Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: * * * IF (intermittent fasting) Diets - post your opinions and experience here * * *

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    If I get all my meals in from 9am-7pm then I fast from 7pm to 10am. It should work right
    with your calorie intake and gear you will be using do you think you can eat this much in a 7-8 hour feed window, 3 massive meals??

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery

with your calorie intake and gear you will be using do you think you can eat this much in a 7-8 hour feed window, 3 massive meals??
    Not on gear yet so I will let you know

Blog Entries
    Not on gear yet so I will let you know
    u have your cycle, its a matter of time. dont start this and then jump into your cycle..

u need a two week bridge after eating at maintenance to restore your hormones from the fasts or eating in a deficit so you need a solid plan and you need to adjust to whats coming up in your future . are you not gonna blast for at least 3 months?

Razor is offline Banned

u have your cycle, its a matter of time. dont start this and then jump into your cycle..

u need a two week bridge after eating at maintenance to restore your hormones from the fasts or eating in a deficit so you need a solid plan and you need to adjust to whats coming up in your future . are you not gonna blast for at least 3 months?
    Yes gonna blast for 3 months

Blog Entries
    no i mean are you waiting at least three months before you start the blast?

jacobk91 is offline Junior Member
    I want to try if but I have a question. When I'm cutting I like to drink bccaas during my workout. if I was training fasted in the am would that count as breaking my fast even though it has no calories? I drink ten grams before and 20 to thirty grams during training.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Its not too bad if you do this, but if u wanna do it perfectly I'd limit myself to ~10g bcaas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobk91 View Post
    I want to try if but I have a question. When I'm cutting I like to drink bccaas during my workout. if I was training fasted in the am would that count as breaking my fast even though it has no calories? I drink ten grams before and 20 to thirty grams during training.
    yes its counted as breaking your fast.

It takes calories to burn fat, if you have no calories to burn, u will burn fat stores as calories to burn fat...

now if you have a source of calories inside you your body will use that, i think the idea of using bcaa is just to stop people from modifying the fast to their bro science logic. People argue if you use bcaa just use protein powder. where does it end?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobk91 View Post
    Technically, it's breaking your fast, however it's the lesser of 2 evils IMO. Training in a completely fasted state, especially high volume and/or intensity, is just a bad idea. BCAA's will at least provide what's needed to kickstart protein synthesis and/or at least blunt muscle breakdown to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    People argue if you use bcaa just use protein powder. where does it end?
    This is just silly. BCAA's and protein powder aren't comparable. Protein powder has WAY more calories and would do much more 'harm' with regards to breaking a fast.

@Jacobk91 - BCAA's do contain calories. Not many, but they're in there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Technically, it's breaking your fast, however it's the lesser of 2 evils IMO. Training in a completely fasted state, especially high volume and/or intensity, is just a bad idea. BCAA's will at least provide what's needed to kickstart protein synthesis and/or at least blunt muscle breakdown to a degree.

This is just silly. BCAA's and protein powder aren't comparable. Protein powder has WAY more calories and would do much more 'harm' with regards to breaking a fast.

i am curious about the science behind this, if technically the synthesis happens in the rest/sleep phase of our lives. Does it even play a role on fasted training?

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Im on leangains IF I wouldn't call it a diet it's more of a eating style as you can eat at a deficit for fat loss or at a surplus for muscle gains, I shredded loads of fat on this diet. Im now using this style of eating to bulk. Im on my first ever cycle of sustonon and winny, 3 weeks in and I've gained 12lb!

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    i am curious about the science behind this, if technically the synthesis happens in the rest/sleep phase of our lives. Does it even play a role on fasted training?
    The precursors to synthesis will be in place at least. Anabolism is at it's peak while we sleep, but that doesn't mean it's completely dormant while we're awake. The idea in this case isn't necessarily to promote synthesis, but rather to halt breakdown. I'm pretty sure Martin has some info on this over at Leangains. I'll try and dig it up when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Im on leangains IF I wouldn't call it a diet it's more of a eating style as you can eat at a deficit for fat loss or at a surplus for muscle gains, I shredded loads of fat on this diet. Im now using this style of eating to bulk. Im on my first ever cycle of sustonon and winny, 3 weeks in and I've gained 12lb!
    Nice, congrats!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    whats your biggest calorie day? im not sure if i could eat 3 meals only in a massive calorie surplus

whats your biggest calorie day? im not sure if i could eat 3 meals only in a massive calorie surplus
    On training days I eat 3000 cals that's a 600 cal surplus, on none training days I get though 2700. It's not so bad once you get used to it, I have 3 meals per day in a 6-7 hour window. My biggest meal comes post work out, I eat alot of starchy food post workout to give my depleted muscles a super charged insulin spike lol I will get though 1500 cals in my post workout meal. You do feel stuffed when you get though all of your calories, I like to have a nap after my last meal, when I wake I can feel myself growing, its mental! It's a good thing to do have a nap because digestion makes you tired, sleep = "growth, with that amount of food in your belly = mega growth lol and I have to say when the food comes out of the other end you drop some huge turds lol im talking about the size of a babies arm big lol yeah you drop some heavy poops!

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    It's not as hard as you think to get cals, my pwo shake is around 1600 cals by itself, I use muscle techs mass tech which is technically a weight gainer but u add two extra scoops of whey I get in big bags from Costco. That's half my cal right there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    It's not as hard as you think to get cals, my pwo shake is around 1600 cals by itself, I use muscle techs mass tech which is technically a weight gainer but u add two extra scoops of whey I get in big bags from Costco. That's half my cal right there.
    to me that is dirty dieting cause of teh sugars and chemicals in the weight gainer.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member

to me that is dirty dieting cause of teh sugars and chemicals in the weight gainer.
    Agreed. To me those gainers are the most unnecessary sups around

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89

Agreed. To me those gainers are the most unnecessary sups around
    I agree, you may as well just eat a bag of sugar lol

I actually got though all of my calories today and was still hungry, greedy bugger I am lol

Blog Entries
    another issue for me is when i eat my biggest meal 10 minutes after im ready for bed, coma style. i havent learned how to deal with this yet and can be an issue while im at work.

another issue for me is when i eat my biggest meal 10 minutes after im ready for bed, coma style. i havent learned how to deal with this yet and can be an issue while im at work.
    Why don't you move your eating window, so you have a small meal at dinnertime at work then the rest of your calories at home? I know what you mean tho after I have my biggest meal im out like a light lol

Razor is offline Banned
    Mock doing a 34h fast started last night @2am till tomorrow at 10am

Blog Entries
    Mock doing a 34h fast started last night @2am till tomorrow at 10am
    nice, lets us know how you go.

Bump!

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    Bump!
    Hey gb i was reading your oat pancakes recipe how much in grams is "4 packs of Splenda "
    Sorry to hijack
    Milky

Ben_66 is offline Junior Member
    The proposed benefits of IF in animals and humans read like a laundry list of “look
    better,” “feel better,” “live longer” physiological changes. These include:
    REDUCED
    • blood lipids (including decreased triglycerides and LDL cholesterol)
    • blood pressure (perhaps through changes in sympathetic/parasympathetic activity)
    • markers of inflammation (including CRP, IL-6, TNF, BDNF, and more)
    • oxidative stress (using markers of protein, lipid, and DNA damage)
    • risk of cancer

INCREASED
    • cellular turnover and repair (called autophagocytosis)
    • fat burning (increase in fatty acid oxidation later in the fast)
    growth hormone release later in the fast (hormonally mediated)
    • metabolic rate later in the fast (stimulated by epinephrine and norepinephrine
    release)
    IMPROVED
    • appetite control (perhaps through changes in PPY and ghrelin)
    • blood sugar control (by lowering blood glucose and increasing insulin sensitivity)
    • cardiovascular function (by offering protection against ischemic injury to the heart)
    • effectiveness of chemotherapy (by allowing for higher doses more frequently)
    • neurogenesis and neuronal plasticity (by offering protection against neurotoxins)

BUMP!!! For Deucefan

wh1spa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    BUMP!!! For Deucefan
    Bump because im going to do this. Looking at at 19/5 with two meals, 1 pre / 1 pwo.

Alot more research to be done -_-

Bump for T-dogg

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Im doing this diet now. Sunday I did a 12hr fast. Wends ill do another 12hr fast and the following sunday Im shooting for 24hrs.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread Information