Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ** The ASK GB ANYTHING thread (diet/nutrition related) **

GB, what would you choose betweeen the two for cutting:

1.reduce carbs significantly, no cardio
    2. keep same calorie intake but provide a fair amount of cardio

I know people say well you burn the extra calories while doing cardio so then you just shouldnt eat them in the first place and just diet down with no cardio to get cut. Problem is, if you have some muscle mass on you, you need a certain amount of carbs just to maintain, go beyond the limit and you start loosing muscle too. I see people generaly like to keep it in the 100g of carbs mark, but i dont think a 200 pound man or a 240 pound man need the same carb intake.

APM
    APM is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I have read contest logs and such and people definitely do this, however I don't want to paint a picture like I have experience with contest prep, because I don't. But generally, yes - depletion to get as dry as possible, and then a big carb up prior to the contest to load those muscles up.

If you can get a hold of him, you should try bouncing this off of Fireguy. In fact, he may be working on a contest prep sticky!
    Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your honesty about not having experience with this type of prep. Just a follow up question since you said you have seen logs of this type of cutting.... If all carbs are totally taken out what is the main source of energy? Do people increase fats for that week, or is that completly counter productive? Is this week nothing but protein sources??

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleOnes View Post
    Macros during my diet are now ( 250 P , 122 C , 44 F and 2265 cal).

I looked up livestrong.com but didn't liked instead I will use dailyburn.com it is really great.

So basicly added all my regural foods and copied their food labels and added them to custom foods on the site. I will soon purchase pro version of that site and then I can use daily meal planning system.

I will use my food scale only to see how many grams of particular food I will eat on certain meal.
    I like caloriecount.com

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Sorry GB i askd u awhile back about being so hungry all the time and if it was because of the test.. U askd me what dose i was on.. Which now is 160mg/week... I suppose i was wondering if i have to just deal with it? Didnt know if being on it might enable me to eat more ? Didnt fig it would but worth a shot LOL.. Sry bout confusion
    lol ok bro, got ya!

While it's a relatively low dosage, it's possible that the test is making your feeding more efficient... meaning you could possibly eat more and achieve the same results. It's one of those things you have to try and then see how you respond.

Conversely, if you wanna be hardcore you could potentially eat LESS, achieve even better results without worrying about LBM loss. AAS muscle sparing properties. Again, the dose is relatively low so you would need to experiment a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySidewalk View Post
    GB, what would you choose betweeen the two for cutting:

1.reduce carbs significantly, no cardio
    2. keep same calorie intake but provide a fair amount of cardio

I know people say well you burn the extra calories while doing cardio so then you just shouldnt eat them in the first place and just diet down with no cardio to get cut. Problem is, if you have some muscle mass on you, you need a certain amount of carbs just to maintain, go beyond the limit and you start loosing muscle too. I see people generaly like to keep it in the 100g of carbs mark, but i dont think a 200 pound man or a 240 pound man need the same carb intake.
    Neither tbh. I'd reduce calories significantly but not to the point of starvation, and would mix in plenty of cardio. I've always been a fan of slightly higher calories + cardio vs a severe caloric deficit and no cardio (or worse, WITH cardio). Cardio has multiple benefits which we've discussed here hundreds of times, so I won't go into it now.

I would agree that a 200lb male and a 240lb male generally won't have the same caloric needs; carbs aren't necessarily the factor.

A person with a relatively significant (15% plus) amount of bodyfat to lose shouldn't be overly concerned with losing muscle. This is a hugely overblown broscience myth IMO - provided calories aren't TOO low, cardio isn't TOO intense for too long and/or at the wrong time (eg fasted). When there is fat to be burned, and it's done in a healthy way, the body will burn fat. LBM loss becomes a bigger concern when there simply isn't much fat left to be burned (10% or less).

Quote Originally Posted by APM View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your honesty about not having experience with this type of prep. Just a follow up question since you said you have seen logs of this type of cutting.... If all carbs are totally taken out what is the main source of energy? Do people increase fats for that week, or is that completly counter productive? Is this week nothing but protein sources??
    No problem!!

There is always some fat in the diet, and some carbs are present in the form of veggies, however energy is coming from a combo of dietary fat, body fat, and protein (gluconeogenesis).

Again, I want to reiterate I'm far from experienced in this area (I know YOU know, just stating this for others who might be reading). You might consider starting a thread re: contest prep dieting; some of the more seasoned guys in this area will eventually chime in.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Can basmati rice fit into a cutting diet? Using it as a sub for brown rice
    Macros are pretty close...less fat slightly more carbs

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Can basmati rice fit into a cutting diet? Using it as a sub for brown rice
    Macros are pretty close...less fat slightly more carbs
    Yep... I wouldn't have an issue with it. Nutritional value aside, they are very similar as far as dieting is concerned.

Yep... I wouldn't have an issue with it. Nutritional value aside, they are very similar as far as dieting is concerned.
    Cheers GB appreciate it! Tastes way better than brown rice IMO

These days I use all different varieties - white, brown, white/brown basmati, jasmine, wild, red, etc. Difference is negligible imo - nutritional value aside.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey GB glad to see u! looks like u got a promotion good work!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---;5868***
    hey GB glad to see u! looks like u got a promotion good work!
    Thanks bro, it was a pleasant surprise to wake up to!

now i wanna hit u with a question.. after talking to SteM and TBody i have decided to take next week off from lifting.. ive been cutting since like sept28th..i think this will complete 16 weeks saturday.. the thought behind it is to let my body heal and rest and then come back the following week with a new workout program.. just curious as to ur thoughts on the benefit of this as well as discontinuing my caloric deficit(or at least reducing it) for the week also and what benefits(if any)it may have?? i will continue cardio as usual.. thx

You might consider bodyweight/light weight exercises... consider it a deload rather than a complete week off. As for your calories... it depends on how big your deficit is. My initial thought without that info however is to lessen it; remember that if you aren't working out, your TDEE will already be lowered.

190lbs calipers(7 site) have me at 11.38%bf as of last sat.. may be off a bit but ive had the same person measuring me for 4 months and thats what they say.. started at 21.87%... based on these numbers: BMR:2037;TDEE:3157cals im currently eating 2200cals/day so a big deficit there.. add 40g carbs to that and u get me at 2400 cals max.. ??

I wouldn't necessarily up carbs... you'll be doing less activity... less of an energy requirement. I probably would bump protein however... even if via adding a shake or 2 for that week... easy enough.

interesting i understand ill be doing less activity.. so my body wont "require" xtra carbs but (and bare with me cuz im trying to learn) would u say a 16 week cut of 100g carbs per day hasnt necessarily had a cumulative wear and tear on my body so that going up on the carbs would provide me with extra "workers" to do some good/repair since ive been somewhat deprived for 4 months? or is that what the extra protein is for? current macro split is:300P/100C/55F and i was curious as to whether my body is kind of used to my current diet and by changing the macros would sort of "confuse it" so when i start back the following week it wont still be in the typical pattern its settled into for the last 16 weeks?

You don't need extra repair... your body repairs itself within days. 100g/day isn't necessarily deprivation, and tbh I doubt you've been doing severely destructive workouts while in this deficit - or your body would have let you know long ago.

The increased protein is to ensure muscle mass is preserved while not being stimulated, as well as providing additional calories via the macro least likely to be stored as bodyfat.

so in ur opinion do u think i even need a break at all?

In a large and general sense our bodies repair within days, but there will always be some residual lack of repair if you are training consistently at any level. If you were to do any activity during this de-load/re-feed phase I would recommend swimming. And it also gets our bodies thinking it's okay to relax, not be tense with the expectation of hard training, so when we come back with the training it catches our bodies off guard and jump starts growth all over again. I also think what GB is saying is that your current carb intake will technically be an increase due to your decrease in activity. I personally don't completely hold that opinion and think you could double your carbs for the whole week and be fine. I'd actually even go to the extent of eating anything and everything you want and not even keeping track of it for the whole week, doing absolutely no cardio or weight training. Not even come to the boards. Take a complete and total vacation from it all, physically, emotionally and mentally. Write your diet and workout programs that you will be changing to before you take the week off so you don't spend any energy on it at all. De-load, re-feed and de-stress!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    In a large and general sense our bodies repair within days, but there will always be some residual lack of repair if you are training consistently at any level. If you were to do any activity during this de-load/re-feed phase I would recommend swimming. And it also gets our bodies thinking it's okay to relax, not be tense with the expectation of hard training, so when we come back with the training it catches our bodies off guard and jump starts growth all over again. I also think what GB is saying is that your current carb intake will technically be an increase due to your decrease in activity. I personally don't completely hold that opinion and think you could double your carbs for the whole week and be fine. I'd actually even go to the extent of eating anything and everything you want and not even keeping track of it for the whole week, doing absolutely no cardio or weight training. Not even come to the boards. Take a complete and total vacation from it all, physically, emotionally and mentally. Write your diet and workout programs that you will be changing to before you take the week off so you don't spend any energy on it at all. De-load, re-feed and de-stress!!!
    Very true about the swimming. I swam laps practically every single day this past summer for about 25 minutes and during this time less stress and then after the summer went to the gym more often and honestly felt like a big jump start. So true.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Very true about the swimming. I swam laps practically every single day this past summer for about 25 minutes and during this time less stress and then after the summer went to the gym more often and honestly felt like a big jump start. So true.
    That right there is like running for the republican nomination for the presidential ticket and having Ronald Reagan himself endorse you!

One entire week of eating whatever you want could easily reverse the effects of 4 weeks of dieting.

Or could make all of the work you put into lifting and strict diet and fill you completely out, totally restore all levels of everything lacking and re-prime you for another round of intensity like you never before experienced.

so in ur opinion do u think i even need a break at all?
    Like I said... a break from your routine - yes. A complete break, no, I don't think you need one. Lightweight stuff, bodyweight stuff - squats, pushups, etc.

In a large and general sense our bodies repair within days, but there will always be some residual lack of repair if you are training consistently at any level.
    If that's the case, then how do or are college and pro athletes able to continue functioning at the level they do for as long as they do? This is bordering on broscience!

If you were to do any activity during this de-load/re-feed phase I would recommend swimming. And it also gets our bodies thinking it's okay to relax, not be tense with the expectation of hard training, so when we come back with the training it catches our bodies off guard and jump starts growth all over again.
    Changing ones routine and/or a week of light weight activity would do the same... without allowing the individual to become complacent and lazy.

I also think what GB is saying is that your current carb intake will technically be an increase due to your decrease in activity. I personally don't completely hold that opinion and think you could double your carbs for the whole week and be fine. I'd actually even go to the extent of eating anything and everything you want and not even keeping track of it for the whole week, doing absolutely no cardio or weight training. Not even come to the boards. Take a complete and total vacation from it all, physically, emotionally and mentally.
    TB man... I can't believe you're recommending this. I know we're friends, but I have to be objective and call it like I see it... and imo this is terrible advice. Don't take this as a personal attack - but I haven't seen you come close to single digit bodyfat - maybe it's your approach - so I don't understand advising others.

Eating anything and everything? Man, we frown on a cheat day ; and you're recommending a week? This can ruin a person, especially somebody with a history of poor eating habits, like 405 or myself. Our bodies are lazy by nature; they want to do the least amount of work possible. Indulging in that for too long isn't a good idea imo. I've done it myself; taken a complete week off... and you know what? I didn't feel more motivated at all... I was annoyed to start back up... I missed NOT having to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    One entire week of eating whatever you want could easily reverse the effects of 4 weeks of dieting.
    Bingo

Or could make all of the work you put into lifting and strict diet and fill you completely out, totally restore all levels of everything lacking and re-prime you for another round of intensity like you never before experienced.
    So could eating a planned healthy diet. TB... you've been advising 405 in his thread, and he came here for I assume another opinion. Now you're here debating that opinion. No, I don't mind debating - but you may be driving the OP crazy. Sorry, my .02

Like I said... a break from your routine - yes. A complete break, no, I don't think you need one. Lightweight stuff, bodyweight stuff - squats, pushups, etc.

valid advice, differing opinion

If that's the case, then how do college or college and pro athletes able to continue functioning at the level they do for as long as they do? This is bordering on broscience!

They don't function at the same level as the season gets longer, the playing field is just level. Every week they are more and more susceptible to injury and recovery isn't complete. Almost every athelete at these levels plays closer to 80% at best near the end of the season. Depending on the sport. Professional baseball has rotation in playing schedules to give those players the needed rest, and you are talking about people that are receiving top tier recover facilities and medical/conditioning staff. These are just a few reasons why there is a bye week built into the NFL and two weeks between the last playoff game and the super-bowl. This is an area I am intimately familiar with and no-where near broscience or the border thereof. The training for these atheletes is different in the off-season with an expectation of there to be loss of muscle during the season because training cannot be as intense during that time. Not to mention the youth factor/testosterone production level of high school/college/professional atheletes, not even an apples to apples question.

If you were to do any activity during this de-load/re-feed phase I would recommend swimming. And it also gets our bodies thinking it's okay to relax, not be tense with the expectation of hard training, so when we come back with the training it catches our bodies off guard and jump starts growth all over again.
    Changing ones routine and/or a week of light weight activity would do the same... without allowing the individual to become complacent and lazy.

valid advice, differing opinion

TB man... I can't believe you're recommending this. I know we're friends, but I have to be objective and call it like I see it... and imo this is terrible advice. Don't take this as a personal attack - but I haven't seen you come close to single digit bodyfat - maybe it's your approach - so I don't understand advising others.

Eating anything and everything? Man, we frown on a cheat day ; and you're recommending a week? This can ruin a person, especially somebody with a history of poor eating habits, like 405 or myself. Our bodies are lazy by nature; they want to do the least amount of work possible. Indulging in that for too long isn't a good idea imo. I've done it myself; taken a complete week off... and you know what? I didn't feel more motivated at all... I was annoyed to start back up... I missed NOT having to do it!

I apologize, anything and everything was an extreme exaggeration and I shouldn't have used it. I was trying to suggest that to stress about taking a break would discount all of the positive benefits from taking the break. How could I possibly not take that as personal? I am fine with it being personal, it is certainly accurate, well except up to my mid twenties, but that was just because of my youth(like college atheletes)! The OP is not you. Although my bodyfat hasn't been low I have taken weekly breaks from training every couple of months for years and always come back stronger and feel noticably different in my muscles/joints ability to handle the training again. My reommendation would only be for someone who has been consistently and intensely training, not a recreational exerciser.

Bingo

Again, I apologize for the extreme "eating whatever you want" comment.

So could eating a planned healthy diet. TB... you've been advising 405 in his thread, and he came here for I assume another opinion. Now you're here debating that opinion. No, I don't mind debating - but you may be driving the OP crazy. Sorry, my .02
    I responded to the post in this thread before seeing the same thing in his thread. The OP is an intelligent individual and gets a lot of differing information provided from knowledgable people on this board. He knows his body, and would be fully capable of ceasing any activity that he realized was not having it's desired affect. We are friends and that won't ever change.
    Last edited by tbody66; 01-19-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Contained a comment that was intended to be cute, but wasn't.

I will respond in detail when I'm not on my phone, but your last sentence speaks volumes; I was just waiting for that comment. We are going down a bad road here, but so be it. You clearly have a hang up about how staff treats/views you - Fireguy, BG... and now me. My being green has no bearing on my personality around here; I am the same person. I am more confident in my advice these days based on my accomplishments, as well as being lucky enough to work with one of if not the smartest guy on this board. I have never once presumed to know it all, and clearly state that in the first post of this thread. I also welcome debating, etc. The problem with you is that you post in every thread, explaining what GB "meant to say", etc, as if you have all the answers. The truth is - and many have echoed this sentiment - because we're friends I bite my tongue on a lot of your posts. The majority of your advice is questionable, and that's the popular opinion, not my own.

I am not looking to get into a war with you. I have enough real life stress to deal with, but I had to respond to an attack like this. I fear you just opened the flood gates for an all out assault...

Good morning fellas!! man i sleep in til 11am and everything goes to hell in a handbasket I too am on my cellphone(puter doesnt work at home,yeh i live in the country)..

I feel kinda bad for starting this topic.. When i started my cut i started at 160g carbs/day eating slightly less protein and fat and did see some fatloss if i remember correctly.. After consulting with SteM decided to reduce carbs further to 100g/day and increased protein which increased fat a little..

I wanted to get GBs take on this situation cuz i think its good to get many perspectives...im definitely here to learn from you guys cuz i know yall know ur stuff.. An example of differences would be that GB subscribes to the carb cycle while SteM sticks with low carb.. Both work for fatloss(i am proof of low carb cuz thats what i have been doing) and i think GB carb cycles and u can look at him and tell it works as well as many others...i think its good for all of us to step out of our boxes at least enuff to hear other opinions/beliefs in method of diet and training that way we dont limit ourselves to only one style of diet.. Im sorry that it caused such a heated topic to arise..

On a positive note i weighed in this am at 188lbs! now i know weight is not the final answer to reaching goals but i havent been in the 180s since 2005... And i still have the same strength or a little more actually than when i started this cut 4 months ago at 213lbs... Thats 25lbs in 16 weeks with a higher LBM than when i started!!

I hope we can keep rolling together thru this topicnandncome out the other end all still being "mates" as SteM would say... Although according to his definition of mate its someone u know but woukdnt necessarily have a drink with.. Id have a drink with all u guys just a non-alcoholic one now i have some fasted HIIT cardio to do...

GaBrown is offline New Member
    What would an 18 year old expect from four months of HGH ???
    Last edited by GaBrown; 01-19-2012 at 11:08 AM.

I will respond in detail when I'm not on my phone, but your last sentence speaks volumes; I was just waiting for that comment. We are going down a bad road here, but so be it. You clearly have a hang up about how staff treats/views you - Fireguy, BG... and now me. My being green has no bearing on my personality around here; I am the same person. I am more confident in my advice these days based on my accomplishments, as well as being lucky enough to work with one of if not the smartest guy on this board. I have never once presumed to know it all, and clearly state that in the first post of this thread. I also welcome debating, etc. The problem with you is that you post in every thread, explaining what GB "meant to say", etc, as if you have all the answers. The truth is - and many have echoed this sentiment - because we're friends I bite my tongue on a lot of your posts. The majority of your advice is questionable, and that's the popular opinion, not my own.

I am not looking to get into a war with you. I have enough real life stress to deal with, but I had to respond to an attack like this. I fear you just opened the flood gates for an all out assault...
    Well this certainly is an un-pleasant twist. I respect you and FG and anything that I presented in a manner that led anyone to believe that I didn't I am truly sorry for. Sorry that I can't place who BG is right now. I can certainly see in my posts where I have done exactly what you said about "explaining" your posts, and I am also sorry for that, not how I intended them to come off. I always thought that I have consistently presented that my area of expertise is the workouts and not the diet, although I have presented opinions about diet/nutrition. I do hope that the majority of advice that is questionable would not be workout related, but whatever it is it is. I would hope to at least get some credit for admitting when I am wrong, which I have recently done with all of my cardio comments. I have tons of things going on in my personal life as well and felt as if I was a benefit to those on these boards so take the time to participate. I will certainly stick around to allow all who desire to present me with their comments and advice for "the flood gates for an all out assault" that I have opened, I hope that those people will do so. I will take all information presented and allow it to help me to become a better person, better equipped to help myself and others. This is your thread for you to provide information and advice to people who want to hear from you because you are a knowledgable and respected member of these boards, and always have been. Please forgive me for the hi-jack and taking anything away from what you were attempting to accomplish. Not that you need it but I fully endorse and support you and your opinions.

lol ok bro, got ya!

While it's a relatively low dosage, it's possible that the test is making your feeding more efficient... meaning you could possibly eat more and achieve the same results. It's one of those things you have to try and then see how you respond.

Conversely, if you wanna be hardcore you could potentially eat LESS, achieve even better results without worrying about LBM loss. AAS muscle sparing properties. Again, the dose is relatively low so you would need to experiment a bit.
    I was hoping u were gonna say something like that! i am very cautious when it comes to experimentation.. So i think i may make subtle changes occasionally over time and see how it affects me.. An example is some nites im starving before bed after ive eaten all my food for the day.. So i have added 1egg and 5 whites And 3 oz lean burger thrown in a pan and scrambled and it went fine with no noticeable probs as a result This is not an everyday thing mind u just when i feel like i have to eat again

Id say you have answered this a million times GB so sorry in advanced..

What is your views on the whole "magical window" after a workout? I am just researching it, trying to broaden my knowledge of all aspects of dieting and came across it.
    A number of different views like "must have simple carbs" so on... And the purpose of spiking insulin PWO. Thanks

Would just like a different view from someone I trust when it comes to nutrtion.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    Id say you have answered this a million times GB so sorry in advanced..

What is your views on the whole "magical window" after a workout? I am just researching it, trying to broaden my knowledge of all aspects of dieting and came across it.
    A number of different views like "must have simple carbs" so on... And the purpose of spiking insulin PWO. Thanks

Would just like a different view from someone I trust when it comes to nutrtion.
    Cheers
    It might already be addressed in this thread, and I briefly discussed it in my cutting 101 sticky, but I don't mind touching on it again!

I think the 'anabolic window' is complete horseshit. I think it's a great marketing scheme drummed up by supplement companies to get people to buy their overpriced protein powders and the like. With a solid preworkout meal in your gut, you hardly need to worry about your 'starving' muscles. Furthermore, there are studies that show protein synthesis actually INCREASES several hours pwo, so the idea of the magic window closing is asinine. One could argue that later meals are more beneficial than the ever vital pwo meal. *end sarcasm*

Note that I am not in any way against eating a pwo meal, I eat one myself. However that's simply because it falls at the right time for my eating schedule. I no longer worry if I'm in the gym longer, or have to make a stop somewhere after the gym before I get to eat.

It might already be addressed in this thread, and I briefly discussed it in my cutting 101 sticky, but I don't mind touching on it again!

I think the 'anabolic window' is complete horseshit. I think it's a great marketing scheme drummed up by supplement companies to get people to buy their overpriced protein powders and the like. With a solid preworkout meal in your gut, you hardly need to worry about your 'starving' muscles. Furthermore, there are studies that show protein synthesis actually INCREASES several hours pwo, so the idea of the magic window closing is asinine. One could argue that later meals are more beneficial than the ever vital pwo meal. *end sarcasm*

Note that I am not in any way against eating a pwo meal, I eat one myself. However that's simply because it falls at the right time for my eating schedule. I no longer worry if I'm in the gym longer, or have to make a stop somewhere after the gym before I get to eat.
    Clears up alot... thanks GB

Quote Originally Posted by GaBrown View Post
    What would an 18 year old expect from four months of HGH ???
    Nothing... because IMO an 18 year old has no business using GH... plain and simple, sorry!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    what color are your bathroom walls
    sorry i had to lighten up the thread
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Good morning fellas!! man i sleep in til 11am and everything goes to hell in a handbasket I too am on my cellphone(puter doesnt work at home,yeh i live in the country)..

I feel kinda bad for starting this topic.. When i started my cut i started at 160g carbs/day eating slightly less protein and fat and did see some fatloss if i remember correctly.. After consulting with SteM decided to reduce carbs further to 100g/day and increased protein which increased fat a little..

I wanted to get GBs take on this situation cuz i think its good to get many perspectives...im definitely here to learn from you guys cuz i know yall know ur stuff.. An example of differences would be that GB subscribes to the carb cycle while SteM sticks with low carb.. Both work for fatloss(i am proof of low carb cuz thats what i have been doing) and i think GB carb cycles and u can look at him and tell it works as well as many others...i think its good for all of us to step out of our boxes at least enuff to hear other opinions/beliefs in method of diet and training that way we dont limit ourselves to only one style of diet.. Im sorry that it caused such a heated topic to arise..

On a positive note i weighed in this am at 188lbs! now i know weight is not the final answer to reaching goals but i havent been in the 180s since 2005... And i still have the same strength or a little more actually than when i started this cut 4 months ago at 213lbs... Thats 25lbs in 16 weeks with a higher LBM than when i started!!

I hope we can keep rolling together thru this topicnandncome out the other end all still being "mates" as SteM would say... Although according to his definition of mate its someone u know but woukdnt necessarily have a drink with.. Id have a drink with all u guys just a non-alcoholic one now i have some fasted HIIT cardio to do...
    you have absolutely no reason to apologize.
    And congratulations on your results
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    you have absolutely no reason to apologize.
    And congratulations on your results
    thx bro

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    what color are your bathroom walls
    sorry i had to lighten up the thread
    Grr, you bastard!!!

Is it possible to gain weight on a caloric deficit by adding muscle? Or at best would you stay the same? What I mean is, if I'm consuming x fewer calories than my TDEE and say burning an additional y from cardio and I'm burning fat to provide energy and adding muscle during the same time could you gain weight? Would the answer be any different if you were on cycle?

Thread Information