Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Comp diet, 5 weeks left 10 to 5 %

bignath4607 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320
    Yes mate.
    Right o its ages to the ukbff i think il have to check tho it cant be tested as everyone i know on stage last year was full of gear lol i started cutting straight back from holiday so like 2 weeks ago but im only on test p mast adrol and anavar at the mo will start the burners etc in 4 weeks or so
    Just tried that greek yogurt+ whey scoop was lush mate so thanks for that

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by bignath4607
    Right o its ages to the ukbff i think il have to check tho it cant be tested as everyone i know on stage last year was full of gear lol i started cutting straight back from holiday so like 2 weeks ago but im only on test p mast adrol and anavar at the mo will start the burners etc in 4 weeks or so Just tried that greek yogurt+ whey scoop was lush mate so thanks for that Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Start a thread going man, be cool to log it all, maybe look back next year

First timers, North. Today.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comp diet, 5 weeks left 10 to 5 %-image-1791466234.jpg  

Start a thread going man, be cool to log it all, maybe look back next year
    Yeah not a bad idea matey looking at them guys your top 3 material for sure hard t tell by pics but if i was a betting man id say top 3 pal

Yeah not a bad idea matey looking at them guys your top 3 material for sure hard t tell by pics but if i was a betting man id say top 3 pal Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    I better not tempt fate lol. It does seem weak this year, looking at previous years. Pot luck of who decides to show up on the day I suppose.

I better not tempt fate lol. It does seem weak this year, looking at previous years. Pot luck of who decides to show up on the day I suppose.
    Thats true mate all you can do is bring your best form and dont worry about the others if they aint trained hard enough then tough luck

UPDATE : In the interests of remembering what the hell I did, and for anyone else that is actually interested, this is my 4 weeks out update.

I think i just scraped under !0% bf, started Adrol at 100mg ED, 50mg AM and PM, ate at maintenace BEFORE the gym, including two bowls of Granola plus egg whites, lunch consisted of beans, egg, chicken on toast ( gluten free bread - drop next time ), jelly, sin free cake, a Bounty, the resultys were awesome and perfect for a show, so thats the final week getting there - lots of food - sugar / chocolate before the show, gonna drop water and fuids for 24 hours, maybe add red wine in, Mon-thurs low carb days (<100g), Fri - sun to be experimented with gonna taper up (150/200/300)or hit three days the same - 300g fri sat sun.

Mon to thurs : Calories bumped UP, not so much focus on burning fat ( maybe i should ), want to fill out and harden up, if i can recreate last sunday on stage i will be happy !

430am 75g Granola 200g egg whites
    730am 60g oats, 30g whey isolate, 200g egg whites
    945am mackeral in sauce
    1200 tuna salad mayo
    1500 banana
    1700 2 scoops of whey
    1900 chicken veg
    2100 50g nuts / 80g choc protein dessert ( either / or / both )

Cardio relaxed a little as it rained and im knackered ! will bump up again next week
    Clen lost its potency - waiting for Keto to arrive - need sleep too.
    Training twice a day still , loving it and im sure im putting size on.

My carb cycling protocol results. 3 weeks to go. Cannot deviate at all this week,

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    deffinitly getting leaner...good job, what is your high carb day amount?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    deffinitly getting leaner...good job, what is your high carb day amount?
    Thanks Mike !

Well, I'm glad I made enough early progress to be able to play and experiment with carb up phase. In my bro science type way, I fluked it last week, and now I'm trying to retrace my steps, I think I was low carb mon - tues, same weds but no cardio, low thurs fri, starting loading fri night, loaded all day sat and Sunday morning - basically maintenance cals before show time and included chocolate !

So I'm going with 100g carbs mon - thurs, 175 fri, 250 sat, 300 sun morning with chocolate. That is this weeks plan. Should lose a bit of fat mon to thurs too. My thoughts are that, I cannot absorb all that carbs at once and I need to load them up gradually.

Last weeks big deviation was 2/3am granola ! Going to swap this for protein shake with almond milk, this should reclaim 50g of carbs a day.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Shit, def looking solid as fvck!

Way lean too man

Keep at it

My carb cycling protocol results. 3 weeks to go. Cannot deviate at all this week,
    Great work buddy looking ripped to the bone

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> >
    Shit, def looking solid as fvck! Way lean too man Keep at it
    Thanks brother !

Great work buddy looking ripped to the bone Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Cheers mate ! You've been quiet this week, where u been ? U ok ?

Cheers mate ! You've been quiet this week, where u been ? U ok ?
    I been training me arse off mate with gym and went back to rugby too in an attempt to speed up the shredding seems to be going well
    Have u had a measurement of bf yet mega progress in whats really a short time think u will blow the comp outta the water mate

I been training me arse off mate with gym and went back to rugby too in an attempt to speed up the shredding seems to be going well Have u had a measurement of bf yet mega progress in whats really a short time think u will blow the comp outta the water mate Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Good lad ;-)) sounds like a plan, just keep tightening up the diet and train harder and harder, zero alcohol. so you're competing in the UKBFF in Leeds in 31st August ?

No bf measurements, I've just gone by the mirror and how much I can nip lol, I can't find ( or have time ) for bod pod or dexa. Pincer measurements are too open to variation IMO. You should see some of the pics of me two / three months ago - unreal to say the least.

I don't want to tempt fate but they also sent me forms for the British Classic a month later in pudsey, with a first timers class, I hope i do well enough to get asked back for that, then I can have another month at dieting and see how much further I really can go as far as dripping bf and gaining muscle, one problem tho, I've only got enough gear to last up to 31st lol.

Good lad ;-)) sounds like a plan, just keep tightening up the diet and train harder and harder, zero alcohol. so you're competing in the UKBFF in Leeds in 31st August ? No bf measurements, I've just gone by the mirror and how much I can nip lol, I can't find ( or have time ) for bod pod or dexa. Pincer measurements are too open to variation IMO. You should see some of the pics of me two / three months ago - unreal to say the least. I don't want to tempt fate but they also sent me forms for the British Classic a month later in pudsey, with a first timers class, I hope i do well enough to get asked back for that, then I can have another month at dieting and see how much further I really can go as far as dripping bf and gaining muscle, one problem tho, I've only got enough gear to last up to 31st lol.
    Yeah the alcohol will be the hardest part as it comes hand in hand wi rugby lol il be strong yeah august is when i want to be ready for pal so plenty of time for improvement diet is going well since u got me onto protein yog thats what i have now if i fancy sommat naughty so thanks for that agreed on the calipersand shit as they need calibrating etc and i defo think you will get thru pal no sweat comparedto alot of people i seen going for same show they aint even close so stay positive pal and if u need subbing some gear i have a few "spare" bottles lying around :-)

Yeah the alcohol will be the hardest part as it comes hand in hand wi rugby lol il be strong yeah august is when i want to be ready for pal so plenty of time for improvement diet is going well since u got me onto protein yog thats what i have now if i fancy sommat naughty so thanks for that agreed on the calipersand shit as they need calibrating etc and i defo think you will get thru pal no sweat comparedto alot of people i seen going for same show they aint even close so stay positive pal and if u need subbing some gear i have a few "spare" bottles lying around :-) Sent from my iPhone using Forum
    Nice one Brother

This weeks training and food schedule. Mon - thurs

630am 25 mins bike to work
    700am compound movement ie incline bench / deadlift/ squat / overhead press
    730am 60g oats 200g egg whites 30g whey
    1000am tin of mackerel
    1200 tuna mayo salad
    1500 banana
    1600 isolation exercises, high reps lots of sets
    1645 bike home
    1800 2 scoops of whey
    1900 chicken rice
    2100 protein dessert
    2200 nuts

2150 cals net, roughly 50/25/25

Fri -sun
    Ramp up carbs fri 175 sat 250 sun 325
    Decease cardio

Switched training up again, my body seems to be loving volume, the more I do, the bigger I get. That was the best chest workout in years

Am - 5x5 type style training / bench / Bb row : leg extensions. ( 5x12)

Evening workout :

10x10 70kg flat bench
    3 x flat bench to failure
    3 x incline bench to failure
    Db incline flyes
    10x10 lat pull downs wide grip
    3 x failure
    3 x under hand grip

10 x 10 db curl and press - failed at sets 4/5/6

Felt as big and as solid as a house.

Or like the sandman from the comic book films lol.

Melted some fat off last night and this morning, HIIT weights in the evening, 5x5 in the morning, 2 cardio sessions, on gold standard when a hunger pang strikes in the night( with almond milk ) and some cashews.

Pic is fresh outta bed, no pump, no water no food.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comp diet, 5 weeks left 10 to 5 %-image-1530194669.jpg  

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    Nice, looking solid. I can't wait to start gear , just 10 more days .

Quote Originally Posted by SOL!D5NAK3
    Nice, looking solid. I can't wait to start gear , just 10 more days .
    Thanks bro, I'm putting weight on if anything lol.

Good luck, how many weeks?

Today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comp diet, 5 weeks left 10 to 5 %-image-714589278.jpg  
    NACH3 likes this.

Thanks bro, I'm putting weight on if anything lol. Good luck, how many weeks?
    that is the good combination of the gears and good nutrition, damn ,your shoulders are blown how much do you weigh?
    I'm 13.5 weeks out .
    Last edited by SOL!D5NAK3; 05-13-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SOL!D5NAK3
    that is the good combination of the gears and good nutrition, damn ,your shoulders are blown how much do you weigh? I'm 13.5 weeks out .
    211lbs this morning,

how tall are you?

5'10"3/4

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    You look awesome!! Your hard work and dedication is paying off bigtime. See it through and you will be a proud person and know what you are capable of. Respect.
    MIKE_XXL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joco71
    You look awesome!! Your hard work and dedication is paying off bigtime. See it through and you will be a proud person and know what you are capable of. Respect.
    Cheers man ! Good words you have spoken, just what I needed to hear tbh. Staying dedicated and true, not overspilling or overloading on simple carbs is my mission right now.

This morning, not feeling as "tight" and solid as I had hoped tbh

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Looking solid as f*** FQ... I'm just about ready to start hitting some volume(nothing too crazy but next wk I want to see what going to true failure would be like on a deload wk ).

Your delts are getting some serious striations(and quads got those veins coming in nice) keep smashing it! I'd say your at or near 8% if not a lil lower(if your obliques and serratus can pop that will make you look much more lean too!

Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Looking solid as f*** FQ... I'm just about ready to start hitting some volume(nothing too crazy but next wk I want to see what going to true failure would be like on a deload wk ). Your delts are getting some serious striations(and quads got those veins coming in nice) keep smashing it! I'd say your at or near 8% if not a lil lower(if your obliques and serratus can pop that will make you look much more lean too! Great work!
    Thanks Nach ! I've gone crazy this week - 5x5 every morning A-B-A-B-A then 10x10 in the evening a-b-c-a-b-c, cardio to and from work on push bike, fecking drained I am ! If I was measuring bodyfat with calipers, fat on lower abs is at an all time low, so I know I'm in unchartered territory. Two days rest is definitely calling. I limited myself to 175g carbs yesterday as part of the carb up protocol, but today I've gone mad and reached a whopping 420g carbs, I'm just hoping it fills up muscles and glycogen stores first before being stored as fat tissue. I am looking freaky I'll be honest, veins are awesome lol. So I'm ok on restricted carbs but the halfway point is a killer, once I start I just can't stop, a real test of mental strength.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Thanks Nach ! I've gone crazy this week - 5x5 every morning A-B-A-B-A then 10x10 in the evening a-b-c-a-b-c, cardio to and from work on push bike, fecking drained I am ! If I was measuring bodyfat with calipers, fat on lower abs is at an all time low, so I know I'm in unchartered territory. Two days rest is definitely calling. I limited myself to 175g carbs yesterday as part of the carb up protocol, but today I've gone mad and reached a whopping 420g carbs, I'm just hoping it fills up muscles and glycogen stores first before being stored as fat tissue. I am looking freaky I'll be honest, veins are awesome lol. So I'm ok on restricted carbs but the halfway point is a killer, once I start I just can't stop, a real test of mental strength.
    For sure... It's a definitely all mental(if you want to do it it'll happen) - your looking awesome just watch those really high carb days the closer you get... I don't think I could go Keto - my body responds very well to carbs... But I've never been in show shape lol... I know they would have to drop(obviously to deplete my glycogen stores first) if you can stay on top of your depleted glycogen stores - they shouldn't get stored! How long do you have left big guy?

Best of luck!

Two weeks left mate. Having two days total rest this weekend, thoughts being muscles grow when rested and less is more.

Carbs are a double edged sword for me, once I mastered them and understood the effects they have on my body the magic began to happen.

I'll be honest, I'm getting sloppy, I'm eating way to much milk chocolate and granola / flapjack bars with too much sugar in. It's not sticking as fat tissue as such. Veins have popped out. See pic of legs now lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comp diet, 5 weeks left 10 to 5 %-image-1975198481.jpg  

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    Two weeks left mate. Having two days total rest this weekend, thoughts being muscles grow when rested and less is more. Carbs are a double edged sword for me, once I mastered them and understood the effects they have on my body the magic began to happen. I'll be honest, I'm getting sloppy, I'm eating way to much milk chocolate and granola / flapjack bars with too much sugar in. It's not sticking as fat tissue as such. Veins have popped out. See pic of legs now lol.
    what does your calf routine look like?

Quote Originally Posted by fitnesstrainer
    what does your calf routine look like?

I don't train them. Well not isolated anyway.

Squats.
    Bike.

After playing around with carbs, carbing up protocols, trying to get "harder" dryer looking with more food, iv come to the conclusion that less is more ( in terms of conditioning ), yes I can look fuller albeit forfeit in sharpness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comp diet, 5 weeks left 10 to 5 %-image-1824696424.jpg  

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Looking great MR FQ!

Look at them vains! good luck in your comp!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information