Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1165Likes

Thread: Wango back at the grind

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Rock solid push workout this morning with a little abs. I gave the legs a day off, so no cardio.

Pyramided up to weights I hadn’t used since August ( when I was going heavier) so strength has bounced back quicker than expected.

Getting some more much needed rain here, that due to our brilliant system flows directly into the ocean. Getting tired and frankly scared about this water shortage. Seriously, what’s going to happen when Hoover Damn isn’t cranking out electricity?

The world is going to hell in a hen basket, then again, what else is new? Oh, here’s one, is Tua’s career possibly in jeopardy?
    Cylon357 likes this.

Was going to emphasize cardio at the gym, but my wife & the beautiful weather convinced me to walk. 4.75 miles at the park. I broke a mild sweat, but man doing it when it’s sunny and in the 60’s vs. sunny and in the 90’s is a heck of a lot nicer !
    Cylon357 likes this.

As expected, the legs were a bit toasted today, so only a push day and abs (3 different ab movements, 2 sets each). I continue to be thrilled with the sheer variety of machines they have @ our PF. Repairs happen instantly and the place is clean & open as can be. It’s on the second floor with an entire border of windows looking over Ventura blvd. Perfect gym to end my years & training career at!

Yesterday was beautiful and sunny, today is gloomy and drizzling. Fires all lit and drinking what’s left of the coffee. Amazon needs to give me a reward, the volume of books I’ve ordered in the past month has been ridiculous. My wife loves e-books on her iPad, I’m an old school hardcover guy.

Blessed & thankful.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    As expected, the legs were a bit toasted today, so only a push day and abs (3 different ab movements, 2 sets each). I continue to be thrilled with the sheer variety of machines they have @ our PF. Repairs happen instantly and the place is clean & open as can be. It’s on the second floor with an entire border of windows looking over Ventura blvd. Perfect gym to end my years & training career at!

Yesterday was beautiful and sunny, today is gloomy and drizzling. Fires all lit and drinking what’s left of the coffee. Amazon needs to give me a reward, the volume of books I’ve ordered in the past month has been ridiculous. My wife loves e-books on her iPad, I’m an old school hardcover guy.

Blessed & thankful.
    Me too, man, though I enjoy a good dog eared paperback as well!
    wango likes this.

Correction, yesterday was a pull day.

However.

As the day progressed my right thigh started acting up from the walk and my shoulder was hurting from my last push day. My fault in each case as both instances were a tad over enthusiastic. Advil, rest and reading. NFL on Sunday, should be right as rain on Monday.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Correction, yesterday was a pull day.

However.

As the day progressed my right thigh started acting up from the walk and my shoulder was hurting from my last push day. My fault in each case as both instances were a tad over enthusiastic. Advil, rest and reading. NFL on Sunday, should be right as rain on Monday.
    And you should be able to see the "Battle of LA" when the Chargers play host (somehow) to the Rams. I'm jealous of that bit of scheduling, though it might keep you from seeing a more interesting game!

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    And you should be able to see the "Battle of LA" when the Chargers play host (somehow) to the Rams. I'm jealous of that bit of scheduling, though it might keep you from seeing a more interesting game!
    I’m a sucker for NFL Redzone, really dig it. It’s just non-stop without commercials & you get the impression that anything that happens worth knowing about is shown. Kinda cool. Gotta head to SoFi one day, I just hate traffic & the hassle of crowds (well let’s just say being around people, period). Maybe it’s do best I just watch it on tv.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Week 28.

Cold and wet weather do not gel with old and arthritic shoulders.

Push day, but eliminated a couple of the more stressful shoulder movements. Dropped resistance and kept reps around 10-12 in order to keep pain very minimal. Added some abs.

HIIT elliptical: 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 3. Then later:
    2-1, 2-1, 5.

Grooving on my wife’s bean, bacon and smoked turkey soup. Hoping for a productive & favorable 2023.

What the heck happened to the Vikings yesterday? Purdy keeps rolling. Stoked for tonight’s matchup!

Blessed and thankful.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Week 28.

Cold and wet weather do not gel with old and arthritic shoulders.

Push day, but eliminated a couple of the more stressful shoulder movements. Dropped resistance and kept reps around 10-12 in order to keep pain very minimal. Added some abs.

HIIT elliptical: 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 3. Then later:
    2-1, 2-1, 5.

Grooving on my wife’s bean, bacon and smoked turkey soup. Hoping for a productive & favorable 2023.

What the heck happened to the Vikings yesterday? Purdy keeps rolling. Stoked for tonight’s matchup!

Blessed and thankful.
    I think the Vikings have been overrated all season, but the record is what it is. If the rest of the NFC North weren't so bad or if the NFC South were better, the Vikings would be in trouble.
    wango likes this.

Was a complete sloth yesterday, in a funk. Honestly, after watching sports with interest since the late 60’s; I’ve never seen anything quite like Monday night. I wish logistically the season could be pushed back one week. I’m hoping this kid didn’t suffer too much brain damage by a possible lack of oxygen. Prayers.

OK, seriously nice pull workout today. Smith machines were taken nonstop so no squats, but got some single leg, leg pressing in.

HIIT on stationary cycle: 2-1. 2-1, 2-1, 3. Then finished off the morning on the treadmill, trying to keep up with my wife. It’s been fun, she’s been with me every step with this journey and she is as motivated as myself. She’s one year older than me, but has lost so much weight, she’s lighter than anytime I’ve know her for 40 + years.

We both were worried that co-existing with each other 24/7 after retirement could be disastrous, but the 2 of us are doing wonderfully.

Blessed and thankful.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Not the greatest of training weeks but still got in a few solid workouts.

Today was a favorite movement day, then abs & 4 sets of super slow one legged leg-presses.

Actually a bit of a landmark day on the elliptical which I used to absolutely despise because it kicked my ass. 2-1,2-1,2-1,2-1, 3 and kept my heart rate over 120 most of the time.

So relieved the NFL player is recovering well. I honestly was not looking forward to football as much this weekend and was feeling guilty if I was going to watch at all. I was talking to an old gym buddy in his 70’s and a sports fan. He agreed, he was strongly affected and never saw anything like this before.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Not the greatest of training weeks but still got in a few solid workouts.

Today was a favorite movement day, then abs & 4 sets of super slow one legged leg-presses.

Actually a bit of a landmark day on the elliptical which I used to absolutely despise because it kicked my ass. 2-1,2-1,2-1,2-1, 3 and kept my heart rate over 120 most of the time.

So relieved the NFL player is recovering well. I honestly was not looking forward to football as much this weekend and was feeling guilty if I was going to watch at all. I was talking to an old gym buddy in his 70’s and a sports fan. He agreed, he was strongly affected and never saw anything like this before.
    Now Hamlin is like "you stopped the game?? Dammit, we had home field on the line!" lol

He might not have been that extreme, but evidently one of the first things he asked was "did we win?"

I did see that he is off the ventilator entirely, no tube or anything. This is great.
    wango likes this.

What a difference 6 days makes! So stoked for Hamlin and the teams that I really wanted to win yesterday did. And the single team that I REALLY wanted to lose yesterday did as well. See ya Aaron Rogers! That’s 2 years in a row you get eliminated from post season play while at home, with good ole Lambeau field weather and you loose to arguably far inferior QB’s.

Favorite movements day, single leg, leg press (whoa, added 5 pounds) and added on single leg knee extension. A little abs, but light on the elliptical.

Digging the rainy, cooler weather and the fireplace. Thinking I’ll coast/cruise for 4-8 weeks. Even dropping the TRT from 180 to 120. Mirror and scale holding steady, which is my primary objective for a bit. That and get this left leg somewhat balanced to the right one conditioning wise.

Damn my baby is whipping up some nice cold weather stews and soups, plus she goes super light on carbs other than veggies.

Blessed and thankful!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Pretty much a repeat of Monday.

However, I deliberately skipped 2 days of atenolol to try cardio with it out of my system. Yikes! I did elliptical HIIT: 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 6. Where normally my HR would stay steady at 120 and maybe peak at 125; today? It stayed steady at 140 and got as high as 150.

No added stress, nor was my breathing rate changed, but I thought that after so many years of it never going that high, that I’d deliberately cool it those last 6 minutes just in case.

Feeling good, shoulder is back to normal plus got a beauty of a NY strip steak for tonight!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Pretty much a repeat of Monday.

However, I deliberately skipped 2 days of atenolol to try cardio with it out of my system. Yikes! I did elliptical HIIT: 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 6. Where normally my HR would stay steady at 120 and maybe peak at 125; today? It stayed steady at 140 and got as high as 150.

No added stress, nor was my breathing rate changed, but I thought that after so many years of it never going that high, that I’d deliberately cool it those last 6 minutes just in case.

Feeling good, shoulder is back to normal plus got a beauty of a NY strip steak for tonight!
    Way to go getting the heart rate up there, at least without falling over!
    wango likes this.

Way to go getting the heart rate up there, at least without falling over!
    TY, lol. I felt fine, but why push it too hard. As I train later & later, I occasionally think, damn, could I die at the gym unexpectedly? I’ll have to do some research about doing cardio on atenolol as cardio is playing a much larger role for me, these days.

Took a short walk around the park and saw this at our local high school baseball field on the way back home. Interesting choice at third base and short stop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-507d5e15-f34e-4199-ac26-00cf13921ca5.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS and Cylon357 like this.

Blog Entries
    Took a short walk around the park and saw this at our local high school baseball field on the way back home. Interesting choice at third base and short stop.
    Brother, I have looked at those as close as I can, and all I can think is "oh shit, hyenas!" but that can't be right lol!
    wango likes this.

Brother, I have looked at those as close as I can, and all I can think is "oh shit, hyenas!" but that can't be right lol!
    My wife saw them first because there is a third that is lying there injured. My wife actually thought that they were standing guard over their comrade.

Turns out they are fake coyotes (we have lots of coyotes in our neighborhood (pets and small children indeed be aware). I went to stand up the third, but it’s leg was broken off. I’m thinking they are guarding other critters from messing with the newly planted grass on the field. Why the gates were open (it’s all private fields) is a mystery. That field and a few others next to it belong to private schools, the entire complex is pretty amazing.

And along comes me walking on the newly planted grass to save the downed coyote

Cylon357 likes this.

Monday - Wednesday: when the wife’s away, the husband will???? Light a fire from 7 am till 6. Plop my butt in my favorite chair in front of the fireplace; then read, nap, watch the birds (or the fire, which is oddly fixating & like meditation) & feed the squirrels when they come up to the slider.

Wife is back; today was a little of everything day but no cardio. Still focused on that left leg as well. Eating at a definite calorie deficit because simply my calorie expenditure is so low. And definitely eating clean, still with minimal carbs (except veggies) and zero junk food.

Sticking with my TRT of 120mg./wk. In full coast/cruise mode for at least another 6 weeks. Mirror & scale holding steady.

Just lit a fire, time for “recovery” from this morning’s workout.

Should be an interesting weekend of NFL action.

Blessed and thankful.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Elliptical, stationary cycle, treadmill & abs.

Fixed a toilet, changed some light bulbs & now I’m positively spent, lol.

Time for the fireplace and arm curls with a wine glass; maybe amuse myself by following the shenanigans in the lounge, wtf
    Cylon357 likes this.

Nice pull day, but have to work around the extra New Years resolution crowd. Not a problem in my book if you ain’t just sitting on some equipment and using your phone.

Left leg feeling stronger and added a plate to the machine. Got some elliptical in as well.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Nice pull day, but have to work around the extra New Years resolution crowd. Not a problem in my book if you ain’t just sitting on some equipment and using your phone.

Left leg feeling stronger and added a plate to the machine. Got some elliptical in as well.
    Those are what I call "resolutinaries", a combination of 'resolution' and 'revolutionary(ies)'. They attack like zealots for the first 2 to 6 weeks of the year, then just magically disappear!
    wango likes this.

Those are what I call "resolutinaries", a combination of 'resolution' and 'revolutionary(ies)'. They attack like zealots for the first 2 to 6 weeks of the year, then just magically disappear!
    Yup! I give ‘em credit for at least trying however (as long as they don’t waste a piece of equipment needlessly).

Burning calories doing home related stuff today. I figure if I’m moving, I’m accomplishing something at least.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Solid push workout today. The wife wasn’t with me so my time restrictions weren’t there. Bumped up the volume a bit and it felt good.

Left leg work. Slid the seat closer so now at 95-100 degrees of knee flexion. Had to drop the weight tho. Single leg knee extension. Added alternating lunges, but need arm assistance.

A little abs and finished with treadmill. Left glute & quads very pleasantly toasted.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Damn good pull day! Didn’t do any cardio and used that time on adding a couple of exercises & an extra set to every movement. Also got some abs & obliques in as well.

Felt strong & perky today, & feeling just fine with dropping to 120mg./wk. Plus I have been and continue building quite a reserve of extra testosterone . Thinking I’ll do a 16 week “blast” with 300 per week this Summer.

Wanting to eliminate the temptation & strongly considering breaking up & dumping my multiple vials of tren . What’s the point at this stage honestly?

Got this new gym close to us called Zoo Culture. Apparently it’s quite the rage and equipped up the wazoo. Just want to give it a look see to see what all the hubbub is about, but no way I’m abandoning PF.

Fresh2death is offline Junior Member
    Damn good pull day! Didn’t do any cardio and used that time on adding a couple of exercises & an extra set to every movement. Also got some abs & obliques in as well.

Felt strong & perky today, & feeling just fine with dropping to 120mg./wk. Plus I have been and continue building quite a reserve of extra testosterone . Thinking I’ll do a 16 week “blast” with 300 per week this Summer.

Wanting to eliminate the temptation & strongly considering breaking up & dumping my multiple vials of tren . What’s the point at this stage honestly?

Got this new gym close to us called Zoo Culture. Apparently it’s quite the rage and equipped up the wazoo. Just want to give it a look see to see what all the hubbub is about, but no way I’m abandoning PF.
    You pulled labs on 120? I'm considering tweaking mine down a little

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh2death View Post
    You pulled labs on 120? I'm considering tweaking mine down a little
    No, but from doing TRT a bit and past BW through the years, I’m thinking I’ll be around 500-600 total. For my goals right now, this will be fine. Im interested in what it will do to my blood pressure, & in a few months will run a lipid & liver panel. All three, tho not at concerning levels, would benefit from a bit of a drop. This is a bit of a “just for the heck of it”experiment.

Did another push day today, but really modified it since it’s only 48 hours after my last push day. Just don’t want to push my luck with my shoulders.

Minimal pressing, kept it light with high reps. Cable & machine flies for chest. Always in love with the seated deltoid lateral raise machine & couldn’t live without it.

Single leg, leg press & knee extension. Tried lunges again, but my leg said no shortly into the second set. A little abs and no cardio.

Checked out a new gym that opened locally that is pretty trendy apparently. It might be a good second gym this Spring & Summer when I hit things harder again. There’s very little there that I can use for chest & delts, but I could manage a solid pull workout & my legs might be ready for a couple of their machines. Hell, they have private posing rooms, so when I’m prepping for my next contest; it will be a huge plus.

No, but from doing TRT a bit and past BW through the years, I’m thinking I’ll be around 500-600 total. For my goals right now, this will be fine. Im interested in what it will do to my blood pressure, & in a few months will run a lipid & liver panel. All three, tho not at concerning levels, would benefit from a bit of a drop. This is a bit of a “just for the heck of it”experiment.
    Ah cool. Yeah I'm always interested in tweaking and dialing my protocol for optimal results/ feeling
    wango likes this.

A little bit of everything day. No cardio, took about 75 minutes. Felt like doing drop sets on a lot of movements, for the final set. Always loved the burn with those things, it’s like icing on a cake or desert after a tasty meal (not that I eat either these days, lol).

Got some leftover salmon for lunch, then hitting the books in front of the fire.

Blessed & thankful.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    A little bit of everything day. No cardio, took about 75 minutes. Felt like doing drop sets on a lot of movements, for the final set. Always loved the burn with those things, it’s like icing on a cake or desert after a tasty meal (not that I eat either these days, lol).

Got some leftover salmon for lunch, then hitting the books in front of the fire.

Blessed & thankful.
    Sounds like an awesome day, brother!
    wango likes this.

Blessed & thankful.
    Hell yeah! No lifting for me today, went skiing for 7 hours!
    wango likes this.

Sounds like an awesome day, brother!
    Indeed it was. thank you Cy!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Hell yeah! No lifting for me today, went skiing for 7 hours!
    Sweet, plus that burns some serious calories!

It’s been a long while for me, but man that was fun for sure!

Sweet, plus that burns some serious calories!

It’s been a long while for me, but man that was fun for sure!
    Oh yeah. My quads are cooked!
    wango likes this.

Oh yeah. My quads are cooked!
    I bet! Then chowing down after a long day of skiing (alcohol ain’t bad as well), feels well deserved!

Similar to Tuesday, a bit of everything day. Tried to change up some of the chest & shoulder motions to give the joints a break. Still got abs in & hit that left leg hard. Got to admit, I’m proud of myself for sticking with it, but at this stage it’s absolutely mandatory.

Successfully hung two pictures over the couch. A little balancing was needed & I didn’t fall . Then fiddled with the recessed lights while balancing on a ladder. That felt as challenging as walking a tight rope over Niagara Falls. At least I didn’t tear them out of the ceiling.

Bring on the comfy chair and the wine.
    Last edited by wango; 02-02-2023 at 04:44 PM.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Basic 2 mile jaunt around the park on Sunday to keep moving.

Today was a pull day, single leg press and extensions, light abs and treadmill.

My wonderful wife is keeping me well fed in a variety of protein & minimal carbs (besides veggies), but last nights soup deserved some fresh bread so we cheated
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Basic 2 mile jaunt around the park on Sunday to keep moving.

Today was a pull day, single leg press and extensions, light abs and treadmill.

My wonderful wife is keeping me well fed in a variety of protein & minimal carbs (besides veggies), but last nights soup deserved some fresh bread so we cheated
    Man, we seared some thick tuna steaks on Friday, encrusted with sesame seeds, some other seasonings, etc, then The Wife made the rest tonight into a tuna salad thing, with home made mayo. O M G!

The cut can wait!
    wango likes this.

Thread Information