ROID_MAN is offline New Member

Losing a beer belly?

I've got a beer belly...not a bad one but just some extra there....lol. I know about dieting but my question is this. Just keep eating like I've been doing and stop drinking completely will make you lose the belly fat correct?

PriestRidden is offline New Member
    Well, I'm new here and I'm sure someone else will chime in w/more data. But it's pretty simple.

To lose weight you need to cut calories or increase the number of calories burned. So, if you have 400 calories a day, or whatever in beer and then take it away you'll have created a deficit. So yes you should lose weight assuming nothing else changes ie, your diet, your level of exercise.

However, you really can't spot lose weight, so the weight loss won't all come just from your belly.

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    if you want to diet and workout, you will have to cut out the drinking first. then check out these threads, come back with a proposed diet/stats/bmr and we will help you tremendously and then the rest is up to you! goodluck and welcome to the diet forum

ALL LINKS, ID WATCH THEM IN ORDER MAKE SURE TO WATCH ALL THE VIDS IN THE 1ST!
    So you wanna learn how to Diet? ** WATCH ALL DVD VIDEOS FIRST!
    Another way to calculate BMR BMR CALCULATIONS
    To those who dont know CARDIO AND HR
    Exercise 101 INTRO TO EXERCISE
    Free Training Advice-national certified trainer FREE TRAINING ADVICE
    Slingshot Keto vs Slingshot Carb Cycling RONNIES CARB CYLCLING/KETO
    cardio on empty stomach AM CARDIO
    Some physiology that you should know PHYSIOLOGY

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    if you want to diet and workout, you will have to cut out the drinking first. then check out these threads, come back with a proposed diet/stats/bmr and we will help you tremendously and then the rest is up to you! goodluck and welcome to the diet forum

yea, that's great info there...

why dont u also post up what u usualy eat throughout the day..

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post

I don't agree with that statement at all. Just make sure your caloric intake is below your maintainance level, maybe increase your physical activity. Yes, stopping the drinking will help dramatically, but if you're not going to be a pro bb, why completely cut the fun out of your life? Moderation is key

Quote Originally Posted by Jfew44 View Post
    I don't agree with that statement at all. Just make sure your caloric intake is below your maintainance level, maybe increase your physical activity. Yes, stopping the drinking will help dramatically, but if you're not going to be a pro bb, why completely cut the fun out of your life? Moderation is key
    i agree moderation is key. but if your going on a diet and wantt to maximize the most out of your calories, then drinking is not going to cut it. cutting diets are not fun. 1-2 drinks a week (accounting for those cals, is fine) so yea listen to jfew but for rule of thumb no alcohol if your serious about losing weight!

When dieting, I personally don't drink, but I have alot of other things I do that the O.P. probably does not as well. The general gist I got from him was that he just wanted his beer belly gone, so I was trying to give him other options.

I feel ya though eat, some just get into it more than others.

When dieting, I personally don't drink, but I have alot of other things I do that the O.P. probably does not as well. The general gist I got from him was that he just wanted his beer belly gone, so I was trying to give him other options.

I feel ya though eat, some just get into it more than others.
    hell yea, i was a big partier/drinker lol.. to be honest if it couldnt get me fat id still be but i weigh out my options.. wuld i rather be a chisled beast and be happy or be fat and be happy

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    some people dont understand what moderation is...

i havn't touched alcohol, with the exception of my bros bday in 10 weeks.....

some think moderation would mean a beer everyday...

nope, that dont work...

once a week, well yea, okay...

im never looking to compete.. im looking to get and stay healthy...

alcohol contradicts that statement, especially in the context of leaning out and adding muscle

Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    some people dont understand what moderation is...
    I totally agree.
    i havn't touched alcohol, with the exception of my bros bday in 10 weeks.....

some think moderation would mean a beer everyday...

nope, that dont work...
    Also agree
    once a week, well yea, okay...
    In my mind, that's even stretching it, but some people just like to drink.
    im never looking to compete.. im looking to get and stay healthy...
    Which is 90% of the people on here I would think. I feel the same way. From the O.P.'s statement, I didn't think he was as worried about being healthy as getting rid of his beer gut.
    alcohol contradicts that statement, especially in the context of leaning out and adding muscle
    I agree 100% that alcohol has no place while cutting. But some will never completely cut it out of their lives, so the next best thing is do drink in moderation, which as you said, not many people can define the word

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Beer bellys can come in hand sometimes...

Thread Information