Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,040 of 1271
    elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    is there any other function to carbohydrates that i missed ?

CARBOHYDRATES:
    These are sugars, glycogen, starches and cellulose, They are organic compounds

The main function of carbohydrates is to act as a source of chemical energy to generate ATP needed to drive metabolic reactions in the body, However carbohydrates also form part in the building of structural units, such as the deoxyribose, a type of sugar that is a building block for deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA-the molecule that carries inherited genetic information.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    If you consume ANY form of carbs after doing cardio, do you slow or stop the "afterburn" effect cardio has?
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    It depends on how many carbs you ingest and how much of an insulin response is present. I am not particularly sure what the amount would be. I would have to do a literature review to find out. Most of the studies I see on the effect use between 30-70 grams of carbs which seems to be enough to slow fatty acid oxidation dramatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Thanks. Is the "afterburn" really that important anyway? Should one avoid carbs altogether post cardio?

Thank-you.
    Quote Originally Posted by elpropiotorvic View Post
    is there any other function to carbohydrates that i missed ?

CARBOHYDRATES:
    These are sugars, glycogen, starches and cellulose, They are organic compounds

The main function of carbohydrates is to act as a source of chemical energy to generate ATP needed to drive metabolic reactions in the body, However carbohydrates also form part in the building of structural units, such as the deoxyribose, a type of sugar that is a building block for deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA-the molecule that carries inherited genetic information.
    That looks right to me.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Not sure if it was asked but...

Can stretching (DC style trainining comes to mind) lead to an increase in muscle size? If so whats a good way to incorporate it into a routine?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    Not sure if it was asked but...

Can stretching (DC style trainining comes to mind) lead to an increase in muscle size? If so whats a good way to incorporate it into a routine?
    I really havent seen much research that supports stretching the fascial covering causing significant increase in muscle size. To me the risk vs benefit to extreme stretching is probably not worth it. Tendons repair more slowly than muscle fibers because of a lack of vascular supply. Although tendons are generally more resistant to exercise induced damage than that of muscle fibers.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    hey musclescience.....just finished reading your interview good stuff by the way....my question is regarding the Box Squat....

ive been doing alot of these lately...now im a bit worried.....do you think id be better just doing normal squats?..........and could you explain why a Box squat can cause injury?

cheers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    hey musclescience.....just finished reading your interview good stuff by the way....my question is regarding the Box Squat....

ive been doing alot of these lately...now im a bit worried.....do you think id be better just doing normal squats?..........and could you explain why a Box squat can cause injury?

cheers.
    I think regular squat is much safer. When you sit down you place about twice the normal forces through the lumbar spine as you do when your standing. Now if you figure in the forces when you sit with weight on your back and couple that with the downward motion you have a lot more force going through the back. To me the risk vs benefit of performing box squat is not worth it. There is just a much greater risk of injury with that exercise.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    I think regular squat is much safer. When you sit down you place about twice the normal forces through the lumbar spine as you do when your standing. Now if you figure in the forces when you sit with weight on your back and couple that with the downward motion you have a lot more force going through the back. To me the risk vs benefit of performing box squat is not worth it. There is just a much greater risk of injury with that exercise.
    excellent cheers......no more box squats for me..

ill try to stick to ur disclaimer about substances, but let me know if im out of the disclaimer:

Many of the estrogen controlling substances contribute to heart disease correct?

and AAS do to......

do you think that according to this ----->>> Dehydroepiandrosterone reverses systemic vascular remodeling through the inhibition of the Akt/GSK3-{beta}/NFAT axis.

Bonnet S, Paulin R, Sutendra G, Dromparis P, Roy M, Watson KO, Nagendran J, Haromy A, Dyck JR, Michelakis ED.

Centre de Recherche de L'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec, 9 Rue McMahon, Québec, Qc, G1R 2J6, Canada. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: The remodeled vessel wall in many vascular diseases such as restenosis after injury is characterized by proliferative and apoptosis-resistant vascular smooth muscle cells. There is evidence that proproliferative and antiapoptotic states are characterized by a metabolic (glycolytic phenotype and hyperpolarized mitochondria) and electric (downregulation and inhibition of plasmalemmal K(+) channels) remodeling that involves activation of the Akt pathway. Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a naturally occurring and clinically used steroid known to inhibit the Akt axis in cancer. We hypothesized that DHEA will prevent and reverse the remodeling that follows vascular injury. METHODS AND RESULTS: We used cultured human carotid vascular smooth muscle cell and saphenous vein grafts in tissue culture, stimulated by platelet-derived growth factor to induce proliferation in vitro and the rat carotid injury model in vivo. DHEA decreased proliferation and increased vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis in vitro and in vivo, reducing vascular remodeling while sparing healthy tissues after oral intake. Using pharmacological (agonists and antagonists of Akt and its downstream target glycogen-synthase-kinase-3beta [GSK-3beta]) and molecular (forced expression of constitutively active Akt1) approaches, we showed that the effects of DHEA were mediated by inhibition of Akt and subsequent activation of GSK-3beta, leading to mitochondrial depolarization, increased reactive oxygen species, activation of redox-sensitive plasmalemmal voltage-gated K(+) channels, and decreased [Ca(2+)](i). These functional changes were accompanied by sustained molecular effects toward the same direction; by decreasing [Ca(2+)](i) and inhibiting GSK-3beta, DHEA inhibited the nuclear factor of activated T cells transcription factor, thus increasing expression of Kv channels (Kv1.5) and contributing to sustained mitochondrial depolarization. These results were independent of any steroid-related effects because they were not altered by androgen and estrogen inhibitors but involved a membrane G protein-coupled receptor. CONCLUSIONS: We suggest that the orally available DHEA might be an attractive candidate for the treatment of systemic vascular remodeling, including restenosis, and we propose a novel mechanism of action for this important hormone and drug.

COULD DHEA be used in treatment ...im merely just wondering if that is the conclusion of the article

Blog Entries
    ill try to stick to ur disclaimer about substances, but let me know if im out of the disclaimer:

Many of the estrogen controlling substances contribute to heart disease correct?

and AAS do to......

do you think that according to this ----->>> Dehydroepiandrosterone reverses systemic vascular remodeling through the inhibition of the Akt/GSK3-{beta}/NFAT axis.

Bonnet S, Paulin R, Sutendra G, Dromparis P, Roy M, Watson KO, Nagendran J, Haromy A, Dyck JR, Michelakis ED.

Centre de Recherche de L'Hôtel-Dieu de Québec, 9 Rue McMahon, Québec, Qc, G1R 2J6, Canada. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: The remodeled vessel wall in many vascular diseases such as restenosis after injury is characterized by proliferative and apoptosis-resistant vascular smooth muscle cells. There is evidence that proproliferative and antiapoptotic states are characterized by a metabolic (glycolytic phenotype and hyperpolarized mitochondria) and electric (downregulation and inhibition of plasmalemmal K(+) channels) remodeling that involves activation of the Akt pathway. Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a naturally occurring and clinically used steroid known to inhibit the Akt axis in cancer. We hypothesized that DHEA will prevent and reverse the remodeling that follows vascular injury. METHODS AND RESULTS: We used cultured human carotid vascular smooth muscle cell and saphenous vein grafts in tissue culture, stimulated by platelet-derived growth factor to induce proliferation in vitro and the rat carotid injury model in vivo. DHEA decreased proliferation and increased vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis in vitro and in vivo, reducing vascular remodeling while sparing healthy tissues after oral intake. Using pharmacological (agonists and antagonists of Akt and its downstream target glycogen-synthase-kinase-3beta [GSK-3beta]) and molecular (forced expression of constitutively active Akt1) approaches, we showed that the effects of DHEA were mediated by inhibition of Akt and subsequent activation of GSK-3beta, leading to mitochondrial depolarization, increased reactive oxygen species, activation of redox-sensitive plasmalemmal voltage-gated K(+) channels, and decreased [Ca(2+)](i). These functional changes were accompanied by sustained molecular effects toward the same direction; by decreasing [Ca(2+)](i) and inhibiting GSK-3beta, DHEA inhibited the nuclear factor of activated T cells transcription factor, thus increasing expression of Kv channels (Kv1.5) and contributing to sustained mitochondrial depolarization. These results were independent of any steroid-related effects because they were not altered by androgen and estrogen inhibitors but involved a membrane G protein-coupled receptor. CONCLUSIONS: We suggest that the orally available DHEA might be an attractive candidate for the treatment of systemic vascular remodeling, including restenosis, and we propose a novel mechanism of action for this important hormone and drug.

COULD DHEA be used in treatment ...im merely just wondering if that is the conclusion of the article
    WOW, that was a rather technical read...LOL

First and for most there really hasnt been a clear connection between steroid use and heart disease. It is theorized to be a risk factor, however it is very hard to exclude other factors scientifically when dealing with AAS usage and heart disease. Not that I am saying its not a risk factor. I just dont think the research supports how vigorously the point is argued that it does cause heart disease in an absolute manner.

See Link:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=12

Secondly, lower estrogen levels are often associated with increase in heart disease. High estrogen levels are usually not that common in males outside of pathology or AAS ingestion. In females the risk of stroke is increased with the use of birth control. I have seen recently that this is more an effect of progesterone than estrogen. Although my knowledge on BC and its side effects is rather limited at best, and my opinions may not be the best reflection of the current literature on the subject.

Lastly, DHEA has been studied somewhat extensively for its purported beneficial effects on many different conditions most of which are associated with advancing age. For example it is fairly well documented in the literature that Men with low DHEA levels are at a significant or elevated risk of developing a fatal cardiovascular (CV) event as one author stated in the link below. This coupled with the fact that DHEA has been shown to have some protective mechanism on post CV events makes it something that many researchers are continuing to look at.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...&ordinalpos=19

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    ok i got a good question for ya...

how does exercise replenish the GLUT4 recptors on the muscle cells to move towards the plasma membrane? i know it does ,but if you can point me into the direction on the function that would be great

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    i got a question kinda silly but i just wanna know

do u think someone who has not worked out in 2+ years using hit method and doing a 2 day split would recover fast enough as to not over work the muscle as im trying to hit all muscle groups 2 times per week or would that be over doing it

and if so what method would be good for a come back at training

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    ok i got a good question for ya...

how does exercise replenish the GLUT4 recptors on the muscle cells to move towards the plasma membrane? i know it does ,but if you can point me into the direction on the function that would be great
    Glut 4 is signaled to move to the plasma membrane by two processes. The first being caused by the presense of circulating insulin /glucose, the second being the mechanical repetitive contraction of the muscle itself. The first method is fairly well described In the literature as basically the IRS-1 cascade. The second method I am not for certain exactly what processes facilitate glut 4 to move to the plasma membrane. I know that this effect is more pronounced in cardiac muscle and may be related to the enchanced phosphorylation of protein kinase B and repetitive muscle contraction.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    i got a question kinda silly but i just wanna know

do u think someone who has not worked out in 2+ years using hit method and doing a 2 day split would recover fast enough as to not over work the muscle as im trying to hit all muscle groups 2 times per week or would that be over doing it

and if so what method would be good for a come back at training
    I think that method would work fine but for the first couple of weeks you should go easy on the intensity and volume as you will get extremely sore until you adapt to the exercise regime.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

science how do u define a protein? (macromolecule?)

Are we mutating constantly through weight training and high protein diets?

how usefull would be the use of protease inhibitors to combat catabolism? (for ex when dieting for stage/fight/shoot)

Bump

Blog Entries

science how do u define a protein?
    1 : any of various naturally occurring extremely complex substances that consist of amino-acid residues joined by peptide bonds, contain the elements carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, usually sulfur, and occasionally other elements (as phosphorus or iron), and include many essential biological compounds (as enzymes, hormones, or antibodies)
    2 : the total nitrogenous material in plant or animal substances

/www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/PROTEIN">PROTEIN</a>

(macromolecule?) Yes.

Are we mutating constantly through weight training and high protein diets?

Mutating through weight training, no not really. Adapting to the exercise Yes. Mutation is typically a random process, unless the DNA is exposed to some sort of mutagenic compound or ionizing radiation.

how usefull would be the use of protease inhibitors to combat catabolism? (for ex when dieting for stage/fight/shoot)

Protein Catabolism is an essential process in the growth and repair process. Using such a compound may be counter productive.

Bump
    in bold

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    MS, How are you?

Do you have any idea what this problem is I have, I have a pain in my left trap when I do any kind of flat benching, its causing serious discomfort and the amount of weight I can push as reduced drastically, but it completely goes if I do incline bench or dumbbells no pain what so ever and my poundage keeps increasing on the incline but on the flat its like a stabbing pain.

Ive had this issue for 6 months or even longer, Ive tried resting any kind of flat movements for 2 months or so but as soon as i go back to flat benching/dumbbells the pain is there again.

Any ideas how i can fix this, thoughts? pull,strain,torn?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    MS, How are you?

Do you have any idea what this problem is I have, I have a pain in my left trap when I do any kind of flat benching, its causing serious discomfort and the amount of weight I can push as reduced drastically, but it completely goes if I do incline bench or dumbbells no pain what so ever and my poundage keeps increasing on the incline but on the flat its like a stabbing pain.

Ive had this issue for 6 months or even longer, Ive tried resting any kind of flat movements for 2 months or so but as soon as i go back to flat benching/dumbbells the pain is there again.

Any ideas how i can fix this, thoughts? pull,strain,torn?
    I am well thanks,

That is a tough one, Maybe during flat bench your form is altered vs that of incline bench. I cant really think of any reason why your trap would hurt from bench and not from incline. Maybe a first rib, clavicle or shoulder injury that radiates to that area. Possibly something going on in the neck as well? You might want to run it by a sports doc, PT or Chiro since you live in the land of free health care anyway. There is no telling really without doing an exam on that region, sorry..

Can you describe the pain, is it a shape pain, dull achy ect?

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    MS!

right pretty straight forward. Iv been told/advised to start doing press ups ect, just for when i join the army i have to do so many in 2minutes, which im sure ill have no probs doing anyways, but im just going to do as im told and practise them. So im just wondering if doing 30press ups morning and night would i be overworking my chest? as i work on my chest in the gym, would it be better just to drop my chest workout in the gym?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dan View Post
    MS!

right pretty straight forward. Iv been told/advised to start doing press ups ect, just for when i join the army i have to do so many in 2minutes, which im sure ill have no probs doing anyways, but im just going to do as im told and practise them. So im just wondering if doing 30press ups morning and night would i be overworking my chest? as i work on my chest in the gym, would it be better just to drop my chest workout in the gym?
    Maybe not drop your chest workout but more focus your routine to prepare you for Army Test. Train for specificity, which means if your going to have to perform a chest press up then design your routine to help you achieve maximum success on your test.

For example,

Chest press ups, "Rapid" (as many reps you can perform in a time interval)

30sec for three sets

Tri extensions: Rapid

Half Chest press (High), Start all the way up and go down half way.

Half Chest press (Low)

Start half way down and go to floor.

Ect Ect,

Just for example

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I am well thanks,

That is a tough one, Maybe during flat bench your form is altered vs that of incline bench. I cant really think of any reason why your trap would hurt from bench and not from incline. Maybe a first rib, clavicle or shoulder injury that radiates to that area. Possibly something going on in the neck as well? You might want to run it by a sports doc, PT or Chiro since you live in the land of free health care anyway. There is no telling really without doing an exam on that region, sorry..

Can you describe the pain, is it a shape pain, dull achy ect?
    As the pressure starts to build the pain is like a stabbing pain what gets more intense as more pressure is applied, guess i will have to go and see someone or lay off flat bench for a few moneths see if that does anything.

Blog Entries
    As the pressure starts to build the pain is like a stabbing pain what gets more intense as more pressure is applied, guess i will have to go and see someone or lay off flat bench for a few moneths see if that does anything.
    And its right in the belly of the trap muscle only?

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

And its right in the belly of the trap muscle only?
    Yes, its really strange, but completely goes when i preform incline!!

Blog Entries
    Yes, its really strange, but completely goes when i preform incline!!
    I am stumped, I dont think I have ever really heard of a trap pull that acts like that. The only thing I can think of is maybe you shrug that side a bit while performing a flat bench. I know and have seen people that pull their Scalenes and Platysma muscles from straining the neck and such. But never really a trap pull as described.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Old age must be a biatch.. lol

I am stumped, I dont think I have ever really heard of a trap pull that acts like that. The only thing I can think of is maybe you shrug that side a bit while performing a flat bench. I know and have seen people that pull their Scalenes and Platysma muscles from straining the neck and such. But never really a trap pull as described.
    Its a new one for me aswell think i will get some deep tissue massage on the area and lay off flat bench see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    Old age must be a biatch.. lol
    It really is, I am riddled with injuries as ive got older spunk ball

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    hey muscle science, good to see another ex. scientist. im 2nd year doin my bachelor of ex science and rehab. anyway my q. is would doing cardio (ie treadmill or bike) the day after a leg workout hamper recovery?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    hey muscle science, good to see another ex. scientist. im 2nd year doin my bachelor of ex science and rehab. anyway my q. is would doing cardio (ie treadmill or bike) the day after a leg workout hamper recovery?
    Exercise Sci kicks ass!...LOL

I read a random study a few years ago in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning that looked at this question. The authors of the study found that it was better to do cardio the day of leg training instead of waiting the next day as it didnt hamper recovery that day. Where as doing it the next day seemed to decrease recovery.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Yeah its a good degree. Well i mite take this time to get a few more opinion from ya if u dont mind.

1) fascia expanding... read up on this and wondering if you heard about it to. supposely expanding the fascia surrounding a muscle to increase its growth rate. kinda like trying to blow up a ballon in a cup, unless it grows ur muscle cant. any opinions??

2) meat heads vs PHD's here. Protein needed for muscle hypertrophy. Im eating about 350g per day but my professors and dieticians are calling my crazy. Body doesn't need that much. any thoughts??

3) static contraction training? do you reccomend it?

4) and lastly if you were only able to do one exercise for the rest of your life to build as much muscle as possible what would it be?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    Yeah its a good degree. Well i mite take this time to get a few more opinion from ya if u dont mind.

1) fascia expanding... read up on this and wondering if you heard about it to. supposely expanding the fascia surrounding a muscle to increase its growth rate. kinda like trying to blow up a ballon in a cup, unless it grows ur muscle cant. any opinions??

I think it has been shown to increase muscle mass in rats that have the fascia surgically altered. I dont know of any effective means in people that would cause any significant increase for humans.

2) meat heads vs PHD's here. Protein needed for muscle hypertrophy. Im eating about 350g per day but my professors and dieticians are calling my crazy. Body doesn't need that much. any thoughts??
    You need increase protein for sure. The NSCA recommends 1.5 to 2.0 grams per LBS for maximal muscle hypertrophy. The thing your going to find with diet is that no one person really has the answer. The science is all over the place when it comes to nutrition. Really its a matter of opinion and methodology of the individual for the particulars as long as the fundamental foundation of knowledge is there in the first place.

3) static contraction training? do you reccomend it?

I recommend any and all kinds of exercises as long as it can be performed safely.

4) and lastly if you were only able to do one exercise for the rest of your life to build as much muscle as possible what would it be?
    Squat Push Press

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe not drop your chest workout but more focus your routine to prepare you for Army Test. Train for specificity, which means if your going to have to perform a chest press up then design your routine to help you achieve maximum success on your test.

For example,

Chest press ups, "Rapid" (as many reps you can perform in a time interval)

30sec for three sets

Tri extensions: Rapid

Half Chest press (High), Start all the way up and go down half way.

Half Chest press (Low)

Start half way down and go to floor.

Ect Ect,

Just for example
    Right i hear you....thanks MS

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    hey i have a question,

I am applying to DO medical schools now but since i was in my last year of fball and class i didnt get my app in very early and since im white male with a 3.3gpa(3.4sci) and a 26p mcat that i need to get in early to have the best chance to get in. I am probably going to retake the mcat becuz i got a 10bio, 10 orgo, 6 phys, so i know since i really didnt look at that much i can get that up and prolly get over a 30...

but i am going to go back to school in the fall to grad school and what area would increase my app?

i was thinkin anatomy, neurobio or exercise sci/kinesology... do you know of any other unique areas?

goose is offline Banned
    Dear sir,

You think this product is better than powder?

http://www.speciesnutrition.com/grap...REALYZE_1.html

Cheers....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    hey i have a question,

I am applying to DO medical schools now but since i was in my last year of fball and class i didnt get my app in very early and since im white male with a 3.3gpa(3.4sci) and a 26p mcat that i need to get in early to have the best chance to get in. I am probably going to retake the mcat becuz i got a 10bio, 10 orgo, 6 phys, so i know since i really didnt look at that much i can get that up and prolly get over a 30...

but i am going to go back to school in the fall to grad school and what area would increase my app?

i was thinkin anatomy, neurobio or exercise sci/kinesology... do you know of any other unique areas?
    I wish I would have went to D.O. School. I didnt know anything about DO's until it was too late. I like the CAM type medical professionals. As it fits right into my opinion on diet, exercise and preventative health care.

Anyway, Grad school in a science field is a good idea for sure. It shows that your committed to school and that your continuing to improve your knowledge set. A lot of my friends that didnt get into med school the first round got their masters in biology. You could do chemistry or biochem to. But really any science based degree would help.

Good luck to you!

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Dear sir,

You think this product is better than powder?

http://www.speciesnutrition.com/grap...REALYZE_1.html

Cheers....
    It seems like a good idea, if its not to much more expensive than powder then I see no reason not to try it. I personally cant take creatine on its own. I hate the grit to it. I mix mine in with my protein shake.

DP completely had Mr. Braun lost on what he was talking about....LOL

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    If you are running a 2 a day work out schedual Starting with
    day 1:Chest heavy / arms light
    day 2:back heavy / shoulders light
    day3:arms heavy / legs light
    Day4 heavy shoulders/ rest
    day5 heavy legs/ chest light
    day6 light back/ rest
    then it repeats back to day 1 on a 6 day roation, long as i am eating the proper nutrition and not over working my body is that sufficiant for my body to tear and build muscle?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAmericaX View Post
    If you are running a 2 a day work out schedual Starting with
    day 1:Chest heavy / arms light
    day 2:back heavy / shoulders light
    day3:arms heavy / legs light
    Day4 heavy shoulders/ rest
    day5 heavy legs/ chest light
    day6 light back/ rest
    then it repeats back to day 1 on a 6 day roation, long as i am eating the proper nutrition and not over working my body is that sufficiant for my body to tear and build muscle?
    I would think that would be sufficient enough training frequency and volume. Overtraing would be a concern with working any body part twice a week. Just have to be careful and really listen to your body.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

CptAmericaX is offline Member
    Ok now on working chest heavy and a chest light different days, if the heavy day Im doing 5-6 exercises 4 sets reps varrying from 8 6 6 4, 8 8 6 4, 8 6 4 4 and then on the light day doing 5-6 exercises different of course at reps from 15 15 20 25. Is that a good enough split to still be getting strength and endurance as long as on the light day im keeping a high heart rate?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CptAmericaX View Post
    Ok now on working chest heavy and a chest light different days, if the heavy day Im doing 5-6 exercises 4 sets reps varrying from 8 6 6 4, 8 8 6 4, 8 6 4 4 and then on the light day doing 5-6 exercises different of course at reps from 15 15 20 25. Is that a good enough split to still be getting strength and endurance as long as on the light day im keeping a high heart rate?
    In my opinion that is to much volume, especially for chest. On light days I would only do a couple of exercises for 1 or two sets. It can take between 7-10 days to fully recover from bouts of exercise. There really is no point to train extra, more is not always better. Having said all that everyone responds a bit different and if it works for you then by all means continue with it.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Jumbo18 is offline Associate Member
    I read somewhere that your body can take in like 40-50g of protein for every 2 hours. I might of gotten things wrong, but i'd like to know while on cycle how much more protein can your body take in per 2 hrs or so since protein synthesis is increased? For example taking 400mg/week of test e, how much more is protein synthesis increased?

Thread Information