Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,240 of 1271
    danielmaco is offline Junior Member
    Dear Muscle Science,

I broke my arm a couple of years ago, compound fracture. Ever since, I have had wrist pain when I work my biceps. There is no problem with the ulna or radius, just my wrist. Even when I'm not working out, my wrist doesn't feel as strong as the other one.

I'm thinking about seeing a doctor next week. Do you think anything can be done, or will I just have to live with the pain?

Also, I'm looking for a vegetable that is high in calcium. Milk gives me diarrhoea, even the supposed lactose free milk. Any suggestions?

Also, out of curiosity, what do you think would happen to my wrist if I were to take 50mg ed of stanozolol , for 6 weeks?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danielmaco View Post
    Dear Muscle Science,

I broke my arm a couple of years ago, compound fracture. Ever since, I have had wrist pain when I work my biceps. There is no problem with the ulna or radius, just my wrist. Even when I'm not working out, my wrist doesn't feel as strong as the other one.

I'm thinking about seeing a doctor next week. Do you think anything can be done, or will I just have to live with the pain?

Also, I'm looking for a vegetable that is high in calcium. Milk gives me diarrhoea, even the supposed lactose free milk. Any suggestions?

Also, out of curiosity, what do you think would happen to my wrist if I were to take 50mg ed of stanozolol, for 6 weeks?
    I think it would be wise to see a Medical Professional of some sort for the pain.

Leafy greens are a good source of many nutrients include calcium. I personally like kale, and collar greens, however any one will do. Just make sure that its not iceberg lettuce, which is devoid of nutrients.

Sorry, but I dont answer questions about AAS. See my disclaimer on page one.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    this is what you are reffering to...: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...ci_sku=OP-7021

This is what I am referring to:
    https://www.usaemergencysupply.com/f...honeyville.htm
    Is the second one good to go?

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Hey MS,
    Quick question. I find that after two to three days of going without sex or jacking it, my workouts are much better. I train with more focus and more intensity, even more strength. Is there any explanation for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Friend View Post
    Hey MS,
    Quick question. I find that after two to three days of going without sex or jacking it, my workouts are much better. I train with more focus and more intensity, even more strength. Is there any explanation for this?
    I'm not MS and he probably has a much better answer, but testosterone is tested to actually be higher after sex (one thing I watched), but Native Americans were not allowed to have sex or masturbate before battle because of this reason. There has to be a connection and I wonder if MS knows it. I have wondered about this for quite some time also

Friend is offline Live every week like it's shark week
    Hey MS,
    Another quick one. I heard that apparently 9hrs of sleep is optimum for muscle growth each night. What is the minimum amount of sleep allowed to grow? Tren makes 9hrs of sleep each night kinda difficult..

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Honestly Marcus300 would be the person more able to answer that question for you. I really dont know.
    What about me?

Exogenous Test an DHT will up-regulate AR expression in skeletal muscle in vivo and vitro.

If you want me to speculate why gains slow...

Not changing the training protocol, not increasing kals, changes in AR coactivators and corepressor's, myostatin, we dont know is the answer.
    Last edited by Swifto; 10-16-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I think it would be wise to see a Medical Professional of some sort for the pain.

Leafy greens are a good source of many nutrients include calcium. I personally like kale, and collar greens, however any one will do. Just make sure that its not iceberg lettuce, which is devoid of nutrients.

Sorry, but I dont answer questions about AAS. See my disclaimer on page one.
    MS can I add raw organic milk is very high in calcium.

SERMs will also increase bone-mineral density acting as an agonist in selected tissues.

Dr.Roidz is offline Banned - peachass!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    What about me?

Exogenous Test an DHT will up-regulate AR expression in skeletal muscle in vivo and vitro.

Not changing the training protocol, not increasing kals, changes in AR coactivators and corepressor's, myostatin, we dont know is the answer.
    True. However estrogen will down-regulate AR. There is something to be said for myostatin expression with higher doses of androgens as well.

Blog Entries
    Is the second one good to go?
    Sorry for the delay, I was out of town again.

The second one should be good to go. Typically a egg based supplements are devoid of active avidin. So says my PhD. buddy in human nutrition.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Hey MS,
    As twist has said, it is true that after sex. Short term T levels are elevated. However if one was to masturebate the same rise in T is not seen. I have heard it postulated that the reason workouts after sex are not as effective, if infact this is true. Sex is another form of physical activity. Just like any other bout of exercise, the body needs time to recover. There is also a mental aspect to this question. The theories I have heard are wide ranging and all over the board. I couldnt intellengently speculate on that particular matter as I am not versed on that part of the literature.

I'm not MS and he probably has a much better answer, but testosterone is tested to actually be higher after sex (one thing I watched), but Native Americans were not allowed to have sex or masturbate before battle because of this reason. There has to be a connection and I wonder if MS knows it. I have wondered about this for quite some time also

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Hey MS,
    Another quick one. I heard that apparently 9hrs of sleep is optimum for muscle growth each night. What is the minimum amount of sleep allowed to grow? Tren makes 9hrs of sleep each night kinda difficult..
    On average it is recommended that someone needs between 7-8 hours of sleep if they are physically active. This is a general rule and has changed a few times in the literature that last ten years. The one thing about sleep requirements, its variable from person to person. Its a matter of trial and error. Remember the recommendations are based on huge data sets of people and averaged across the board. There are those that need 4 hours and those that need 12. Its just a personal thing for everyone.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    MS can I add raw organic milk is very high in calcium.

SERMs will also increase bone-mineral density acting as an agonist in selected tissues.
    Calcium is starting to be co-administered with Vit D. In conditions such as osteoporosis/penia. Calcium levels in serum are either high or normal. Vit-D therapy appears to be more beneficial.

I had a very good discussion with a PhD in endocrine pathology. I asked him why serms were not typically used for those females that are post-menapausal or have hystorectomies for bone health. As opposed to using hormone replacement. I have never been able to get a completely satisfactory answer on teh matter.

Sorry for spelling errors. I have a bad bad allergic reaction to my new contacts and am having problems seeing the computer screen well. So forgive me....

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    What about me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Roidz View Post
    True. However estrogen will down-regulate AR. There is something to be said for myostatin expression with higher doses of androgens as well.
    I like the discussion, believe me. Lets just make sure we keep this related to pure physiology as opposed to AAS usage and administration in accordance with my disclaimer on page one.

Thanks guys.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Dr.Roidz is offline Banned - peachass!
    Sorry bud I skipped to the last page.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a question about the muscle maintenance.

What does a muscle require in order to exist?

To be more specific...say, at one point I will stop using Testosterone and I am sitting at 245Lbs with 8% body fat.

-What does my muscle require to be maintained?
    The way I understand it is that aside from the proper nutrition, the exercise is also required. If te muscle is not used to its full capacity it undergoes catabolism since it is not needed? So the proper nutrition and at least once a week muscle stimulation with heavy weights?

Is it possible for a person that used AAS in order to gain such muscle mass to maintain that mass naturally or is AAS required to maintain that mass?

Thank you.

Peace Missile is offline Junior Member
    ..lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids View Post
    I have a question about the muscle maintenance.

What does a muscle require in order to exist?

To be more specific...say, at one point I will stop using Testosterone and I am sitting at 245Lbs with 8% body fat.

-What does my muscle require to be maintained?
    The way I understand it is that aside from the proper nutrition, the exercise is also required. If te muscle is not used to its full capacity it undergoes catabolism since it is not needed? So the proper nutrition and at least once a week muscle stimulation with heavy weights?

Is it possible for a person that used AAS in order to gain such muscle mass to maintain that mass naturally or is AAS required to maintain that mass?

Thank you.
    Certainly no matter what it takes a lot of effort to at those stats.

New research has been coming out the last few years about those who use AAS and the long term advantages that it gives the person. Without getting into the specific mechanics of it. It is now being discovered that after the usage of AAS the nuclear count of muscle fibers increases. This is significant because muscle cells DO NOT divid. Stem cells called satelite cells come in and DONATE their nucleus (DNA) to the muscle fiber to help with growth and repair. This occurs anyway as a response to chronic and intense exercise. With AAS usage it is believed that this process is enchanced significantly and gives the person permanent advantages for muscle growth and repair vs those that do not.

This is why sport governing organizations like the IOC are considering much longer bands and suspensions for those caught using banned substances.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

New research has been coming out the last few years about those who use AAS and the long term advantages that it gives the person. Without getting into the specific mechanics of it. It is now being discovered that after the usage of AAS the nuclear count of muscle fibers increases. This is significant because muscle cells DO NOT divid. Stem cells called satelite cells come in and DONATE their nucleus (DNA) to the muscle fiber to help with growth and repair. This occurs anyway as a response to chronic and intense exercise. With AAS usage it is believed that this process is enchanced significantly and gives the person permanent advantages for muscle growth and repair vs those that do not.

This is why sport governing organizations like the IOC are considering much longer bands and suspensions for those caught using banned substances.
    sick info MS, you're the man.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho

Wow, i had no idea about this. Good stuff bro.

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    I have a question. How come every time I squat or deadlift it feels like I'm working out my spine and not my muscles? Just did squats, easily repping 455, no belt. Sure I could go heavier, but the more I rep, the more I get cramps in the right sacral region at the base of my spine near hips. Cramps up bad. I can still lift if I can ignore the pain, and it goes away after discontinuing in about 10-15 minutes. I could wear a belt, but it would not help this pain. I wear one for deadlifts over 400. What do I do, go to an orthopaedist or sports medicine practitioner or something and get scans done? When it comes to the human musculoskeletal system, I'm mostly in the dark. I just know it hurts.

Another question, who is the person shown in your avatar? What a perturbed expression... Just curious to know the background on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I have a question. How come every time I squat or deadlift it feels like I'm working out my spine and not my muscles? Just did squats, easily repping 455, no belt. Sure I could go heavier, but the more I rep, the more I get cramps in the right sacral region at the base of my spine near hips. Cramps up bad. I can still lift if I can ignore the pain, and it goes away after discontinuing in about 10-15 minutes. I could wear a belt, but it would not help this pain. I wear one for deadlifts over 400. What do I do, go to an orthopaedist or sports medicine practitioner or something and get scans done? When it comes to the human musculoskeletal system, I'm mostly in the dark. I just know it hurts.

Another question, who is the person shown in your avatar? What a perturbed expression... Just curious to know the background on it.
    It is difficult to say exactly what your problem would be. I would recommend that you see one of three health practicioners. Either a sports med doc, a chiropractor or a physical therapist. Make sure you ask if they deal with weight lifters as we present unique challenges. Out of those three the PT will require a referal from an MD before they can treat you.

The person in my Avvy is Snookie from the show Jersy Shore on MTV.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

TheGrowingMan is offline New Member
    Hi,

My questions are on CJC 1295, GHRP-6 and HGH.

I have been reading a lot about CJC 1295 with and without DAC. There is a lot of conflicting info and everyone seems to have a different opinion on it so it can be very confusing

If it is without DAC am I right in saying the half life is shorter so should be taken 2 - 3 times daily same as ghrp?
    Is CJC with DAC better than without?
    Does it work better when stacked with GHRP-6?
    Will either lead to water retention?
    Are there any negative side effects besides hunger from ghrp?
    Can you stack with regular HGH also or should you do them in seperate cycles?
    How long should you rung a cycle for?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys
    Last edited by TheGrowingMan; 11-26-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: added a little to it

How important is stretching really? Is there any concrete (study or personal experience) that shows it does anything for muscle growth?

I feel it prevents against injury but idk about it helping you any other way. I know about the theories about the z lines and all that, but can you honestly say it makes the difference? All the big guys do it lol.

Blog Entries
    How important is stretching really? Is there any concrete (study or personal experience) that shows it does anything for muscle growth?

I feel it prevents against injury but idk about it helping you any other way. I know about the theories about the z lines and all that, but can you honestly say it makes the difference? All the big guys do it lol.
    Stretching definitely has its time and place and is dependent on the type of physical activity one plans on doing.

A few common misconceptions about stretching are:

Injury Prevention: There have been in reality very few studies that really show a relationship between stretching and reduced risk of injury. In fact a few authors have noted that there may be possible increased injury. One mechanism proposed is altered proprioceptive input from the forced elongation of the muscle, tendon and muscle fascial sheaths.

Stretching helps warm up the muscle BEFORE an exercise:

Static stretching has been shown to decrease the overall ability of an exerciser to perform certain types of resistance training. In that it can decrease the overall force production potential of the muscle. It can potentially inhibit the performance of the nervous system when trying to produce a coordinated motion.

It has been considered best to actually stretch after resistance training or an athletic event.

Dynamic Stretching before exercise has been shown to help with improved performance in short term athletic events like sprinting and throwing motions. Overall ROM of a joint has been described as the most important factor when performing a dynamic type stretching exercise.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Stretching definitely has its time and place and is dependent on the type of physical activity one plans on doing.

A few common misconceptions about stretching are:

Injury Prevention: There have been in reality very few studies that really show a relationship between stretching and reduced risk of injury. In fact a few authors have noted that there may be possible increased injury. One mechanism proposed is altered proprioceptive input from the forced elongation of the muscle, tendon and muscle fascial sheaths.

Stretching helps warm up the muscle BEFORE an exercise:

Static stretching has been shown to decrease the overall ability of an exerciser to perform certain types of resistance training. In that it can decrease the overall force production potential of the muscle. It can potentially inhibit the performance of the nervous system when trying to produce a coordinated motion.

It has been considered best to actually stretch after resistance training or an athletic event.

Dynamic Stretching before exercise has been shown to help with improved performance in short term athletic events like sprinting and throwing motions. Overall ROM of a joint has been described as the most important factor when performing a dynamic type stretching exercise.
    Very interesting information. So are you saying that there is no connection to muscle growth and flexibility? As we have discussed before I am very unflexible and I was trying to fix that but stretching is so difficult and I really hate doing it so I have stopped. You think this will hinder my gains in any way?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I have asked this in another thread and would like you opinion please
    I want to do cardio at least 5 times a week and am putting in a big effort this year to train legs. I almost find it impossible to do cardio after a legs workout and don't like to do cardio the day after as i am worried about the effect on growth. Will doing cardio the day after leg day have an effect on leg growth and recovery? I am doing legs about every 4 days sometimes 5. Thanks in advance.
    Cardio consist of ten mins low int followed by 40m sprints about 15/20.

Blog Entries
    Stretch after weight training or cardio. This counters the repeated shortening and lengthing consistent with muscle contraction. Basically you want to re-lengthen the muscle out after repeated shortening.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    I read a paper about 3 years ago on this very question. It basically said that you should perform cardio right after doing legs. Next day cardio showed to hinder to a certain degree the growth and repair of the muscle, vs that of same day cardio.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Thanks for the reply, I find it hard to walk straight after doing legs let alone cardio, maybe I should just give next day a miss. I Feel that the muscles don't feel right for 2 days after for a cardio session. might log down next 6 months no cardio after, then second half cardio after and see how I go.

nk92mi is offline Junior Member
    MS, i went to chiro the other day and she told me that my hips are twisted some and now my left leg is a little shorter than my right one. i want to get it back straightened out with stretching and exercise. its not a big difference, but when i run, my left leg tires out before the right one. my hamstring and calf muscle on that side are always tight, hindering my runs to 3 miles. should i get a heel lift in the mean time? what exercises would you recommend doing to make my hips/core, stronger?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nk92mi View Post
    MS, i went to chiro the other day and she told me that my hips are twisted some and now my left leg is a little shorter than my right one. i want to get it back straightened out with stretching and exercise. its not a big difference, but when i run, my left leg tires out before the right one. my hamstring and calf muscle on that side are always tight, hindering my runs to 3 miles. should i get a heel lift in the mean time? what exercises would you recommend doing to make my hips/core, stronger?
    Did she say if it was a function or anatomical short leg?

If she said functional a heal lift will not really solve the problem. If its an anatomical difference you may ask her about a heal lift.

Typically what happens to almost everyone, especially runners is that their hip flexors are much more developed than that of the hamstrings. This leads to a short tight hip flexor and a long weak hamstring. Without doing an exam on you myself I couldnt really say what it is. however a few could exercise to start with would be two that I put almost everyone on to start when I train or advise athletes.

Bird dog exercise, you can youtube this one. This basically isolates the hip extensors. (hamstrings) Make sure to keep you hips level on this one. Sometimes people will rock to one side or the other. Pretend someone has but a class of water on the small of your back. If you rotate at all you will spill the water.

The second one is standing single straight leg dead lift. Basically you stand on one leg and perform a straight legged dead lift. This helps find and then strength the muscles that are weak on either side. Do them bilateral, slow and controlled. Weight on these is not the issue, its about getting the muscles to function properly. You also get a good amount of balance work from this as well.

Then stretch those hip flexors after every workout and every run. I would recommend you continue to see your chiro, over time the connective tissues will tend to compensate for anatomical imbalances. You will more than likely need some additional therapies to help correct the problem.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

gymmonster is offline Associate Member
    I have never been big on running or jogging but have a PT test that involves a 2 mile run. My question is.. when running l get painfull cramps in my calf
    and if its not in my calf its in the muscle on the outer side of my shin.
    Any advice on something that can help alleviate this problem.
    l tried stretching real good before running.
    Justread youre previous post about doing it after wich makes a lot of sense.

csavage0 is offline Member
    MS glad your here. I am currently getting my masters in exercise sports science and plan on getting a Phd in ex phys. I'm about to embark on that cscs wish me luck . Just wanted to say hi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gymmonster View Post
    I have never been big on running or jogging but have a PT test that involves a 2 mile run. My question is.. when running l get painfull cramps in my calf
    and if its not in my calf its in the muscle on the outer side of my shin.
    Any advice on something that can help alleviate this problem.
    l tried stretching real good before running.
    Justread youre previous post about doing it after wich makes a lot of sense.
    Cramping instantly makes me thing of electrolyte balance and water intake. However if your have not been running, the body will not always react favorably at first to the new stimulus. You should gradually increase the number of miles you put in on a weekly basis if you have time. When you get home, Ice down the areas that hurt. More than likely you are suffering from shin splints to some extent.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by csavage0 View Post
    MS glad your here. I am currently getting my masters in exercise sports science and plan on getting a Phd in ex phys. I'm about to embark on that cscs wish me luck . Just wanted to say hi
    Awesome man, it should be a good ride. I love metabolism, and would really like some day to get back to primary research. The problem is, when you became a PhD. Your time is consumed being a administrator. The graduate students get to do all the cool lab work. You wont regret it, you will have a career that you could potentially help many many people. Plus it is cool to tell people your a scientist. It was for me for awhile anyway...Good Luck

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    MS, if you have already answerd this please link me

What is ur take on taking in protein/ whey before fasted cardio?

The reason I ask is because a member asked why i do this and not BCAA's

My belief was that protein will enter the blood stream as Amino acids, thus not a fuel source unless gluconeogenesis occurs ( which should not occur if intensity is kept low)

What is the science behind protein taking the body out of a fasted, glucose depleted state

Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    MS, if you have already answerd this please link me

What is ur take on taking in protein/ whey before fasted cardio?

The reason I ask is because a member asked why i do this and not BCAA's

My belief was that protein will enter the blood stream as Amino acids, thus not a fuel source unless gluconeogenesis occurs ( which should not occur if intensity is kept low)

What is the science behind protein taking the body out of a fasted, glucose depleted state
    certain bcaa's can cause an insulin spike in the blood stream regardless of glucose being present or not. With this insulin spike all nutrients are directed to enter a cell nearest them. Most likely fat cells or muscle tissue. Insulin competitively blocks adrenaline based on molar concentrations. Thus fatty acid mobilization from fat cells is reduced and liver glucose is spared
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 02-03-2011 at 02:15 PM.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I would think that the insulin release from a whey shake would be grater than that of BCAA's

Would you reccomend 30g of whey or 15g BCAA's (pure) pre fasted cardio

Blog Entries
    I would say both, there are only 3 bcaa and there are 20 amino acids in whey. A much more broad spectrum of aminos for the body to use.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Thread Information