Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supplements

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    CMON GUYS let get some more supps on here what are you using that u like & why? What have you used that you dont like & why?

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    Supps I like:

1. Cinnamon
    2. Fish Oil
    3. Casein/Whey Protein. HIGH QUALITY of course.
    4. CLEAN DIET/FOOD - ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL
    5. Creatine Monohydrate/Krealklyn - I distrust every other creatine besides these.
    6. BCAA's
    7. multi vitamin
    8. B-12 (I have a deficiency, but it's a great supp).
    9. Mona Vie (not really a supplement per se, but it's good stuff)
    10. Cayenne Pepper
    11. Zinc

These are some of my favorite supps. They don't promise anything "life changing" or anything, but they are definitely great supplements that you really can't go wrong with.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i've only tried a couple, and nothing by itself, just things like cell tech, no xplode, nano vapor, xyience cg3, and protein

cell tech didn't put much weight on but i got a lot stronger.
    the preworkout things, they stopped working after about a week of it, even when i took like 3.5 scoops of nano vapor it didn't do much besides give me a headache.
    protein, i guess it helps?

very interesting thread though

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RATTLEHEAD View Post
    Supps I like:

1. Cinnamon
    2. Fish Oil
    3. Casein/Whey Protein. HIGH QUALITY of course.
    4. CLEAN DIET/FOOD - ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL
    5. Creatine Monohydrate/Krealklyn - I distrust every other creatine besides these.
    6. BCAA's
    7. multi vitamin
    8. B-12 (I have a deficiency, but it's a great supp).
    9. Mona Vie (not really a supplement per se, but it's good stuff)
    10. Cayenne Pepper
    11. Zinc

These are some of my favorite supps. They don't promise anything "life changing" or anything, but they are definitely great supplements that you really can't go wrong with.
    after many years my supp pref and yours seems to be pretty similar ...as well as our.."cant go wrong with mindset".Thanks for sharing the list ...btw whats mona vie...is that acai berry juice or something?
    Nevermind i just searched it...thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    i've only tried a couple, and nothing by itself, just things like cell tech, no xplode, nano vapor, xyience cg3, and protein

cell tech didn't put much weight on but i got a lot stronger.
    the preworkout things, they stopped working after about a week of it, even when i took like 3.5 scoops of nano vapor it didn't do much besides give me a headache.
    protein, i guess it helps?

very interesting thread though
    Thanks T - Good input ....keep checking ths thread out and give your input and opinion on the supps....its apprecaited....

np, i'm also interested in the waxy maize thing, i would try it if it seemed to help. it seems pretty cheap so why not

Yea man, Mona vie is great. I never get sick. I take a shot or two of it every day. I'll post more in depth about specific supps when I get a little more time. The holidays have been taking over my life lately though. Too much damn work!

Blog Entries
    ^^^ *L* i hear you bro ...looking forward to more info input from you ...

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Supps....hmmm

Don't buy:
    -Nitrotech
    -Aplodan
    -Vitakic
    -Leukic
    -Creakic
    -Cryotest
    -Myoshock
    -Anator p70
    -GNC whey protein complex
    -Celltech (unless you can find for nice price)
    -Creatine ethyl esters
    -Pronabolin
    -Liquid Amino complex
    -Anything that promises gains anywhere near as good as steroids

ray0414 is offline Member
    i keep my supps in pure form as much as possible. the original NO2 by MRI was simply amazing, the pumps were unreal and my veins were definitely bigger and friends at the gym could all tell. but its a lil expensive so i dont use it anymore, i just take regular AAKG. and i am a definite responder to creatine, when i first started taking it in high school my bench max was 160 and was stuck there for a while, within days of loading on creatine i was benching 170 and i felt on top of the world lol ( i was like 15 and 125lbs lol). and even to this day if i stop taking it my bench goes down and the weight feels much heavier and i found that if i take a few grams right before i work out my endurance on chest is pretty darn good. and i have been taking glutamine on and off for a while now, never really seen any difference from it.

^^ yeah good creatine always made my bench go up. cell tech got me from 230 to 270 twice weighing 170.

lol iron, pretty much nothing muscletech? i agree with that, i got a 7lb cell tech for $25 from a friend and that was all i've used of theirs but it seems decent, but usually is way too expensive

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Nitrotech-I refuse to pay $12-$14 per pound for nothing special whey protein.
    Anator-BS
    Leukic-BCAAs without any valine or isoleucine, no thanks
    Creakic - Overpriced creatine
    Aplodan - Works with your genes....no it doesn't
    Myoshock - I actually liked the effects of it. It woke me right up after only getting 4 hrs of sleep. Crashed after about 2 hours. (has 400 mg of caffeine per serving, more than there own hydroxycut hardcore)
    Vitakic - Cut the price in half and I'll consider buying it.

Cryotest - Get more effective stuff for less than half the price.
    L-Carnitine Fumarate- Epimedium brevicornum extract (standardized for 10% flavones)
    Serona repens extract (fruit)- Haematococcus pluvialis extract
    N-acetyl l-carnitine- GABA(gamma-amino butyric acid)
    Yohimbe HCL (as Pausinystalia yohimbe)(bark) 3-methyl-1,2-cyclopentanedione (3-MCP)
    Eucommia ulmoides extract (leaf)-Avena Sativa extract (aerial parts)
    Eurycoma lonifolia extract (leaf) - Ptychopetalum olacoides (bark)
    Melatonin (n-acetyl 5-methoxytryptamine)- Panax quinquefolius extract (root) (Standardized for 5% ginsenosides)
    Nothing special

Celltech - Sugar loaded creatine that will definitely spike your insulin . Wayyy to expensive. Buy some dextrose 2lbs 4 $3.30 & container of micronized creatine monohydrate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    i keep my supps in pure form as much as possible. the original NO2 by MRI was simply amazing, the pumps were unreal and my veins were definitely bigger and friends at the gym could all tell. but its a lil expensive so i dont use it anymore, i just take regular AAKG. and i am a definite responder to creatine, when i first started taking it in high school my bench max was 160 and was stuck there for a while, within days of loading on creatine i was benching 170 and i felt on top of the world lol ( i was like 15 and 125lbs lol). and even to this day if i stop taking it my bench goes down and the weight feels much heavier and i found that if i take a few grams right before i work out my endurance on chest is pretty darn good. and i have been taking glutamine on and off for a while now, never really seen any difference from it.
    Ray Ive found the same as far as supps in pure form ...main ingredients in pure form many times work just as well (better in some cases as i can adjust effective dose) and and are cheaper and don give me other ingredients i dont want or have seen questionable studies on effectiveness or safety.

yeah iron, i love their fake claims on everything. the aplodan is pretty funny. the cell tech does its job, but i hardly gained weight on it at all. my diet probably wasn't the best but i guess its good i didn't get fat either. i was thinking of trying the dextrose + creatine

I'm telling you man, if you've never tried Krealkalyn, try it. I swear I've tried all kinds of creatine and I literally wanted to give it up and never waste my money on it again. until I tried Krealk. It gave me muscle cramps slightly, but it was worth it because I felt great. I felt like my muscles were tighter than they've ever been before. i was taking halodrol at the time, but I supplemented with 2 different creatine products at the time, and the there was a clear difference in the way I looked and felt while on krealk. btw, the muscle cramps subsided when I stopped the krealk and decided to just cycle the halodrol. So i'm pretty convinced the cramps were triggered by the creatine.

i'll give it a try. i've heard good things about it, so after i get my car i'll look to spend a little on that too

FITFANATIK is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up The #1 antioxidant formulation on the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by RATTLEHEAD View Post
    Yea man, Mona vie is great. I never get sick. I take a shot or two of it every day. I'll post more in depth about specific supps when I get a little more time. The holidays have been taking over my life lately though. Too much damn work!
    I'd say Mona vie is the real deal! I have been doing two 1.5oz serv./day since nov5/08.
    In that time my post muscle soreness has been noticably reduced, and my hair and nails are growing like crazy! The cost of the product is well worth it, and you can get it for FREE, it you play your cards right!

MonaVie is an exquisite health drink, destined to make a profound difference in the lives of countless peoples of the world.The formulators of MonaVie, driven by a passion for helping humanity and bringing abundance into the lives of many, have created the consummate blend of 19 health-promoting fruits from the four corners of the earth. These fruits are: ACAI, CRANBERRY, BILBERRY, WHITE GRAPE ,PASSION FRUIT ,CAMU CAMU, ACEROLA, BANANA, WOLFBERRY, APPLE, APRICOT, POMAGRANATE, PEAR, PRUNE, PURPLE GRAPE, ARONIA, KIWI, LYCHEE FRUIT, AND BLUBERRY.
    The Crown Jewel in the MonaVie formula is the ACAI berry, found only high atop towering palm trees in the lush, Amazon Rain Forest of South America.With 15 TIMES the antioxidants of grapes and twice the antioxidants of blueberries, the Brazilian Acai berry (AH-sci-EE) is considered to have the BEST NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF ANY FRUIT ON EARTH!. With the symmetry of a grape and the size of a giant blueberry, the Acai fruit tastes a bit like wild raspberry with a hint of grape. Most people have trouble putting their finger on the taste because it's so different.
    The Acai Berry is a dense source of a particular class of flavonoids called anthocyanins. Acai Berry's ORAC value (a measure of its antioxidant properties), is higher than any other edible berry on the planet! Scientifically, the Acai berry stands up to the praise and the scrutiny. This little, dark purple berry that dangles in clusters from the 25 foot Acai palm, nutritionally, has the ingredients of an ideal food:
    ~the protein profile of an egg
    ~essential fatty acids (***** 3,6, and 9)
    ~a low glycemic index
    ~a leading source of anthocyanins
    ~high in fiber
    ~more than 16 phytonutrients and anti-oxidants
    ~copious amounts of trace (i.e. Co, Cr, Cu, Mo) and macro minerals (i.e. Ca, Fe)
    ~packed with vitamins, including natural vitamin E (mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols)
    ~an excellent source of plant sterols, particularly Beta-Sitosterol

...just a few of the benifits!

ONLY 4OZ OF THIS NUTRIENT DENSE COCKTAIL = 13 SERVINGS OF THE PLANETS FINEST FRUITS AND VEGATABLES!!

Here's a link on the acai berry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk28hg0olxo

A link to the story of Monavie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud5J6o0eJH8

Testimonials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvgw_jceqZg

A link to order your own: http://www.thegreatproduct.com/themissinglink

Hope this helps.

wow... if i weren't crazy i might say you own an acai farm

TheJuicer is offline Member
    At $45 a bottle for a week supply...thats not for me.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ *L* agreed x2...

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuicer View Post
    At $45 a bottle for a week supply...thats not for me.
    yeah at $180.00 a month that ain't gone happen.

on amazon its less than a dollar an ounce, but still is very expensive. the bottles are amazing looking though

ralph4u2c is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    np, i'm also interested in the waxy maize thing, i would try it if it seemed to help. it seems pretty cheap so why not
    my thoughts and input on waxy maize found here

I try to stick to reputable brands and cover most of my basics. My typical stash of basics consist of:

*Controlled Labs Orange Triad - multivitamin, joint care, digestion, immune+
    *NOW Fish oil - need i say more
    *Anabolic Innovation's Life Support - great for males
    *All The Whey Protein Blend - for PWO
    *Xtreme Formulations UP1 - good casein blend before bed, great quality

Blog Entries
    ^^^ one thing of interest here with waxy maize was jackjackson tested his blood glucose levels after waxy maize and it didnt increase dramatically - actually very minimal increase- making me wonder if the rapid digestion truly did limit blood glucose increase making it beneficial for low carb diet situations?
    any thoughts?
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 01-03-2009 at 07:11 PM.

ralph4u2c is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    ^^^ one thing of interest here with waxy maize was jackjackson tested his blood glucose levels after waxy maize and it didnt increase dramatically - actually very minimal increase- making me wonder if the rapid digestion truly did limit blood glucose increase making it beneficial for low carb diet situations?
    any thoughts?
    how and when was the testing administered? waxy maize is claimed to be rapidly absorbed within an hour or so by the small intestines. i think with the quick absorption and many other factors that contribute it may be difficult to pinpoint an exact answer. a persons daily diet, specially pre/during workout can greatly effect this level too making WMS's effects minimal in some cases.

this is why i like real food

Blog Entries
    ^^^ def true with the real food...jack has a log in the diet forum here re: blood glucose...interesting stuff .....even excluding the waxy maize result (obviously only 1 case with specific circumsatances but it was very interesting) he tested blood suagar levels regularly throughout the day ...one day low card...the other high carb...its a good read....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information