Ace28 is offline New Member

lost is an understatment!!!

Hello,

Well to say the least life has caught up to me.... Back when life was far more simple (teens) I was all was in shape had plenty of time to work out and ride my bike... Now that college is over and real life is set in I cant say the same.... I am a 28 year old restaurant owner and chef.... I am also a Firefighter. If those 2 things didn't consume enough of my time lets toss a wife in the mix... so my time has been well spoken for awhile now... I some how have found time for myself again and need to use my time in the best fashion possible.

I am 6'0" tall and have now reach 225lbs.... And any Muscle i do have has a protective layer... All my mass is upper body.... I have the belly, but from my Firefighting activities I still have very powerful legs and shoulders...

The problem I have comes in in the way of injuries I have... I have 2 very bad knees do to accidents I have been in... So running and high impact stuff is really painful for me.. I am able to do some but I pay for it later!

I am trying to figure out way to burn fat and gain the muscle tone I once had... I am ready to do what it takes but I need to maximize my efforts for the time I have. I understand diet plays a huge roll in this. The problem I have is I lead a very busy day and often don't have time to eat so I find myself eating late at night. Now that I have more free time I am changing this problem now.

I am interested in what people think of some of the products on the market these days... Maybe some suggestions of cardio that can help me burn fat yet is knee friendly....

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Others with more knowledge will chime in, but I can say that I had great luck with swimming when I had a knee problem.

kml999 is offline Associate Member
    i think you dont have to run to make your cardio effective in your case. you can still do cardio by walking. i didnt go through an accident, but i always have a popping left knee once in a while, so tried doing tridmills/cycling at lower speeds, but for little more duration and it seems to work fine for me

DeniZen is offline Associate Member
    buy a spinning bike for home use. Best cardio I have ever done and very effectve for time management. Very low impact Google the caloric burn rate for spinning wow

Luck Luciano is offline Junior Member
    Welcome..

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    Personally I like things like battling ropes, or kettlebell swings for cardio. Neither of which are any impact on your knees at all.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    welcome

Cycnasty is offline Junior Member
    welcome.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thread Information