Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Finished up some cardio, got about 35mins in fasted LIC. New BCAAs were pretty good, I like my old ones better though. Looking forward to getting back into the gym tomorrow, tonight i will post up my summary and workout plan for next week.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    On what basis are your old BCAA's better? BCAA's are BCAA's.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    On what basis are your old BCAA's better? BCAA's are BCAA's.
    My old one had more BCAA per serving size and included 2.5g L-glutamine, which my old one has no L-glutamine. Not to mention my old one tasted a lot better, this new one taste like Pepto-Bismol.

Day 44

Good sleep today, got fasted LIC cardio in this morning for about 30mins, nothing crazy. This weekend felt so slow and by the end of today all I keep thinking about is getting back in the gym lol. Had excellent diet over the weekend with no mishaps.

Here's my projected workout plan for next week, will be training Mon-Fri and take the weekend off again.

Monday - Chest/Abs/PWO HIIT
    Tuesday - Back/ PWO Interval Training
    Wednesday - Arms/Forearms/Abs/PWO HIIT
    Thursday - Delts/Traps/PWO HIIT
    Friday - Legs/Calves/Abs
    Saturday - Fasted LIC
    Sunday - Off

Depending on how i feel i might have Saturday Off and do the fasted LIC on Sunday, we will see how i feel but i will get that fasted LIC session in on the weekend regardless.

Anybody following along feel free to critique my plan, I know I have some HIIT back to back days but I didn't want to get it on my Leg day and wanted to get at least 3x sessions of it during the week. I'm open for criticism and reviews. Hope everybody had a good weekend, happy training next week.

Happy Monay people, looking to get back on the weights today.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Happy Monday, I like to see you have been consistent. Let me know how that cardio schedule works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Happy Monday, I like to see you have been consistent. Let me know how that cardio schedule works for you.
    Yea you to man, I just finished today, guess you could say first correct HIIT session. I'll post up my summary a little later today.

Day 45

Good first stay back, i'm noticing i'm getting stronger which is great. No issues with diet, just the ol usual.

Chest

Flat BB Bench - 6x 12/10/7/5/5/3
    Incline BB Bench - 5x 10/7/5/5/3
    Machine Press - 5x 10/7/5/5/3
    Machine Flys - 5x 12/10/7/5/5

Abs

Reverse Crunches - 3x20
    Oblique DB Lens - 3x20
    Rope Crunches - 3x20

PWO Cardio - 2min Warmup 12mins HIIT 6min LIC.

First time today I actually did HIIT correctly, 15sec max incline and ramp with 45sec LIC. I thought it was kind of easy at first but once i got to my 6th set I was wanting it to end haha. My legs and glute were burning to, I'm liking the HIIT.

My workout routine was on something i read over the weekend, I've been trying to dig it up and find it again but can't. It consits of 30reps per set with heavy weight, so a 5 set 10/7/5/5/3 is how it works, and i'm loving it so far. Hit a new personal best on the flat bench today on my final set.

Woke up with abs crazy soar, I love that feeling. My chest isn't soar really at all though? Soarness is a good judgement of if i worked it hard enough or not, will see how it goes later throughout the day.

Day 46

Good lift day today, woke up a little bit late because I left the blinds down and the sun didn't come through lol. Diet was good, cleaned it up a bunch today, sometimes i'll use a dab of low sodium soy sauce or a couple pistachios if I start to get a little hungry but today I just kept it fully clean. Did some back work today.

Back -

Machine Close Row - 6x15/10/7/5/5/3
    DB Bent Over Rows - 5x 10/7/5/5/3
    Lat Pulldowns - 5x 10/7/5/5/3
    Seated Bent Over Lat Spreads - 3x12*
    Super-set Single DB Lat Spreads - 3x10*

PWO Cardio - 5min LIC 15min Intervals 10mins LIC - Total 30mins.

Asterisks symbolize the 2 exercises I super-set at the end of my workout. Back was thrashed today after workout and I was using DB's for bent over rows that hadn't looked like they had been touched in forever. Strength is good as well as energy. Cardio was light, but I could feel my legs were still recovering from yesterdays HIIT. Still got my cardio in none the less.

Mornin fellas, been sleeping like a dead man latley, love it. I got a couple PM's the other day regarding my diet so I figured I would post pics throughout the day as I eat and a typical workout day. should be fun.

Alright here is a little snap shot diet of my day.

Meal 1/3 (Pre/Post)

1/4 cup brown rice (dried)
    asparagus
    8oz Chicken

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meal1_3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	123051

PWO Shake

1cup egg whites
    1scoop whey protein
    1/2cup oats
    10g glutamine
    1 scoop halo

Name:	2012-05-16_10-29-21_484.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	123052

The Halo isn't necessary but I have a buttload of it left over from my last deployment, Its an ok post workout supp so I only use 1 scoop. Not going to waste it.

Already mentioned my PWO meal above so this is my 4th meal you could say.

6oz chicken
    asparagus

Name:	2012-05-16_14-48-16_325.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	123053

Same as 1/3 meal just no rice.

Last meal is meal 5.

12oz Tuna
    Brocolli

Name:	meal6_tuna.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	123054

Nothing exciting I know but I try to keep it as clean as possible. I get 4g fish oil and 4g flax seed oil and snack on some pistachios if my fats are lacking for the day.

Day 47

Good day again, good diet. Did a little bit of arm work today.

Bi's

WarmUp Seated Machine Curls - 3x12
    Standing DB Curls - 5x 12/8/6/6/4
    Standing DB Hammer Curls - 5x 12/8/6/6/4
    Seated Preacher Curls - 5x10/7/5/5/3

Tri's

Warmup Machine Tricep Extensions - 3x10
    Overhead DB Extensions - 5x10/7/5/5/3
    Pushdowns - 5x12/8/6/6/4
    Rope Pulldowns - 5x12/8/6/6/4

PWO Cardio - 2min LIC Warmup 12mins HIIT 6mins LIC.

Great workout, had insane pumps in my arms, my shirt was skin tight around my biceps. I was supposed to do some ab work today but my abs were still crazy soar and I was pretty drained after this workout. I will get another ab sessions in either on leg day or tomorrow. HIIT cardio is no joke, I was dieing around my 5th set, not sure how i'm going to squeeze another HIIT session in before the weekend but i'm not looking forward to it lol.

Whats up bro. Looking good. Question on the asparagus. Does it give you gas? I had been eating a lot of Brussels sprouts and had to stop because of severe gas. Need new veggie.

Whats up bro. Looking good. Question on the asparagus. Does it give you gas? I had been eating a lot of Brussels sprouts and had to stop because of severe gas. Need new veggie.
    No gas, it makes my urine smell extremely rank though. At the store by me you can buy like a bundle for 3$, I just throw 5-6 of them on the grill when I cook my chicken.

n00bs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    ok, imo the only things id change:
    meal one lose the protein shake and get some more egg whites.
    meal two again lose the protein shake--carb up oats are good, or maybe even a yam. (sweet potato)
    meal 3,4, looks good, but id add some carbs to post workout, also how much veggies/what veggies are you using for these meals?
    meal 5 looks good--if you want u can swap out the casein for a slow digesting protein like tuna/steak.

the reasoning i mod the meal 1/2--imo u don't need 2 protein shakes in the morn, esp before workout--u wana fuel your workout with fats/carbs. (if anybody disagrees please don't be an asshole, but give reasoning, as i don't know everything but still trynna learn)

the reasoning behind meal 3, carbs u need to put em back into your body after u used during workout (insulin spike). I rec you only spike insulin 3 times, as i have read in the stickies, this is the best way to avoid fat poundage. (carbs only on breakfast, pre/post) abso no carbs in the last 2 meals.

another thing i noticed, it with you playing ball (is this baseball or basketball) either way, your gonna need to add a cpl hundred more calories to your tdee, unless you used a different multiplier (not 1.55).

like i said I'm not mr. know it all, and I'm sure gb or 405 or some other more experienced user can provide further help.
    What ever sticky said avoid insulin to not get fat is retarded.

Protein spikes insluin, ingesting fat blunts hormone sensetive lipase and fat gain = excess calories or improper macros.

Eat what ever the **** you want within your calories and common sense whenever the hell you want. Unless your work requires otherwise ( very physically demanding) or your a marathon runner it simply doesnt matter.

Also i dont know why you would ditch black coffee?? Please where are the calories? None... If anything it will help with the 0.0000000001% of lypolisis

Also your "pwo" meal is actually your pre workout meal and its irelivent when you have it. Dont major in minors and try do something half normal.

Chicken and vegies and egg whites is just OCD muscle meat head rubbish. Be a bit more varied with what you eat. If your avoiding cooked carrots because of ''sugars'' then people have missed the the whole idea.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    What ever sticky said avoid insulin to not get fat is retarded.

Protein spikes insluin, ingesting fat blunts hormone sensetive lipase and fat gain = excess calories or improper macros.

Eat what ever the **** you want within your calories and common sense whenever the hell you want. Unless your work requires otherwise ( very physically demanding) or your a marathon runner it simply doesnt matter.

Also i dont know why you would ditch black coffee?? Please where are the calories? None... If anything it will help with the 0.0000000001% of lypolisis

Also your "pwo" meal is actually your pre workout meal and its irelivent when you have it. Dont major in minors and try do something half normal.

Chicken and vegies and egg whites is just OCD muscle meat head rubbish. Be a bit more varied with what you eat. If your avoiding cooked carrots because of ''sugars'' then people have missed the the whole idea.
    My main priority is hitting my macros i've laid out, if I get the right amount of protein/carbs/fats throughout my day I'm a happy man.

I still have a cup or 2 of black coffee in the morning, wakes me up a little and helps me shit.

My Pre and Post workout meals are identical -

1/4cup brown rice(dried)
    8oz chicken breast
    veggies

Been keeping it clean as possible and hitting my macros for almost 50 days now and it's been working extremely well to say the least.

n00bs is offline Member
    Basmati rice tastes a truck load better.

How long before training is your pre workout?

Basmati rice tastes a truck load better.

How long before training is your pre workout?
    I'll check it out next time i'm at the store, appreciate the suggestion. I've been looking for a change up of the ol brown rice.

My pre workout is consumed about an hour before I head to the gym.

n00bs is offline Member
    Might be better to eat it all after then...

Might be better to eat it all after then...
    My carbs or the whole meal in general? I would exercise the idea of moving all my carbs to the PWO meal but my pre workout is also my first meal upon waking up.

I've tried little to no carbs before my workouts and my energy dwindles quickly. When I started eating a little bit of carbs Pre workout is when I get the most out of my workouts and feel I can push through and work harder.

n00bs is offline Member
    Bcaa's and some l-tyrosine? Maybe some simple sugars if your that way inclined. Reason being that meal is no where near ready to give you nutrition properly at 1hr and as blood flow to digestive organs is reduced during "stress" i.e exercise its not really doing its intended job that you want it to.

Just a thought.

Bcaa's and some l-tyrosine? Maybe some simple sugars if your that way inclined. Reason being that meal is no where near ready to give you nutrition properly at 1hr and as blood flow to digestive organs is reduced during "stress" i.e exercise its not really doing its intended job that you want it to.

Just a thought.
    Good point out, I'm reading that brown rice takes about 60-90mins to digest and readily available for the body to utilize. Do you suggest maybe white rice or white potato or I was thinking just waiting longer before I head to the gym.

n00bs is offline Member
    If you have eaten before bed then your glycogen is full.. if it was casein then your still digesting and absorbing nutrients.

Breakfast really isnt needed and is the first meal to go when im trying to lose cals.

Try it, you might like it. If not like i said some bcaa's or eaa's say 5-10g and go for it..

If you have eaten before bed then your glycogen is full.. if it was casein then your still digesting and absorbing nutrients.

Breakfast really isnt needed and is the first meal to go when im trying to lose cals.

Try it, you might like it. If not like i said some bcaa's or eaa's say 5-10g and go for it..
    I have a can of tuna or some cottage cheese for my last meal. I'll switch some things around and try to hit the gym without pre-workout and see how I feel.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    No gas, it makes my urine smell extremely rank though. At the store by me you can buy like a bundle for 3$, I just throw 5-6 of them on the grill when I cook my chicken.
    I 2 luv asparagus and have the same issue. I grill mine in al foil with pam, a drizzle of EVOO, fresh crushed garlic and a spec of gray sea salt

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I 2 luv asparagus and have the same issue. I grill mine in al foil with pam, a drizzle of EVOO, fresh crushed garlic and a spec of gray sea salt
    I'll have to try that girlgy, thanks for stopping by!

Day 48

Good diet again, I've kind of been having stomach issues later in the night and when I wake up and it seems to pop up when I eat my tuna. I cut my tuna out today and had a scoop of casein and cottage cheese instead to see how that treats me. I tried bit of a new routine today, still pyramid set type workout but I implemented some supersets and less rests between.

Delts/Traps

Behind the Neck BB Presses - 5x 12/10/8/8/5
    Military Press - 5x 12/10/8/8/5
    Lat Raises* - 3x 10/10/10 Superset drop 30lbs 3x 10/10/10 Last one hold 10secs
    Cable Upright Rows - 5x 12/10/8/8/5
    DB Shrugs* - 3x 10/10/10 Superset drop 20lbs 3x 10/10/10 drop 20lbs 3x 10/10/10

PWO Cardio - 2mins LIC warmup 12mins HIIT 6mins LIC

Workout was brutal and my traps and delts were burning and pumping the whole time. Probably going to be crazy soar tomorrow but I loved the workout. Was supposed to get abs again but I was just way to burnt out, got last session of HIIT in though. One more workout tomorrow and then some rest all weekend, this week seems like it flew by.

Legs are thrashed, done for the week, bout to rest and enjoy the weekend.

Good work man. Have a good weekend.

Good work man. Have a good weekend.
    Appreciate it brotha, you to.

Day 49

Good final workout. I'm falling in love with these dropsets, i've been calling them supersets the last couple days. Strength is still good and energy is up which is making me think my carb intake is at a good level.

Legs

Squats - 6x 20/15/12/10/8/5
    Leg Press - 5x 15/12/10/8/5
    Leg Extensions - 3x 12/12/12*Dropset 20lbs Dropset 20lbs
    Hamstring Curls - 3x 12/12/12* Dropset 20lbs Dropset 20lbs

Abs -

Cable Crunchs - 5x 25/25/20/20/20

Legs were smashed after workout, got some heavy weights up. Today I actually squated in the cage rather then the squat machine, was much better for my knees. I love squats lol. Finally got some ab work in today as well, cable crunchs are great.

Rest today, thinking of a cheat meal I've been on this diet for about 3 weeks now and i'm craving a piece of pizza or some chineese food or a big ass burrito loaded with shit haha. We shall see, on the flip side, going to get fasted LIC session in this weekend, but overall i will sleep sleep and sleep some more. Enjoy the weekend peeps.

Day 50

Nothing really to report, just rested and chilled out all day today. I had a cheat meal i guess you could call it, a massive burrito but all it had in it was steak, chicken, and beans. Moved a couple things around and i still met all my macros with around 2300 cals which is perfect for having a cheat meal. Now bout to watch the Lakers smash on OKC. Looking to get a session of fasted LIC cardio in tomorrow morning, will see how it all turns out.

Going to get some fasted LIC in after finishing my BCAAs. That cheat meal yesterday got my stomach all messed up, must have had a ton of sodium to because i'm holding a good amount of water.

Day 51

Got 30mins fasted LIC in, I wanted to go for a longer period of time but I started feeling all light headed and felt like shit so i stopped at 30mins. Not sure what's wrong with me today, I'm guessing it's the combo of that burrito i ate yesterday might have had bad steak in it cause some bites tasted funny, plus waking up kind of late and doing fasted cardio. I just hope i feel better tomorrow for my workout, I'm going to try and get some good rest because last night I slept like crap. Other then that I just kind of chilled out, laid down a lot because I was just feeling terrible. Legs are still a little soar but should be ok tomorrow. Just going to keep truckin through.

Day 52

Good workout today my appetite was up today I was getting really hungry especially after working out. Mondays seem to be the days when the most people are in the gym, then as the week goes by people drop like flys, at least that's how it is in my gym. Did chest today.

Chest -

Machine Flys Warmup - 3x12
    Flat BB Bench - 5x 12/10/8/6/4
    Incline DB Bench - 5x 10/8/8/6/4
    Machine Press - 3x12* Drop Set 20lbs Drop Set 20lbs
    DB Flys - 3x12* Drop Set 10lbs Drop Set 10lbs

PWO Cardio - 20mins Interval Cardio

Was going to do HIIT but I was way drained, probably because I didn't eat a lot of carbs on the weekend and didn't sleep well last night. Mondays always seem to be the hardest, the middle of the week is when I have my best workouts.

Good to see you are on it on Monday. Guess the burrito didn't take you out.

Good to see you are on it on Monday. Guess the burrito didn't take you out.
    Hahah dude it did more damage then i expected. The next day i had a killer stomach ache and today i was holding a ton of water, it amazes me have 1 thing can mess you up that much, it's crazy. Was it all worth the 15mins of chicken and steak with hotsauce wrapped i a double tortilla, after not having any cheat for 3 weeks?....Yes it was. I knew I had to have a cheat meal because it was the first thing on my mind when I woke up and i couldn't stop thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Hahah dude it did more damage then i expected. The next day i had a killer stomach ache and today i was holding a ton of water, it amazes me have 1 thing can mess you up that much, it's crazy. Was it all worth the 15mins of chicken and steak with hotsauce wrapped i a double tortilla, after not having any cheat for 3 weeks?....Yes it was. I knew I had to have a cheat meal because it was the first thing on my mind when I woke up and i couldn't stop thinking about it.
    Need the cheats. Eating the same thing every day for weeks gets real old. I'm thinking of doing a cheat every week like stem does.

Need the cheats. Eating the same thing every day for weeks gets real old. I'm thinking of doing a cheat every week like stem does.
    Yea, would for sure help the sanity...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information