Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    11WaY is offline Female Member

I want to do a bikini show :)

posted this in the female forum and didnt get much feedback and was told i should repost here. anyway!

5' 2
    124-126lb
    bf ? 20 something?
    25 years old
    I've been training (cardio/weights) with a personal trainer for the past 2 years pretty consistently. but my diet has been kind of hit or miss

so I want to do a fitness show (bikini). I need a couch! hehe i have my trainer who is a top level amateur bb. hes a good friend of the family and i dont pay him so i can only expect so much. plus hes super super busy.

my questions are more on the diet side. the show is April 4th. is that enough time? i think i need to lose about ten lbs?..

so any example diet would be awesome. or where i can find them

cheers

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Cheers luv!

it would be very helpful if you could post some pics =)

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hi, welcome to the board.

April leaves plenty of time, and i'm sure we can help you with your diet. Why don't you start with posting your current diet - just give us a typical day's diet for you.

You can find examples all throughout this section, just go through the threads. Although they're geared towards a man, the foods would essentially be the same, only the amounts would change.

I'd also like to see your current workout routine.

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Pics would definitely help!

---------------------
    Last edited by Times Roman; 11-18-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I can be "obtuse" sometimes

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    btw... lemme ask a real dumb question?

what is the couch for?
    I don't know about you but I use my couch for seating. This is not the lounge TR so try to keep the posts in here atleast somewhat progressive and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcwithane View Post
    Pics would definitely help!

There's gonna be a million posts in here asking to see pictures for there own pleasure. Pics are not really needed to give advice on her diet. If she wants to post pics and be critiqued then she would have done so.
    Last edited by stack_it; 11-18-2010 at 06:53 PM.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    11way post up your current diet. I'm not the most knowledgable guy here on dieting but gbrice, twist, lbsomerion, and a few other guys here will be very helpful for you. Good luck with the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I don't know about you but I use my couch for seating. This is not the lounge TR so try to keep the posts in here atleast somewhat progressive and helpful.

There's gonna be a million posts in here asking to see pictures for there own pleasure. Pics are not really needed to give advice on her diet. If she wants to post pics and be critiqued then she would have done so.
    of course, you are right. I edited it out before any more damage.

My apologies to OP.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Good luck! Hope you reach your goal.

Agreed. Asking to see pics will likely scare off most female members... nothing worse then feeling like a bunch of vultures are waiting around to drool over pics. We respect and want to maintain our female members!

11way post up your current diet. I'm not the most knowledgable guy here on dieting but gbrice, twist, lbsomerion, and a few other guys here will be very helpful for you. Good luck with the contest.
    Thanks for the accolade Stack, much appreciated. btw - LB isn't going to be doing much of anything on these boards anymore...

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    As Gbrice said, post a sample diet so that we can see what glaring errors currently exist and we can move forward from there.

The following is info that you should know to reach and sustain your goals. Below the info is a sample diet, consult, and grocery list I sent to a female client with the goal of 30 lbs of fat loss in 12-weeks. Understand the sample diet is intended to be useful but ONLY as a guideline as it's based on that INDIVIDUAL's preferences and lifestyle.

Part 1 - The basics

If you burn more calories than you take in, you will lose weight. If you burn less, you will gain weight (via muscle, fat, or both depending on the food choices and planning). Period. There are 3500 stored calories in one pound of body fat. 3500 negative calories equals one pound of fat loss. So let’s break it down a little further, based on our individual statistics and goals.

Stats – BMR and TDEE are the two figures that can tell us a lot about how we should be eating based on our goals.

Let’s start with BMR. This is your Basal Metabolic Rate. AKA – how many calories you burn each day by just sitting on your ass. In order to figure out your BMR, you need to know what your lean body mass is. In turn, you need to know what your body fat percentage is.

If you don’t know your body fat percentage, remind me to test it for you before we proceed. If you’d rather not do a caliper test, just tell me and I’ll give you a pretty good visual estimate.

With your bf % in hand, here’s the formula:

BMR (men and women) = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

Total weight x bf % in decimal form = total bf weight

Total weight - total bf weight = total lean body mass

For example:

I am 6'1 210 lbs at 10% body fat... so I would multiply 210 by .10 (converted from percent to decimal) = 21 lbs

210 – 21 = 189 lbs lean body weight

189 / 2.2 = 86.0 lean mass in kg

370 + (21.6 x 86) = 2227.6 BMR (this is high for the average person)

Now that we have a BMR figure, we can move on to TDEE. Total Daily Energy Expenditure. This is how many calories we actually use during the day via our BMR and activities such as work, exercise and various tasks. We can figure this number out with simple math but be honest because this figure is to be the cornerstone of your diet and healthy lifestyle. We need to determine your activity level. We’ll choose from a few levels:

1 If you are sedentary (little or no exercise): Calorie - Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    2 If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    3 If you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    4 If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    5 If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training): Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

For example:

I train with weights 5 days for 90 minutes per week. I play hockey three times per week
    for 90 minutes. I do 60 minutes of cardio training 5 times per week as well. In addition to games, I also practice my sport 3 times per week for 90 minutes. Either via skating or puck/shooting drills. All are high-intensity. I am between very and extra active. Let’s say BMR x 1.8. My TDEE is 4010.

This is how many calories you can eat and still break even. To lose weight, we must eat below this number. To gain, we must eat above it. 1000 calories below your TDEE daily, will result in negative 7000 calories per week. Remember, 3500 calories is one pound of fat loss; so you’re losing two pounds per week. And that’s with just diet alone. Now, let’s factor in additional caloric deficit via cardio. Say, you also run for 45 minutes in the morning and burn 600 calories in the process. That puts you at negative 1600 calories per day. Now we’re talking four pounds per week. Imagine (and I don’t recommend this) if you ate 1500 below your TDEE and ran for 2 hours per day, burning 1600 calories in the process, putting you at negative 3200 calories daily. Now we’re talking about a pound per day. You could be at your goal weight in a matter of weeks. However, this would destroy your BMR and make you gain weight back quickly if you started eating normally again without a gradual increase in calories over several months. The most appropriate course of action with regard to sustainable results and metabolic health is to be as patient as possible and do more cardio while maintaining a minimal deficit to ensure your body is as nourished as possible while on a fat loss regiment.

Part 2 – Exercise.

I’ll keep this part short and sweet because we’ll do the real work in this area during our sessions in the gym. There are only two major types of exercise that will help you realize your goals.

1 Resistance training: AKA – lifting weights. In doing this, we shred our muscle tissue and force our body to rebuild it, bigger, stronger, and leaner than it was before. This is our body responding to the strain, becoming better prepared to handle it next time around. In rebuilding muscle tissue, our bodies require lots more nutrients and calories. For example, if you work out hard and feel sore the next day, your body is, at this point, a calorie burning machine. Some experts say we burn as much as 30% more calories in a sedentary state in the days following strong workouts. Basically add 30% to your BMR if you lift weights. Ya dig?

2 Cardiovascular training: There are many types and ways to employ this type of training. At a high body fat percentage; high intensity cardio is going to be most effective. This means keeping your heart rate highly elevated (about 80% of max) for more than 20 minutes at a time, usually via running. Our bodies burn calories at an incredible rate when doing this and unless we have tons of carbohydrates and stored glycogen in our body (we’ll get into carbs later) – will have no choice but to burn some fat for energy in this state as well. At a low body fat percentage when the goal is to preserve muscle and gradually shed that last bit of stubborn fat, I recommend low intensity cardio. This involves longer sessions at fewer heart beats per minute (65% of max heart rate). The calorie burn is not equivalent to interval or high intensity cardio but in this heart rate range; fat is targeted, while lean tissue and muscle glycogen are spared. Anyway, enough said, right? Do cardio, create a caloric deficit, burn body fat, lose water weight by sweating, which makes you feel thin. It’s huge.

Part 3 – Diet - Macronutrients:

I love analogies. Let’s use a good one. Think of your perfect body as a house that you must build. You’ve figured out your BMR and TDEE, so you know the exact specs of the property you have to work with. I’ve told you how exercise affects weight loss and how much of a caloric deficit we must create to lose said weight; so you know how to build - you understand architecture. You also know the pace you intend on losing weight at based on these other factors, so you know it will be harder to get your house built in weeks as opposed to months. The only thing left is the tools/building material you must use and because you don’t know how to eat, you still can’t build anything. At least, not well. Sure, you can starve yourself for a few months but you’ll just gain all the weight back in 2-nights of binge drinking – you’re house will fall down!

So, let’s talk tools baby. Let’s talk food. First off, there are only 3 types of foods/macronutrients. Protein. Carbohydrates. Fat. That’s it.

Protein – 4 calories per gram - Building material. Bricks. You can’t gain energy from protein, you can only use it to build muscle/skin/hair/nails. It’s basically just amino acids and it’s what our bodies are made of. As such, we need lots of it. 1g of protein per body lb is a good number to shoot for. Go as high as 2g per body lb if you’re lifting weights and trying to build muscle. For example, I am 210 lbs and I eat between 300-400 grams per day. Conventional wisdom states that our bodies can only break down so much at one time, so we want to eat 20-40 grams ofprotein in every meal, several times per day. However, more and more literature to the contrary is being published every day and there is no hard evidence to support the 20-40g “max absorption” concept. Still, with regard to metabolic health and maintaining a balanced diet, splitting your daily protein intake up among many smaller meals is going to be most efficient. Protein, being building material only and not energy/labor – the body can rarely find a reason for it to be stored as fat. If you must over-eat – make it lean meat/fish.

Carbs – 4 calories per gram - Think of these as human labor for your house. Think of sugar as dudes you pick up out front of home depot and oatmeal as a skilled carpenter. Both are carbs, both serve very different purposes. Carbs do not build muscle; they are simply an energy source. As such, they should only be eaten/used when we need energy. Any carbs we ingest before bed or before watching a movie, or something sedentary are not used as energy, and as such, are stored in the body as glycogen (glucose/water in our muscles that we will use when doing high-intensity exercise). Once our glycogen reserves are full, they are stored as fat. Yes, they will make you fat. Carbs can be your best friend or your worst enemy. As such, I will teach you what carbs to eat and when.

Fats – 9 calories per gram - Like carbs, fats are an energy source, not a building material like protein. They provide nowhere near as much energy as carbs however and are not the body’s preferred source. With regard to our house, think of fats as the glue/cement. They provide much needed essential fatty acids, which are great for joint/organ health, metabolism, and increase our protein synthesis (body’s ability to make use of the protein we give it). Going back to our analogy, cement/glue increases the effectiveness of bricks! If we give our bodies the right fats, it will be able to burn stored body fat quickly as it won’t see any use in keeping it. Remember, like carbs – not all fat is good and ALL fat is high in calories so watch out. A tablespoon of peanut butter can be a good addition to a meal. Snack on 5-6 tablespoons means you’ve just eaten over your TDEE for the day.

Part 4 – Diet – What to Eat:
    Acceptable proteins for your healthy lifestyle diet:
    The goal is to eat lean protein. Meats/other sources low in fat/carbs.
    Ground beef (93% lean or better)
    Lean steak (Flank, flat iron, or top sirloin)
    Bison sirloin (the highest quality red meat)
    Chicken breas
    Turkey breast
    Tuna (canned or sushi grade)
    Salmon
    Tilapia (mostly all white fish)
    All shellfish
    Venison
    Whey protein (post-workout recovery purposes only)
    Casein/Cottage cheese (before bed only)

Black-List Protein sources. Do not eat these because they are high in fat. And not the
    good kind we find in nuts and olive oil – I’m talking about cholesterol raising saturated
    fat!
    1 Bacon
    2 Sausage
    3 Expensive fat-marbled Steaks (Ribeye, Strip, Filet)
    4 Pork and beef ribs
    5 Pork/Lamb chops
    6 Restaurant ground beef (80/20 fat – most burgers)
    7 Duck
    8 Chicken legs/thighs
    9 Chicken skin
    10 Cheese

Acceptable Carbs for your healthy lifestlyle:
    Complex carbs are now your creed. These are slower-digesting, natural, low on the glycemic index carbohydrates that digest slowly and provide us with sustained energy. They do not drastically affect our blood sugar and do not cause insulin spikes. Thus our body sees no reason to store them as fat, it would rather burn them for energy. Simple carbs such as enriched white breads/pastas/rice/potatoes/sugars (including most fruit) cause insulin spikes and are high GI foods. They should not be eaten when on a strict diet. Fruit can be consumed early in the day or pre/post-workout because of it’s high nutritional value but should usually be avoided due to being a form of simple sugar. Remember, healthy, low-calorie foods aren’t always the correct foods and such is the case with fruit.
    1 Oats/Oatmeal
    2 Grits/Cornmeal
    3 Unsalted/non-buttered popcorn (great, low-cal snack)
    4 Sweet potato (the best choice)
    5 Butternut squash
    6 Whole wheat pasta (not enriched)
    7 Organic whole wheat bread (not enriched wonder bread crap)
    8 Brown rice
    9 Ezekiel bread
    10 Swedish grain bread
    11 Gluten free bread
    12 Wheat couscous
    13 Corn
    14 Quinoa
    15 Lentils
    16 Beans
    17 Many more, look up the GI (glycemic index) for healthy choices

Black List:
    1 White pasta
    2 White bread
    3 Baguette
    4 Bagels
    5 Cookies, cake, muffins, cupcakes, all sweets basically.
    6 White couscous
    7 White rice
    8 You get the idea…

Don’t get discouraged upon reading this list. I still make desserts all the time with whole
    grain flour and splenda. I buy bagels and baguettes at the health food store that use
    complex carbs as a base. If you’re dedicated, you don’t have to miss out 100%

Acceptable fats for your healthy lifestyle:
    We look for fat sources that are high in omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. Also, many are high in protein. We do not want saturated fats such as butter, cream, meat fat. We don’t want test tube fats like trans (the worst). We want mono/polyunsaturated fats that our body can use for something other than calories. Remember, even good fats are high in calories.
    1 Natural peanut butter (no sugar added, just roasted peanuts)
    2 Natural almond butter
    3 Cashews
    4 Almonds
    5 Peanuts
    6 Flax seeds
    7 Flax seed oil
    8 Salmon and Trout (great fatty proteins)
    9 Fish oil
    10 Extra virgin olive oil (should be used on all veggies/salads)
    11 Chia seeds
    12 Grapeseed oil
    13 Macadamia nut oil

Acceptable miscellaneous foods:

These foods don’t provide much as far as macronutrients but are great for adding vitamins/minerals and taste. Notice some of these other foods are dairy. Dairy is another animal’s milk. We lack the enzymes to digest it as they do and it’s high in fat/sugar. It should only be eaten early in the day for nutrient purposes with the exception of whey and casein (cottage cheese).
    1 Skim milk (Hood brand is only 45 calories and 3g of sugar per cup)
    2 Greek yogurt (no sugar added)
    3 Berries (all berries are much lower in sugar than other fruits and packed with fiber/nutrients – eat berries)
    4 Green Vegetables. These are technically carbs but they are packed with fiber (a type of carb that isn’t used as energy or stored). In bodybuilding/nutrition – we refer to most vegetables as fibrous carbohydrates. While a serving of Broccoli may have 6g of carbs, 5 are from fiber. Meaning that it contains only 1g of storable carbohydrates. In addition, green vegetables are a calorie neutral/negative food (our body uses more calories to digest them than they contain – think celery). Veggies should be eaten with every meal. Every day. If you do this, you can become almost impervious to getting sick. Some vegetables are better than others for healthy diets.
    5 Many non-green vegetables. Most are fine – just check labels, some have a good bit of sugar and should be eaten in moderation only (carrots)

I ran your numbers based visual estimates since we’re yet to do a body fat test using calipers. I have gotten quite accurate. Based on that and what you’ve told me about your lifestyle, I’ve established a TDEE of right around 2100 for you. Rather than starve the lbs. off of you, I’d rather set a daily caloric intake of 1600. That deficit alone won’t result in rapid weight loss but if you plan on doing cardio 3-5 times per week outside of our sessions, you’ll still be losing 1.5-2 lbs. per week. That may not seem like a lot but remember it's a process! You’re also going to drop a lot of lbs. from water weight right away. Also, as you become more active and build more muscle – your TDEE will go up and give you some more leeway. In the next 2.5 months of dieting you’ll be good to go but no cheating minus the controlled day once per week! We’ll keep training hard in the gym but this is where the hard work really counts – it’s all in the diet.

As for your cheat day we discussed – just make sure you don’t eat a ton of calories or fat and cut off carb consumption 3 hours prior to bed. Within those parameters, eat all the Chinese food you want. A cheat day is beneficial because your body will realize it’s not starving and become more willing to let go of stored body fat. Just don’t consume too many calories or you’ll create new fat. Also remember what we touched on earlier regarding business happy hours: there’s no need to give up drinking 100% on this regiment. Just mix with diet and account for the calories in your drinks and either skip a meal (not recommended) or do an extra cardio session the next day (recommended). Remember, alcohol, even without added sugar, is 7 calories per gram!

This diet may look strict but I promise, you’ll have so much natural energy and you’ll feel so thin after the first week, you’ll get addicted to eating this way.

I’ve assumed you wake up at 6:30 AM and go to bed at 10:30 PM. Adjust the times based on any variation from that assumption, it doesn’t matter.

Supplements/additions: Female specific multivitamin, calcium/bone-health supplement, One gallon of water daily, caffeine as needed (this increases your heart rate and causes you to expend more energy and sweat more, increasing weight loss).

Note that each meal is accompanied by specific macronutrient statistics -
    (grams of protein / grams of carbs / grams of fat / calories)

Meal 1 / Breakfast - 7:00 AM: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, ½ cup oatmeal. Add splenda to your oats instead of sugar. Early morning, you need an energy source (complex carbs – oatmeal) and a Lean protein source to maintain/build lean tissue throughout the day (eggs/whites).
    20 / 28 / 7 / 261

Meal 2 / Snack - 10:00 AM: 1 oz. Almonds (about 18-22 kernels), ½ cup greek yogurt with ½ cup sliced strawberries. Add splenda to your yogurt instead of sugar. This is a second meal to be taken at work. You’re sedentary at work sitting at a desk, so there’s no real need for complex carbs or a lot of protein since there’s no muscle strain. We’ll use fats instead (almonds) which as you should know, have a lower propensity to be stored as body fat when not “burned” – The yogurt will provide some calcium and protein for bone health and the berries will yield antioxidant health without the sugar content.
    12 / 14 / 18 / 250

Meal 3 / Lunch - 1:00 PM: 4 oz. chicken breast sliced, 1 cup green veggies (whatever your favorite is, I like Asparagus), 1 cup brown rice. You workout on your lunch break with me for 60 minutes just after this meal. It’s important that we have plenty of complex carbs for sustained energy during the workout (brown rice). Also, we want a full serving of protein and veggies as this is a major meal.
    39 / 44 / 6 / 398

Meal 4 / Snack - 4:00 PM: Kashi brand granola bar, 1 scoop whey shake – very healthy, low-sugar, sweet snack to kill sugar cravings and give you something convenient for your commute home. Take the whey shake (fast protein) directly after our session for fast PWO muscle recovery and do the granola bar on the way home to maintain healthy blood glucose levels and prevent muscle catabolism.
    27 / 19 / 5 / 140

Meal 5 / Dinner – 7:00 PM: 6 oz. Salmon filet, 1 cup green veggies, 1 teaspoon olive oil Notice no carbs here due to the late time of day and lack of physical activity, just healthy fat, veggies and protein baby.
    38 / 5 / 15 / 397

Totals:
    136 grams of protein
    108 grams of carbohydrates
    52 grams of fat
    1546 calories

Grocery List for one week:
    32 oz. Boneless, skinless chicken breast – approximately 4 large breasts.
    2 dozen large eggs
    7 Salmon Filets (Wegman’s sells a club pack of 7 frozen 6 oz. Chilean Salmon filets for $19.99)
    1 jar of roasted almonds
    1 quart no-sugar added Greek yogurt
    2 packages of fresh Driscoll’s strawberries
    1 large cylinder of raw rolled oats
    1 bag brown rice
    2 boxes of Kashi Granola bars (6 in each I believe)
    At least 50 oz. of brocolli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, spinach etc. You can never have too many because when hungry, you should snack on these. Buy more depending on how much you like veggies. I eat 8 cups daily. I also pay for convenience and buy them in ready-to-microwave steam bags.
    Low calorie cooking spray for lubricating pots/pans pans. A little extra virgin olive oil now and then is fine of course.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just going to be here for the encouragement part, sounds like you have a knowledgable trainer, if you find he doesn't have the time to devote to you and would like some help with the workout part, I'll offer assistance there. For diet you have Gbrice and Damienm05.

You will definitely want a critique as you drop bodyfat so I would actually recommend posting the pics, any trainer/coach would expect the same and you are going to be on stage competing with lots of people looking at you anyway. There are things about your physique that you will miss on your own, most of us on here are professional and don't have to post immature statements for our own or others juvenile entertainment, the Mods will watch that also, so no worries. Most of us posting here giving you advice post pics every two weeks to get help with our progress, and I think you would be shortchanged if you weren't offered the same level of concern and commitment.

Best of luck with your progress, you have come to a great place to get knowledgable advice from experienced people.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    You will definitely want a critique as you drop bodyfat so I would actually recommend posting the pics, any trainer/coach would expect the same and you are going to be on stage competing with lots of people looking at you anyway. There are things about your physique that you will miss on your own, most of us on here are professional and don't have to post immature statements for our own or others juvenile entertainment, the Mods will watch that also, so no worries. Most of us posting here giving you advice post pics every two weeks to get help with our progress, and I think you would be shortchanged if you weren't offered the same level of concern and commitment.

Best of luck with your progress, you have come to a great place to get knowledgable advice from experienced people.
    Now THIS I agree with 100%. I think posting progress pics is crucial. As T said, we will see things that will be impossible for you to see on your own. I post pics for these guys to see because I KNOW i'm a poor judge of myself, as most of us are.

I was just attempting to weed out the pervs who pounce every time we get a new female member.

So, don't worry, you're in good hands!

gymratbig is offline Junior Member
    good luck with your goals

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    From the looks of u in ur Avi u look pretty lean already

Not being a perve but i think pics are needed since bikini is a soft look anyway and without good pics to see where u are now peoppe could be sending u into figure shape rather than bikini

Remember the clients goals here guys before asuming she wants to get as lean as possible

Just a quick heads up

BTW u look good in ur avi

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    From the looks of u in ur Avi u look pretty lean already

Not being a perve but i think pics are needed since bikini is a soft look anyway and without good pics to see where u are now peoppe could be sending u into figure shape rather than bikini

Remember the clients goals here guys before asuming she wants to get as lean as possible

Just a quick heads up

BTW u look good in ur avi
    Very true. We can make her look really good and toned without looking 'hard'. We'll build and shape muscle really nicely, but simply won't reduce the bodyfat so drastically.

We're all in and all on the same page.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the other side....
    The guys that have responded to your thread are some of the best on this board for diet plans.
    They should be able to help you achieve your goals.
    Good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Very true. We can make her look really good and toned without looking 'hard'. We'll build and shape muscle really nicely, but simply won't reduce the bodyfat so drastically.
    GB, u sound like a sales man

Your not a PT are you lol

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    To be honest with you, if you are wanting to do the Bikini Division it doesnt take much work at all. 20% bodyfat with nice boobs, a tight butt, pretty hair and a nice smile. I can walk into to just about any club on a weekend and find a dozen girls who could walk on stage and go top 5 in a bikini show the next day. I attended 8 shows this year and there wasnt a bikini girl on stage who looked like she had ever seen the inside of a gym. If you want to to train, diet and truly challenge yourself think about Figure Division.

Focusmen is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    To be honest with you, if you are wanting to do the Bikini Division it doesnt take much work at all. 20% bodyfat with nice boobs, a tight butt, pretty hair and a nice smile. I can walk into to just about any club on a weekend and find a dozen girls who could walk on stage and go top 5 in a bikini show the next day. I attended 8 shows this year and there wasnt a bikini girl on stage who looked like she had ever seen the inside of a gym. If you want to to train, diet and truly challenge yourself think about Figure Division.
    Not too sure what shows your going to bro...lol. The last ten or so shows ive been to the last few years you can def tell the bikini girls hit the gym and diet.
    and to win a show(atleast the ones i go to) you cant just be hot with good genetics only...

I think maybe a lil more old school shows may have been that way. dont get me wrong i clearly see the line between figure and bikini . althought i think a offseason figure girl is perfect, for 95% of women ( and alot of guys too, idiots)figure shape is considered " to muscley, gross, looks like a man".

I go to local, state, regional and national shows so it's not just a small sampling. I am not saying they dont diet or do some resistance work. I am saying bikini is 99% genetics as you cant overcome flaws by adding muscle or coming in harder as you can with bodybuilding. I bet the average top 5 bikini finishers are between 18-20% bodyfat with very minimal muscle. Do they have to diet to get this look? I guess they do to some degree. I totally disagree with your statement "You cant just be hot with good genetics to win a bikini show". That is EXACTLY what they are looking for.

Here are two gals that just got their pro card at Nationals a few weeks ago, so these are representing the best of the best. While they are attractive, how much dieting and training do you really think it took to get that look? Nothing I dont see everytime I am at the Hard Rock swimming pool in Vegas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I want to do a bikini show :)-jeb_0756wtmk_snthmahlxd%5B1%5D.jpg   I want to do a bikini show :)-jeb_0484wtmk_shtvfpzwka%5B1%5D.jpg  

csavage0 is offline Member
    Here are two gals that just got their pro card at Nationals a few weeks ago, so these are representing the best of the best. While they are attractive, how much dieting and training do you really think it took to get that look? Nothing I dont see everytime I am at the Hard Rock swimming pool in Vegas.
    Agreed ^^^ not much prep here just typical girl prolly that eats a cookie for lunch and salad for dinner with ranch lol. Figure and Bikkini are two diff ball games. I doubt you will see a bikkini girl with rounded delts or tight hamstrings.

Well, whatever those girls are or aren't doing, we have a girl here who has been weight training for a couple of years and wants to look better and compete, she says bikini, if she makes the improvements and wants to go with fitness great, shouldn't it be our job to help and encourage her, not debate the finer points of personal preference or perceived level of strength and conditioning put in by others in the same category? Just wondering if this is off base for her thread.

I dont think she cares lol

She isnt contributing much to this thread except an Avi when she looks like she is holding a block of cheese LOL

OP, im only kidding if u ever do turn up in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Well, whatever those girls are or aren't doing, we have a girl here who has been weight training for a couple of years and wants to look better and compete, she says bikini, if she makes the improvements and wants to go with fitness great, shouldn't it be our job to help and encourage her, not debate the finer points of personal preference or perceived level of strength and conditioning put in by others in the same category? Just wondering if this is off base for her thread.
    I was not trying to derail the thread, I was giving an honest assessment. If she wants to do bikini there (which she stated) there really isnt a whole lot of training and dieting advice to give. My whole point of showing what the Pro's look like was to help make that point. Now, if she wants to do Figure or Bodybuilding there that's another story.

Talking thank you thank you

Sorry it has taken me a min to get back on here... I appreciate all of you on here trying to help me. I have read everything all of you had to say,and i do think i will be posting some pics within the next week. I agree that (those of you who are not trying to creep ) other people can see things you cannot. I do have some questions? What weight do you think i need to go in at? I have a sweet tooth, i know this is bad. Is crystal light bad for me if i drink it to much or tea with sweet and low?

My diet as of now

morn
    egg whites greek yogart,oatmeal

snack
    protein bar.. Or fruit and nuts

lunch
    turkey or chicken with rice or noodles

snack
    protein shake

dinner
    turkey, broccoli , asparagus, etc

im not sure if this makes a diff but i work standing all day and move alot i do hair.

This is ruff but i hope you can get the idea.... I know i need to change alot and i am very ready for this i can do anything i set my mind too. This is very important to me and i thank you guys again for the advice.
    AS OF NOW I LIFT 3 DAYS A WEEK AND DO AT LEAST 30 MIN OF CARDIO 5 DAYS A WEEK. I HAVE BEEN TRAINING FOR A LITTLE OVER 2 YEARS ON A CONSISTENT.

OHHH AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING

CHEERS
    Last edited by 11WaY; 11-25-2010 at 09:33 AM.

bigcwithane is offline Member
    Can you post you cal p/f/c for all your meals and your total for the whole day so I can better critique your diet the only thing I would really change by the looks of it is the protein bar and the shake I would drop that and replace it with real food and I think you be okay. You could also drop the yogurt in the first meal and add a whole egg. Maybe re add the yogurt in a different meal that I told you to change.

11way - glad to see you didn't get scared off!

If it weren't Thanksgiving, i'd go into detail about your diet, but my wife will kill me. I will get to it tomorrow, but at a glance, it's not all that bad. Can it be improved? Most definitely - but you're eating better then half the guys on here who dream of being a bber, so kudos!

For what your goals are, replace the protein bar with a food meal, maybe 20g of protein and 10g of fat and bump your cardio session to 45 minutes or keep them at 30 and up your intensity. Hard to tell from just your avy pic but you are not far off at all from Bikini condition.

Glad you are back, looking forward to you making progress and accomplishing your goals.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

every gym you walk into you see 12 girls like this...well FIREGUY i would really like to know where you live so i can move there. lol..... IF 11way wasnt my girlfriend that is. haha!
    Last edited by Focusmen; 11-28-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: wrong pic code

you really think a girl can have an ass like that and a tight defined midsection like the ones pictured without "seeing the inside of a gym"....

Quote Originally Posted by Focusmen View Post
    you really think a girl can have an ass like that and a tight defined midsection like the ones pictured without "seeing the inside of a gym"....
    Yes. I would say that if I looked hard I could see three of the girls might workout/weight train.

The gal in the blue (cant see her number) looks like she has dieted and has nice abs and decent shoulders. The rest of them, I stand by my statement. Nothing I cant find poolside in Vegas. Not trying to be disrespectful but those physiques were not built from hard work in the gym and hard dieting outside of it.

She was my for sure, I thought that the first girl in red, her abs maybe, and the far right one's legs, but I was really stretching to find bodyparts that might make it look as if someone worked out with weights or dieted.

axnman is offline New Member
    would love 2 c some pics and good luck

The gal in the blue (cant see her number) looks like she has dieted and has nice abs and decent shoulders. The rest of them, I stand by my statement. Nothing I cant find poolside in Vegas. Not trying to be disrespectful but those physiques were not built from hard work in the gym and hard dieting outside of it.
    Agree w/ FG on this one, except i'd also say the 1st on our left (red) also looks better then the others, and I can tell she hits the gym. The one in blue has an exceptionally nice body for a bikini contest. The rest are relatively average IMO.

doing my BMR and TDEE now.

Last edited by 11WaY; 12-06-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information