Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack

btw, this thread is turning into another America bash.
    Yeah it sure went offtopic.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Once again you fail to grasp the concept of size. A country of swedens size doesnt run around and do international things alone. Simply because we are only a country of 9 million inhabitants.
    For a self-proclaimed small country, Sweden sure has some mighty big opinions. In the US we call this the aligator mouth with a hummingbird ass syndrom.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    For a self-proclaimed small country, Sweden sure has some mighty big opinions. In the US we call this the aligator mouth with a hummingbird ass syndrom.

I love this group, all you guys make my days so much better.

Yes offcourse I forgot, people in smaller countries are inherently more stupid and should not comment on world issues since only the big boys know what its all about

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    But no america would also have meant that stalin would have added a few more countries to his union. I think living under stalin would have been worse than living under hitler.
    Good point.

Yes offcourse I forgot, people in smaller countries are inherently more stupid and should not comment on world issues since only the big boys know what its all about
    NOW you are catchin' on! But I honestly think that only those who participate are entitled to an opinion........ The world could do w/out so many arm-chair quarterbacks.

Chad B is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I just have to respond to this real quick. Hitler was already on his way down. The Russians had taken care of a very big part of the war, the US just resolved things more quickly. Europe was never in danger of Hitler rule because Hitler was a really crappy military commander who thought he was the next Alexander.
    The A bomb on japan stoped the war. IMO

Chad B is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants
    Again give me numbers to compare the why the genocide and oppression of the past. I agree the world needs to do more but shooting people doesn't solve problems. Simple measures could help change Africa dramatically. Free mosquito nets, free malaria treatment, AIDS education and treatment, better irrigation and farming techniques will help the continent more than bullets will. Also, aid must be direct to the people not to the corrupt governments.

Here in America we like to shoot people who rape 14 year old girls repeatedly then kill them. What do you want to do with them, feed them milk and honey and send them to counseling?

Numbers smombers, we can talk, talk, talk just like you liberals like to do.

The point is that if the Whole world gave troops, 2 or even 3 Million troops would put an end to the mass genocide in a couple days with no substantial causalities. Do you realize what 3 million troops would look like? There might not even be a shot fired! We can deal with the civilians after, let’s just stop the mass killing of our fellow humans NOW.

While all the countries of the world sit and watch thousands of women and children raped and starved by soldiers daily, when they have the power to stop it in a day or two. They are all hypocrites, and they are all shit, one might smell worse than the other but how can a piece of shit call another piece of shit smellier? Your government, my government, all SHIT! Allow this to go on in the world.
    Last edited by Chad B; 10-04-2006 at 09:07 PM.

Chad B is offline Banned
    Again give me numbers to compare the why the genocide and oppression of the past. I agree the world needs to do more but shooting people doesn't solve problems. Simple measures could help change Africa dramatically. Free mosquito nets, free malaria treatment, AIDS education and treatment, better irrigation and farming techniques will help the continent more than bullets will. Also, aid must be direct to the people not to the corrupt governments.
    Sometime the only way to solve a problem is by shooting people. We have a lot of liberals here who just want to talk with the Hitler in Iran. How can you talk with a guy who says in his speeches that Israel and its allies need to be wiped off of the face of the earth? I can’t believe we are just sitting here waiting for him to get a nuclear power so he can bomb us, if it wasn’t for the liberal Americans wanting to reason with this Hitler he would have been toast by now. I tell you these liberals will be the death of us all, and the fall of America, I pray not.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad B
    The point is that if the Whole world gave troops, 2 or even 3 Million troops would put an end to the mass genocide in a couple days with no substantial causalities. Do you realize what 3 million troops would look like? There might not even be a shot fired! We can deal with the civilians after, let’s just stop the mass killing of our fellow humans NOW.

While all the countries of the world sit and watch thousands of women and children raped and starved by soldiers daily, when they have the power to stop it in a day or two. They are all hypocrites, and they are all shit, one might smell worse than the other but how can a piece of shit call another piece of shit smellier? Your government, my government, all SHIT! Allow this to go on in the world.
    Thats why we need a strong UN that have the authority to take any steps it needs to end conflicts regardless of the local authorities. A strong UN with a standing well equipped army and a UN where rouge nations can not be in the security councill, where the big powers doesnt have veto right anymore ect. It needs to be updated badly.

Sometime the only way to solve a problem is by shooting people. We have a lot of liberals here who just want to talk with the Hitler in Iran. How can you talk with a guy who says in his speeches that Israel and its allies need to be wiped off of the face of the earth? I can’t believe we are just sitting here waiting for him to get a nuclear power so he can bomb us, if it wasn’t for the liberal Americans wanting to reason with this Hitler he would have been toast by now. I tell you these liberals will be the death of us all, and the fall of America, I pray not.
    Saying israel will disapear from the pages of time is a lot different then saying israel should be wiped of the map and ahmajidenad acctualy said pages of time. Most of the thing he have said is indeed bad, but not as bad as the major newspapers have translated it.
    It doesnt matter much anyway what he say since he is just a puppet when it comes to the armed forces, its the ayatholla that runs that show...Iran is also by almost all accounts several years from beeing able to acctualy build a bomb so no need to rush this situation before exhausting all other possible options

mcpeepants is offline Senior Member
    Here in America we like to shoot people who rape 14 year old girls repeatedly then kill them. What do you want to do with them, feed them milk and honey and send them to counseling?

Numbers smombers, we can talk, talk, talk just like you liberals like to do.

More people are dying because of starvation, lack of clean water, and disease than by war. What are 3 million troops going to do? Unless their going to be used to pick up some ploughs and or bring medicine, their not going to much. So if your thinking of sending troops, first realize most deaths are not the result of bullets.

More people are dying because of starvation, lack of clean water, and disease than by war. What are 3 million troops going to do? Unless their going to be used to pick up some ploughs and or bring medicine, their not going to much. So if your thinking of sending troops, first realize most deaths are not the result of bullets.

and in that case the world is acctualy doing alot. The un is saving alot of lifes with there food programs, with education and with medication.

The only downside is that often the help might end up under the warlords controll. There needs to be a armed presence with authority along with the big aid shipments to always ensure it wont just give the warlords more power

Hitler. Man everybody's Hitler these days. People need to put things in perspective and not get worked up over paranoia. The case we're making against Iran is the same we made for Iraq. We can see how good the turned out. Iran wants and needs diplomatic relations with the US if it wants to advance it's infrastructure. You were saying before all goverments are shit, so maybe you should take a whiff before believing what our goverment is saying.

and in that case the world is acctualy doing alot. The un is saving alot of lifes with there food programs, with education and with medication.

The only downside is that often the help might end up under the warlords controll. There needs to be a armed presence with authority along with the big aid shipments to always ensure it wont just give the warlords more power
    Yeah, the UN needs to be give aid directly to the people. Don't give aid to corrupt governments and expect it to trickle down to the people.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    NOW you are catchin' on! But I honestly think that only those who participate are entitled to an opinion........ The world could do w/out so many arm-chair quarterbacks.

Americaarmchairquarterbackitus. Commonly afflicts Europeans. No known cure at this time.

So if I beat down a homeless bum you cant have a oppinion about it since you didnt participate

Offcourse I can have oppinions about the stupid moves the world powers make.
    They are not immune to critique, it just happen that right now its america that is doing the stupid moves. If this was during the cold war I would be just as critical about what moves the soviet union make or in 30 years Il probably be very critical to chinas actions.

Big powers do things to further there own interests and thats obvious, but if americas interests isnt in my interest or if america is trying to claim its interests is a nobel cause, then I will critique. There are more countries in this world than the USA.

Jesus did this thread get out of track

Why is it everytime some kind of thread involving a world problem comes up, somehow the bashing and/or defending of the U.S. comes up??

Is it because the U.S. wants its hands involved in everything, the U.S. MUST have it's hand in everything (ie world police, superpower responsibility, etc), or a combo of both?

So if I beat down a homeless bum you cant have a oppinion about it since you didnt participate

Offcourse I can have oppinions about the stupid moves the world powers make.
    They are not immune to critique, it just happen that right now its america that is doing the stupid moves. If this was during the cold war I would be just as critical about what moves the soviet union make or in 30 years Il probably be very critical to chinas actions.

Big powers do things to further there own interests and thats obvious, but if americas interests isnt in my interest or if america is trying to claim its interests is a nobel cause, then I will critique. There are more countries in this world than the USA.

Jesus did this thread get out of track
    Again, have all of the opinions you want. Sit back, form your opinions while we do our best to solve the big issues of the day. I see Sweden as the "Watchers", do nothing just watch and form opinions. I am entitled to my opinion that Sweden does not deserve an opinion on this as well Johan......
    Now, If you wanted to post your thoughts on ABBA, you are entitled to that as well........

Again, have all of the opinions you want. Sit back, form your opinions while we do our best to solve the big issues of the day. I see Sweden as the "Watchers", do nothing just watch and form opinions. I am entitled to my opinion that Sweden does not deserve an opinion on this as well Johan......
    Now, If you wanted to post your thoughts on ABBA, you are entitled to that as well........
    Well we define do nothing in completely different ways since you consider everything not involving alot of explosive as nothing

Unfortunaly NO country is doing anything about the big issues of today, not america, not sweden, not france, not whateveristan. Everyone is just focusing on the inflated non issues.

Chad B is offline Banned
    Of coarse they are not being killed by all bullets, they cost too much! These soldiers are raping, starving little girls and children.

This we need to stop! Then bring in the irrigation, medicine and so on. But first, in order to get help to these people bring in the 3 million world troops to annihilate the child killers and warloards.

Bringing in supplies would do know good it they are taken by the warlords, remember it is genocide going on, mass killing of women and children inflicted by the human powers that be.

People are dieing all over the world due to natural causes like drought, disease. This genocide is different, mass torture in a confined area of the world inflicted by human power, must annihilate the sickow child rapist and murderers before there can be a sound society.

Get real.

Of coarse they are not being killed by all bullets, they cost too much! These soldiers are raping, starving little girls and children.

This we need to stop! Then bring in the irrigation, medicine and so on. But first, in order to get help to these people bring in the 3 million world troops to annihilate the child killers and warloards.

Bringing in supplies would do know good it they are taken by the warlords, remember it is genocide going on, mass killing of women and children inflicted by the human powers that be.

People are dieing all over the world due to natural causes like drought, disease. This genocide is different, mass torture in a confined area of the world inflicted by human power, must annihilate the sickow child rapist and murderers before there can be a sound society.

Get real.
    This is a regional (if your talking about Darfur) fighting whose root cause is ownership of land and water resources. You need to solve that problem to end the conflict. They are killing and raping to scare the other side it fleeing the land. Things like rape and terrorism are attention grabbing but you must put it in perspective when you compare it to the toll of preventable things like hunger and disease. Death is death whether by bullet or hunger. It's naive to think dumping 3 million troops, that's an invasion force not a peace keeping force, is going to solve the problem. Do you expect them to get rose pettles like the coalition troops got in Iraq.

Chad B is offline Banned
    This is a regional (if your talking about Darfur) fighting whose root cause is ownership of land and water resources. You need to solve that problem to end the conflict. They are killing and raping to scare the other side it fleeing the land. Things like rape and terrorism are attention grabbing but you must put it in perspective when you compare it to the toll of preventable things like hunger and disease. Death is death whether by bullet or hunger. It's naive to think dumping 3 million troops, that's an invasion force not a peace keeping force, is going to solve the problem. Do you expect them to get rose pettles like the coalition troops got in Iraq.
    Yes Dafur

Here we go again… we can reason with the child rapist and killers. Fix there problems…

Any governing power that goes raping and starving innocent children repeatedly needs to be destroyed. If you have any good whatsoever in you, you would chose to die rather than rape and kill innocent children. Period.

Get rid of the evil monsters, and then fix our fellow humans problems. This is the only way it would work.

How are you so sure about Irack? I hear that most of the population is grateful that they have been liberated. I hear only a small amount is opposing and they are getting all the media/news coverage. I hear that real-estate and the economy is better now for the public than it ever has been. I also hear what you are saying too, but it seems to me like you only hear from the liberal democrat mouth, then make definite comments. I on the other hand say that I know not if Irack is going good or bad because I am not there, I hear bias reports, and I am not God. Only time will tell...

I know one thing, many American soldiers are there with the greater good in there mind and heart, willing to sacrifice there lives which many have, there choice.

What about the innocent Sudanese who will be killed when you send tons of bombs at them as you try to topple the government? Also, what if you do topple the government. You'll will leave a power vacuum and probably start a civil war with different ethnic groups trying to gain control. Sudan could become a anarchy state ruled by warlords like Somalia and Afghanistan.

I look to many news sources and the Iraqi news doesn't look so good. The puppet government of Iraq only controls the greenzone. There is basically low level civil war going on between shia and sunnis and Iraqi is slowly disintegrating. Thousands of people dying a month. Religious fundmentalist gaining control. I'm a liberal but no democrat. The democrat bull doesn't work if you notice that almost all democratic congressman keep voting to fund the war. Go to cspan and see the votes on the war spending bill last week.

What about the innocent Sudanese who will be killed when you send tons of bombs at them as you try to topple the government? Also, what if you do topple the government. You'll will leave a power vacuum and probably start a civil war with different ethnic groups trying to gain control. Sudan could become a anarchy state ruled by warlords like Somalia and Afghanistan.

I look to many news sources and the Iraqi news doesn't look so good. The puppet government of Iraq only controls the greenzone. There is basically low level civil war going on between shia and sunnis and Iraqi is slowly disintegrating. Thousands of people dying a month. Religious fundmentalist gaining control. I'm a liberal but no democrat. The democrat bull doesn't work if you notice that almost all democratic congressman keep voting to fund the war. Go to cspan and see the votes on the war spending bill last week.
    The Green Zone is the majority of Southern Iraq, and the U.S. Military has control over the Northwestern area of Iraq. The red zone is maybe 1/5th of Iraq. The situation is rather turbulent, but I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be...

What's Wolverine doing in your avatar, sticking his claws into his head?

Chad B is offline Banned

Don’t you mean funding “operation Iraqi freedom.”

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    The Green Zone is the majority of Southern Iraq, and the U.S. Military has control over the Northwestern area of Iraq. The red zone is maybe 1/5th of Iraq. The situation is rather turbulent, but I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be...

What's Wolverine doing in your avatar, sticking his claws into his head?
    Spiderman and Wolverine got in a argument and Spiderman ended up webbing him up. He was stuck like that for a hour or so because he could pop his claws out.

The green zone is in Iraq and where the so called Iraqi government controls the country. The northern part of hasn't been much of problem. But when kurds, sunnis, and shias start to claim rights to the oil in the north, trouble will be brewing. Most of the violence is in the center of Iraq, particular in Baghdad. That makes sense, if the goverment can't control the capitol, what can they do. The Iraq health ministry released states of deaths for july and augusts and they number was something like a 100 people being killed a day. That's not including bodies that were found and it might of missed a couple of violent areas.

Don’t you mean funding “operation Iraqi freedom.”
    You can call occupation whatever you like

Chad B is offline Banned
    Yeah, the UN needs to be give aid directly to the people. Don't give aid to corrupt governments and expect it to trickle down to the people.
    Just thought I would let you know that the Sudanese government said that they will let no UN peace keepers in the region, they will be met with resistance.

So what now mister smarty?

Just thought I would let you know that the Sudanese government said that they will let no UN peace keepers in the region, they will be met with resistance.

peepants answer would be "we must talk with the Sudanese" This is the same guy that just posted how the UN should give aid instead of giving it to corrupt gov'ts......he must have forgotten about the whole "Oil for food" scandel perpetrated by many members of the UN..... i.e. the Biggest scandel in world history!

Of course they don't want UN peace Keepers, they saw how there were Nato peace keepers in Yugoslavia and how it help lead to the break up of that country. So Sudan needs to think what are your real motives for peace keepers and since you've said all governments are bad (to differing degrees), how do you know they really have the Sudanese peoples interest at heart. There are AU troops there, you can fund them and have them deliver the aid.

Chad B is offline Banned
    Of course they don't want UN peace Keepers, they saw how there were Nato peace keepers in Yugoslavia and how it help lead to the break up of that country. So Sudan needs to think what are your real motives for peace keepers and since you've said all governments are bad (to differing degrees), how do you know they really have the Sudanese peoples interest at heart. There are AU troops there, you can fund them and have them deliver the aid.
    What the FUK is aid going to do in genocide?

Let the women and children have full stomachs and medication before they are raped and slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands?

When you see bulldozers pushing tens of thousands of bodies consting of women, children, and babys into massive holes in the ground this is what you think…give them FUKing aid?
    Last edited by Chad B; 10-07-2006 at 02:13 PM.

peepants answer would be "we must talk with the Sudanese" This is the same guy that just posted how the UN should give aid instead of giving it to corrupt gov'ts......he must have forgotten about the whole "Oil for food" scandel perpetrated by many members of the UN..... i.e. the Biggest scandel in world history!
    It's seems your critical of greedy people get rich off the Oil for food program than the thousands of Iraqi citzens who suffered and died because of it. It also strengthened Saddam by more people dependent on him for food.

This is what Former secretary of state Madeleine Albright said about the sanctions on 60 minutes:

LESLEY STAHL: "...We have heard that a half a million children have died. I mean that's more children than died when-wh-in- in Hiroshima. And- and, you know, is the price worth it?"

MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it... It is a moral question. but the moral question is even a larger one. Don't we owe to the American people and to the American military and to the other countries in the region that this man not be a threat?"

STAHL: "Even with the starvation and the lack..."

ALBRIGHT: "I think, Lesley--it is hard for me to say this because I am a humane person, but my first responsibility is to make sure that United States forces do not have to go and refight the Gulf War."

What the **** is aid going to do in genocide?

Let the women and children have full stomachs and medication before they are raped and slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands?

When you see bulldozers pushing tens of thousands of bodies consting of women, children, and babys into massive holes in the ground this is what you think…give them ****ing aid?
    Well it will prevent majority of the death which are occuring at refugee camps due to starvation, thirst, and disease. It would prevent people risking leaving refugee camps to get water, food, fire wood etc. Fully funding the AU troops so they can continue protecting civillians.

Chad B is offline Banned
    Well it will prevent majority of the death which are occuring at refugee camps due to starvation, thirst, and disease. It would prevent people risking leaving refugee camps to get water, food, fire wood etc. Fully funding the AU troops so they can continue protecting civillians.
    WOW, you are impossible! This is genocide any refuge camps in the region will be all slaughtered.

Do you know what genocide is?

Again I ask you, when you see tens of thousands of bodies consisting of women, children, and babies being pushed by bulldozers into giant holes in the ground what do you think? Should we stop it? Should we fly over with fighter jets and blow up the soldiers? Remember this is nothing like Iraq, they are using weapons from WWI and sling shots, it would be like stepping on ants. I am talking about doing it strategically only hitting there army.

Chad B is offline Banned
    Are you going to answer my question or are you to prideful to change your view in front of us.

What about the thousands of women and children that are not in refuge camps. Should we let tens of thousands of bodies consisting of women, children, and babies pushed by bulldozers into giant holes in the ground, should we stop this or do you think we should not interfere?

Please answer yes we should stop it or no. Remember they just said they will not allow ANY aid and any interference will be meet with strong opposition. So is it yes or no?
    Last edited by Chad B; 10-07-2006 at 02:57 PM.

Chad B is offline Banned
    It is a real shame, if we only would have talked with Hitler a little more we could have stopped WWII and saved all those people. You know, gave him some good counseling.

Chad B is offline Banned
    Just seen on TV a 3 year old girl was gang raped by the soldiers. There is no fighting back these are just villagers who just want to go to the creek and get water without getting raped, we could walk faster than they could probably run. Terrible

It is a real shame, if we only would have talked with Hitler a little more we could have stopped WWII and saved all those people. You know, gave him some good counseling.
    exactly, if only we had gotten Hitler to lay down on the couch and talk about his mother, maybe than this whole WW2 thing could have been avoided. Peepants, Never-neverland must be beautiful this time of year........
    Last edited by Logan13; 10-08-2006 at 03:45 PM.

WOW, you are impossible! This is genocide any refuge camps in the region will be all slaughtered.

Do you know what genocide is?

Again I ask you, when you see tens of thousands of bodies consisting of women, children, and babies being pushed by bulldozers into giant holes in the ground what do you think? Should we stop it? Should we fly over with fighter jets and blow up the soldiers? Remember this is nothing like Iraq, they are using weapons from WWI and sling shots, it would be like stepping on ants. I am talking about doing it strategically only hitting there army.
    I don't know if it's a war. But it is regionally fighting that is occuring on both sides and civillians getting killed and raped. There are no soldiers there just miltia men back by the Sudanese government and rebels (this are the ones we're backing) fighting those miltia men and the goverment. How are the jets going to differenting between the groups let alone civillians when there dropping bombs. Hitting strategically is never as strategic as we think. All the while, people will be starving to death and dying from disease while they watching the bombs fly.

Are you going to answer my question or are you to prideful to change your view in front of us.

What about the thousands of women and children that are not in refuge camps. Should we let tens of thousands of bodies consisting of women, children, and babies pushed by bulldozers into giant holes in the ground, should we stop this or do you think we should not interfere?

Please answer yes we should stop it or no. Remember they just said they will not allow ANY aid and any interference will be meet with strong opposition. So is it yes or no?
    We can stop it by funding AU troops so they can guard the refugee camps and villages and protect aid convoys. This would provents the thousands of thousands of deaths that are occuring in those camps due to starvation and disease. Now answer my questions instead of dodging:

1. You said all governments are evil to varying degree. So why do you think these goverments have the best interest of the Sudanese civillians at heart?

2. How is bombing going to solve the root cause of land resource?

3. How are you going to differentiate between miltia men, rebel, and civillian when your bombing?

4. How are you going get the 3 million troops?

5. Will the troops overthrow the goverment?

6. How will you solve the disablizing affects on neighboring countries do to bombing Sudan?

7. What about the muslim world's reaction to bombing Sudan?

8. Do you realize that Darfur is about the size of France?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information