Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Johnnny B. Glad to see you are hammering away at it. Day 18 already. Keep at it. Enjoy the weekend.... But not too much.
    Haha thanks dude, but no wild weekends for me. I went an visited one of my lady friends the day after easter and that was enough partying for me. Chick bought me a giant bottle of johnny walker blue label for my belated bday present, i was shocked, thing had to have been like 200$ haha.

I can only go about 2 or 3 days without working out or i feel like a piece of crap. Plus i'm out here in the boonies now again so no distractions, nothing but working out and chillin.

I had a question maybe if SteM sees this.

If my primary goal is cutting down on my BF%/losing fat would it be more beneficial for me to maybe focus my workouts mainly around cardio? For instance, if i only trained with weights like 2x a week and did fasted cardio 4x a week? Or perhaps maybe even 1 day lifting full body workout at the end of the week of all your fasted cardio sessions? Curious to see how the difference would effect your fat burning?

Day 19

Rained liked crazy today and still is, which sucks cause i really wanted to do some fasted cardio today. Instead went to the gym and did a little legs and shoulders, which lead me to ask the question i asked earlier, just my curiosity. I feel like my fasted AM cardio is far more effective then my PWO cardio. Hopefully no rain tomorrow and i can get my AM fasted in and on sunday which would end the week at 4 total which is what i'm shooting for each week.

For the people wondering about my diet each day i don't post anything about it unless it is out of the normal. What you see on page 1 is pretty much what i'm following to the T every single day. If there is any mishaps or changes in it, that's when i post, but if you hear nothing from the diet...means it was perfect for that day. I think diet is the foundation and if i'm not eating correctly then that kills almost all my motivation for any type of workout... If you're messing up your diet, what's the point of busting your as$ in the gym or on a run, right? Anyways crankin away tomorrow, hopefully this scale moves a little more then last week.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    I had a question maybe if SteM sees this.

If my primary goal is cutting down on my BF%/losing fat would it be more beneficial for me to maybe focus my workouts mainly around cardio? For instance, if i only trained with weights like 2x a week and did fasted cardio 4x a week? Or perhaps maybe even 1 day lifting full body workout at the end of the week of all your fasted cardio sessions? Curious to see how the difference would effect your fat burning?
    It depends what you want to look like. An athlete? Then yep, mainly cardio. A lifter? Predominantly lift. An all rounder? Then both
    When I cut my plan is - lifting 4x pw, ave 1 hr each.
    PWO HIIT/LIC combo 2x pw
    Fasted cardio - 1x pw

3 cardio sessions only.

Diet is the main contributing factor to your fat loss but the cardio is a great synergist to it. Think on - LIC cardio for an hour may burn 600cals. In theory thats 6 hours worth to burn 1lb fat. HIIT will burn cals quicker but true HIIT is not sustainable for any length of time.

One can get down to 10% or below through diet alone. Takes a little longer but not very much.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    It depends what you want to look like. An athlete? Then yep, mainly cardio. A lifter? Predominantly lift. An all rounder? Then both
    When I cut my plan is - lifting 4x pw, ave 1 hr each.
    PWO HIIT/LIC combo 2x pw
    Fasted cardio - 1x pw

3 cardio sessions only.

Diet is the main contributing factor to your fat loss but the cardio is a great synergist to it. Think on - LIC cardio for an hour may burn 600cals. In theory thats 6 hours worth to burn 1lb fat. HIIT will burn cals quicker but true HIIT is not sustainable for any length of time.

One can get down to 10% or below through diet alone. Takes a little longer but not very much.
    Diet never goes wrong, i just skip lifting days sometimes for fasted cardio and didn't know if that would set me back or anything. Next week I'm going to try and boost it with some am cardio and lifing in the pm. Looking at 6x fasted cardio and 4x lifting for next week, i just hope i don't get burnt out.

Appreciate the insight as always SteM, I always have new questions arise in my mind as i go forward. If i don't find any information on the question then i always have it in the back of my mind that i could be doing something incorrectly and holding me back.

Just keep asking!

Nothing wrong with fasted cardio and then lifting later in the day, in fact, if you have the time I recommend it. If I was struggling with energy I'd drop the cardio and still lift.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Just keep asking!

Nothing wrong with fasted cardio and then lifting later in the day, in fact, if you have the time I recommend it. If I was struggling with energy I'd drop the cardio and still lift.
    Yea i'm going to give that a try next week. I have a feeling i will get burnt out but i'll monitor my progress and take a day off if i need to.

Day 20

Same ol same ol, 10min LIC warmup 20min HIIT finished off with 20min LIC. I think i have to get new shoes cause my heels are killing me later in the day after my run, like they've been stretch to much or something. Gyms closed on weekends around me with sucks so just planning on 60mins fasted cardio tomorrow. Excited to be only 10days away from 4 weeks but there's still a lot i want to get accomplished.

I'm going to chill today, go get groceries for next week. I'm going to post my workout routine for next a little later today and looking for some feedback and input if you guys could. I don't expect a crazy change on tomorrows weigh in, you could label this week as one of the "lazier" ones. A 1/1.5lb drop would make me happy, and would be ecstatic to see 2lb+.

Workout plan comming up for next week fellas....

Day 21

Solid diet, solid planning. Here's my workout plan for week 4.

Monday - AM.Fasted Cardio 10min LIC W/U 20min HIIT 10min LIC/PM. Chest/Abs
    Tuesday - AM.Fasted Cardio 10min LIC W/U 20min HIIT 10min LIC/PM. Shoulders 20min PWO Cardio
    Wednesday - AM.Fasted Cardio 10min LIC W/U 20min HIIT 10min LIC/PM. Back/Abs
    Thursday - AM.Fasted Cardio 10min LIC W/U 20min HIIT 20min LIC/PM. Arms 20min PWO Cardio
    Friday - AM.Fasted Cardio 10min LIC W/U 20min HIIT 20min LIC/PM. Legs/Calvs/Abs
    Saturday - AM.Fasted Cardio 10min LIC W/U 20min HIIT 20min LIC
    Sunday - Off

Thinking it's a little overkill but i will truck through it and see how a feel throughout the week. Feel a lot better with a plan to look towards. Weigh in tomorrow morning.

Waaaaaay too much HIIT. Mate, if you are doing HIIT right 3-4 xpw max. Alternate HIIT every other day with LIC. Find a hill and walk briskly up it if you have no access to a machine.

Never do HIIT on leg day either.

You are asking for burnout, injury and getting much weaker in the gym.

Cardio is a supplement to your fat loss, diet is the key.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Waaaaaay too much HIIT. Mate, if you are doing HIIT right 3-4 xpw max. Alternate HIIT every other day with LIC. Find a hill and walk briskly up it if you have no access to a machine.

Never do HIIT on leg day either.

You are asking for burnout, injury and getting much weaker in the gym.

Cardio is a supplement to your fat loss, diet is the key.
    Appreciate it SteM, when i was writing it up i figured it would be a little to much.

Here is what i have modified.

Monday - AM.Fasted Cardio 45min LIC/PM. Chest/Abs 20min PWO HIIT
    Tuesday - AM.Fasted Cardio 40min LIC/PM. Shoulders
    Wednesday - AM.Fasted Cardio 45min LIC/PM. Back/Abs 20min PWO HIIT
    Thursday - AM.Fasted Cardio 45min LIC/PM. Arms
    Friday - AM.Fasted Cardio 10min warmup 20min HIIT 20min LIC
    Saturday - Legs/Calvs/Abs
    Sunday - Off

Is that to much fasted cardio? It's 5 xpw but it's all LIC besides friday.

Additional updates

Weigh in Week 3

Start - 190.2lbs
    Week 1 - 186.6
    Week 2 - 185.2
    Week 3 - 184.9

The scale didn't really budge but i have nobody to blame but myself. With easter and visiting my friend it has just been one big mess. I only had 3x fasted cardio sessions last week and really felt coming into this weigh inn that it was going to be garbage. I have to admit i have been being a bit lazy on my diet as well. Sunday was easter which was normal diet besides dinner, mon - wednesday was when i visited my friend and ate clean but didn't track my macros or cals. I would imagine 3days out of the week of non monitoring would cripple any progress, just seems a little harsh. Ready to take on this week though with a full plan and no distractions in the way, really looking to get in the 183 range by monday and hopefully break 180 by May.

Tired of this 100 year old scale in the garage to, going to buy a legit digital one off amazon. I was just hesitate because last time i bought a digital one at wal-mart it was an utter piece of trash, i'll just read some reviews and pick out a good one this time.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    I bought this one when I started and it has worked well for me. I like that it lights up when I get on it so I check weight as soon as I get up. Also once it hits your weight it stays steady. I am 3lbs heavier on this scale then my old one but this one is probably more accurate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

I bought this one when I started and it has worked well for me. I like that it lights up when I get on it so I check weight as soon as I get up. Also once it hits your weight it stays steady. I am 3lbs heavier on this scale then my old one but this one is probably more accurate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
    Right on al, appreciate it. It gives you exact same weight every time? The issues i was having with the one i bought was that it was different by +/- 2/3 lbs each time which was frustrating when i'm trying to monitor loss and gains.

It has been giving me less weight every time I weigh myself. I programmed it to lie

Seriously it seems to be accurate and I am happy with it.

It has been giving me less weight every time I weigh myself. I programmed it to lie

Seriously it seems to be accurate and I am happy with it.
    Cool man, i'll check it out, as long as it is consistent then i will be happy.

Had a solid chest day, i'm going to start posting everything at the end of the day including workout rep and sets so i can stay on top of things a little bit more. So far so good.

Day 22

Had a solid day, i'm beat, i want to sleep right now haha. Got a new scale that's supposed to be here tomorrow (Thanks to Al ) Also went shopping for all my food, going to start cooking my food fresh and eat instead of cooking it all for the week. I'm going to begin to layout my training for the day, stay a little more on top of things on here like i mentioned before.

AM - 45min Fasted LIC cardio

PM - Chest

Flat Bench - 4x15/10/10/8
    Decline Bench - 3x10/10/8
    Incline Bench - 3x10/8/8
    Cable Flys - 3x 12/10/10
    Dumbbell Flys - 3x 15/12/10

20min PWO HIIT Cardio.

Solid first day into the new week. No HIIT tomorrow, i'm doing it EOD as SteM mentioned, also i'm not sure if i'm doing to much fasted am cardio? i have it planned for 5x this week.

Here is my updated diet, i crammed all the numbers and made sure i was still on point, this is what i eat everyday. I added 1 cup of egg whites in PWO, and only 1/2 cup oats vice 1 cup in pre meal, that's why it's a little different then started post.

Meal 1 - 1cup egg whites, 1 cup oat - 360c 35p 54c 3f
    PWO - scoop protein 1cup scoop oat,1 cup egg whites - 610c 60p 54c 3f
    Meal 2 - Tuna veggies - 250c 55p 0c 5f
    Meal 3 - 6oz chicken breast veggies - 275c 52p 0c 6f
    Meal 4 - 6oz chicken breast veggies 1/2 cup pistacios - 435c 58p 8c 20f
    Meal 5 - 1 cup cottage cheese - 180 26p 8c 5f

Total - Cals 2200 286p 124c 42f

Didn't include the veggies cals, they're around 150 though.

Why 2 lots of flyes? And why flat as well as decline?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Why 2 lots of flyes? And why flat as well as decline?
    I was going to leave out the cable flys but i just did them to finish up my workout like a burnout. On the decline i feel like i work more of my lower chest like under my nipples as to where the flat bench i feel it mainly in the bulk of my chest. Is that to much for 1 body part?

Was curious if i had to much LIC fasted cardio in the week planned of training as well?

I think you could do LIC 6 days and get away with 2-3 days of PWO HIIT. Incidentally, my HIIT only lasts 10-12 mins. 10 secs on and 50 secs off. Immediately followed by 20 mins LIC when cutting.

Re: chest exercises, it's really up you. I recently dropped flat bench and now do decline dumb bells and incline dumbbells on my heavy 4-6 reps week and the next week do incline dumbbells, decline dumbbells and flyes on my 8-10 rep week. Not saying that's what you should do.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I think you could do LIC 6 days and get away with 2-3 days of PWO HIIT. Incidentally, my HIIT only lasts 10-12 mins. 10 secs on and 50 secs off. Immediately followed by 20 mins LIC when cutting.

Re: chest exercises, it's really up you. I recently dropped flat bench and now do decline dumb bells and incline dumbbells on my heavy 4-6 reps week and the next week do incline dumbbells, decline dumbbells and flyes on my 8-10 rep week. Not saying that's what you should do.
    Sounds good, my HIIT PWO is usually the treadmill inclined to 13.5 and 90sec 2.5 60sec 4.0 for 15mins.

I'll switch to dumb bells when i lift heaver, i'm going to alternate each week of 4-6 reps heavy and 8-10 moderate.

Day 23

No fasted cardio today i woke up kind of late then watched real madrid get beat down by bayern. I made it up with some PWO cardio though so no worries. Diet was exactly listed as above and hit shoulders today in the gym.

Warm up Machine shoulder press - 4x10
    DB Shoulder Press - 3x10
    Arnold Press - 3x10
    DB Lat raises - 3x10
    DB Shoulder Shurgs - 3x10

PWO Cardio - 5min LIC 10min HIIT 10min LIC

Wasn't supposed to do HIIT today but i skipped out on fasted cardio this morning, no HIIT tomorrow though, just lifting.

I don't know about you guys but im not a huge fan of barbell shoulder press, i tried to do it today and just stopped after 2 reps lol, i think DB presses are much more effective. Chelsea v Barce tomorrow for you futbol fans.

Can I suggest something for your HIIT? You do it outdoors sometimes? Running? If so try this:-

5 mins warm up

Set up markers 80meters apart. Sprint as fast as you can between the markers. Turn round and walk back to the start and repeat sprints. 10-15 repetitions.

Then 20-30 mins LIC either a brisk walk or the slowest jog you can do.Or go straight into the gym and walk up an incline.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 04-18-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Seated dumbbell or standing barbell are far better for the shoulder area than seated barbell.

If you miss LIC one morning just do 20-30 mins LIC post lifting. Same same.

Come on Barcelona!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Can I suggest something for your HIIT? You do it outdoors sometimes? Running? If so try this:-

5 mins warm up

Set up markers 80meters apart. Sprint as fast as you can between the markers. Turn round and walk back to the start and repeat sprints. 10-15 repetitions.

Then 20-30 mins LIC either a brisk walk or the slowest jog you can do.Or go straight into the gym and walk up an incline.
    SteM, that's exactly what i do with my HIIT when i do it outside lol. When i do it post workout i do it on the treadmill.

Seated dumbbell or standing barbell are far better for the shoulder area than seated barbell.

If you miss LIC one morning just do 20-30 mins LIC post lifting. Same same.

Come on Barcelona!
    I completely agree, i feel really awkward with the barbell, i don't even think i'm using my shoulder muscles half the time haha.

No! man all i talk to is barcelona fans, i will be on barce side for them to beat chelsea because i want to see madrid and barce in the end.

Whereas I just HATE Chelsea!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Haha i'm going to send you a frank lampard kit

Finished up fasted cardio, played bball for 15mins then went and ran for 20mins. Going to watch this game then go get a back workout in.

Oh ya, and i got my new scale! same one as al, just got to pick up some batteries later today.

Finished up fasted cardio, played bball for 15mins then went and ran for 20mins. Going to watch this game then go get a back workout in.

Oh ya, and i got my new scale! same one as al, just got to pick up some batteries later today.
    Yours did not come with batteries? I am pretty sure mine did. Well good luck hope you like it.

Damn lucky Chelsea! They'll get hammered in the return leg!

Yours did not come with batteries? I am pretty sure mine did. Well good luck hope you like it.
    Haha you're right, i just saw them taped to the side of the package. You're a genius!

Damn lucky Chelsea! They'll get hammered in the return leg!
    Yea they will for sure, they had the ball for like 15% of the time haha.

My new scale says i'm 190.4 It's consistent and this one is far more accurate then the piece of crap one i have in the garage. I guess i will just start using this one, maybe i was in the high 90's when i actually started? Disappointing to say that but at least i can manage it better now. Man this sucks, whatever, not going to let it get me down.

My new scale says i'm 190.4 It's consistent and this one is far more accurate then the piece of crap one i have in the garage. I guess i will just start using this one, maybe i was in the high 90's when i actually started? Disappointing to say that but at least i can manage it better now. Man this sucks, whatever, not going to let it get me down.
    How much off from the old scale are you? I was 3lbs heavier on the new scale.

How much off from the old scale are you? I was 3lbs heavier on the new scale.
    Well I usually weigh myself fasted right when i wake up so i'll compare them tomorrow morning.

So i weighed myself when i got back, which is after my PWO meal and meal 4, so i figured it would be a bit heavier. New scale say's i'm 191.8 and old one says i'm now near 195!?!?

This is insane, last monday (fasted) i weighed 185, can my PWO meal really cause 10lb difference? i don't think it would.. Am I actually gaining weight on this diet? Is something wrong with me? It's got my head spinning, i feel like i've been busting my butt with diet and good exercise plan and i'm now gaining? the exact opposite of what i want to achieve, i feel like i've wasted 25 days of hard work.... I feel like i should go back to the drawing board with my diet now, i didn't think i would be gaining weight at 2200 cals. This sucks, whatever i'll just weigh myself fasted tomorrow and take it from there i guess

Body weight fluctuates by many factors. If you stick to your diet and training and weigh yourself same day at same time that gives best accuracy. If you have extra salt and don't drink enough water you will retain water. From your log you seem to be doing the right thing.

Body weight fluctuates by many factors. If you stick to your diet and training and weigh yourself same day at same time that gives best accuracy. If you have extra salt and don't drink enough water you will retain water. From your log you seem to be doing the right thing.
    I know dude that's why i'm so frustrated, i really just need to woosaa an chill out but i feel like i want to punch a baby. I'll just wait till tomorrow morning, for some reason i look a lot more leaner at night before i go to bed to, the middle of the day seems to be when i hold the most weight. I will calm down haha

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information