Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    I have a big problem with disproportionate sides. what is the best way to go about correcting this. do i cheat my overdeveloped side each workout? focus on hitting each side seperately? what do you think the best way to go about this is.
    Really the best way is to perform unilateral movements. In a bilateral movement such as barbell bench the dominate or stronger side will almost always work just a little harder than the other side. I have the same problem myself, I try to isolate each side and train them proportionately. Over time if you do something similar both sides should even out some. Will it compensate for a lifetime of training bilaterally, maybe not.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    wow you are quick. thanks for the reply. i think my next cycle is going to be primarily focused on bringing up lagging body parts instead of just overall mass. unilateral is what i figured but it feels like twice the work

Blog Entries
    wow you are quick. thanks for the reply. i think my next cycle is going to be primarily focused on bringing up lagging body parts instead of just overall mass. unilateral is what i figured but it feels like twice the work
    Then think of it as twice the calories burned....LOL

then that means twice the eating to compensate. you are really breaking my spirits here.

Blog Entries
    then that means twice the eating to compensate. you are really breaking my spirits here.
    or it means 5% bodyfat and jacked!

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    ok ... lets say i trake in around 240g carbs daily... and want to start carb cycling at 150g low days 300g on a clean carb up day, and about 450g carbs on a cheat day (ronnies carb cycling). do you think that once i come off this and start back up with carbs that i should slowly make my way back in or this wouldnt be significant in regards to gaining fat back?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    ok ... lets say i trake in around 240g carbs daily... and want to start carb cycling at 150g low days 300g on a clean carb up day, and about 450g carbs on a cheat day (ronnies carb cycling). do you think that once i come off this and start back up with carbs that i should slowly make my way back in or this wouldnt be significant in regards to gaining fat back?
    Hmm, that is a good question. I myself when I go on a low carb diet will gradually increase my carbs per week for a few weeks so that my body has time to adapt properly to the new intake of energy. I never really carb cycle per say, but I would still look at the total amount of kcals per week vs per day and adjust according to that. Really weekly caloric intake is probably a better way to look at the overall energy intake since it spreads out some of the day to day variations in diet regardless of what plan one follows.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Hmm, that is a good question. I myself when I go on a low carb diet will gradually increase my carbs per week for a few weeks so that my body has time to adapt properly to the new intake of energy. I never really carb cycle per say, but I would still look at the total amount of kcals per week vs per day and adjust according to that. Really weekly caloric intake is probably a better way to look at the overall energy intake since it spreads out some of the day to day variations in diet regardless of what plan one follows.
    yea im eating at about maitnance now and was going to do the same with the carb cycling, just manipulating the macros.. i guess well wait and find out and oh yea..... why isnt this a sticky yet?

Blog Entries
    yea im eating at about maitnance now and was going to do the same with the carb cycling, just manipulating the macros.. i guess well wait and find out and oh yea..... why isnt this a sticky yet?
    Because I am not sticky worthy...

Because I am not sticky worthy...
    I think this should be a sticky too.We should start a campaign to get you stickied.

MuscleScience for a sticky.

^^x2

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    So i know the importance of changing the rep range of your routine every few weeks.

Would you say its also just as important to change the exercise aswell????

how can i stretch my girlfriends anus so as to accomodate the large girth of my man muscle?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    So i know the importance of changing the rep range of your routine every few weeks.

Would you say its also just as important to change the exercise aswell????
    Yes and no, you should stick with the general setup of your regime for 8-12 weeks. This is the average time it takes a person to fully adapt to any new exercise regime. However changing things up during your regime can have some benefit. For one doing the same exercises for three months straight is really boring. In order to stimulate the muscle ones mind has to be stimulated as well. Secondly by changing things up a little one may find what areas they have been neglecting or not hitting as effectively. Lastly by doing different exercise and rep ranges depending on how you do it, one can avoid injury or overtraining if for example they do a light week or a lower rep day or whatever. Something that is not as taxing as the typical regime.

I hope that answers your question I somewhat dipped into both science and my personal training dogma...

Blog Entries
    how can i stretch my girlfriends anus so as to accomodate the large girth of my man muscle?
    I am sure there is but I would differ this question to DSM as he is probably more knowledgeable on this particular area.

Ask DSM anything.

Blog Entries
    What i mean is for example when doing triceps this is my routine.

Dips weighted
    Close grip bp
    Skull crushers...

Now i do this for 12 weeks three sets of 12 reps, then il drop the reps after 12 weeks to 6reps. Im cool with all that.. Im talking about the exercises themselves eg should i do:

Cable pull downs
    Seated dips
    Single arm extensions..

Ive got the rep ranges and all that sorted its just the exercises themselves, is it important to change them??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    What i mean is for example when doing triceps this is my routine.

Dips weighted
    Close grip bp
    Skull crushers...

Now i do this for 12 weeks three sets of 12 reps, then il drop the reps after 12 weeks to 6reps. Im cool with all that.. Im talking about the exercises themselves eg should i do:

Cable pull downs
    Seated dips
    Single arm extensions..

Ive got the rep ranges and all that sorted its just the exercises themselves, is it important to change them??
    Yeah I think those are good choices. Changing up a specific exercise generally tends to hit a muscle or joint a little differently, for example when you go from close grip bench press to cable pull downs. You obviously still hit the triceps but put a lot less stress on the shoulder joints. Which helps reduce the chance of injury from overtraining.

So yes changing up exercises in a regime is a good thing at times...

Blog Entries
    Thanks MS.....

I am sure there is but I would differ this question to DSM as he is probably more knowledgeable on this particular area.

Ask DSM anything.
    all he wants to do is SHOW me how and i am not down for that. i was hoping for a written explanation.

Blog Entries
    all he wants to do is SHOW me how and i am not down for that. i was hoping for a written explanation.
    There is a product on the market called Anal Eze, you and DSM..ahhh.. I mean your partner may want to try that!

coughstickycough

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Is the Exercise Scientist awake?

so would you happen to have any scientificic (easily translated, lol) literature stating the effects (detrimental, or not signifcantly detrimental) when introducing much higher carb intake from keto/carb cycling?

Blog Entries
    so would you happen to have any scientificic (easily translated, lol) literature stating the effects (detrimental, or not signifcantly detrimental) when introducing much higher carb intake from keto/carb cycling?
    Maybe hyperglycemia???

I dont know of any detrimental effects to be honest. I would have to do a an extensive literature review on this subject as honestly I do not know much about the carb cycling/keto diet. Its not a typical diet that I would prescribe for an none bodybuilding type athlete.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Is the Exercise Scientist awake?
    I never sleep Literally, check my location.

Maybe hyperglycemia???

I dont know of any detrimental effects to be honest. I would have to do a an extensive literature review on this subject as honestly I do not know much about the carb cycling/keto diet. Its not a typical diet that I would prescribe for an none bodybuilding type athlete.
    yea i never ran it, but i cam somewhat carb sensitive so am definately willing to give it a shot to rid some extra lagging lower gut to get chisled.. anyday

Blog Entries
    Also guys I updated my front page on the thread to include more of my academic background, since some wanted a more in-depth explanation. I slightly modified things to spare me some privacy but everything is correct....LOL

Blog Entries
    yea i never ran it, but i cam somewhat carb sensitive so am definately willing to give it a shot to rid some extra lagging lower gut to get chisled.. anyday
    I just do low carb, practically 200grs of carbs or less a day. Then I have a cheat meal or day once a week. That is when I am cutting that is.

I never sleep Literally, check my location.
    Yeah I saw, that's why I asked. I don't sleep much either. I'm gonna need some help from you and eatrainrest me thinks.

Blog Entries
    Anytime Jdawg

Yeah I saw, that's why I asked. I don't sleep much either. I'm gonna need some help from you and eatrainrest me thinks.
    and what help would you be looking for?

Alright here's the deal, I'm gonna try and keep this short. I just started training with weights again for the first time in close to 5 years. Since I've been in the military (close to 4 years) the only workouts I've done have been calisthenics and cardio. The last 9 months I've had knee problems, mononucleosis, and I'm just recovering from that groin pull that I asked for your help on. For the first time in a long time I'm feeling close to 100%. My main problem is my legs. I always have been extremely inflexible and they've never responded well to heavy weight training. My quads in particular have always given me trouble since I pulled both of them playing football about 10 years ago.

So yeah I said I was gonna keep it short so basically here's what I'm looking for- I wanna get past these problems and build a good base in my lower body. Undoubtedly my extreme inflexibility has been a big issue in hindering my progress in the past, and since I'm basically starting fresh I think your input on how to address these issues and do it right would be a big help. I don't know if that makes a whole lotta sense, but I'm feeling kinda lost since I've been out of the game so long.

Alright here's the deal, I'm gonna try and keep this short. I just started training with weights again for the first time in close to 5 years. Since I've been in the military (close to 4 years) the only workouts I've done have been calisthenics and cardio. The last 9 months I've had knee problems, mononucleosis, and I'm just recovering from that groin pull that I asked for your help on. For the first time in a long time I'm feeling close to 100%. My main problem is my legs. I always have been extremely inflexible and they've never responded well to heavy weight training. My quads in particular have always given me trouble since I pulled both of them playing football about 10 years ago.

So yeah I said I was gonna keep it short so basically here's what I'm looking for- I wanna get past these problems and build a good base in my lower body. Undoubtedly my extreme inflexibility has been a big issue in hindering my progress in the past, and since I'm basically starting fresh I think your input on how to address these issues and do it right would be a big help. I don't know if that makes a whole lotta sense, but I'm feeling kinda lost since I've been out of the game so long.

well, since you asked fofr my help ill post it here. id recommend a 5-10 minute low intenstiy warmup and followed by 15-30 seconds stretching legs, . i would only recommend doing pre workout stretching for LEGS only because it can be counterproductive in regards to your strength as muscle has informed me. but our goal here is to increase flexibnility so i would do pre workout, during workout, and post workout stretchin and start by incorporating 12 reps at 80% intensity following the set range/split protocols i havfe listed in my thread. then you can work your way up to 100 percent intensity but honestly i dont think in your case i would go lower reps, considering you injury state.

Blog Entries
    well, since you asked fofr my help ill post it here. id recommend a 5-10 minute low intenstiy warmup and followed by 15-30 seconds stretching legs, . i would only recommend doing pre workout stretching for LEGS only because it can be counterproductive in regards to your strength as muscle has informed me. but our goal here is to increase flexibnility so i would do pre workout, during workout, and post workout stretchin and start by incorporating 12 reps at 80% intensity following the set range/split protocols i havfe listed in my thread. then you can work your way up to 100 percent intensity but honestly i dont think in your case i would go lower reps, considering you injury state.
    To add to that, I would also highly recommend you follow the concept of gradual progressive overload. Which means a very gradual increase in intensity of exercise activity. You will more than likely not be able to start out with a traditional bodybuilding type routine to start. That is fine remember our goal is to get back to training. I would shy you away from heavy squats all together or even leg press until we determine your tolerance at first. Not to say we cant do those types of exercises but you will not want to put 400lbs through those untested knees and groin right off the bat. Even if it feels good one day, will it feel good a week later.

hey muscle in regards to my questions with the detrimental effects of intorducing more carbs after being in a depleted state.. i think ronnie summed it up in his example of carb cycling/keto

"once you lose the fat (during ketosis/carb cycling), gain the muscle mass, and estrablish outstanding insulin sensitivity, you wil be able to control your body fat levels. this is great news because once you get lean youll; prpobly be able to eat rougly 200-300g of carbs on the low carb days as opposed to 150 grams or so for maintenance and be able to consume a few more carbs later int he day. also, you may be able to incrase your carb up/calorie up days to 3 per week as opposed to only 2. why-because once you get lean, the metabolism speeds up. losing weight is fairly easy, but stripping straight bdoy fat off while maintaining or gaining lean body mass is tricky"

if you were interested in it lol if not oh well!

Blog Entries
    Bump

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    What's your opinion on HST? I'm seriously thinking of doing a 6 week cycle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Raider View Post
    What's your opinion on HST? I'm seriously thinking of doing a 6 week cycle.
    What is HST?

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Which is better?

train back together with traps or shoulder together with traps?

Thread Information