that was one day...told ya i'm usually around 300

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    im eating cake

shut up

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    im eating cake

shut up
    mmmm cake.....momma is coming on saturday and i get a cheat meal and probably coldstone too ......

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Just noticed im eeking towards the 4k mark.

One thing you do need to remember tho Kratos is muscle. Those people weren't utilising protein since they were all rakes. Its only excess protein thats the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER View Post
    One thing you do need to remember tho Kratos is muscle. Those people weren't utilising protein since they were all rakes. Its only excess protein thats the problem.
    and remember....i do TEAR IT UP at the gym man......i'd get thrown out of your planet fitness kratos.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    im eating cake

shut up

oreo blizzard cake from DQ

mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    mmmm cake.....momma is coming on saturday and i get a cheat meal and probably coldstone too ......
    i had a coldstone smoothie on fri

love coldstone

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    that studes' conclusion says nothing lol......they don't knoe if it's bad or not
    what are you talking about, just cause you can't understand the words. There is plenty of evidence linking filtration rate and protein intake. I don't feel like playing clinical study hunt right now. Take the advise or don't but the correct amount for you would be around 200grams per week if you wanted to stay protein positive. No added benifit past that point.

Have fun trying to live forever ignoramous.

My gym is the most hardcore around. Its funny, sometimes kids will come in thinking they are cool for coming to the hardcore gym. They ask to be shown around, look around, realise everyone is on gear and at least 200lbs and then leave.

and remember....i do TEAR IT UP at the gym man......i'd get thrown out of your planet fitness kratos.
    my mom gave me a planet fitness flyer cuz she knows im broke and was like... 10 dollars a month hun. save you some cash.

i laughed and told her about the horribleness that is.. planet fitness

My gym is the most hardcore around. Its funny, sometimes kids will come in thinking they are cool for coming to the hardcore gym. They ask to be shown around, look around, realise everyone is on gear and at least 200lbs and then leave.
    thats what i need around here

theres a "medium core gym" down the street i wanna join. lots of big guys and juice. but they also have old ppl and hot chicks.

theres no hard core around here

and my gym is no core

Blog Entries
    If a chick is 5'2''.

Whats your perfect weight for her?

0.8 grams per kilo is what's concidered healthy by most docs
    I'm telling him to hit 2 grams per kilo as a weightlifter even though 1.6 should be enough. And they weren't all "rakes" not farmiliar with the term, but the study included weight lifters.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    If a chick is 5'2''.

Whats your perfect weight for her?
    i like em thick

so 100-110lbs for a 5'2 id say

but im really bad at judging girls weight. so dont qoute me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    what are you talking about, just cause you can't understand the words. There is plenty of evidence linking filtration rate and protein intake. I don't feel like playing clinical study hunt right now. Take the advise or don't but the correct amount for you would be around 200grams per week if you wanted to stay protein positive. No added benifit past that point.

Have fun trying to live forever ignoramous.
    well duh of course the kidneys have to filter more.....that's pretty much common sense.....as to if that's bad or not.....they don't have a clue....who says my kidneys have a finite filtration potential?

you don't lift much more than me and I don't need to make sex noises
    plus I'm not a wanna-be bodybuilder and I'm in better shape than you in a lot of ways.

Blog Entries
    i like em thick

so 100-110lbs for a 5'2 id say

but im really bad at judging girls weight. so dont qoute me. lol

haha, I was thinking more in the 120-125 range....

but im like you...girls weight aint my thing

thats what i need around here

theres a "medium core gym" down the street i wanna join. lots of big guys and juice. but they also have old ppl and hot chicks.

theres no hard core around here

and my gym is no core
    i've started turning the rec more hardcore lol....we've worn a hole in the wall where we do T-bars.......and there are some more hardcore guys in there now that actually are there to lift and not socialize......still doesn't even hold a tiny candle to metroflex tho.....and it never will....you can't beat that place.

well duh of course the kidneys have to filter more.....that's pretty much common sense.....as to if that's bad or not.....they don't have a clue....who says my kidneys have a finite filtration potential?
    Clearly you don't have the capacity to understand the information if I presented it...take the advise or don't, but I told you so my concience is clear.

0.8 grams per kilo is what's concidered healthy by most docs
    I'm telling him to hit 2 grams per kilo as a weightlifter even though 1.6 should be enough. And they weren't all "rakes" not farmiliar with the term, but the study included weight lifters.
    How much protein do u eat per day? I do about 225, 300 tho on cycle. Maybe ill cut back a bit this cycle.
    Last edited by MASTER; 04-20-2009 at 11:28 AM.

you don't lift much more than me and I don't need to make sex noises
    plus I'm not a wanna-be bodybuilder and I'm in better shape than you in a lot of ways.
    well you're not even ALLOWED to deadlift...so i lift 585 more pounds than u there......and i don't make sex noises......
    and please tell how you're in such better shape than me??

Clearly you don't have the capacity to understand the information if I presented it...take the advise or don't, but I told you so my concience is clear.
    well i consider doctors on the whole fairly ignorant of what the human body is capable of.....so i'll stay where i am.

well you're not even ALLOWED to deadlift...so i lift 585 more pounds than u there......and i don't make sex noises......
    and please tell how you're in such better shape than me??
    I can't deadlift anyway
    I hurt my back cause I played an actual sport in college...not just playing with myslef between class and gym.

How old are you ruhl? i seem to remember you being pretty young.

well i consider doctors on the whole fairly ignorant of what the human body is capable of.....so i'll stay where i am.
    Well, besides kidney damage, when your body breaks down the protein you eat, several types of acids are triggered. Your body neutralizes these acids with citrate and carbonate from the bone. So, weaker bones, simply put, this means calcium loss increases as protein consumption increases.
    That as you double the amount of protein in your diet, the amount of calcium lost through your urine increases by 50%. This not only increases the loss of bone calcium but also increases the risk of kidney stones by as much as 250%.

The Institute of Medicine's Dietary Reference Intakes report recently released concluded: "In view of the lack of compelling evidence to the contrary, no additional dietary protein is suggested for healthy adults undertaking resistance or enduring exercise."

but I tend to disagree as I think the positive nitrogen balance is benificial for weight lifters so I would say go well above the 0.8 healthy range.

Whats your view on all these powders Kratos? I always wonder what these powders are doing to everyones kidneys. Whey absorbs so fast, that I cant see how any leftover protein doesnt just get pissed out.

How old are you ruhl? i seem to remember you being pretty young.
    22 i think.....i've been forgetting lately tho....which is good cuz i'll be ageless in the end

Well, besides kidney damage, when your body breaks down the protein you eat, several types of acids are triggered. Your body neutralizes these acids with citrate and carbonate from the bone. So, weaker bones, simply put, this means calcium loss increases as protein consumption increases.
    That as you double the amount of protein in your diet, the amount of calcium lost through your urine increases by 50%. This not only increases the loss of bone calcium but also increases the risk of kidney stones by as much as 250%.
    then why don't bodybuilders break bones all the time??....and i supplement calcium

22 i think.....i've been forgetting lately tho....which is good cuz i'll be ageless in the end
    585 is pretty impressive dl for your age. I havent gone above 500 for ages, tho I can. I don't wana put the old back out now.

US-RDA

Protein Needs - Protein RDA is Higher Than Average Need
    The US RDA for protein in our daily diet is high, to cover most person's needs. For example, the average requirement for dietary protein is 0.6 grams per kilogram [2.2 pounds] of ideal body weight, while the protein RDA is 0.8 grams per kilogram of ideal body weight. So the protein RDA has a wide built-in safety margin.

Adult Male Protein Needs
    An adult male who should weigh about 154 pounds, or 70 kilograms, requires about 56 grams of protein daily.

Adult Female Protein Needs
    An adult female whose best weight is 110 pounds, or 50 kilograms, needs about 40 grams a day.

Protein Needs for Other People
    The RDA increases by 30 grams per day during pregnancy and 20 grams per day during lactation. During growth, different amounts are needed. For example, 2.2 grams of protein are needed per kilogram of body weight each day in the first six months of life, and 2.0 grams per kilogram for the next six months.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    haha, I was thinking more in the 120-125 range....

but im like you...girls weight aint my thing
    i think thats a fine range for 5'2-5'3

i think i remember a few of my exs havin stats like that

RDA......made by FDA right??? they don't know anything

A team of researchers from Kent State University, Ohio, and McMaster University, Ontario, led by Dr. Peter Lemon studied a group of 12 male subjects during two months of resistance training. They found that a protein intake of 81 grams per day (0.99g per kg of bodyweight for a 180 lb male) resulted in a negative nitrogen balance. Nitrogen balance is a measure of protein metabolism. A negative nitrogen balance indicates that the protein needs of the body are not being met and protein is being scavanged from tissue elsewhere in the body to maintain essential body functions. This may lead to reduced gains in muscle mass and strength.
    Can you eat too much protein? This group also found that protein intakes above 2.62 grams per kg of bodyweight (214 grams for a 180lb male) provided no additional benefit in terms of nitrogen balance and increased the risk of renal overload and dehydration. Long term studies of large groups show that a high protein/low carbohydrate diet increases the risk of kidney stones and bone loss. These findings were substantiated by a University of Texas study of 10 volunteers on a high protein/low carbohydrte diet for two weeks. Blood uric acid levels (uric acid is a major cause of kidney stones) rose 90% and urinary levels of citrate (which inhibits kidney stone formation) dropped 25%. And finally, any extra protein Calories (beyond what you are expending per day) are stored as fat, not muscle.

Protein is essential for endurance athletes as well as to aid muscle development. As far back as 1983, scientists demonstrated that two hours of exercise can drain the body of essential protein stores. Based on their findings, Dr. Lemon makes the following recommendations for protein intake for strength and endurance athletes:

Strength - 1.6-1.7 grams of dietary protein per kg of bodyweight
    Endurance - 1.2-1.4 grams of dietary protein per kg of bodyweight
    The average 70 kg (154 pound) cyclist will need from 80 to 100 grams of protein per day. And for those at the elite level, the requirement may be as high as 1.7 grams of protein per kgm (120 grams for the ideal 70 kg rider). And as active athletes consume more daily Calories, a balanced diet without supplements will meet these increased needs.
    A literature review failed to find any support for protein supplements (assuming a balnaced daily diet with the normal distribution of protein intake) compared to a pure carbohydrates diet alone. In fact there is the potential for a DECREASE in overall performance from the appetite suppressing effects of a high protein diet which results in a decrease in carbohydrate intake and diminished pre event muscle glycogen stores.

i just had a propane tank blow out its ass on me and now my clothes reek like fukkin sulfer/propane shit

giving me a headache and i wanna puke

ugh

Even in endurance activities such as the Tour De france, protein needs of 1.5 gms protein/kg body wt/day were easily met by a normal diet that replaced the total Calories used each day...you can't tell me those guys aren't using more protein than one of ruhl's sex noise sessions in the gym.

i just had a propane tank blow out its ass on me and now my clothes reek like fukkin sulfer/propane shit

giving me a headache and i wanna puke

ugh
    ewwwww

Even in endurance activities such as the Tour De france, protein needs of 1.5 gms protein/kg body wt/day were easily met by a normal diet that replaced the total Calories used each day...you can't tell me those guys aren't using more protein than one of ruhl's sex noise sessions in the gym.
    it's ok Kratos....i know you can't possibly fathom how i train.....just think....when i'm your age i'll be able to deadlift 800+ pounds and i'll be 250+ shredded

ewwwww
    most def

i keep smellin it

im goin outside
    to get some fresh rainy air

Thread Information