Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mizfit is offline Banned

Question men and women as friends?

do you think men and women can be just friends?

Personally i haven't ever really experience a true friendship with a guy.. One always want more than the other - discuss

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    nope.....i've had this convo before too. guys and girls can't be friend without wanting more than just a friendship. At least guys can't be friends. Well...unless its a fat chick then i just want to be friends. lol

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    nope.....i've had this convo before too. guys and girls can't be friend without wanting more than just a friendship. At least guys can't be friends. Well...unless its a fat chick then i just want to be friends. lol
    but see i betcha she wants more

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I have often debated this point with girlfriends. I think its possible to have a male female friendship but i believe one always ends up with sexual feelings towards the other. I don't have any friends that are girls but If I did i would probably want to get in there pants!!

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    IMO it's very possible I have several female friends and that's how it stays but sometime's things happen and someone crosses the friend ship line But in all you have to choose your friends very carefull..... as to who are friends and just some you run into and hang out with

Mizfit is offline Banned
    what about ex's as friends? don't you think there is alwasy a bit of sexual tension

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    what about ex's as friends? don't you think there is alwasy a bit of sexual tension

that has always been TABOO for it starts out as friends but turns ugly real fast... the ex i have staed friends with is my babies MOMA becasue of the kids other than that ... it allways been trouble

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    my ex wife is one of my dearest friends and is ONLY a FRIEND!

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah no way you can be friends with your ex right after you break up. It's impossible. I mean i have a really good female friend. She means the world to me but i know she doesn't have the same feeling as i do.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Only if the friendship is very casual. I mean I have a ton of girl friends, but mainly I dont talk to them too often. A phone call once a week or something like that and see eachother once a month maybe. But if you mean a close friend of the opposite sex that you hang out with all the time etc it isnt possible imo. Someone will always want something more of it, I have been on both ends of this.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Only if the friendship is very casual. I mean I have a ton of girl friends, but mainly I dont talk to them too often. A phone call once a week or something like that and see eachother once a month maybe. But if you mean a close friend of the opposite sex that you hang out with all the time etc it isnt possible imo. Someone will always want something more of it, I have been on both ends of this.

Exactly. Me too. My female friends I see or meet up with when I go out every other weekend or so. They don't come over to watch a movie or to watch Desperate Housewive DVD's...I do that alone...jk

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I have a girl friend that I use to talk to everyday...We have been friends for about 10 years and both slept in the same bed many of times and nothing has ever happened...We respect each other and know that were great friends and don't want to mess that up...So yes it is possible..

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I say it's possible. But 9 out of 10 times a guy will more than likely want more than a friendship. This shit happened to me not to long ago. The end result was him getting with my ex.
    Last edited by bulldawg_28; 08-22-2006 at 10:34 AM.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    girls as friends.....ya know andrew dice clay has a funny bit on this, ill try to find it.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I've had only females as close friends since i was a kid. I just get along with them better.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member

Personally i haven't ever really experience a true friendship with a guy.. One always want more than the other - discuss
    No. Because the fur gets in the way. I mean you could have male friends but with the stipulation that any time he gets aroused you have to take care of it, then go on as friends as usual. Dont talk about feelings either... guys hate that shyt. Well, strait guys.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    I have several friends that are girls with no tension between any of us and it's been this way for years. They are very athletic and attractive as well so that has nothing to do with it. Some people just click as friends regardless if they're a girl or guy. I enjoy my friendships with the girls just as much as I do my boys. Plus a lot of the girls can keep up with us shot for shot haha.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    No. Because the fur gets in the way. I mean you could have male friends but with the stipulation that any time he gets aroused you have to take care of it, then go on as friends as usual. Dont talk about feelings either... guys hate that shyt. Well, strait guys.
    You're back! HOLLA

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    i remember when u and i used to talk to eachother about our feelins... didnt dat mean sumpin toooo u????

k0nsl is offline Banned

My best friend was a woman. I knew her since we were both young but she passed away three years ago.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    I have alot of girl friends (that's about all I see is girls) and love each one of them to death, but I would fuk everyone of them and they know it. I just don't see being in a relationship with any of them. Besides their are enough other girls to hook up with.

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    It is very rare to have just a friendship with a girl because at one point or another someone wants more ,and in most cases it is the guy, unless the girl is unattractive than she wants more. There are some exceptions though, like a very close friends girlfriend. In that case you can be good friends and no feelings ever come up.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    my ex wife is one of my dearest friends and is ONLY a FRIEND!
    You know you have tried to hit it again

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    You know you have tried to hit it again
    SHE REMARREID right at the 6month Time( after divorce u cant remarry for 6months) ODDDDD and i left her?

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    SHE REMARREID right at the 6month Time( after divorce u cant remarry for 6months) ODDDDD and i left her?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Me and my X of 3 years just broke up. I love that @#$% . She says she still wants to be friends which I agreed. Now I am waiting for the booty-call rule to set it. I believe it's still 1 month before attempting.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    i used to have male friends - but then i figured out most don't wanna be my friend - chat on the phone sure, on msn - but to spend time with them alone - it gets complicated

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    I think it almost always leads to one person wanting more, especially if you spend a lot of time together. Casual friends, maybe. . .

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    haha..ok i didnt write that..
    Last edited by RA; 08-23-2006 at 01:28 PM.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    yeah sure i have a girl that is a really good friend of mine iv know her since i was 15 she bang my cousin though.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i have women as friends.....does that make me abnormal????

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    i have women as friends.....does that make me abnormal????

No, its everything else that makes you abnormal...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i used to have male friends - but then i figured out most don't wanna be my friend - chat on the phone sure, on msn - but to spend time with them alone - it gets complicated
    I have / had alot of girls as friends. We used to hang out alone. Dinner movies , whatever. If you didnt know us you would think we were a couple. In the end i slept with everyone of them. If it was because we were drunk. Finally admitted we like each other. Or she broke up with her bf.

If your 2 attractive people its a matter of time before it happens. One girl it was after 7 years. We dated for 5 months and broke up. She is still a good friend. I talk to her about my gf's.

Andorious is offline Associate Member
    i agree with a lot of the responses that you can have a friend of the opposite sex and be kinda close, but not usually as a best friend. cept when i was a little kid in elementary school, then i had a girl as one of my best friends but tht's diff cause we were so young.
    I think there are only certain situations in which you can have a friend of the opposite sex w/o any other intentions, for example if you are both in a committed relationship already (i have a friend like tht), or if there is zero physical attraction which is rare because when you start to hang out w/ someone more and more of the opposite sex and u like them as a person more and more often u start to feel attracted to them.
    It makes a lot of sense tho as to why it wouldnt work if u think about it. b/c most ppl want a gf/bf who has certain qualities, and atleast for me I often look for these same qualities in a friend (loyalty, honesty, similar interests, funny). so If you start to become friends w/ someone of the opposite sex often they have all these good qualities (or else you wouldnt be friends). Now as soon as you add in the fact that they are attractive you realize they are your ideal gf/bf.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    to complicated. u cant help it, if you have a fairly attractive girl you get along with great, enjoy her company, and hang out all the time , and you both are single, chances are you are gong to hook up or somebody is going to fall for the other one. but if you ae both single, than what is wrong if it leads to this? sounds like a good idead to me. hell believe it or not, i have had 2 girls i was strictly friends with, we used to have sex,and had no strings attached,and were ok with the deal. i think at a few points in both instances, at times i fell fo the girl, or the girl fell for me, but we made a pack to not let it happen, and in both cases we would work it out and wouldnt let it become a relationship. it can be done, if both parties want the same thing

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I think men and women can be casual friends, but being really good friends with a member of the opposite sex usually doesnt work. Too many intimate details of one another's lives are shared, and so much time is spent together that the relationship will undoubtedly grow into something more.

"Friendship often ends in love, but never love in friendship."

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536

"Friendship often ends in love, but never love in friendship."
    good quote

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I have a much easier time becoming friends with women. Some of my best friends are girls.

But lets put it like this. With those girl, we can be great friends without any feelings except friendship. But if one of them came over to my place naked and Im single I would not say "ohh no put some clothes on I dont want to ruin a perfect friendship".

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    I've had this debate with a girl I'm dating now because she's got two "really good guy friends" that she's been friends with forever and things have never been wierd.

I explained to her that she is really hot and the two guys are nice, but dorks, basically, and that if they had the chance, they would jump all over it! they've never mustered the courage to make a move, so now at this point, they just like the company of a hot girl now and then.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    there's also the friend of a friend theory.

I may be friends with a girl b/c as long as I leave that friend channel open, it might lead to a hook up with one or more of her friends. There's nothing better than meeting a girl after one of her girlfriends has already vouched for you.
    Last edited by SMYL_GR8; 08-22-2006 at 01:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information