Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

Lightbulb experts on my theory?

Background knowledge: I am a severe ecto who has always had a problem gaining weight. Lifting knowledge is great and my schedule is strict. I am on trt because I have the natty test production of a small girl. I have been eating super clean and don't even add seasoning to my chicken or anything. I gained to about 165lbs with a super lean bf% probably 7 or so. I had veins all over my abs. I started a bulk and everything went well until about two weeks ago...

Problem: I kept most of my meals the same and only subtracted two meals and replaced them with different less strict meals. So I have still been getting a substantial amount of calories from my bulk meals, but I have just been going out and getting the rest of my calories from shittier foods (still eating the right foods, but with more bad fats and sugars etc.) THE PROBLEM IS: I have lost 5lbs over the last two and a half weeks. I am now at 161lbs with a bf% estimate of 8-9%.

Example of what I mean by a shitty meal: instead of having 8oz of steak with a sweet potato and 1/4 of an avocado I would eat a 6oz burger with 1000 island dressing add 1/4 of an avocado with cheese and mayo and with a sweet potato. As you can see I still am getting the beef, good fat, and carbs; but there are all kinds of added crap that should make me gain fat (but I don't)

What has changed that could cause this dramatic muscle loss?: I changed my reps to a higher range and am doing a few more exercises. I have added some shitty calories to my clean daily calorie count.

MY THEORY: I have friends and I have met other people just like this. My question to you experts (or anyone with knowledge and input) is if you think that by taking in the crappy nutrients with the good nutrients, my body does not derive the nutrients at all. Like maybe the shitty calories somehow block the absorption of all of the calories. I have lost weight completely consistent with a diet cutting out the meals that have crap in it. So instead of eating more shitty calories my body loses just like I would if I didn't eat those meals at all.

INPUT?

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    HMMMM? Well, first things first go back to what you were doing!! Stay away from the "crappy" foods.. Have you started any thing different with your TRT?

Nothing different only changes were increased reps and sets which I have since reverted back to my old training schedule until I stop losing weight, and I started eating some shitty foods. Sometimes a meal would be like a good meal but I would have a slice of banana cream pie with it. I should gain more if anything. I am still getting all of the necessary nutrients, but just added some bad ones too.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    well first of all, i would go back to how you were eating and add a little bit of calories extra to each meal if you want to gain.
    complex carbs and good fats. thats what i would suggest.

perhaps cause two your meals are as not as good as your other meals your body is not so consistant with the quality of food its taking in.

then that maybe causing loss which probably is muscle loss.

i would go back to the other way and add slowly to each meal quality food, which = quality gains.

I have already reverted to my old eating habits of all clean food. It is the reason this happens that I am wondering about. When I was one of those "I eat everything" guys, I ate tons of food and plenty of calories, but just not super clean. I would smother my food in bbq sauce and what not and I was no joke 130lbs at 5-7 with a bf% of 6.2

We encounter people like that all the time on this and other boards and if you are a trainer you see it all the time. I think there is more to it than "you just are not eating enough of the right foods"

really nobody?
    Bino?
    nark?

chubbsub is offline Junior Member
    -this is a personal question, but why are you on trt? is the treatment working? how old are you? do you have past issues with pituitary or hypothalamus function?

this may be a cortisol or thyroid issue above everything else....

-how much cardio are you doing?

-what's total calorie tally with these new bulk meals?

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbsub View Post
    -this is a personal question, but why are you on trt? is the treatment working? how old are you? do you have past issues with pituitary or hypothalamus function?

this may be a cortisol or thyroid issue above everything else....

-how much cardio are you doing?

-what's total calorie tally with these new bulk meals?
    I agree. TRT can affect thyroid functions. Are you on an AI?

I am on trt because my body produces next to no testosterone . I have taken an AI but I am not on one right now. curious what an ai has to do with it. also note above the oly things that changed and this weight loss happened over two weeks time. Very quick. New calorie count is probably 4,000. I always eat a lot of food anyway to gain or maintain I am at at least 3,000

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Could you post your current diet?

And the previous one as well?
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

something sounds out of whack with you ingesting 3000-4000 cals and remaining at 161! Im curious to see the diet as well.

OK I will post it! brb

ahhahaha I do not think you are ready for this. this is NOT a joke. I realize that I am overeating, but I just kept upping until I started growing. now you should see why I am amazed that I lost weight.

This does not include any shakes or any type of carb supplement and efa macros are not included and I do not drink anything but water
    Meal 1
    5 eggs whole 31.2p 2.1c 33.8f = 436
    lean steak 6oz 50.8p 0.0c 11.3f = 319
    wheat toast but usually veggies (green) 6.3p 26.7c 2.0f = 150
    88.3grams protein
    28.8grams carbs
    47.1grams fat
    905 calories

Meal 2
    7oz chicken 61p 0.0c 7f = 325
    sweet potato .5lbs 4.6p 47c .3f = 204
    ***** 3-6-9 2000mgs
    65.6grams protein
    47grams carbs
    10grams fat
    525 calories

meal 3
    tuna or other fish
    37.5grams protein
    0.0grams carbs
    1.2grams fat
    efa pills
    171 calories

workout
    pwo and other meals #’s 4-6 or 7
    the following is put into a blender except blueberries which are eaten separately pwo
    chicken 1.5 lbs 209.3p 0.0c 24.1f = 1,113
    lean steak 6oz 50.8p 0.0c 11.3f = 319
    sweet potato 1.5lbs 13.7p 140.9c 1.0f = 612
    Blueberries 1 cup(PWO) 1.1p 21c .5f = 83
    274.9grams protein
    161.9grams carbs
    36.9grams fat
    2,127calories

this is my usual give or take one meal

totals
    protein = 466.3 = 1,785.2 I should lower this (better for my pocket anyway)
    Carbs = 237.7 = 950.8
    Fats = 95.2 = 856.8
    Calories = 3,592.8

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Could you post your current diet?

And the previous one as well?
    the new one would just add shitty foods and things like butter and pie and ice cream. so the calories would actually be higher, a lot higher

Well, if you are in fact eating that much,it looks to be around3500 cals.Although im trusting you on the 1.5 LBS of chicken and sweet pot!!!! When you put your chicken and steak/sweet pot in a blender how that turnin out for ya??
    Last edited by **TOP**; 10-26-2009 at 03:48 PM.

chicken 1.5 lbs 209.3p 0.0c 24.1f = 1,113

You sure thats correct?

(Total Weight of pkg in Lbs) x (16 ounces/lb)
    ______________________________________ = Oz. per Serving/piece

Number of servings/pieces in package

(Oz per Serving/piece) x (30 calories/oz) = Total calories per serving/piece

Well i guess yeah /209*4=836 24*9=216 836+216=1052....close divided by 3 meals=350 cals.....................sorry ill shut up HAHAHA

SORRY IM OCD!!
    Last edited by **TOP**; 10-26-2009 at 03:58 PM.

I eat the steak separate usually

But my blender mix is peas, sweet potato, and chicken. I weigh it all out after cooking then throw it in. I recently broke my blender but I will resume this process soon enough. It tastes great by the way. the sweet potato keeps the chicken from tasting dry. I go to school till 930pm somedays so this is my method.

I do not focus on my calories too much that is why it took me a while to post. I know I am overeating so I don't think I need to watch it to closely. I could skip two meals and be over my tdee and I could add to meals and not gain a single ounce so it's kind of whatever. just wondering why I lost 4 or so pounds so quickly.

How do you feel?

I feel hungry
    haha I feel fine. I know it is so weird when you see how much I eat in relation to my stats, but I guess it is just really bad genetics. I don't think my body gets the nutrients from food like other people do but hey what can you do?

I have tried telling doctors about this but when I tell them my diet they can't relate because other than thanksgiving they don't see food in amounts like that. It took me so long to get them to test my gh levels and stuff to eliminate that. sometimes I think I have cancer lol.

Thread Information