Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    kawi, what are you..? i would have said about 15%, had no idea there was such a bigt gap between male and female...oi would have said 2/3% bf difference max. im 10% and i barely have a 6-pack!

kawi, whts the best u've ever placed btw? out of curiosity
    3rd in short class my second show - that gave me a bi into Nationals

11WaY is offline Female Member
    119 lb. what do you think my body fat % is in these pics? more pics in a matching suit next week. goal wight for next week is 117

Last edited by 11WaY; 03-03-2011 at 10:30 AM.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Cant really see much of anything but an error says you havent created any galleries yet

FLdave is offline New Member
    Just copy/paste the img=src without the " into you browser url....

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I always have a hard time estimating women's bodyfat, so i'll leave that for somebody who's better at it (Kawi?).

I'll be honest with you though, I don't see major changes since your last set of pics. I do see SOME changes and they are definitely in the right direction, but given the amount of time that's elapsed, you could have done alot more. I do realize you went through being sick, holidays, etc - we all have setbacks.

I am not telling you this to discourage you, but I don't blow smoke up people's ass. The good news is given your goals, you still have time to make more noticeable changes if you really step up your game and hit it hard. If possible, I would suggest weekly or at most bi-weekly pics from now on until the contest. It will help keep you honest.

All in all, you look great! Keep it up, hit it hard and you will be fine!!

PS - love the heels and bottom, sexy!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    definitely can see some changes. keep it up, and you will get there soon. and keep posting them hot pics! HA! how is the diet going?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i can see the difference, but it is not major.. not like it needed to be in the first place though as you look good in the first pics, and look great in these.. another few pounds and you will be show quality.. i think your upper back is what is lacking the most. if your back was built a little more it would create that hour glass illusion.. i recommend doing some lat pull downs.... maybe some rows on the machine as well..

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    i can see the difference, but it is not major.. not like it needed to be in the first place though as you look good in the first pics, and look great in these
    Just clarifying that I agree with this - if it sounded like I was saying you needed major improvements from the 1st set of pics, that wasn't it at all. You posted here wanting to make some progress, and I was simply stating I thought you could have made more - not necessarily that you NEEDED to. =)

I can see a difference as well...but barely. I can tell by the skin that your foods haven't changed to ensure your look is "bikini" ready. If you look at the girls and what I suggested...judges still need some seperation of muscles. Shoulders to arms....a slight seperation in quads. And, I dont see that happening. And, I can tell its by the foods you eat by how your skin looks.

Dieting is a science.....its not just eat little..get skinny. There is a theory to it.

I suggest looking at websites that have "bikini" competition diets as examples. And, there are some out there. I know trainers are expensive...particularly for a first showing; but you may want to invest.

i have put myslef in this possition yes ,i could have done better i know sad face, but i know it is only me holding myself back i know i can do better and have set my mind to it! i will be posting pics more often i have not been drinking or eating out for the past 2 weeks and will not till the show .. even tho when i was eating out i was picking the best choice its still the fact there is alot of butter and salt and a million other things im sure in the food so im hopeing this will help i have also bummped up my cardio and only eating carbs in my first 2 meals of the day.. im hopeing all of these things get me there asap .. i would love to be first place and i am a very conpetitive person this i think is on my side in this case thanks again for the advise everyone please keep up with me the next 4 weeks this page keeps me motivated love the feed back ...cheers

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11WaY View Post
    i have put myslef in this possition yes ,i could have done better i know sad face, but i know it is only me holding myself back i know i can do better and have set my mind to it! i will be posting pics more often i have not been drinking or eating out for the past 2 weeks and will not till the show .. even tho when i was eating out i was picking the best choice its still the fact there is alot of butter and salt and a million other things im sure in the food so im hopeing this will help i have also bummped up my cardio and only eating carbs in my first 2 meals of the day.. im hopeing all of these things get me there asap .. i would love to be first place and i am a very conpetitive person this i think is on my side in this case thanks again for the advise everyone please keep up with me the next 4 weeks this page keeps me motivated love the feed back ...cheers
    u look better in the second set of pics, and theres no denying u look good ye but like kawi and every1 else said theres no definition for a show, need to work on your resistance training not just ur cardio! good luck

ur bf i would guess maybe 16-18%?

Focusmen is offline Associate Member
    Kawi as you seem to be more knowlegeable in the womens bf % through experience ...what would you estimate her bf % is in this set ?

also if you reread the first pages of this thread you will see that she is way past the ".....its not just eat little..get skinny." shes just starting to look at it more serious. like us

Glad to hear you still have a good positive attitude about this... we're behind you 100%!!!! Don't even worry so much about placing 1st. Use this time as a learning experience for the next one; placing at all would be a great accomplishment IMO. Best of luck, following closely and waiting for your next update!

u look better in the second set of pics, and theres no denying u look good ye but like kawi and every1 else said theres no definition for a show, need to work on your resistance training not just ur cardio! good luck

ur bf i would guess maybe 16-18%?
    Her BF would be 16% - 18% if she were a dude... i'm going with 20% easily (that's not so bad). Again, i'm not the best at estimating women, but I doubt she's in the teens.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Her BF would be 16% - 18% if she were a dude... i'm going with 20% easily (that's not so bad). Again, i'm not the best at estimating women, but I doubt she's in the teens.
    yeah totally Gucks.. Kawi girl is like 12-13% in her avatar which is comparable to dude at 5-6%

women are totally different than men, especially if they are well endowed..

Focusmen is offline Associate Member
    yeah totally Gucks.. Kawi girl is like 12-13% in her avatar which is comparable to dude at 5-6%

women are totally different than men, especially if they are well endowed..

What? lol

Equiguns is offline Associate Member
    he talking bout da boobies and not twigs... i.e.- WaY11 gots a nice rack, she stacked, and shes smugglin a nice booty in the back. hence higher BF% (second set of pics looks closer to 20% or 22%) I get alot of athletes that ask me what their #s are and they all think they are single digits when they are really much higher. *also just thought i should add these are pics she took, so she obviously has decent lighting and is suckin in a bit (we all do) which is why her % is 20ish
    Last edited by Equiguns; 03-04-2011 at 03:30 AM.

If you really look at the skin...you can see a slight.."layer" if that makes sense...that is hindering seeing whats under. I would say the diet still is with fat....perhaps...dairy...and other non competition foods; regardless of cardio.

I would say bf is around 20 %...yes. And, competition weight from height that I can estimate should be at around 107 - 110 lbs. So another 10 -14 lbs lose to go...but this is a lose to adjust for look. AND that is only achieved by food choices. Those girls in the picture I can guarantee have the advice of a Pro of some sort. You can tell by the look.

Lets not forget...this is 11Way's first show...lots to learn.

11Way...you should check on standards for bikini, heels...etc. They can all play to your advantage to your body if you know how. For example...I have large traps for a girl (not good in figure), so I'll make sure my suit straps are a tad wider to hide. If your really bang on with diet....you go with the smallest straps and bikini possible to show off everything.
    And...whatever shoes your allowed height wise..which I think is 6 inches...and your allowed a sole height....do it! Go as high as you can. It'll stick your ass out more.
    Practice posing at home and walk around in your heels. Confidence and poise on stage is marked. Look and act like you are the hottest thing on stage with a slight sweet look....

Even for Figure.....its all about the sex factor...tatties out...a@@ up!

Quote Originally Posted by Equiguns View Post
    he talking bout da boobies and not twigs... i.e.- WaY11 gots a nice rack, she stacked, and shes smugglin a nice booty in the back. hence higher BF% (second set of pics looks closer to 20% or 22%) I get alot of athletes that ask me what their #s are and they all think they are single digits when they are really much higher. *also just thought i should add these are pics she took, so she obviously has decent lighting and is suckin in a bit (we all do) which is why her % is 20ish
    I know you're only trying to be complimentary, but let's try and keep it respectful/professional, thx. =)

^^^ Agreed.....

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I believe if anyone is going to compete they need honest feedback. Encouragement is great but when it comes time to step on stage you cant surround yourself with people who will only tell you what you want to hear. If I was your trainer I would suggest you bag this show and spend the next year or so making improvements. By your own admission you havent put in the work necessary to be anywhere near your best. This isnt golf, bowling or boxing where you can get lucky on game day and do great when you havent put in the required work leading up to it.
    What this sport is about is being the absolute best you can be then standing on stage next to others who have done the same. I have beat a lot of fellow competitors in my 18 years of competing and I have been beat by quite a few as well. I take great pride in knowing I have never once cheated on a diet or missed a single minute of scheduled cardio. Knowing I did everything necessary to be my personal best on stage makes where ever I place tolerable. Had I cheated even once on a meal or missed a cardio session it would eat away at me regardless of where I placed simply because in my mind I would know I didnt do my work.

Whether or not you choose to compete is entirely up to you. The fact remains you havent put in the work and wont be anywhere near your best.

ok.. so i have been thinking alot, i think it may be better for me to bag this show as well as much as it kills me i dont want to come into anything eyes closed this way. I really appreciate you guys being honest with me . now this does not mean im going to change doing my cardio and working out just not going to stress out daily over it anymore.i will still keep posting pics every now and then just to see my prog over this time.

ok.. so i have been thinking alot, i think it may be better for me to bag this show as well as much as it kills me i dont want to come into anything eyes closed this way. I really appreciate you guys being honest with me . now this does not mean im going to change doing my cardio and working out just not going to stress out daily over it anymore.i will still keep posting pics every now and then just to see my prog over this time.
    Do some more homework....and concentrate on your training...and proper eating off season as well. This will make all the difference when you need to start dieting down for a competition. It takes a lot girl......and when your completely ready (mentally)....you'll do it with such dedication that all you'll be able to think about is that show!!!

Make a name for yourself girl!!! Don't let them forget who walked on that stage!

Quote Originally Posted by Focusmen View Post
    What? lol
    maybe that isn't the right word for that?? i dunno.. i meant big boobs.. because they are just fat anyways.. so a girl with a large chest is carrying a lot of fat in her chest.

I was all ready to reply and Kawi totally stole my thunder. Exactly what I was going to say. Wait til you are able to make a 100% dedicated effort and are focused on entirely on your goal.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    GIRL POWER!!!

To 11Way....sometimes we have to change course to make a better plan to WIN

To Kawi......Great advice re: making a name for herself!

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    I was all ready to reply and Kawi totally stole my thunder. Exactly what I was going to say. Wait til you are able to make a 100% dedicated effort and are focused on entirely on your goal.

lol....you go girl! Is that better?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    I wanna do a bikini show

Now... to go shopping for a bikini

Glad to see you're taking the criticism and advice without getting discouraged or angry... your attitude alone proves you have alot of promise. Keep doing your thing, don't lose sight of the big picture, continue to follow the advice of these seasoned vets and you will nail the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    lol....you go girl! Is that better?
    Lmao! Kawigirl 1, FG 0

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Focusmen View Post
    What? lol
    he means boobs :P and i no boobs r basicly fat, but do u count them in bf%..? i wont pretend to be any good at measuring womens bf!

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    I wanna do a bikini show

Now... to go shopping for a bikini

I'd pay to see this!

he means boobs :P and i no boobs r basicly fat, but do u count them in bf%..? i wont pretend to be any good at measuring womens bf!
    yup.. you would count man boobs in with BF% right.. so why would you not count girl boobs in BF%??

Gucks is offline Member
    yup.. you would count man boobs in with BF% right.. so why would you not count girl boobs in BF%??
    fair point!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawigirl View Post
    I can see a difference as well...but barely. I can tell by the skin that your foods haven't changed to ensure your look is "bikini" ready. If you look at the girls and what I suggested...judges still need some seperation of muscles. Shoulders to arms....a slight seperation in quads. And, I dont see that happening. And, I can tell its by the foods you eat by how your skin looks.

Dieting is a science.....its not just eat little..get skinny. There is a theory to it.

I suggest looking at websites that have "bikini" competition diets as examples. And, there are some out there. I know trainers are expensive...particularly for a first showing; but you may want to invest.
    What a post!

OP - she's really hit the nail on the head here. Eat lean meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, nuts, oils, and complex carbs without much of a caloric deficit. Do cardio regularly. You will look the way you need to look before long. It would be a shame for you not to reach your goal because you really do have a gorgeous body to work with.

Sample diet to be coupled with intense lifting and daily cardio:

Pro/Carb/Fat/Cals

Meal 1: 1 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries - 25/35/4/260

Meal 2: 4 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup brown rice - 25/30/4/240

Meal 3/pre-workout: 4 oz. tilapia filet, 1 small-medium sweet potato - 25/30/2/225

PWO: 1 scoop whey isolate, 1/2 cup oats - 20/30/4/220

Meal 4: 4 oz. chicken breast, 1 tablespoon EVOO, 8 asparagus straws - 25/4/17/230

Meal 5: 4 oz. flank steak, 3 tablespoons organic guacamole - 25/5/16/260

Totals: 145/135/45/1450

Just made that up but I can assure you, something like that could have you pretty damn close in 4-weeks with the right program.
    Last edited by Damienm05; 03-05-2011 at 02:49 PM.

tom502 is offline New Member
    I think regular world, you look very good, but I think for physique competition, of any kind, I think you need to lean out some more, and get some definition.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    11way why not enter the comp just for the experience, dont expect to win and just take in the occasion for what it is : a learning experience, just dont be disheartened by the results (you could better than expected also ), train as you would do for entering a show, you know so its like a dress(bikini) rehearsal. 2p

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    It would be a shame for you not to reach your goal because you really do have a gorgeous body to work with.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Sample diet to be coupled with intense lifting and daily cardio:

Meal 1: 1 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries

Meal 2: 4 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 3/pre-workout: 4 oz. tilapia filet, 1 small-medium sweet potato

PWO: 1 scoop whey isolate, 1/2 cup oats

Meal 4: 4 oz. chicken breast, 1 tablespoon EVOO, 8 asparagus straws

Meal 5: 4 oz. flank steak, 3 tablespoons organic guacamole

Just made that up but I can assure you, something like that could have you pretty damn close in 4-weeks with the right program.
    This is a great sample diet. D - i'm too lazy, but do you happen to have the macros worked out somewhat?

Quote Originally Posted by rossapplecart View Post
    11way why not enter the comp just for the experience, dont expect to win and just take in the occasion for what it is : a learning experience, just dont be disheartened by the results (you could better than expected also ), train as you would do for entering a show, you know so its like a dress(bikini) rehearsal. 2p
    This sounds good on paper but in reality not what I would ever recommend for several reasons. The experience you speak of is the 12-16 weeks of contest prep and dieting. Competing in a show you are not in shape for will be an experience that you will likely want to forget. Also, dont expect to win? Again, if you are competing in this sport and not expecting to win you have already lost. The mental discipline and focus needed to do well in this sport is extreme. If you dont truly beleive you are going to win you will never overcome the obstacles and demands it takes to get yourself into contest condition. Over the last 20 something years I have attended well over 100 bodybuiding contest, many from the stage, many from the audience. Every show there are a few competitors that are "there for the experience". You never want to be that person that has the audience whispering "WTF is he/she doing up there?". (not suggesting this will happen to you 11way)

I have seen this many times. My last show there was a guy who was competing for the first time "for the experience" and was not anywhere near the condition he needed to be in. You could tell after prejudging he was pretty embarrassed and really just wanted to go home. Of course there were six people in the class too so he was the only one left off stage during awards presentation. I promise you his exerience was not worth what he went through.

Next, dont underestimate the financial costs of stepping on stage.
    NPC Card-$100
    Entry Fee-$50-$75
    Tanning Prep-$150-$250
    Suit-$200-$1000
    For women, hair, nails, makeup ect....
    Not to mention usually1-2 nights hotel accomadations and a host of expences.

Kick in supplements (legal kind) and extra food and you are literally talking thousands of dollars to compete. Not something I would ever recommend you do if you havent put in the work and are just wanting the experience.
    Last edited by FireGuy; 03-05-2011 at 02:33 PM.

^ ^ ^ unbelievable advice. FG, your wisdom never ceases to amaze!

Edited the diet with macros GB. Note: I just estimated them loosely but it's close.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information