Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    we're way off topic and I don't really desire to attack peoples faith so I'll just shut up at this point

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    I'm no bible-thumper, however I am a saved Christian. Most of what is being debated amongst us here can be reflected in a passage of the good book, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ~ Hebrews 11:1.

This means believers don't need scientific proof or studies to know there is a Higher Being among us. He is our savior, and you're either with him, or against him, no in-between or "I need to see more proof before I believe". It's a doctrine of whats known as blind faith.

But lets leave religion at the door cuz this debate can rage on forever. Whatever you happen to believe in, I think its important that all mankind show compassion, humility (a fundamental Christian concept might I add), and respect for all life in general.

good post - and you are 100% right brother... i just like to debate - with out calling names (i will give back what i get... ) but if they will not read they will never know, and that would be sad for me i want all my aas bro's in heaven with us...

i hope they read but it is their choice... i also will (and have prayed) for their harts to be soft to the info...

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    he's not qualified to write on these matters
    see the donate button in the upper left hand corner
    his calling is spreading religion and mission work not the study of science
    just cause the guy has needs for money doesnt make what he says any less appropriate for the discussion...

it always worry me as well when people ask for money - however, we all donate to people we support and want to help.... he is just asking for help not your vote

well, I watched a few min and all I heard was the spewing of fallacies.

example of a fallacy
    "I disproved evoloution, therfore I proved creation."
    take it like he is saying that "i have disproved evolution, their for i have proven creation" that is the normal scientific approach (he was formal an non-beliver and a scientist... his original mission was to prove God wrong, oops, he proved God right and became a beleiver)

their is hope for you too bro (lol)

i thank you for keeping this debate fairly clean of bad attitudes - i appricate you opinion and you position - i DO NOT AGREE WITH IT, i was in you shoes earlier in my life

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    just cause the guy has needs for money doesnt make what he says any less appropriate for the discussion...

it always worry me as well when people ask for money - however, we all donate to people we support and want to help.... he is just asking for help not your vote
    regardless of his motives, he's an english teacher, not a scientist

as for his motives, he's beyond religious
    I can tell you're a man with faith, but would you take it to the level of moving across the street from an abortion clinic? I doubt many would.

we're way off topic and I don't really desire to attack peoples faith so I'll just shut up at this point
    it is all good - like i said i appreciate you position... dont agree with it but - that is why i listen and comment - i felt that way before and someone took the time to get me to read for my self, when i did i was very confused (i used to believe in evolution - i was raised in the usa's public schools) the questions i came with need answers - the educated people i asked made me read for my self to find the truth... 5 years later i became a saved christian - that was 12 years ago...

God is good bro

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    15 to go

regardless of his motives, he's an english teacher, not a scientist

as for his motives, he's beyond religious
    I can tell you're a man with faith, but would you take it to the level of moving across the street from an abortion clinic? I doubt many would.
    i'll say this about abortion... my first daughter was born 26 weeks and 4 days... she came out 1.5 lbs... kicking, fighting, crying... and breating!! her eyes were wide open and she was pissed off with feelings and pain.

in nys they do abortions up to 28 weeks, that means that they would have grabbed a spoon like knife and cut her in to little pieces in my wife's belly... pulled her out arm, leg, arm, decapitated head, torso then the other parts...

the next two boy were fine ... the last boy died apon birth... the last child i had (a few day ago) was also born early 2.5 months ... she (girls are killing me - lol) was very early but beathing and wanting to be held and sooo much more ...

lots of people kill these babies!!! if i ever lost my family (all the kids and my wife) i would park my self in front of abortion clinic and beg every woman and man that came through to please reconsider ... (i would do 2000 cc of test a week too)

it does sound extream what he did or does but i appriciate his commitment, and agree with his work (i am not agreeing on his actions )

in the world today animals have more rights than babies...

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    15 to go
    lol... im jealous !!! you post whore - did you and prone read the same book on how to get 3000?

Blog Entries
    ^^ yes lol....

take it like he is saying that "i have disproved evolution, their for i have proven creation" that is the normal scientific approach (he was formal an non-beliver and a scientist... his original mission was to prove God wrong, oops, he proved God right and became a beleiver)

their is hope for you too bro (lol)

i thank you for keeping this debate fairly clean of bad attitudes - i appricate you opinion and you position - i DO NOT AGREE WITH IT, i was in you shoes earlier in my life
    Copied from the comments section of the video
    Hovind's "predictions" are not predictions, they are observations interpreted to support his view. In order to test a theory you predict phenomena not yet observed and formulate experiments in order to test these predictions. The engineer who claims to be the least qualified is wrong. Hoving has NO qualifications from acredited sources. His doctorate comes from a diploma mill bible college. I have read his PHD thesis and it is hilarious. A PHD is awarded to someone who furthers the knowledge in a chosen field. Hovind's thesis, apart from being incomplete, is based on ideas refuted before he wrote it. There is no original research. It is also incomplete. Kent Hovind is a liar, he uses arguments he knows to be untrue. I have seen him construct straw man "big bang" argument based on a text book explanation of the generation of a star. Hovind cannot tell the difference between the birth of a star and the expansion of time and space. Anyone who treats this man with anything other than contempt is fool.

Wow...so many fallacies. I don't even know where to start. Using "dogs produce dogs" to make his point and the guy expects people to take him seriously. (I kinda stated the same thing before reading the comments)

My parents raised me to be religious, so I kinda went the opposite way.

i'll say this about abortion... my first daughter was born 26 weeks and 4 days... she came out 1.5 lbs... kicking, fighting, crying... and breating!! her eyes were wide open and she was pissed off with feelings and pain.

in nys they do abortions up to 28 weeks, that means that they would have grabbed a spoon like knife and cut her in to little pieces in my wife's belly... pulled her out arm, leg, arm, decapitated head, torso then the other parts...

the next two boy were fine ... the last boy died apon birth... the last child i had (a few day ago) was also born early 2.5 months ... she (girls are killing me - lol) was very early but beathing and wanting to be held and sooo much more ...

lots of people kill these babies!!! if i ever lost my family (all the kids and my wife) i would park my self in front of abortion clinic and beg every woman and man that came through to please reconsider ... (i would do 2000 cc of test a week too)

it does sound extream what he did or does but i appriciate his commitment, and agree with his work (i am not agreeing on his actions )

in the world today animals have more rights than babies...
    I respect your opinion on that, mostly due to your life experiences.
    I can't understand why someone would take so long to make up their mind about something like an abortion.

i was pro life always but not really strong about it after my experence i can talk strongly about it....

good conversation kratos

and I'm not anti-religious people...I'm not religious myself but I can understand why people are. I would just have more respect if people would focusing on stating there is room for God and science rather than trying to discredit science. For example, maybe God put the peices in place for evoloution to occur knowing what the result would be. That would be a better explaination to me. Science is not an enemy of relgion, at least not at this point.

and I'm not anti-religious people...I'm not religious myself but I can understand why people are. I would just have more respect if people would focusing on stating there is room for God and science rather than trying to discredit science. For example, maybe God put the peices in place for evoloution to occur knowing what the result would be. That would be a better explaination to me. Science is not an enemy of relgion, at least not at this point.
    o ya, that is the total truth!!! it God made the earth then science and God must fit perfectly... the video i posted (two hours) does a real good job of tieing the two togather... he does bash the present idea of science and creation dont fit...

but that is exactly what i believe that science and God are one... just that alot of science is off base... the facts of science can be proven with a little explination from doc hovind.

if you do get through all the video let me know if any of it make you think a little dif

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    If I tell you where all the white people are at can I live....

thank you

o ya, that is the total truth!!! it God made the earth then science and God must fit perfectly... the video i posted (two hours) does a real good job of tieing the two togather... he does bash the present idea of science and creation dont fit...

but that is exactly what i believe that science and God are one... just that alot of science is off base... the facts of science can be proven with a little explination from doc hovind.

if you do get through all the video let me know if any of it make you think a little dif
    little bit about "doc" hovind

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/1645...-on-all-counts

from Wikipedia
    Hovind attended the non-accredited Midwestern Baptist College and received a Bachelor of Religious Education (B.R.E.).[6] In 1988 and 1991 respectively, Hovind was awarded a master's degree and doctorate in Christian Education through correspondence from the non-accredited Patriot University in Colorado Springs, Colorado (now Patriot Bible University in Del Norte, Colorado which no longer offers this program)
    He's not a real PhD

According to the IRS, Hovind reportedly earned $50,000 a year through speaking engagements and, in 2002 alone, the ministry sold more than $1.8 million in merchandise.[33] Also, Hovind's theme park and merchandise sales earned more than $5 million USD from 1999 to March 2004.[34] On average, they say, Hovind "has made deposits to bank accounts well in excess of $1 million per year."[35] Eventually that grew to about $2 million a year.[36]. About half that income went to employees who were salaried or were paid hourly wages. However, Hovind derived "substantial revenue" from these activities that appeared to be "income to [him] personally."[37] Including DAL, Hovind also owned at least 10 properties.
    Wow, doing pretty good for a man of God.

Hovind was charged on September 13, 2002, for failure to observe county zoning regulations with respect to Dinosaur Adventure Land.[30] Despite arguments that the owners did not need a permit due to the nature of the building, the park was found in violation of local regulations.[119]

In 1996 Hovind unsuccessfully filed for bankruptcy to avoid paying federal income taxes claiming he wasn't a citizen of the US and did not earn income.[130] Hovind was found to have lied about his possessions and income

On May 13, 1998, Hovind and his wife attempted to evade responsibility for any promises, debts, or legal agreements made prior to April 15, 1998, by filing a document called "Power of Attorney and Revocation of Signature"[133] with the Escambia County Clerk of Courts. The document reads, in part: "I/we do hereby revoke and make void… all signatures on any instruments…". The Hovinds claimed they had signed government documents "due to the use of various elements of fraud and misrepresentations, duress, coercion, under perjury, mistake, 'bankruptcy'."[133]
    In the document, the Hovinds argue that Social Security is essentially a "Ponzi scheme."[133] The Hovinds referred to the United States Government as "the 'bankrupt' corporate government" and said they were renouncing their United States citizenship and Social Security numbers to become "a natural citizen of 'America' and a natural sojourner."[133] In 2002 Hovind was again delinquent in paying his taxes, and unsuccessfully sued the IRS for harassment.[

In 2004, IRS agents raided Hovind's home and business to confiscate financial records.[135] IRS agent Scott Schneider said Hovind's businesses had neither business licenses nor tax-exempt status. The Associated Press quoted Schneider as saying "Since 1997, Hovind has engaged in financial transactions indicating sources of income and has made deposits to bank accounts well in excess of $1 million per year during some of these years

as for his 2006 case which sent him to jail
    the judge noted that Hovind's defense was based on "bizarre arguments"
    hmmm bizarre arguments, he's good at those

The only people making claims against evoloution are either self serving or extreme in their religious views. In "doc" hovind's case both. If evoloution were up for debate, wouldn't you see it questioned by scientists of all faiths or non-faiths for that mater. Not just questioned by evangelical Christian's with dodgy credentials.

little bit about "doc" hovind

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/1645...-on-all-counts

from Wikipedia
    Hovind attended the non-accredited Midwestern Baptist College and received a Bachelor of Religious Education (B.R.E.).[6] In 1988 and 1991 respectively, Hovind was awarded a master's degree and doctorate in Christian Education through correspondence from the non-accredited Patriot University in Colorado Springs, Colorado (now Patriot Bible University in Del Norte, Colorado which no longer offers this program)
    He's not a real PhD

According to the IRS, Hovind reportedly earned $50,000 a year through speaking engagements and, in 2002 alone, the ministry sold more than $1.8 million in merchandise.[33] Also, Hovind's theme park and merchandise sales earned more than $5 million USD from 1999 to March 2004.[34] On average, they say, Hovind "has made deposits to bank accounts well in excess of $1 million per year."[35] Eventually that grew to about $2 million a year.[36]. About half that income went to employees who were salaried or were paid hourly wages. However, Hovind derived "substantial revenue" from these activities that appeared to be "income to [him] personally."[37] Including DAL, Hovind also owned at least 10 properties.
    Wow, doing pretty good for a man of God.

Hovind was charged on September 13, 2002, for failure to observe county zoning regulations with respect to Dinosaur Adventure Land.[30] Despite arguments that the owners did not need a permit due to the nature of the building, the park was found in violation of local regulations.[119]

In 1996 Hovind unsuccessfully filed for bankruptcy to avoid paying federal income taxes claiming he wasn't a citizen of the US and did not earn income.[130] Hovind was found to have lied about his possessions and income

On May 13, 1998, Hovind and his wife attempted to evade responsibility for any promises, debts, or legal agreements made prior to April 15, 1998, by filing a document called "Power of Attorney and Revocation of Signature"[133] with the Escambia County Clerk of Courts. The document reads, in part: "I/we do hereby revoke and make void… all signatures on any instruments…". The Hovinds claimed they had signed government documents "due to the use of various elements of fraud and misrepresentations, duress, coercion, under perjury, mistake, 'bankruptcy'."[133]
    In the document, the Hovinds argue that Social Security is essentially a "Ponzi scheme."[133] The Hovinds referred to the United States Government as "the 'bankrupt' corporate government" and said they were renouncing their United States citizenship and Social Security numbers to become "a natural citizen of 'America' and a natural sojourner."[133] In 2002 Hovind was again delinquent in paying his taxes, and unsuccessfully sued the IRS for harassment.[

In 2004, IRS agents raided Hovind's home and business to confiscate financial records.[135] IRS agent Scott Schneider said Hovind's businesses had neither business licenses nor tax-exempt status. The Associated Press quoted Schneider as saying "Since 1997, Hovind has engaged in financial transactions indicating sources of income and has made deposits to bank accounts well in excess of $1 million per year during some of these years

as for his 2006 case which sent him to jail
    the judge noted that Hovind's defense was based on "bizarre arguments"
    hmmm bizarre arguments, he's good at those

The only people making claims against evoloution are either self serving or extreme in their religious views. In "doc" hovind's case both. If evoloution were up for debate, wouldn't you see it questioned by scientists of all faiths or non-faiths for that mater. Not just questioned by evangelical Christian's with dodgy credentials.
    i could be in jail right now and giving good aas advise and be rock solid and right on... hovind is a person i wont defend - he is a man and like all of us a sinner... if you google his name you will see hundreds if not thousands of websites that try to discredit him... take him at his word and study what he says - dont look at him as you savour

This is all meaningless... this man will be held accountable for his actions, as will we all be. Be prepared. "for you yourselves know very well that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night." ~1 Thessalonians 5:2

and perhaps my greatest passage of all, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." ~ Acts 4:12.

Remember that little story about god flooding the earth? They laughed and mocked noah the entire time during the arks construction. God told Noah upon the FIRST DROP the doors to the ark shall be shut. Obviously leading to millions of souls demise, including those of which ridiculed Noah. This contemporary analogue to this could be compared to that of Christians worshiping and attempting to "save' in a sense their non-believing friends or relatives, and being mocked or called "crazy".

This man you two speak of will be delt with. As will every soul who ever lived, no need to worry of that I assure you...

Man this thread has been hi-jacked and flown around the world twice already!!!
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 02-24-2009 at 07:36 AM.

good post... i like it and it is spot on!!

Perhaps the story of creation is being taken to literally as it's written in the bible. Maybe the true story of the complexity of God's creation would have been too much for people to understand at the initial time of the bible.

The bottom line is I don't think it's nessicary to accept creationism to be a person of faith. I take issue with creationism and the denial of science, not the religion as a whole. It's a "the world is flat" theory imo.

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Just a reminder to be respectful...

I try to be fair to all and allow you all to express yourselfs... the title does let you know what this is about and that it is a subject that many will find offensive... however with the proper title you do not haft to open it if you do not want to or feel it will offend you... it is not everyones opinion it is shared however by some and they have the same rights to share, debate and discuss with one another in a calm and mannerly fashion as you do...

Thanks guys for your cooperation in this matter...

*admin*
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Blog Entries
    It offends me that the french are allowed to live..

meathead320 is offline Member
    I'm Racist.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    All Whites Need to be Marinated.

^^^^^^omg that funny

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    All Whites Need to be Marinated.
    Can I have mine BBQ'd with a little chinese on the side???

Us damn white devils!

hey buffed arent u supposed to have chock full-o-virgins waitin for ya in the afterlife??? better keep juicin it up so your libido can handle all those womenz! either that or make sure you put in your request to allah for some Viagra, im sure he has some handy cuz he can get all the virgins his lil heart desires I imagine! oh and the Prophet Muhammad (born 600 years AFTER Christ may I add) must be bangin' em like crazy too!! Hopefully ol' Mo' will save some hoochies for the honorable Elijah Mohammad and the venomus anti-semite Louis Farrakkan.

Go Mo-o, Go Mo-o, its ur birthday, its ur birthday.. BBBMM CHHH CHH CHH BMM CHHH....

=) just kidding, naturally.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 02-24-2009 at 05:30 PM.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    ... it's gonna be hard to follow that one! LOL

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    can't we all just get along???.....lol

Penguins are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post
    LMAO!! good 1 bro

Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    Penguins are awesome.
    <Referring to T-mos original Penguin post>
    No silly, remember, we are mankind, and we've never gotten along, and more than likely never will... ...

..but don't label me a pessimist, but rather an optimistic realist.. although I think that might actually be a oxymoron... either way, its all .
    like the old sayin goes, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.. (funeral expression derrived from Biblical passage in Genesis i believe when Lord said, "from the dust you've been created; and to the dust you shall return".
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 02-24-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Clairification

Dinosaur is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    Us damn white devils!

hey buffed arent u supposed to have chock full-o-virgins waitin for ya in the afterlife??? better keep juicin it up so your libido can handle all those womenz! either that or make sure you put in your request to allah for some Viagra, im sure he has some handy cuz he can get all the virgins his lil heart desires I imagine! oh and the Prophet Muhammad (born 600 years AFTER Christ may I add) must be bangin' em like crazy too!! Hopefully ol' Mo' will save some hoochies for the honorable Elijah Mohammad and the venomus anti-semite Louis Farrakkan.

Go Mo-o, Go Mo-o, its ur birthday, its ur birthday.. BBBMM CHHH CHH CHH BMM CHHH....

=) just kidding, naturally.

you are very disrespetful the way you are describing things about my religion, god, and prophet mohamed (p.b.u.h). this is not how we make jokes. why don't you stay limited to the context of this thread before this thread gets locked or closed.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    virgins suck in bed anyways

Quote Originally Posted by charrif View Post

you are very disrespetful the way you are describing things about my religion, god, and prophet mohamed (p.b.u.h). this is not how we make jokes. why don't you stay limited to the context of this thread before this thread gets locked or closed.
    Okay, lets see here, you want me to be respectful to and humble to your religion all while staying ON topic which happens to be "ALL WHITE PEOPLE NEED TO BE EXTERMINATED"? all while buffed spews subtle anti-white jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    virgins suck in bed anyways
    yes, but do they swallow in bed too???

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    All BigSexy's need to be banned every where!!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information