Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG R
    Carlos! I was the one that put a stop to it. And hey I asked a contest prep question if you go back and check it out.

Later

R
    I feel I made a lot of mistakes. #1 being I over dieted for the show. I had my carbs extremely low and I was doing 1 1/2 hours of cardio everyday for 5 weeks straight. I think at that point I was burning more muscle than fat because I did not notice my body fat percentage decreasing but my weight decreased. I lost at least 40 pounds and I was not carrying 40 pounds of fat on my body. I lost 4 inches on my quads. Three days before the show I started a diuretic aldactone and the morning of the show I took too high of a dose. That sucked more fullness from my muscles and made my legs go flat.

Changes I would make.

1) Not to drop carbs below 150-200g a day.
    2) Decrease the amount of cardio.
    3) Start carb up earlier and not use low glycemic carbs
    4) Run a diuretic at a lower dose.

BIG R is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I feel I made a lot of mistakes. #1 being I over dieted for the show. I had my carbs extremely low and I was doing 1 1/2 hours of cardio everyday for 5 weeks straight. I think at that point I was burning more muscle than fat because I did not notice my body fat percentage decreasing but my weight decreased. I lost at least 40 pounds and I was not carrying 40 pounds of fat on my body. I lost 4 inches on my quads. Three days before the show I started a diuretic aldactone and the morning of the show I took too high of a dose. That sucked more fullness from my muscles and made my legs go flat.

Changes I would make.

1) Not to drop carbs below 150-200g a day.
    2) Decrease the amount of cardio.
    3) Start carb up earlier and not use low glycemic carbs
    4) Run a diuretic at a lower dose.

Carlos,
    Back to buisness..........

1) I agree with the overdieting issue...cause I make that mistake almost always. Its almost like you are paranoid that you wont make the competition in shredded condition.. I like the 150-200g gram solution.
    2.)do you think that you cardio will be like 1 hour 5 days a week?
    3.)I carb up 3-4 days ahead of time.....like using Maltodextrine. Like used in a post-workout recovery drink to start to fill out again. And of course, Up the carbs (ones that dont hold water)
    4.)Dyazide works good for me to get rid of the water. Hell, low BF is really the best way to look good and full without trying to over diahretic. The "homework" is what make it look good at the competiton.

I can FWD you a combination of all of the things that I did in '02 that made me look my best ever. That was good year for me........at least in BB'ing.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread Information