Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    great work mrmention, good luck. how tough is this show going to be for you to take the overall?
    Bro it all depends on who shows up. I say my chances are in the 90% so that very high.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDominate
    Spound...good points man, ive used pizza in the past, along with cheesecakea and both seemed to work great, who knows though if me or Ment could have looked better without all that cheese, keep it up Ment, im with ya suffering! Lets see some more pics too!
    Yea, it shouldnt be a HUGE problem either way, but it would make a SLIGHT improvement on your waistline. You never know, I just like to play it safe, it may help you keep that extra .5-1" of waistline sucked in while posing. I dont think cheesacake would be a problem, I would jsut be worried about the actual CHEESE on pizza, which isnt THAT much unless you have like 6-8 slices LOL. I had a personal pan on my shitload and even that small amount caused a little more distention than I hoped for. I ate tons more b4 that (other foods) with no distensions, then i had those 4 small pieces and was a little distended, which I did not like. I had a small amnt of cheescake and it made no difference. Definately stay away from ice cream or milk (obivously) or cottage cheese and things of that sort though. I stuck to cookies, doughnuts, pancakes, waffles, syrup, bacon, sausage, homefires w/ ketchup, cinnamon rolls, pop tarts, craisins, a few over medium eggs, jolly ranchers (kept mouth wet), buttere, fully loaded potatoe, salted most foods, etc etc.

RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    Bro it all depends on who shows up. I say my chances are in the 90% so that very high.
    Bro you will do great! Your a top contender...Everyone is gonna be tight since its a national show, so they will look for other things, your symmtrey..ur shoulder to waist ratio, etc...full muscle bellies and your small joints, all ur tools that you have will come thur...keep a clear mind, you know what you got..fri nite at prejudging give it your all...You got it bro...Keep it bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    Yea, it shouldnt be a HUGE problem either way, but it would make a SLIGHT improvement on your waistline. You never know, I just like to play it safe, it may help you keep that extra .5-1" of waistline sucked in while posing. I dont think cheesacake would be a problem, I would jsut be worried about the actual CHEESE on pizza, which isnt THAT much unless you have like 6-8 slices LOL. I had a personal pan on my shitload and even that small amount caused a little more distention than I hoped for. I ate tons more b4 that (other foods) with no distensions, then i had those 4 small pieces and was a little distended, which I did not like. I had a small amnt of cheescake and it made no difference. Definately stay away from ice cream or milk (obivously) or cottage cheese and things of that sort though. I stuck to cookies, doughnuts, pancakes, waffles, syrup, bacon, sausage, homefires w/ ketchup, cinnamon rolls, pop tarts, craisins, a few over medium eggs, jolly ranchers (kept mouth wet), buttere, fully loaded potatoe, salted most foods, etc etc.
    Yep! good advice bro, well taken.

I was just wondering..What music your gonna pose to at the night show?? I just picked out my music for my show..gonna start practcing my routine a lil more untill the show.

Quote Originally Posted by RailZ
    I was just wondering..What music your gonna pose to at the night show?? I just picked out my music for my show..gonna start practcing my routine a lil more untill the show.
    Wanna hear something funny.. I didnt even start to practice yet. I did pick out music I cant even pronounce its like a symphony, then drop into LL Cool J control myself. I'll see if i can send a music file to you.

getnlarge18 is offline Female Member
    Wanna hear something funny.. I didnt even start to practice yet. I did pick out music I cant even pronounce its like a symphony, then drop into LL Cool J control myself. I'll see if i can send a music file to you.
    Haha...can't WAIT to hear this one!! Good luck this weekend A...send a girl a text if you remember after judging! This is the fun part...so enjoy it.

I'm going to weight-in about 2 hours from now just trying to piss out some water. started pissing at 201lbs. down to 197lbs now, so I' can weight in at any time now.

I'm going to weight-in about 2 hours from now just trying to piss out some water. started pissing at 201lbs. down to 197lbs now, so I' can weight in at any time now.
    Hell yah bro!!! Top of the lightheavies...big improvements..

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Very nice! Snap some picts of yourself at weigh in. I'd like to see how different you look tomorrow.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Same here, Best of luck man, even though its not luck really, you put the time in, seriously man, kick ass!!!!

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck bro with the weigh in tonight...you are almost there brother

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Very nice! Snap some picts of yourself at weigh in. I'd like to see how different you look tomorrow.
    My girlfriend is at work so I'm going by myself. wont be able to take any pictures.

Sh!t, I'll bring the camera anyway, might see someone I know. Be back later bros.

OK Bros. I weighed in at 194lbs. didnt finish pissing out all my water. I'll be dry by tomorrow morning. I peeped the light-heavy and heavy weight line up, Looks lik eabout 15 to 20 competitors in each, those two are the biggest classes. I was so ampted when I was coming home that I started headed to the gym bu tthen I thought about it and thought that I dont want to have any blurred striation I want them crisp and clear so I turned back. also thought of doing one more session of cardio but quickly caught myself. so now I'm just going to lay back and chill and watch a movie til I fall asleep then tomorrow morning it's breakfast as IHOP. On my way home I stopped my Junior and got 2 slices o fcheese cakes (those of you in NYC who know what I'm talking about please testify) the worlds best cheese cakes $6.25 a slice wow.

OK Bros. I weighed in at 194lbs. didnt finish pissing out all my water. I'll be dry by tomorrow morning. I peeped the light-heavy and heavy weight line up, Looks lik eabout 15 to 20 competitors in each, those two are the biggest classes. I was so ampted when I was coming home that I started headed to the gym bu tthen I thought about it and thought that I dont want to have any blurred striation I want them crisp and clear so I turned back. also thought of doing one more session of cardio but quickly caught myself. so now I'm just going to lay back and chill and watch a movie til I fall asleep then tomorrow morning it's breakfast as IHOP. On my way home I stopped my Junior and got 2 slices o fcheese cakes (those of you in NYC who know what I'm talking about please testify) the worlds best cheese cakes $6.25 a slice wow.
    Nice..It's all "cake" from here bro..Have fun tommorow...and get some pics up from ur load...You'll be nice and full..ha

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Awesome man keep us posted! Cant wait!!!

You went to Jrs? Means you were out my way. Good luck and see you tomorrow.

Take some picts!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Would you mind sending a music file to me too man?

I'd love to hear the song you picked out

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    That would be cool indeed.

Good luck Big A

Woke up this morining dry at 191lbs. Put on my first coat this morning. second coat at around 4pm just before heading down to prejudging meeting, only going to do 2 coats of pro-tan then I'm good. Went to IHOP had a stake, eggs, hashbrowns and pancakes, feening for some water, could not finish it all, so saved some for the next 2 hours. I'll also hit the tanning salon to try to pull any last bit of water I'm still holding.

Woke up this morining dry at 191lbs. Put on my first coat this morning. second coat at around 4pm just before heading down to prejudging meeting, only going to do 2 coats of pro-tan then I'm good. Went to IHOP had a stake, eggs, hashbrowns and pancakes, feening for some water, could not finish it all, so saved some for the next 2 hours. I'll also hit the tanning salon to try to pull any last bit of water I'm still holding.
    LOL, I bet that IHOP tasted great...I want some...thats for sure..lol...

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    What a great log this has been..Good Job Ment

DizzyBoy is offline Junior Member
    GL bro, any chance we'll see any photos of you all carbed up? I'm interested to see how much you fill out!

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    good luck bro.

not that you need it. you'll gonna take home a pro card

-rodge

copenhagen is offline Member
    hope everything goes as planned bro, good luck to you

Todays the big day mr ment....go knock em dead bro

REALITY CHECK.
    Last night at prejudging I got BLOWN OUT. I didnt even make top 5. NO EXCUSES I just got straight up beat. they were just better. a class of 17. the top 5 were 5'6" and thick as hell. so back to the drawing board. this is how it is at a national level. I did my best but this year my best was not good enough. I believe in order to win I'll have to come in around 215lbs for my 5'9" frame. However I'd like to thank you guys for behind me and all the suppose you have given me. Sorry I couldn't bring it home, maybe next year.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    REALITY CHECK.
    Last night at prejudging I got BLOWN OUT. I didnt even make top 5. NO EXCUSES I just got straight up beat. they were just better. a class of 17. the top 5 were 5'6" and thick as hell. so back to the drawing board. this is how it is at a national level. I did my best but this year my best was not good enough. I believe in order to win I'll have to come in around 215lbs for my 5'9" frame. However I'd like to thank you guys for behind me and all the suppose you have given me. Sorry I couldn't bring it home, maybe next year.
    Sorry to hear that. You have what it takes to compete at that level so don't give up! I definitely need to see pics of the guys that beat you...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Very supprised to hear that, you must've had some freaks in your class. Also 3inches makes a big difference, goodluck next year Ment!

I was there. You look great but not big enough for you height at national level. I thought some of those guys were shorter than me. I'm 5'6". I was surprised by your call out. You were totally over looked.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Sorry to hear that. You have what it takes to compete at that level so don't give up! I definitely need to see pics of the guys that beat you...
    Call out picts are here:

http://www.graphicmuscle.com/index.c...visionName=Men

copenhagen is offline Member
    REALITY CHECK.

atleast your honest with yourself bro, i ****in like that. I know that your probably motivated like a mother****er to get to the next level.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Some of those light-heavies look incredibly huge for their weight. Damn.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    From those pics it looks like you got some pretty shitty call outs.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Some of those light-heavies look incredibly huge for their weight. Damn.
    Thats who I will be up against in November.

keep your head up brother...you will come back better than ever at your next comp, and this comp will give you the motivation to do so

Arthur's picts are up.

I was there. You look great but not big enough for you height at national level. I thought some of those guys were shorter than me. I'm 5'6". I was surprised by your call out. You were totally over looked.
    Yea bro I'll just have to come back bigger and better next year. This was actually good for me because now it put things into prespective and i'll now do what has to be done. it was a tough class.

timtim is offline Member
    thats the way the nationals are. they are ALL huge at every weight class.

the areas you want to bring up, from looking at the callout picks and back to yours: calves, hamstrings, quads. in that order. the upper body will become more dense, which is the only thing you lacked, the shape, size , and symmetrey are all there. but 5'9" is tall. you need the density to place.

great work. your so close to where you need to be. 1 or 2 more years and you should be right where you have to be.

congragulations on putting together a really solid prep period. all the groundwork is set for you to win in the near future. you should feel very proud.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information