Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 201 to 240 of 302
  1. #201
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457

    A few more from the lean days...

    *sigh* !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *** GB's Lean Mass Gain Progress Log ***-img_2494.jpg   *** GB's Lean Mass Gain Progress Log ***-img_2484.jpg   *** GB's Lean Mass Gain Progress Log ***-img_2480.jpg   *** GB's Lean Mass Gain Progress Log ***-img_2481.jpg   *** GB's Lean Mass Gain Progress Log ***-img_2479.jpg  

    *** GB's Lean Mass Gain Progress Log ***-mirror4.jpg  

  2. #202
    BrownGirl's Avatar
    BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    671
    The pics look great GB! It's awesome that you can use pics of yourself as motivation...How many of us can do that! lol

  3. #203
    slfmade's Avatar
    slfmade is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N. Hollywood on Radford
    Posts
    3,703
    What was your BF% in those pics? Are we gonna get bi-weekly pic updates from you? You better...I remember this "one guy" that expressed to me the importance of progress pics in my log. Hummm...wonder who that was? LOL

  4. #204
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    The pics look great GB! It's awesome that you can use pics of yourself as motivation...How many of us can do that! lol
    Thanks BG! Hopefully you're finding inspiration from yours!

    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    What was your BF% in those pics? Are we gonna get bi-weekly pic updates from you? You better...I remember this "one guy" that expressed to me the importance of progress pics in my log. Hummm...wonder who that was? LOL
    Believe it or not, it was around 9%. My body is deceiving because I hold ALL my fat in my lower abdominals and love handles. Plus, I still have some loose skin over my lower abs thanks to 15 years of being a fat fvck... so what looks like fat is mostly just skin that hasn't 'bounced back' yet (God willing that it will one day!).

    Re: pic updates... lol, now who could have given you that horrible advice?

    Honestly, i'm too embarrassed to post current pics... pulling up these pics from a few months ago really allowed me to see what a fat fvck i'm turning (back) into... but i'm going to see this bulk through because i'm done abandoning my programs.... like I said earlier, I KNOW I can cut, i've done it before and i'll do it again, leaner than last time and hopefully with a couple lbs. more of LBM, naturally.

  5. #205
    slfmade's Avatar
    slfmade is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N. Hollywood on Radford
    Posts
    3,703
    I'm rooting for you!!!

  6. #206
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Thanks buddy, I'm rooting for you as well!!

    202lbs this morning, but that was with clothes on and after eating. However in the exact same state I was 200lbs a week ago... so definitely making gains one way or another.

  7. #207
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    way to stick to ur program GB.. i can relate to wanting to second guess myself but like u said.. u know u can cut.. keep it goin man!

  8. #208
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Thanks for your support brother!!

  9. #209
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 02-09-2012 at 11:56 AM.

  10. #210
    mperk's Avatar
    mperk is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    702
    dude - awesome that you are making gains. Nice to see the old pics too - you have rockin abs and lats....Im jealous. Im in the same boat (Bulking) feeling like a fatty - cant wait to start a cut - I've never been as lean as you were (altho close...) Props man!

  11. #211
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by mperk View Post
    dude - awesome that you are making gains. Nice to see the old pics too - you have rockin abs and lats....Im jealous. Im in the same boat (Bulking) feeling like a fatty - cant wait to start a cut - I've never been as lean as you were (altho close...) Props man!
    Thanks bro!!! The abs were ok... lats were good from the back but for some reason never translate from the front... I cringe every time I see my front double bi. I can't wait to start my cut as well... hoping to be around 210lbs before starting. Dropping back down to a very lean (<10%) 190lbs would be an extreme success for me. That would mean I put on roughly 13lbs of LBM in just under a year - that's huge. Hopefully I can do it!!!

    On another note... I kind of have to call this recent bulk effort a failure. My diet has been poor and I have done ZERO cardio. With all of the stuff going on in my life right now, something had to give, and during a 'add mass' type routine, the cardio was going to be first, no doubt. As such, I have put on more fat than I wanted to obviously. I haven't posted pics and probably won't, it's just too painful lol!! But not to worry - once I cut, I will resume pic updates - I just feel VERY uncomfortable being this heavy!

    Just a bit over 4 weeks and the cut begins...

  12. #212
    slfmade's Avatar
    slfmade is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N. Hollywood on Radford
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Thanks bro!!! The abs were ok... lats were good from the back but for some reason never translate from the front... I cringe every time I see my front double bi. I can't wait to start my cut as well... hoping to be around 210lbs before starting. Dropping back down to a very lean (<10%) 190lbs would be an extreme success for me. That would mean I put on roughly 13lbs of LBM in just under a year - that's huge. Hopefully I can do it!!!

    On another note... I kind of have to call this recent bulk effort a failure. My diet has been poor and I have done ZERO cardio. With all of the stuff going on in my life right now, something had to give, and during a 'add mass' type routine, the cardio was going to be first, no doubt. As such, I have put on more fat than I wanted to obviously. I haven't posted pics and probably won't, it's just too painful lol!! But not to worry - once I cut, I will resume pic updates - I just feel VERY uncomfortable being this heavy!

    Just a bit over 4 weeks and the cut begins...
    So what's your plan for the cut: Carb Cycle, IF?

    I wouldn't be embarrassed to post pics. I'm sure no matter how you look now, it's far better than what most of us aspire to look like after cut.

  13. #213
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    So what's your plan for the cut: Carb Cycle, IF?
    I'm probably going to follow the exact same plan that got me close to 9% last summer. I'll likely bump the calories a bit as I believe I'm starting with more LBM this time around, but other than that, everything else will remain unaltered.

    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I wouldn't be embarrassed to post pics. I'm sure no matter how you look now, it's far better than what most of us aspire to look like after cut.
    Thanks bro!! Idk man, I wanna vomit when I look in the mirror lately. I can't even see veins in my biceps when I flex them now. Then I look at my avy and wanna cry!!

  14. #214
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Weighed in at 198.5lbs over the weekend. Also had a relatively good weekend in terms of sticking to my diet. Exactly 4 weeks left on this plan before I start cutting for the summer. I promise you I will post pics of this, however it may not be until AFTER the cut, so I don't have to feel so embarrassed lmao!!!

    I have 1 month to put on ~ 10lbs. Not going to happen without adding more fat, but we shall see.

  15. #215
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Mate, train hard, eat well and enjoy the family. Don't sweat the 10lbs this time around it sounds like it's been a rough few months.

    Lean and mean for summer and then a proper lean bulk in Autumn.

    They'll both be easier next time around!

  16. #216
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Mate, train hard, eat well and enjoy the family. Don't sweat the 10lbs this time around it sounds like it's been a rough few months.

    Lean and mean for summer and then a proper lean bulk in Autumn.

    They'll both be easier next time around!
    First, good to see you around. I was afraid we lost you!

    Second, thanks for your support. You're right; it definitely has been a rough few months... probably the hardest of my life. I'm surprised I've been able to maintain any level of training tbh. At the end of the summer cut, I'll either look like I did before (last summer), or a little better - so as long as I am good on the cut, it's a win-win I suppose.

    Trying to stay positive!

  17. #217
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Nah, not lost mate, just needed to sort some of my own stuff out.

    I remember, just over a year ago, when my little one hit about 6 months I barely trained and certainly didn't diet for about 4 months. Looking back I could have fit it in but it seemed easier then to make excuses. Between that and injuries whenever I have been training I seem to have been cutting. That's nearly a year now that I've been cutting. If I had my act together during those off months I'd be in a much better place physically right now. So, even though you may have only been functioning at 80%, that's still 80% better than some.

    And hey, even the best of us need a bit of support sometimes!
    Last edited by Back In Black; 02-21-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: spelign

  18. #218
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    LOOKN FORWARD TO following ur cutting log ..

  19. #219
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Nah, not lost mate, just needed to sort some of my own stuff out.

    I remember, just over a year ago, when my little one hit about 6 months I barely trained and certainly didn't diet for about 4 months. Looking back I could have fit it in but it seemed easier then to make excuses. Between that and injuries whenever I have been training I seem to have been cutting. That's nearly a year now that I've been cutting. If I had my act together during those off months I'd be in a much better place physically right now. So, even though you may have only been functioning at 80%, that's still 80% better than some.

    And hey, even the best of us need a bit of support sometimes!
    Well, I hope things are on the up for you now!

    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    LOOKN FORWARD TO following ur cutting log ..
    No doubt! After all, (like you) it's what I do best!!!

  20. #220
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Wow, I completely brutalized my body today. 10 sets of heavy deadlifts (6 rep max) followed by 10 sets of squats (6 rep max again)... #obliterated

  21. #221
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    dang..sounds tuff deads ive been getting a little heavier on.. still scared im gonna god heavy and something is gonna pop and im gonna be screwed so i take it fairly easily...

  22. #222
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    dang..sounds tuff deads ive been getting a little heavier on.. still scared im gonna god heavy and something is gonna pop and im gonna be screwed so i take it fairly easily...
    I have no idea what my 1rm is with deads, but about a year ago I got 405lbs for 2... i'm sure I can do better today. Maybe 455, who knows.

    Today I started with 315lbs and went through 6 sets, then dropped to 295lbs for the last 4. Then right over to squats... sick!!!!

    Luckily that was my full workout for the day with the exception of some calve work.

  23. #223
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    ^^thats good man... ive only been doing deads for a couple months.. the heaviest ive gone is 285 x 6 on my last set.. wanna really make sure i have good form before i try any heavier.. its funny with the 285 it seems the hardest rep for me is the first rep i dont go up gradually i suppose.. usually 135, 185, 235, 285.. or maybe that is gradual LOL..

  24. #224
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ^^thats good man... ive only been doing deads for a couple months.. the heaviest ive gone is 285 x 6 on my last set.. wanna really make sure i have good form before i try any heavier.. its funny with the 285 it seems the hardest rep for me is the first rep i dont go up gradually i suppose.. usually 135, 185, 235, 285.. or maybe that is gradual LOL..
    That's pretty much how i'd do it if I were to pyramid weights, but I don't. I'll do a warm up with just the barbell, another with 135, then I throw 315 on and start my first working set. The most I've attempted for working sets (not during this current routine) is 365 for reps. I don't remember offhand how many I hit, but I have it all logged in my phone.

    Agreed - much better to keep the weight lighter and improve your form. I still attempt to improve my form with every set.

  25. #225
    hex
    hex is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    189
    do you guys use the switched grip on deadlifts? i have always done these with the same grip and have read one hand should be forward facing on the grip...

  26. #226
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by hex View Post
    do you guys use the switched grip on deadlifts? i have always done these with the same grip and have read one hand should be forward facing on the grip...
    I've tried it, but don't really like it. Just feels uneven to me. I just stick with an overhand grip. For heavy sets, I use wrist wraps. I guess that makes me a pvssy. Honestly, I don't really care at all about grip strength, or about strength in general for that matter. I'm concerned with having a nice muscular body.

    Destroyed shoulders and back today.... all 10x6 so pretty heavy stuff, lots of volume. Next week will start 10x4 ... that's gonna be brutal.

  27. #227
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    203.5lbs on the gym scale this morning. Note that's with clothes on, and after eating. Still, that's my highest to date on the same scale, with the same conditions. Just over 3 weeks now until I end this 'bulk'. At this point i'll be happy to end it at 205lbs, obviously on my own scale, fasted, no clothes, after bathroom, etc etc.

  28. #228
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    yeh GB i just got me some straps yesterday! lookn forward to giving them a go today on shrugs didnt think about using them for deads.. good idea! what was ur starting weight when u began this bulk and what was the date?

  29. #229
    slfmade's Avatar
    slfmade is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    N. Hollywood on Radford
    Posts
    3,703
    GB, I don't think you (or anyone else for that matter) are pvssies for using wrist straps. Your grip will usually give before you legs/back does. If a person is lifting the way they should be (to failure) the weight should be heavy enough to warrant wrist straps imo. I was doing 3x15-20 on SLDL and the wrist straps helped a lot. If it weren't for them I wouldn't have been able to do 100% because the weight would have been too much for my grip to support.

    I know you already know this, but I hear the "wrist straps are for pvssies" comment regularly and thought I would throw in my .02.

  30. #230
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    yeh GB i just got me some straps yesterday! lookn forward to giving them a go today on shrugs didnt think about using them for deads.. good idea! what was ur starting weight when u began this bulk and what was the date?
    Straps will most definitely help with the lift. It's a no brainer for me; I do deads to build a big thick back, not strong hands. The only thing that does suffer as a result unfortunately are my forearms, but i'll give up some forearms for a nice back.

    I don't remember my starting weight off the top of my head, but it was somewhere in the 185-187 range. Day 1 was 12/12. I just ran some numbers and either underestimated my bodyfat when I was lighter, or am overestimating it now. I figured myself at around 12% and 186lbs (middle ground) when I started, and 198lbs @ 15% today - when I do the figures, that would mean I gained nearly 7lbs of bodyfat and only 2-3lbs of LBM... and that's assuming that 2-3lbs isn't water. While I do feel and look fatter, I don't feel like i've added that much fat. I guess we'll see when I cut. I am hoping to be sitting at around 190lbs when I hit 10%.

  31. #231
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    well hopefully ur bf calculations r incorrect this is a natty bulk rite? i suppose even so 3lbs LBM to have to cut off 7lbs fat in 12 weeks isnt too bad.. apparently LBM is harfd to come by rite? i wouldnt know ive never bulked LOL..

  32. #232
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    well hopefully ur bf calculations r incorrect this is a natty bulk rite? i suppose even so 3lbs LBM to have to cut off 7lbs fat in 12 weeks isnt too bad.. apparently LBM is harfd to come by rite? i wouldnt know ive never bulked LOL..
    Heh, it kind of sucks. If I had only gained 3lbs of LBM and 3lbs or less of BF, that'd be ok. The thought that I gained more than double the LBM in fat is sickening tbh... that's like old school bulking which is definitely not what I was going for. Again, I don't feel like i'm all that fat though. I can still see my top 4 abs, although they're definitely more 'blurry' than before.

    LBM is hard as hell to come by for me, much easier for others. My body just LOVES to store bodyfat. And why not? Years and years of conditioning have created this problem ... aside from the obvious goal of cutting, reconditioning my body to work more efficiently is one of the items Nark and I were trying to address last summer. Defeat the root of the problem, and you no longer have the problem! It obviously didn't work (perfectly) last time, but this next cut will be done much more carefully!!!

  33. #233
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Heh, it kind of sucks. If I had only gained 3lbs of LBM and 3lbs or less of BF, that'd be ok. The thought that I gained more than double the LBM in fat is sickening tbh... that's like old school bulking which is definitely not what I was going for. Again, I don't feel like i'm all that fat though. I can still see my top 4 abs, although they're definitely more 'blurry' than before.

    LBM is hard as hell to come by for me, much easier for others. My body just LOVES to store bodyfat. And why not? Years and years of conditioning have created this problem ... aside from the obvious goal of cutting, reconditioning my body to work more efficiently is one of the items Nark and I were trying to address last summer. Defeat the root of the problem, and you no longer have the problem! It obviously didn't work (perfectly) last time, but this next cut will be done much more carefully!!!
    interesting.. way above my head.. maybe one day when u have the time u can share wat uve learned... i could prob use some reconditioning too! actually prob alot of us could..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 02-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.

  34. #234
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    interesting.. way above my head.. maybe one day when u have the time u can share wat uve learned... i could prob use some reconditioning too! actually prob alot of us could..
    Not really man... the concept is much easier than making it work.

    Our bodies work the way they do, good or bad, for 2 main reasons:

    1) genetics
    2) conditioning

    Take me as an example. For the better part of 15 years, I ate like complete shit - I mean the worst of the worst. Every day and night was pizza, subs, Chinese food, cookies, cakes, chips, tons of fast food - you name it. All of this, plus virtually no activity. I fed my body with sub par low amounts of protein, and HUGE amounts of carbs and fat. Genetics aside, I conditioned my body to be a fat storing machine, and extremely insulin resistant.

    I believe reconditioning can be achieved, but it takes time - it's not like 3 months of dieting can undo years of abuse. Mainly we want to increase insulin sensitivity and make our bodies more efficient at partitioning nutrients in our favor, i.e. building muscle and not fat. Simple in concept, difficult in application.

  35. #235
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    how do we do that? eat the kind of diet we're currently eating and workout the way we're currently working out for a long time? or is there another way? the whole insulin thing i dont understand at all.. i understand insulin is released to combat the sugar in the blood and for some reason that makes us go into fat storing mode.. but it stops there.. insulin resistance, insulin sensitivity?? i have no idea what that means..

  36. #236
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    well i googled it now i see why insulin resistance is not good..

  37. #237
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    well i googled it now i see why insulin resistance is not good..
    I wish more people would Google stuff. I mean, it's not as if Google is a world secret!

  38. #238
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    I wish more people would Google stuff. I mean, it's not as if Google is a world secret!


    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    how do we do that? eat the kind of diet we're currently eating and workout the way we're currently working out for a long time? or is there another way? the whole insulin thing i dont understand at all.. i understand insulin is released to combat the sugar in the blood and for some reason that makes us go into fat storing mode.. but it stops there.. insulin resistance, insulin sensitivity?? i have no idea what that means..
    Pretty much man...just reversing what we've done, hence, reconditioning. Various supplements can aid the process as well, but the 'meat and potatoes' comes down to consistent diet and exercise for an extended and undefined length of time.

    Yep, insulin resistance sucks. For our purpose, we want to be as insulin sensitive as possible. i.e. we have a greater response to a smaller amount of insulin. Simply put, muscle cells are desensitized to insulin, and glucose uptake suffers as a result. As the condition worsens, more insulin is required to get the same response as before. As you can imagine, this only desensitizes the cells further.

    My goal for myself is to try and restore insulin sensitivity to some degree. Carb cycling the way I do it definitely helps due to several days without carbs... meaning little to no insulin present for a long period of time. Keto dieting has a similar effect but it's a whole different animal which I don't really want to go into right now.

  39. #239
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    yeh the keto diet sounds good for awhile but i dont think its exactly healthy.. i love meat and fat.. but how could living on that for a long time be healthy?

  40. #240
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    yeh the keto diet sounds good for awhile but i dont think its exactly healthy.. i love meat and fat.. but how could living on that for a long time be healthy?
    Well, I don't want to paint the wrong picture here. We certainly can live on just protien and fat as our ancestors did. Both macros are essential for us to live, carbohydrates are not. However, our ancestors most likely weren't lifting weights to get big huge muscles, they just needed to survive. For our purposes, i'm a big believer in carbs.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •