Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    BRITISH ANABOLIC is offline Associate Member
    Wow, now i've found this i have so many questions to fire at you, questions that have always puzzled me.

Ammino acid tabs

I see these often in my local holland and barrets, and to be truthful, my diet could be alot better than it is, but i have such a hetic life i only manage to get 5-6 meals in aday.

So my question, will Ammino acid tabs help me out? Or is thier a limmit to how much you're suppose to have aday/week?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    Which is better?

train back together with traps or shoulder together with traps?
    I always train traps with back, Considering traps assist in most of the back movements anyway. No sense in hitting them twice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BRITISH ANABOLIC View Post
    Ammino acid tabs

I see these often in my local holland and barrets, and to be truthful, my diet could be alot better than it is, but i have such a hetic life i only manage to get 5-6 meals in aday.

So my question, will Ammino acid tabs help me out? Or is thier a limmit to how much you're suppose to have aday/week?
    5-6 meals a day sounds about right to me. Amino tabs are ok, I would look specifically for BCAA amino tabs and take them directly after workout if you can.

Hmm the ones i'm going to get aren't BCAA i don't belive

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...il.asp?pid=152

They're the ones, not much detail as to what's in them though...

They seem okay though?

Dude, if you had to name one exercerise that builds a 6 pack up the most, what would it be?

I understand thier are a good few abs workouts, but is thier a certain one that's known to purposly build the 6 pack?

Blog Entries
    Dude, if you had to name one exercerise that builds a 6 pack up the most, what would it be?

I understand thier are a good few abs workouts, but is thier a certain one that's known to purposly build the 6 pack?
    The very best exercise to build up your abs is a two part one. First diet then cardio, just have to get the fat off is all.

I will look up the facts on the Amino tabs later. I have a pool party to go to and I am the only guy that going to be there with a bunch of hot ladies...

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What is HST?
    http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html

The very best exercise to build up your abs is a two part one. First diet then cardio, just have to get the fat off is all.

I will look up the facts on the Amino tabs later. I have a pool party to go to and I am the only guy that going to be there with a bunch of hot ladies...
    Dude i'm 7% bodyfat and i don't do cardio, i'm blessed lol.

Poor party founds fun

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Hmm the ones i'm going to get aren't BCAA i don't belive

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...il.asp?pid=152

They're the ones, not much detail as to what's in them though...

They seem okay though?
    Holland and Barrett are good for vitamins, but NOT nutritional supplements. There stuff is cheaply made IMHO.

I use bulk powders.co.uk and buy all my raws. You'll also get BCAA's on there, powder and caps.

How long does it take for muscle atrophy to occur? I'm guessing this also depends on being an ecto, meso, endomorph too?

I'm a endo/meso and if I dont train all week, or my diet isnt spot on, my weight drops a fair bit. I look alot less full IMHO. Is this meerly from hydration, glycogen storage etc..?

It cant surely mean muscle atrophy is happening from a meer week of being off the training/diet....Can it?

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    How long does it take for muscle atrophy to occur? I'm guessing this also depends on being an ecto, meso, endomorph too?

I'm a endo/meso and if I dont train all week, or my diet isnt spot on, my weight drops a fair bit. I look alot less full IMHO. Is this meerly from hydration, glycogen storage etc..?

It cant surely mean muscle atrophy is happening from a meer week of being off the training/diet....Can it?
    i have the same issue, personally i think its more mental than anything else

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitown Raider View Post
    Oh yes, I was making sure you were not talking about Heat shock proteins.

I like the program, it seems to be put together well. As I have said before on here that virtually any program can work as long as one sticks with the program and it has a sound foundation from which it is based off of.

Right now there is no real consensus in the science on what is the absolute best method for building muscle. It use to be thought that there were certain rep ranges and schemes that were more effective than others. However further studies and better methods and technologies didnt really show this to be true. At least it is not as accepted as it once was.

What is being shown is that individual genetic variability plays a role in what method works best for the person. That basically means you have to find what works best for you through trial and error.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 06-07-2009 at 11:54 PM.

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member

..x2

Blog Entries

That kind of depends, for sake of simplicity we will talk only of persons that are detrained and natural...

It appears that strength and size gains actually take a relatively long time to go back to base line when compared to something like aerobic fitness which starts to decrease within a week of halting training. It seems that strength and size gains take between 3-6 months to decrease if all other things are equal.

Of course you will have days were you lose five pounds of water or get sick or what not you have to remember that the muscle is mainly composed of water so there is a lot of reserve of mass that can be lost by simple getting sick and not taking in enough fluids or electrolytes or enough carbs to keep the glycogen content to 100%

That kind of depends, for sake of simplicity we will talk only of persons that are detrained and natural...

It appears that strength and size gains actually take a relatively long time to go back to base line when compared to something like aerobic fitness which starts to decrease within a week of halting training. It seems that strength and size gains take between 3-6 months to decrease if all other things are equal.

Of course you will have days were you lose five pounds of water or get sick or what not you have to remember that the muscle is mainly composed of water so there is a lot of reserve of mass that can be lost by simple getting sick and not taking in enough fluids or electrolytes or enough carbs to keep the glycogen content to 100%
    Thanks.

What do you know about fasting MS? I mean fasting on veg, fruit juice or more extreme, water, as way of detoxing the body?

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

What do you know about fasting MS? I mean fasting on veg, fruit juice or more extreme, water, as way of detoxing the body?
    I dont like it, unless you are cutting weight for a fight or comp I see absolutely no reason for it, especially for bodybuilders.

I dont like it, unless you are cutting weight for a fight or comp I see absolutely no reason for it, especially for bodybuilders.
    I didnt think it was a viable way of detoxing the body for the BB'er either.

What about colon cleansing products and colonic irrigation...

Do you also take digestive enzymes? Know much about them...

Thanks MS.

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    What exactly is the deal with all the different protein type supps out there?
    We got BCAAs, Amino caps, 80+/90+ protein... for example.
    I'm thinking that BCAAs are quicker to digest.. but not sure.
    Is it just down to the money at the end of the day? Would it be best, if i was loaded, to have aminos all day?
    I use 90+ nutrisport as it seems to make sense for my pocket.
    Help me, MuscleScience ;-)

answer me damn you!

lol :-)

Blog Entries
    I didnt think it was a viable way of detoxing the body for the BB'er either.

What about colon cleansing products and colonic irrigation...

Do you also take digestive enzymes? Know much about them...

Thanks MS.
    I really am not a fan of all the cleanse things out there. If you really want to keep your GI tract health then eat proper amounts of fiber daily. Your intestinal lining is sluffed off daily anyway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-boosted View Post
    What exactly is the deal with all the different protein type supps out there?
    We got BCAAs, Amino caps, 80+/90+ protein... for example.
    I'm thinking that BCAAs are quicker to digest.. but not sure.
    Is it just down to the money at the end of the day? Would it be best, if i was loaded, to have aminos all day?
    I use 90+ nutrisport as it seems to make sense for my pocket.
    Help me, MuscleScience ;-)

The protein types boil down to differences really in the amino acid profile of each supplement. For example a supplement that is a BCAA contains only the amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine. Other supplements will contain high values of the essential amino acids (amino acids that the body can not make on its own). It really boils down to getting a supplement that has a good mix off all amino acids in order to make sure that one is not deficient or to much of one amino acid.

Thanks! As my 90+ seems to have all those bccas then I needn't spend any more dollar.. i guess

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-boosted View Post
    Thanks! As my 90+ seems to have all those bccas then I needn't spend any more dollar.. i guess
    Exactly, you pick the right protein powder and it will have everything you need in one shake.

The protein types boil down to differences really in the amino acid profile of each supplement. For example a supplement that is a BCAA contains only the amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine. Other supplements will contain high values of the essential amino acids (amino acids that the body can not make on its own). It really boils down to getting a supplement that has a good mix off all amino acids in order to make sure that one is not deficient or to much of one amino acid.
    If one's diet is diversified enough, surely you would consume all the neccessary essential amino acids anyway? Then supplement the BCAA's as their the main building blocks for muscle accural.

Do you take BCAA's inbetween meals? I dont personally, but I know some that do.

vpchill is offline "Born to lose, Dying to win"
    Stupid question, but I thought Id ask to see if you have any secrets to this. What is the best or more efficient way to work the lower pecs? Id like to Isolate more, the lower seems to be my weaker point on my chest.

Blog Entries
    If one's diet is diversified enough, surely you would consume all the neccessary essential amino acids anyway? Then supplement the BCAA's as their the main building blocks for muscle accural.

Do you take BCAA's inbetween meals? I dont personally, but I know some that do.
    As it seems Leucine has been implicated as of late to being of primary importance when building muscle tissue. A lot of literature and I mean a lot has focused on Leucine including its effect on insulin release. The more you can get in the better, and whey shakes are a great way to get extra in. There is that debate that whey protein shakes are not needed at all and stuff like that. I personally feel that they are nothing more than a supplement to ones diet and should be treated as such.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Stupid question, but I thought Id ask to see if you have any secrets to this. What is the best or more efficient way to work the lower pecs? Id like to Isolate more, the lower seems to be my weaker point on my chest.
    In the past decline bench has shown to be most effective at recruiting the most motor units in the chest out of all the barbell press exercises. Since one cant really isolate a particular part of a muscle more than another decline would seem to be a better choice at overall growth potential. Since I do not particularly keep up on the nuts and bolts of training as I do the physiology and nutritional aspects of exercise. I am not well versed on the current literature on this particular subject, and there may be newer studies that say something different than what I was taught.

Thanx MS. I have another and I am NOT sure why I didnt ask you before.
    - Last week I finished a cycle of Mdrol. 3 1/2 week cycle felt good pumped and strong.
    Ended Friday. Now Sat I planned to start PCT.
    I wake up Sat Morn in the worst pain Ive ever felt in my legs. From the calves to the Thighs I was in pain. Not muscle spasms but absolute pain. My knees felt like I was being stabbed. I could barely walk, No swelling and My leg workout was That previous monday.
    I rested and figured I did somthing and didnt realize. I have a high tolerance for pain so I tried to ignore it but it hurt like hell. Monday I go to Dr and the 1st Doc touches me and it is painful. She cannot figure out why I was in pain with both legs. I mean the pain was when I laid down too. Just a constant pain.
    She gives me 2 types of muscle relaxers and does bloodwork. I come back Wed and now there is another DR, The pain is not as bad as Sat / Sun / Mon but it is still there. They watch me try to walk, see there is no swelling and we look at bloodwork. All is well except for liver which was of course due to Mdrol.
    Now the Docs chalked it up to muscle spasms and gave me more drugs. I was out of work for a week because I found it so hard to walk. My biggest fear was diabetes because everyone in my family has had it. The bloodwork negated that.
    I work with Drs and one said I mite have slipped a disc and didnt know. Just his assumption of course.
    Have you ever heard anything like this and what would you think caused this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Thanx MS. I have another and I am NOT sure why I didnt ask you before.
    - Last week I finished a cycle of Mdrol. 3 1/2 week cycle felt good pumped and strong.
    Ended Friday. Now Sat I planned to start PCT.
    I wake up Sat Morn in the worst pain Ive ever felt in my legs. From the calves to the Thighs I was in pain. Not muscle spasms but absolute pain. My knees felt like I was being stabbed. I could barely walk, No swelling and My leg workout was That previous monday.
    I rested and figured I did somthing and didnt realize. I have a high tolerance for pain so I tried to ignore it but it hurt like hell. Monday I go to Dr and the 1st Doc touches me and it is painful. She cannot figure out why I was in pain with both legs. I mean the pain was when I laid down too. Just a constant pain.
    She gives me 2 types of muscle relaxers and does bloodwork. I come back Wed and now there is another DR, The pain is not as bad as Sat / Sun / Mon but it is still there. They watch me try to walk, see there is no swelling and we look at bloodwork. All is well except for liver which was of course due to Mdrol.
    Now the Docs chalked it up to muscle spasms and gave me more drugs. I was out of work for a week because I found it so hard to walk. My biggest fear was diabetes because everyone in my family has had it. The bloodwork negated that.
    I work with Drs and one said I mite have slipped a disc and didnt know. Just his assumption of course.
    Have you ever heard anything like this and what would you think caused this?
    Nerve root encroachment(disc problem.) would be my guess to if it was in both legs and muscle relaxors didnt help it. Since I cant physically do and orth tests on you Thats just my assumption too. I would go visit a Chiro or a DO (assuming the DO still does manipulations) they are pretty good at problems like that.

I actually did the same thing except in the pain was in one leg. Felt like pens and needles stabbing my leg after I had a sprain/strain injury to my back from helping my grandpa load feed a few years ago. It sucked but I went to Doc first and got some muscle relaxers he then sent me to his brother who was a Chiro and that helped a ton.

Will do. Thanx Brother

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    first let me say thanks for all this info, I just read through all 21 pages of this thread, took a while lol. I was wondering what your take is on doing cardio not in a glycogen depleted state, so just on it's own. I've read it takes 15/20 mins to deplete glycogen when you don't lift before your cardio or don't do it in the AM on an empty stomach, and after those 15/20 you continue your cardio up to 45 mins/or an hour. but I've read this isn't as good to do because you'll likely burn more muscle mass than usual. what do you think about that? also, if that does hold some water, would it be any better if cardio alone was done while your juicing? would that blunt the muscle loss associated with cardio done alone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-S-Thompson View Post
    first let me say thanks for all this info, I just read through all 21 pages of this thread, took a while lol. I was wondering what your take is on doing cardio not in a glycogen depleted state, so just on it's own. I've read it takes 15/20 mins to deplete glycogen when you don't lift before your cardio or don't do it in the AM on an empty stomach, and after those 15/20 you continue your cardio up to 45 mins/or an hour. but I've read this isn't as good to do because you'll likely burn more muscle mass than usual. what do you think about that? also, if that does hold some water, would it be any better if cardio alone was done while your juicing? would that blunt the muscle loss associated with cardio done alone?
    Glycogen content of the muscles total mass is approximately 2%, in contrast the liver can store up to about 7% of its mass as glycogen. I have heard these accepted values may change slightly but for now thats what we will go with. Anyway, muscles can never fully be depleted of glycogen because if they did they would quickly die. Its the relative proportion left in the cell after exercise that changes. When the body senses that energy demands are high and muscle glycogen content is low, the liver is acted on by an hormone called glucagon. This causes the liver to release its stored glycogen stores into the blood stream were it is eventually picked up by all cells that are in a depleted state. Now the muscle cells have no receptors for this hormone and under no circumstances as of present theory does a muscle every release glycogen back into the blood stream.

What happens and keep in mind this is a general rule of thumb. The first 15 or 20 minutes of aerobic exercise is really predominated by anaerobic production of energy. Thus glycogen stores are being used to facilitate glycolysis. There is somewhat of a lag between energy production being predominately from fats as it takes the body a little while to adjust to the sudden increase in energy demands. Fatty acid mobilization from fat cells and the later conversion by beta oxidation takes a little more time to ramp up if you will to start producing usable forms of energy to produce ATP.

As far as losing muscle while doing cardio, one would have to be doing extreme amounts of cardio and or be in an extreme caloric deficient state. It takes relatively speak a long time for an amino acid to be converted to a usable form of energy not to mention a high amount of energy expenditure to do so. Further that with using AAS and unless your running a marathon and on a pretty nasty cutting diet with other compounds such as T3 it would be that much more difficult to loss muscle. AAS more than any other thing promotes nitrogen retention in muscle cells and causes the body to assimilate a greater amount of ingested proteins towards new mass.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 06-11-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Lots of typo's

Hunter-S-Thompson is offline Senior Member
    hey thanks a lot that really helps, now I don't have to worry so much about hitting up a little more cardio on my off days whooo awsome

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    ms have you got any good trap excersises to do other than the usal shrugs??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sigman roid View Post
    ms have you got any good trap excersises to do other than the usal shrugs??
    Hang cleans and deadlifts work wonders for me.

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Hang cleans and deadlifts work wonders for me.
    ok cheers ms

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Great Thread . Bump

MS what is your oppinion of 21's for building muscle?Are they affective or just a fad?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketbattleship2B;46***06
    MS what is your oppinion of 21's for building muscle?Are they affective or just a fad?
    Oh yes 21's, We called them something else took my a bit to figure out what exactly you were asking me. Then I remembered reading about them in Muscle and Fitness years ago....LOL

21's I think are pretty good way to fully fatigue the muscle at the end of bicep workout. I like to do drop sets myself where you do ten or so reps drop weight and go down on and on, just because you get full range of motion. But I will sometimes do these just as something different and to keep me from getting bored.

Thread Information