Thread: Diet check

wizard is offline New Member

Diet check

My weight starting this was on Jan 8 of this year was 214, about 22% body fat. I'm down about 14 lbs, down to 200 lbs as of today.
    I'm 36 years old, my goal is to lean out to about 10% body fat, maintain that year round, and build quality muscle slowly...

2200 CALS/DAY
    Each meal consists of 37g P, 37g C, 5g F
    40/40/20 P/C/F

MEAL 1:
    EGG WHITES/PROTEIN SHAKE W/UDO OIL AND GLUTAMINE
    1/2 CUP OATMEAL
    PINEAPPLE

MEAL 2:
    HOMEMADE GROUND TURKEY MEAT SAUCE
    WHOLE WHEAT PASTA

MEAL 3:
    PROTEIN SHAKE W/GLUTAMINE
    RICE CAKES

MEAL 4:
    CHICKEN BREAST
    SWEET POTATO/BROCCOLI (varies)

MEAL 5:
    FAT FREE COTTAGE CHEESE
    AND/OR LEFT OVER CHICKEN
    EZEKIAL BREAD

MEAL 6:
    PROTEIN SHAKE W/GLUTAMINE
    RICE CAKE OR EZEKIAL BREAD

On feb 8, I dropped 200 calories/day of carbs, total of 2000 cals/day, diet is the same.

I've had only 2 cheat meals since I started (under 500 cals each)
    As of this week, I'm keeping everything the same, except with a carb cycle, fridays I eat no carbs, then Saturdays is a cheat day, where I eat pretty much whatever (within reason of course, 6 normal sized meals)

Will be experimenting with the carb cycle and how it affects my body, and likely be incorporating that for the full week in the future.

Comments? Opinions?

jypoll is offline Member
    the 40/40/20 is a good idea but for the whole day not for every meal,

you will want to make pro-fat meals and pro-carbs, and limit the amount of carbs and fats taken together
    carbs should only be in 3 meals during breakfast, pre-wo and post-wo, and limit fats in these meals

meal 1: no pineapple and save UDO for a carb free meal
    meal 2: whole wheat pasta is borderline ok, i would suggest to stick to brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoe/ yams
    meal 3: i am assuming this is 4 rice cakes? not a huge fan, i have only 1 rice cake a day, you need better carbs
    meal 4: this is a good meal
    meal 5: i would save the cottage cheese for last meal right before bed
    meal 6: again i would suggest a better carb source, and dont have carbs before bed unless it is pwo meal

a whole cheat day with 6 cheat meals? thats pushing i

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Wiz its funny i started at 37yrs old 213lbs 22%bf..

I ran :

2150cals
    305g pro
    101g carbs
    55g fat

Worked great and im @10%ish now.. Started in october... Low carbs is better for fatloss IMO..

Agree with jyp completely on cheat day.. If ur deficit is hypothetically 800cals per day x 6 days = 4800cal weekly deficit.. If u have 6 cheat meals at 750cals per meal which wouldnt be hard to do depending u could and would really knock out a lot of ur weekly deficit meaning its gonna take a lot longer.. Id do 1 cheat meal per month max til u get in lower teens.. By then u will be more considerate of the impact of cheating considering the amt of effort and discipline its gonna take to et there.. Thats my .02

When i was where u are i did only 3 or 4 cheats from oct 1 thru new years... To give u perspective..

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    What kind of lifting schedule and How much CARDIO are u doing?

I'm doing 1/2 hour of mid intensity cardio 4 days a week first thing in the morning. Training 4-5 times per week on a 5 day split: 1. Chest 2. Arms 3. Shoulders 4. Back 5. Legs

Quote Originally Posted by jypoll View Post
    the 40/40/20 is a good idea but for the whole day not for every meal,

you will want to make pro-fat meals and pro-carbs, and limit the amount of carbs and fats taken together
    carbs should only be in 3 meals during breakfast, pre-wo and post-wo, and limit fats in these meals

meal 1: no pineapple and save UDO for a carb free meal
    meal 2: whole wheat pasta is borderline ok, i would suggest to stick to brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoe/ yams
    meal 3: i am assuming this is 4 rice cakes? not a huge fan, i have only 1 rice cake a day, you need better carbs
    meal 4: this is a good meal
    meal 5: i would save the cottage cheese for last meal right before bed
    meal 6: again i would suggest a better carb source, and dont have carbs before bed unless it is pwo meal

a whole cheat day with 6 cheat meals? thats pushing i
    Right on thanks for the input, I'll definitely make some adjustments to better quality carbs and move things around a bit.
    I'm with you on the cheat day... however, I'm working with a competition trainer right now, and this is what he's got me doing. He's basically doing some trial and error on me right now to see how my body resonds to things, just wanted another point of view on this.

Thanks!

Thread Information