Page 41 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,640 of 4241
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^thx.. hilarious bik.. im payn 70$ per month as well for the ymca except i can count on one hand the times shes been in 5 yrs! when i bring it up i get jumped on ..

women.. sheesh!!!

well i took a pic today i think i look leaner.. wanna put it side by side with a pic i took when i started this carb cycle .. the first is dated march2.. the second march 17.. so 2 weeks.. what yall think??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ---&gt;&gt;405&lt;&lt;--- accountability/progress log-march2-1.jpg   ---&gt;&gt;405&lt;&lt;--- accountability/progress log-march17-3.jpg  

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Hahaha It happens....Hopefully she'll come with you one of these days...

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why are you adding all the calories

its a new diet ive read about by lyle mcdonald called ultimate diet 2.0

its a carb cycle where u run 50%maintenance for 3.75days doing all depletion workouts then do a 30hr massive refeed where the previous diet and workout routine should allow the body to partition the cals from the refeed much more efficiently and u should lose stubborn fat as well as poss gain some muscle.. then u run maintenance for the last 2 days reducing carbs back into the next cycle of 50g carbs per day..

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This should help you see the difference a little better. It's hard to compare the two pics because the lighting is so different. It looks like you gained some mass in your chest...in a good way. And it seems the love handle's have went down too. Nice work!

405 by slfmade, on Flickr

LOL^^ thx bro! How the heck did u do that??

Also thats exactly wat i was thinkn.. Both points.. Thx

I must say im a little nervous about switching my diet so close to the cruise.. But it could help me get more lean than my current diet is doing.. I guess part of me is worried about the 1250g carb refeed followed by 2 days at maintenance.. If i didnt have the cruise so close it wouldnt matter.. Hate to waste time tween now and then if my body reacts difftly than it should..

well i did bf% today and it was pretty much the same as last week.. however (and i dont have the measurements in front of me rite now) my chest was 5mm and my abs were 7.5mm i believe.. which is huge cuz this is the first time abs have been in single digits and they had a pretty good drop.. a few measurements went up but i believe that to be user error as opposed to actual fat gain.. 8.09% was the reading.. and my weight is 186lbs as opposed to 184 last week.. all in all a good week IMO

did am fasted cardio this morning.. followed lyle's sfp1.0 with:
    5min warm-up
    10min HIIT
    25min moderate (135BPM HR)

feeln good

considering holding off on ud 2.0 and maybe continuing on my current carb cycle utilizing sfp1.0 fasted 2 days per week as well as one or 2 HIIT sessions midday and regular fasted cardio and possibly just switching up my workout routine to the ud 2.0 depletion workouts for my 3days no carbs in the beginning of the week.. too bad GBrice or SteM rnt around to give their opinions.

anyone else got one? the way im lookn at it im still makn progress with my carb cycle.. maybe not as fast as id like but like i said previously 6 weeks out from cruise is prob not the time to start experimenting

well its monday again.. chest and abs today gonna be a long one too (at work that is )

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    well i did bf% today and it was pretty much the same as last week.. however (and i dont have the measurements in front of me rite now) my chest was 5mm and my abs were 7.5mm i believe.. which is huge cuz this is the first time abs have been in single digits and they had a pretty good drop.. a few measurements went up but i believe that to be user error as opposed to actual fat gain.. 8.09% was the reading.. and my weight is 186lbs as opposed to 184 last week.. all in all a good week IMO

did am fasted cardio this morning.. followed lyle's sfp1.0 with:
    5min warm-up
    10min HIIT
    25min moderate (135BPM HR)

feeln good

considering holding off on ud 2.0 and maybe continuing on my current carb cycle utilizing sfp1.0 fasted 2 days per week as well as one or 2 HIIT sessions midday and regular fasted cardio and possibly just switching up my workout routine to the ud 2.0 depletion workouts for my 3days no carbs in the beginning of the week.. too bad GBrice or SteM rnt around to give their opinions.

anyone else got one? the way im lookn at it im still makn progress with my carb cycle.. maybe not as fast as id like but like i said previously 6 weeks out from cruise is prob not the time to start experimenting
    My opinion is that UD2.0 was written by probably the best mind in the nutrition field.... If he thinks its best then I would just accept that he is rite for the most part....

Anything that lyle says I take as fact... The guy is a crazy geek LOL..... Like Swifto
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

thx bro.. i figd as much just wanted to hear others thoughts specifically to the ud2.0 plan

what would u do if u were me? prob havent read it but i have a cruise coming up in 6weeks.. ive been cutting since oct 1, 2011 basically and i read he suggests running maintenance for 7-14 days to "reset" (if i can use that word) ur metabolism and body back to square one esp if uve been cutting for awhile .. i suppose to bring ur body's receptivity to cutting back to par..

im unsure of the extent of my metabolic slowdown and still seem to be dropping bf but it has slowed a good bit.. i am pretty lean now but would like to get ultra lean for this cruise and thought if i ran maintenance for a week id have 5 weeks to run ud2.0 combined with sfp2.0, sfp1.0 to try and get there.. i just dont want to risk adding any fat
    ???

i prob have my answer in ur previous post but would like to hear u say it

thx bro.. i figd as much just wanted to hear others thoughts specifically to the ud2.0 plan

what would u do if u were me? prob havent read it but i have a cruise coming up in 6weeks.. ive been cutting since oct 1, 2011 basically and i read he suggests running maintenance for 7-14 days to "reset" (if i can use that word) ur metabolism and body back to square one esp if uve been cutting for awhile .. i suppose to bring ur body's receptivity to cutting back to par..

im unsure of the extent of my metabolic slowdown and still seem to be dropping bf but it has slowed a good bit.. i am pretty lean now but would like to get ultra lean for this cruise and thought if i ran maintenance for a week id have 5 weeks to run ud2.0 combined with sfp2.0, sfp1.0 to try and get there.. i just dont want to risk adding any fat
    ???

i prob have my answer in ur previous post but would like to hear u say it
    Id go for it... Or an IF diet

Bring cals up to mtnce for a week... Start the training routine as laid out in UD2.0 (2 depletion, 1 HIT, 1 Power) and then start the diet next monday....

See how you respond.... One thing I would stress (you have already heard this from lyle) is to stick to his plan exactly....

I think I may move over to this from the IF that im currently running... The only thing I dont like is the fact that you do 4 x full body workouts per week..... Mainly because i love training HIT 4 days a week... However like you, I think the idea of a mega carb load every saturday (routine moved forward 1 day) sounds amazing

I havnt read the suborn fat book yet... Any good?

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

yeh very informative! i enjoyed the whole book when it comes to bodyfat and how to get rid of it i am fascinated and love reading about it.. he basically explains what fat is, the difft types of fat, how hormones relate to fat storage as well as mobilization.. then he gives u the 2 cardio programs to get rid of it.. i learned a ton and will prob read it again just cuz my reading comprehension sucks

as far as the total body workouts.. i did one of them saturday (day 3 of 50g carbs from broccoli only) and it was tuff man! i think itll take a few cycles to get the routine down.. at the bottom he says "repeat twice" but at the top he says do 5-6 sets per bodypart.. i couldnt tell by "repeat twice" if he meant twice after doing it one time or twice total.. based on amt total sets per bodypart i decided he meant twice total cuz u do 3 x 15-20 on ur sets.. i may just give it a go! i hate being wishy washy.. just dont wanna gain any fat or lose any LBM

i will be following it to a tee!

yeh very informative! i enjoyed the whole book when it comes to bodyfat and how to get rid of it i am fascinated and love reading about it.. he basically explains what fat is, the difft types of fat, how hormones relate to fat storage as well as mobilization.. then he gives u the 2 cardio programs to get rid of it.. i learned a ton and will prob read it again just cuz my reading comprehension sucks

as far as the total body workouts.. i did one of them saturday (day 3 of 50g carbs from broccoli only) and it was tuff man! i think itll take a few cycles to get the routine down.. at the bottom he says "repeat twice" but at the top he says do 5-6 sets per bodypart.. i couldnt tell by "repeat twice" if he meant twice after doing it one time or twice total.. based on amt total sets per bodypart i decided he meant twice total cuz u do 3 x 15-20 on ur sets.. i may just give it a go! i hate being wishy washy.. just dont wanna gain any fat or lose any LBM

i will be following it to a tee!
    Yes I remember that in UD2.... He says repeat twice after the list of exercises (interpreted by us to mean do the whole thing 3 times) but I think he means do the whole thing twice...

yeh i was glad to see the top saying 5-6 sets cuz i didnt have another round in me

well fellows i did depletion workout day 1 today just to get a feel for the workout.. it was tuff dude! took me 50minutes with not a lot of rest in between sets or should i say supersets i was def feeling depleted when i left and will have to do another one tomorrow which actually has 1 more exercise in the deal.. typically this will be dun on 50g carbs.. today i had 175..

well fellows i did depletion workout day 1 today just to get a feel for the workout.. it was tuff dude! took me 50minutes with not a lot of rest in between sets or should i say supersets i was def feeling depleted when i left and will have to do another one tomorrow which actually has 1 more exercise in the deal.. typically this will be dun on 50g carbs.. today i had 175..
    HAHA

Its going to get real fun....

I bet your cant wait for the HIT workout on Thursday LMFAO...

Are you going to carbload on friday then?

Depletion - Mon/Tue
    HIT - Thu followed by re-feed which ends friday night
    Power workout - Sat

If I was to do it i would be pushing it all forward 1 day so that I get to do nothing but eat carbs all day saturday

I cant wait to see your progress

I can't wait to see how this works out for you. I bet it will be good...if for no other reason than doing something drastically different from what you've been accustomed to the last several months. I think too often we make small changes to our routines and consider them change, but by drastically changing, either or both, cardio and diet, we could expect to see more significant gains.

Hey Base....does Lyle have anything on Lean Bulks? I'm thinking after I finish my cut (instead of maintaining for the summer), I'm gonna take a 2 week break and jump right back into lean bulk. As all this fat falls off of me...I'm starting to see how little areas (such as my chest) actually are without the fat, and I want to gain as much mass as possible naturally before I start my first cycle in Novemeber.

Sorry to hijack your thread 405, but Base never comes to mine. I feel so neglected!!! LOL

LOL ^^ no prob slf ur always welcome to hijack any time u like man

yeh base i am thinking the same as u starting day 1 on tues which will move carb load to fri nite/saturday.. sundays im always off work so itll be a great day to take my time with the power workout as well

the tuff part for this diet for me is finding the time to get the workouts in.. i do all my lifting at lunch and i only get 1 hr.. i proved today i can do the depletion workout is 50mins but i dont get the amt rest between sets he suggests which is my only concern.. i think if i did it the way he suggests taking the exact amt of rest suggested itd take 1 1/2 hrs to do which is a physical impossibility for me..

i work container vessels and so my schedule is not set and im often working from 7am to 7,8, 9 or even midnite (like today) and i only get 1hr for meals which is non-negotiable when ur talking 350meter ships with schedules to keep.. theyre not gonna wait for 405 to get in his last 2 sets LOL...

^^ id also like to note i did some calculating and currently on the carb cycle im running im eating @ 15,300cals per week..

with ud2.0 ill be eating 16,800cals per week so ur not talkn that much diff.. i was curious to the 6000cal refeed effect on weekly cals

i may run macro differences as well.. im a dork

hey base if u dont mind man im gonna post my carb load diet on here if u could take a look and tell me what u think.. lyle said i could have 100g sucrose and 50g fructose so i have it in there.. he also suggested bagels and pasta.. the pasta i have listed is whole wheat for what its worth.. will be posting here in a min

Will take a look.... What are your 3 lots or target macros (deplete days, normal days, carb load day)

I think I would go for a fair bit of the following on the carb up day (personal preference) ; white potatoes, home made pizza and pasta, white basmati rice, toast with jam, chocolate milk

carb load: 6017cals
    220g pro
    1244g carbs
    46g fat

meal 1 (PWO) : 946/54p/171c/6f
    1banana, 2 serv skim milk, 1serv frosted mini wheats, 2 serv honey bunches oats

meal2: 772/32p/153c/9f
    1 banana, 2serv milk, 4serv sugar free jam, 1 1/2 cups oats

meal3; 888/33P/186C/5F
    3 plain bagels, 4serv sugar free jam

meal4: 888/33p/186c/5f
    3 plain bagels, 4serv sug free jam

meal5: 620/21p/128c/7f
    2 plain bagels, 1cup oats, 4serv sug free jam

meal6: 643/22p/134c/2f
    2oz barilla whole wheat angel hair pasta

meal7: 630/13p/134c/6f
    1cup oats, 4serv sug free jam, 12oz sweet potato

meal8: 630/13p/134c/6f
    1cup oats, 4serv sug free jam,

figure ill eat meals 1 & 2 on friday pm after HIT workout and meals 3-8 saturday

like i said he said i could have sucrose and fructose so i figd id fit in my favorite bowl of cereal.. funny guys if u look at the cals and macros for meal 1 .. i used to eat that 5 or more nites per week rite before bed! no wonder i was 22%bf huh? LOL

deplete days (broccoli only cuz im hardcore like that.. he said i could have starch but im goin with the broc!)

deplete @50g carbs and 1400cals

carb up @1250g carb

days 6 & 7 gets a little tuffer to figure this is how ive got day 6:

2800cals with 20% reduction in cals coming strictly from carbs.. which is 560 cals = 140g carbs

he suggests 60%carb/ 25%pro/ 15%fat plus reduction puts me to: 2240cals
    280g carbs
    175g pro
    47g fat

day 7 same reduction of 20% on total cals.. carbs at 1.5 per lb lbm (166lbm) and pro at 1g per lb lbm, rest of cals from fat : 2800 maintenance
    2240cals
    250g carbs (split in meals 1, 2, 3) <--- rest of 3 meals broc only
    166g protein (split 6 ways)
    64g fat (whatevers left after protein will prob come from nat PB)

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    wow 405, you are really getting serious! definitely motivating!

220g pro
    1244g carbs
    46g fat

meal3; 888/33P/186C/5F

figure ill eat meals 1 & 2 on friday pm after HIT workout and meals 3-8 saturday

like i said he said i could have sucrose and fructose so i figd id fit in my favorite bowl of cereal.. funny guys if u look at the cals and macros for meal 1 .. i used to eat that 5 or more nites per week rite before bed! no wonder i was 22%bf huh? LOL
    LMFAO!!!! You really like that sugar free jam huh? I love it too, but DAMN....you're gonna go through like 2 bottles a day. lol

It sounds freakin awesome though. I would love to do all those carbs...tasty!!!!

LOL.. yeh i gotta have strawberry jam for flavor.. 5g carbs per serving so only 125g carbs out of 1250 i hope its ok

LOL.. yeh i gotta have strawberry jam for flavor.. 5g carbs per serving so only 125g carbs out of 1250 i hope its ok
    Are you doing smuckers? If so the blueberry is really good! It even has tiny bits of blueberries in it. Still sugar free though somehow!

yeh smuckers.. sounds good .. will try it out

well got to bed at 0130 and woke back up to go back to work at 0530.. ugh.. what kind of workout to do today is the question i tell u one thing.. i could get used to eating at maintenance cals i know thats for sure..

1egg 5 whites 1 cup oats is a great way to start the day!

boy who woulda thought id be excited about something like that LOL>>>

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Still reading, just checking in.

Glutton for punishment you are!

Did I miss any questions?

I am a glutton for punishment yes

1 main question u missd.. Wat do u think?

Broad i know.. I sent u a pm a couple days ago ...

Well its bedtime lot to do tomorrow.. 0430cardio .. 0700work.. 1200depletion workout #2

See yall tomorrow

Glad to see you're following Lyle McDonald, dude is a genius. I've been subscribed to him for a year or 2 now and have learned so much from his articles. I haven't read his ud2.0 book but I've read a lot about it and will definitely be following your progress on that diet.

What are your current goals either by weight or BF?

hey sarge thx for stoppn by i suppose my goal currently is visible 6pack 24/7 without flexing.. what bf% thats gonna take for me i dont know if i had to guess itd be @8%.. once i get there ill prob maintain a couple months then re-evaluate.. would like to add some more muscle.. maybe 20lbs worth.. and then stay @ 10%bf and cut down to 8% for the summer thatd give me about 185lbs LBM.. and i suppose put my total weight @ 204lbs.. will prob consider a 10-12 week cycle in the fall to try to do so although TBH in my lifetime ive never bulked.. ive always been fat and cut down to prob 15% and then got fat again and cut to 15%.. back then i didnt know a dang thing about how to check bf% or what tdee was or even the concept of bulking.. my life has been cut-get fat-cut-get fat-cut.. now that i know what i know and try to natty bulk i may be able to gain 20lbs muscle without the cycle.. esp since ive eliminated my handicap of low test with TRT which i suppose makes me not really natty but whatever..

of course once i get there it mite not be enuff.. u know how it goes when i started this cut my goal was 12%.. LOL

^^ also id like to note i like his idea of starting a bulk at 10% and running it in 8week increments with 2 weeks of maintenance in between 8 week cycles until i get to 15% then cutting back down to 10% and repeating.. the methodology of it makes sense and sets well with my requirement for organization in all matters

alright here it goes..

7day carb cycle diet ud2.0:

days 1-4 (start carb load on day 4 in pm eating 75% of calories of previous day before day 4 workout) :
    1426cals
    270g pro
    64g carb
    21g fat

basically: 5egg whites, 10 oz 96%ff burger, 24oz boneless chik, 1200g broc

days 1 & 2 workouts are total body depletion: 5-6 sets per bodypart 15reps.. compound movements..

day 4 workout: (pre w/o: 30g carbs, 15g whey 30 mins before ) 2-4 sets per bodypart at 70-85% 1 rep max for 6 -12 reps stopping 1 rep short of failure.. 1-2 mins rest between sets.. compound movements.. 2 exercises per bodypart..

day 4 PWO begin massive refeed:

220g pro
    1244g carbs
    46g fat

meal3; 888/33P/186C/5F

day 6 diet :

run 20% below maintenance taking that 20% out of carbs only..

25%pro, 60%carb, 15%fat after 20% puts me at 2240cals (maintenance is 2800 which is 140g carbs)

actual diet: 2163cals, 193g pro, 288g carbs, 38g fat
    all food choices r good.. lean meat complex carbs only.. 5 meals

day 6 workout: POWER WORKOUT:3-6 WORking sets, 3-6 reps.. as heavy as i can go.. total body all compound movements.. 2 exercises per bodypart..

DAY 7: REST DAY :

20% below maintenance again at ratio of:

1.5g carbs per lb LBM, 1g pro per lb LBM, rest of cals from fat.. eliminating starchy carbs after meal 3 to prep for start of cycle again ..

CARDIO:

will do fasted cardio tues and thurs consisting of:
    5min warmup, 10mins HIIT, 5min rest (allow ffa release into blood), 20-40mins moderate at 3-4 rate of perceived exertion (out of 10)

will also fit in 2 other cardio sessions each week at moderate to low intensity pace prob am fasted as well...

basically:
    day 1-3: 1427cals (each day)
    day 4-5: 7000cals (combined)
    day 6 & 7: 2240cals (each day)

15,761 total weekly cals (current carb cycle total weekly cals equal 15,300)

the idea is with the depletion workouts and diet in the beginning of the week the body will be able to partition the nutrients more effectively during the refeed.. then maintenance (or slightly under) will help recover before starting again..

thoughts? thx..

U considered slin on the carb up?

^^ in case u missed it i posted the whole deal above base..

no i havent.. dont know how to use or what it would do to help?? i read in another guys thread awhile back he was gonna use it but i havent researched it to see what it does..

on a side note how do u get ur avi bigger??

^^ in case u missed it i posted the whole deal above base..

no i havent.. dont know how to use or what it would do to help?? i read in another guys thread awhile back he was gonna use it but i havent researched it to see what it does..

on a side note how do u get ur avi bigger??
    If you dont know about insulin then dont bother until you have read a lot about it...

It would further help the partitioning process during the carb up.

I would do the following cardio.... Day 1 AM+PWO, Day 2 AM+PWO, Day 3 AM, Day 4 AM... That is the depletion phase and I would do all that I can to kill it...

Big avi's are for Staff... Sorry bud

Thread Information