Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SCIENCE/SPACE/TIME - a meeting of the minds!

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I like that pic..... very cool. I just watched something on that 2 nights ago.....

~Haz~
    Haz, did u visit this site?

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    This was my B-day

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    YEAH MAN! It's in my favorites now LOL..... awesome website! How the hell did you find that? lol

~Haz~

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Very cool pic......

YEAH MAN! It's in my favorites now LOL..... awesome website! How the hell did you find that? lol

~Haz~
    LOL, dont even ask, i googled something and came about it....

This sunday on the science channel (Channel 759 for those on the east coast with HD) there's going to be a segment on at 9:00pm Eastern time about time travel and how there is no law in physics that prevents it..... It's hosted by Dr. Michio Kaku.

Just lettin you all know.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

- Knockout_Power

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I haven't read through this entire thread but here's some cool stuff to ponder, not sure if it's been mentioned.

-What's up with dark matter? Our universe is constantly expanding but into what? Whats beyond the edge? What happens if you just keep going and going in a straight line? Where do you go?

-Steven Hawkings Universe special on Discovery comming soon. Anybody here about it? Supposedly they create some of his theories. Looks pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    I haven't read through this entire thread but here's some cool stuff to ponder, not sure if it's been mentioned.

-What's up with dark matter? Our universe is constantly expanding but into what? Whats beyond the edge? What happens if you just keep going and going in a straight line? Where do you go?

-Steven Hawkings Universe special on Discovery comming soon. Anybody here about it? Supposedly they create some of his theories. Looks pretty cool
    YES! Actually I should edit my post..... stephen hawkings special is on next sunday at 9:00pm.

The time travel thing is on tonight at 9:00pm I believe.....

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    Well..... I believe we know dark amtter is there..... we just can't "collect" it yet.

We know the universe is expanding...... everything is getting further and futher apart. This could mean that our universe will eventually expand so much that it will go through a "Freeze" period and everything will die off.

As far as what is beyond the universe..... we have no idea. I believe the furthest we've looked was to 1 second after the big bang. New telescopes that are due to launch very soon will be able to see up until about 1/10th of a second after the big bang. Pretty crazy stuff......

Also.... if you believe in string theory and such..... there would be another universe outside of ours. The big bang may be a result of 2 universes colliding into eachother......

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Well..... I believe we know dark amtter is there..... we just can't "collect" it yet.

We know the universe is expanding...... everything is getting further and futher apart. This could mean that our universe will eventually expand so much that it will go through a "Freeze" period and everything will die off.

As far as what is beyond the universe..... we have no idea. I believe the furthest we've looked was to 1 second after the big bang. New telescopes that are due to launch very soon will be able to see up until about 1/10th of a second after the big bang. Pretty crazy stuff......

Also.... if you believe in string theory and such..... there would be another universe outside of ours. The big bang may be a result of 2 universes colliding into eachother......

~Haz~
    The last book I read by Steven Hawking (The Universe In A Nutshell) suggested that the shape of the Universe supported infinite expansion. I am not a scientist by any means but from my understanding a universe must have a particular shape in order for it to continuously expand. You are correct in that if there is a flaw in the shape of our Universe it will collapse back in on itself.

If you have not already, look into the M-Theory, which basically combines all theories into one massive theory or TOE (Theory of Everything).

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Ro View Post
    The last book I read by Steven Hawking (The Universe In A Nutshell) suggested that the shape of the Universe supported infinite expansion. I am not a scientist by any means but from my understanding a universe must have a particular shape in order for it to continuously expand. You are correct in that if there is a flaw in the shape of our Universe it will collapse back in on itself.

If you have not already, look into the M-Theory, which basically combines all theories into one massive theory or TOE (Theory of Everything).
    I've heard a lot about a TOE but as far as I knew..... it was something all physicists were striving for but havn't figured out yet.

If you get a chance..... read the book "Physics of the impossible" by Dr. Michio Kaku...... it's a great read.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

An update from Nasa's Kepler probe.....

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/?GT1=43001

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Time to update this thread!

I saw a show last night on the bubble theory and other cool sh*t...... i'll try to post what I remember.

They were talking about how big the universe was, if it ever ends, and if it does..... what lies beyond it? I can't really show the drawing of the "multi-verse" but basically it's an even bigger universe that our own universe and other universes exist in. Here's the interesting part tho (atleast for me) - If the universe never ends..... if it's infinite..... then there will without a doubt be other earths and somewhere out there will be EXACT copies of us. There can only be so many patterns of atoms and eventually..... the patterns will repeat. They then went to tie this in with how electrons can be in two places at once and also with the theory of parallel universes.

Somewhere out there is a Hazard who looks, acts, talks, and even thinks he's me. If me and "him" ever came across eachother..... we'd both swear we're the "original" but neither of us is wrong. If this theory holds true..... than life technically is "immortal" - even when I pass away..... there's another "me" out there someplace and I will reappear once again when the pattern repeats. So could we really be "immortal" after all.....? Perhaps just not in the sense that we thought immortality to be?

Flagg.... hope you see this

~Haz~
    Last edited by Hazard; 05-21-2011 at 12:56 PM.

- Knockout_Power

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Very interesting theory.. this ties well into my theory of reincarnation as well.. if the universe is in fact infinite than there has to be an exact copy.. if it is just a finite space than what lies outside of it??? more space?? These are questions that probably will never be answered.. the theories are about as easy to wrap your mind around as what heaven would be like or any of that..

great thread by the way.. i am surprised how old it is...

Wait until TR reads this stuff.. he loves this kind of thing.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Awesome thread Haz!!!

Love this stuff.
    Looking forward to spending more time after the summer, when personal things settle, to start reading again. And will start with one of my favorites, "The Elegant Universe". I will look for "Physics of the impossible".
    Parallell universes (multiple world theories) are so interesting.
    And ofcourse we have to leave science frequently and enter metaphysics and "the other side", in order to find answers science has yet to prove.

Multiple universe theory melts with our primitive perception of time. Ofcourse, there is no such thing as time, only an illusion. Everything is happening in an instant. Our inability to observe more then 1 time dimension. As we are unable to observe more than 3 space dimensions. For some reason, this is necessary in order for us to experience what we are supposed to.
    Not only do I believe in multiple universes, but we in these universes play out all the decisions we think we did not make.
    You want to leave "God" out of this thread, but I find it extremely hard to study this subject without continuously discover some form of crating force/energy behind the perfection. To me, it melts together. Discussing the possibility of an creative intelligence, along with metaphysics, makes it to me, so much more interesting. At least keep an open mind to it. Religion, on the other hand, is as outdated, and meaningless discussion as who´s Dad is strongest, and will derail any good philosophical sharing of metaphysics.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Time to update this thread!

I saw a show last night on the bubble theory and other cool sh*t...... i'll try to post what I remember.

They were talking about how big the universe was, if it ever ends, and if it does..... what lies beyond it? I can't really show the drawing of the "multi-verse" but basically it's an even bigger universe that our own universe and other universes exist in. Here's the interesting part tho (atleast for me) - If the universe never ends..... if it's infinite..... then there will without a doubt be other earths and somewhere out there will be EXACT copies of us. There can only be so many patterns of atoms and eventually..... the patterns will repeat. They then went to tie this in with how electrons can be in two places at once and also with the theory of parallel universes.

Somewhere out there is a Hazard who looks, acts, talks, and even thinks he's me. If me and "him" ever came across eachother..... we'd both swear we're the "original" but neither of us is wrong. If this theory holds true..... than life technically is "immortal" - even when I pass away..... there's another "me" out there someplace and I will reappear once again when the pattern repeats. So could we really be "immortal" after all.....? Perhaps just not in the sense that we thought immortality to be?

Flagg.... hope you see this

~Haz~
    Haz watch this, it's part one of a phenomenal BBC documentory i watched a couple years ago. It's part 1 and you can find the other parts in the side bar of the first part on YouTube:

The Secret Life of Chaos Part (1 - 6)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HACkykFlIus

It basically states, that even in what appears to be absolute chaos, randomness and stochastic effects, there is infact order, rules and laws governing everything, from biology to natural processes to chemistry to physics.

As for a dupilicate of you...well there doesn't necessarily have to be a parallel universe. I mean think about it, if the Universe is infinite, that means there are literally, an infinite amount of variables. Which means at some point, processes that created this planet and all life exactly could possibly have been recreated exactly the same way, somewhere else. There could be another lifeform out there somewhere, exactly like you. Haha, that's only if the Universe is infinite. If the universe is infinite, i dont see it as some sort of "presence" that is literally everywhere, more like a loop that repeats on itself.

Of course creating another earth like planet is a pretty unique process, look up "Rare Earth Hypothesis" for more, but i read somewhere that due to the amount of stars in our galaxy, and the factors that played into creating our planet like distance from the sun, having one moon, having two gas giants acting as "shields" in our solar system, then statistically there would be about 1 million earth like planets in our solar system alone. What kind of life they would have is anyones guess. Natural Selection is an incredible process and it would be amazing to see what it did with life on other planets. Did you know, that if you could rewind time on our planet back to when the first proteins and single cell organisms were forming, that we likely wouldn't be here now? Life would probably have developed much differently. And would always develop differently if you could rewind time, and let it "play" again.

Immortality is a relative term. There are some radioactive isotopes that are literally immortal. Take evolution in the animal kingdom. We're talking about processes that have taken place over thousands and millions of years, yet look at Neoplastic cells (Cancer). The spread of cancer, when neoplastic cells mutate into something detrimental, is known as clonal evolution. Interesting, but not much fun for the poor person who's got it. Their entire evolutionary life history is just the lifespan of one human, a few decades.

EDIT: While we're on the subject of cool, science, geek stuff, some of you should check out a documentory i got on DVD called "the future is wild". It looks at how like on earth might look in 5 million years time, 100 million years and then 250 million years time. Really cool, interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Flagg; 05-22-2011 at 08:06 AM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Haz watch this, it's part one of a phenomenal BBC documentory i watched a couple years ago. It's part 1 and you can find the other parts in the side bar of the first part on YouTube:

The Secret Life of Chaos Part (1 - 6)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HACkykFlIus

It basically states, that even in what appears to be absolute chaos, randomness and stochastic effects, there is infact order, rules and laws governing everything, from biology to natural processes to chemistry to physics.

As for a dupilicate of you...well there doesn't necessarily have to be a parallel universe. I mean think about it, if the Universe is infinite, that means there are literally, an infinite amount of variables. Which means at some point, processes that created this planet and all life exactly could possibly have been recreated exactly the same way, somewhere else. There could be another lifeform out there somewhere, exactly like you. Haha, that's only if the Universe is infinite. If the universe is infinite, i dont see it as some sort of "presence" that is literally everywhere, more like a loop that repeats on itself.

Of course creating another earth like planet is a pretty unique process, look up "Rare Earth Hypothesis" for more, but i read somewhere that due to the amount of stars in our galaxy, and the factors that played into creating our planet like distance from the sun, having one moon, having two gas giants acting as "shields" in our solar system, then statistically there would be about 1 million earth like planets in our solar system alone. What kind of life they would have is anyones guess. Natural Selection is an incredible process and it would be amazing to see what it did with life on other planets. Did you know, that if you could rewind time on our planet back to when the first proteins and single cell organisms were forming, that we likely wouldn't be here now? Life would probably have developed much differently. And would always develop differently if you could rewind time, and let it "play" again.

Immortality is a relative term. There are some radioactive isotopes that are literally immortal. Take evolution in the animal kingdom. We're talking about processes that have taken place over thousands and millions of years, yet look at Neoplastic cells (Cancer). The spread of cancer, when neoplastic cells mutate into something detrimental, is known as clonal evolution. Interesting, but not much fun for the poor person who's got it. Their entire evolutionary life history is just the lifespan of one human, a few decades.

EDIT: While we're on the subject of cool, science, geek stuff, some of you should check out a documentory i got on DVD called "the future is wild". It looks at how like on earth might look in 5 million years time, 100 million years and then 250 million years time. Really cool, interesting stuff.
    Wait, did you just say that there could be more than one Haz ?! Oh praise the lord !

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Wait, did you just say that there could be more than one Haz ?! Oh praise the lord !
    That would mean there was another you, who probably has the other Haz. Such is life..

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Maybe if i get raptured i will come back as the other me ?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    wow, sry bout that!
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 05-26-2011 at 07:10 PM.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    here is an interesting article about a large comet that was onyl detected twoyears ago and flys very close tyo the earth in 2012.. the devastation of an impact would be workd ending.. read the atricle here on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm8Xp...eature=related

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

~Haz~
    I'm going to have to call you on this one...... for us to be able to "see" one second after the big bang, there would have to have been photons fully developed after only one second. the universe didn't cool down sufficiently to allow the formation of photons until _______ ________ after the big bang. (fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I'm going to have to call you on this one...... for us to be able to "see" one second after the big bang, there would have to have been photons fully developed after only one second. the universe didn't cool down sufficiently to allow the formation of photons until _______ ________ after the big bang. (fill in the blank)
    Yea i can't pull that info up at the moment.... i'm going to have to remember where I heard it. I wanna say it was on the science channel but I believe it was Dr. Michio Kaku who said it.

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    This is why I love Sci-Fi like Stargate SG-1 They were always ahead of the curve talking about M-theory and creating an event horizon to an artificially stabilized wormhole in a subspace vacuum, for traveling great distances through space from planet to planet, taking into consideration for thousands of years of doppler shift. Of course this is all sci-fi but what is science fiction today become science fact tomorrow.

Yea i can't pull that info up at the moment.... i'm going to have to remember where I heard it. I wanna say it was on the science channel but I believe it was Dr. Michio Kaku who said it.

~Haz~
    The correct answer is somewhere between 300,000 and 500,000 "years" after the big bang did photons decouple from matter giving it the ability of moving about freely. This means, the farthest back ANY telescope relying on photonic transmission, the farthest back ANY telescope can see back in time is about 300,000 years after the big bang. NOT 1 second, ya big dummy! This is a well known and understood phenomenom. I found this within 30 seconds on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recombination_(cosmology)

Recombination (cosmology)From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
    Physical cosmology

In cosmology, recombination refers to the epoch at which charged electrons and protons in the universe first formed electrically neutral hydrogen atoms.[nb 1] After the Big Bang, the universe was a hot, dense plasma of photons, electrons, and protons. The interaction of photons with the plasma made the universe effectively opaque to radiation. As the universe expanded, it also cooled. Eventually, the universe cooled to the point that the formation of neutral hydrogen was energetically favored, and the fraction of free electrons and protons as compared to neutral hydrogen decreased to about 1 part in 10,000.

Shortly after, photons decoupled from matter in the universe, which leads to recombination sometimes being called photon decoupling, although recombination and photon decoupling are distinct events. Once photons decoupled from matter, they traveled freely through the universe without interacting with matter, and constitute what we observe today as cosmic microwave background radiation. Recombination occurred when the universe was roughly 380,000 years old, or at a redshift of z = 1,100.

While wikipedia is never the most reliable of sources, it does provide references of which to check certain information against.

But it's true, without photons you wouldn't be able to "see" anything.

All in all, I'd give Wiki a B+.... it cites it's sources, it has a continuous review process. But there are some pages that lack sufficient cites. therefore, imho, only a B+

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    what an awesome thread! love the info and insight. definitely has my head buzzin'

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    How did I not know this thread existed? Coincidence that it drops to page 5 (in New Posts) before I log in? Or, have a unconsciously avoided observing it in order to not interfere with the outcome?

/ vague reference

No, but seriously, glad I found it.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    This is why I love Sci-Fi like Stargate SG-1 They were always ahead of the curve talking about M-theory and creating an event horizon to an artificially stabilized wormhole in a subspace vacuum, for traveling great distances through space from planet to planet, taking into consideration for thousands of years of doppler shift. Of course this is all sci-fi but what is science fiction today become science fact tomorrow.
    Sci-Fi dork

- Knockout_Power

samoth is offline Member
    If the universe never ends..... if it's infinite

The universe is finite yet unbounded. And antimatter was not discovered in 2009.

Jeez, did all the science people leave this site or something? :sadface:

Quote Originally Posted by samoth View Post
    The universe is finite yet unbounded. And antimatter was not discovered in 2009.

Well please enlighten the rest of us "dullards" with your scientific acumen.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

I watched some of an old TV Series from the sixties call The Outer Limits and it had an episode of an anti-matter creature on it. So it has been talked about way before 2009....Even in Sci-Fi.

Invisible Paw Theory

For some reason, physics always seems "cooler", mostly thanks to shows like Starwars, Startrek, Doctor Who, Outer Limits, etc..

But I came across an article recently that was pretty interesting, suggesting that the domestication of the dog is what made humans, what they are today.

DNA screening has shown that the domestication of the dog occured around 100,000 years ago when packs of wolves and human settlements grew more and more tollerant of each other. Originally wolves would have scavenged around our settlements for food, something we would have tollerated due to noticing their strong sense of smell and hearing, something humans lack. In essence wolves acted as a kind of "early warning" system for any other external threats and dangers. Seeing as primates and wolves are both quite social creatures, it isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination to imagine them bonding as such.

What was also suggested, was that because of the wolfs keener senses, evolution selected against us reducing our sense of smell and hearing due to the presence of the wolves, enabling us to develop a more complex brain which would lead to us forming language as a primary form of communication, replacing smell as a means of recognition.

What is also interesting about this theory, is that humans are known as the most "scented ape", and the reason for this could be that as our sense of smell decreased over time, our scent increased to compensate and today, "sweating" is mostly used as a means of cooling down as opposed to giving off a "recognisable signal" to someone else.

This theory is quite controversial for a few reasons. Firstly, in religion it would simply be completely unacceptable to sugget that the decendents of dogs had a hand in what we are today. Similarly, a lot of evolutionists dont particularly like the idea that another animal acted as a selective pressure in our evolution.

Thoughts anyone? I'll post the full article below.

Part One: The Invisible Paw.
    Written by Utlah.

"It suggests that it wasn't God that created Man, it was the Dog. "

David Paxton suggested a radical new way to look at human evolution, and it is only with recent scientific discoveries that have helped to give credence to Paxton's theories, which he calls "The Invisible Paw". It suggests that it wasn't God that created Man, it was the Dog.

The beginning of the domestication of dogs can be traced back to one hundred thousand years ago by using DNA screening. This analysis also proved that the wolf is the origin of all the current breeds of domesticated dog. But how did the wolf benefit humans in the first place? The wolf would have scavenged around human campsites picking up scraps of food. The humans would have tolerated these wolves because a wolf's senses are more keen and have a stronger sense of smell and hearing, and it was these senses that humans lacked most. So while wolves took some of the food they repaid the debt by acting as an early warning system for the camp and making up for this lack in the human senses. This relationship would not have worked unless both had something in common, which was that both humans and wolves were social creatures with a complex social hierarchy and communication skills. Even at the most basic level a human can tell the emotional state of a canine, and it was this common ground that allowed the two species to interact. But Paxton then goes one step further and suggests that its from this need to interact with others which could well have been the initial steps for the beginning of human civilization. So it was not a case of Man who domesticated the Dog, it was the Dog that domesticated Man.

For some reason Homo Sapiens were doing better than Neanderthals, and it is now believed that it may have been the wolf that was the secret to Homo Sapiens success. Paxton then takes this theory another step forward. By using carbon dating and other anthropological techniques it is known that mankind itself was undergoing a radical evolutionary change during the same period that dogs were being domesticated. We now know that there were actually two separate bipedal ape species around at this time, early Homo Sapiens and Neanderthal man. Yet for some reason Neanderthal man died out leaving Homo Sapiens to become dominant. Some believe that this may have been caused by a mass genocide on the part of the Homo Sapiens, but the period of decline was far too long, between 120,000 and 30,000 years ago. For some reason Homo Sapiens were doing better than Neanderthals, and it is now believed that it may have been the wolf that was the secret to Homo Sapiens success.

From an evolutionary viewpoint, Neanderthals were more advanced. Although Homo Sapiens and Neanderthals had similar brain sizes, Neanderthal man was known to make and trade simple tools with Homo Sapiens. They were also known to bury their dead and place flowers on the graves, something that Homo Sapiens didn't do during the same period. But most notably the Neanderthals also had a protruding face, which indicated that they had a much better sense of smell and a more effective jaw with which to kill and eat. So if Neanderthals were physically superior why did they die out and Homo Sapiens survive? It may have been down to something as simple as the wolf. Homo Sapiens were physically smaller, and with a flat face they had a smaller nasal cavity which meant a less effective sense of smell. But with a smaller head and less developed senses within it they did not require thick neck muscles for support. This allowed them to have better developed vocal cords and facial expressions, and so was capable of a more intricate and advanced society and also gave them the ability to communicate with the wolf. The degraded sense of smell and hearing was no longer important since the wolf would have replaced this sense with it's own.

However, this was only half of the story. If this was all there was to the human/canine relationship then it wouldn't have lasted. Something else was required to cement the two together, and so the dogs played on the human parental instinct. The parental instincts are something programmed into the human mind to take care of it's young, so that humans find babies with big heads and large eyes attractive and feel an urge to look after them. Canine pups also share this same physical similarity with human babies, and so humans would take the most friendly and cute wolf cubs into the camp and take care of them. It was this hand rearing of the pups from birth that helped to domesticate the dog, something that has now been proved in Siberia over a period of forty years.

By taking Silver Foxes into captivity and selectively breeding them, Russian scientists have discovered the process of domestication. The selection of which of these foxes were allowed to breed was incredibly simple; except for a few control subjects only the foxes that did not try to bite humans were allowed to have offspring. By only the fourth generation the offspring were tame, and by the tenth generation they were completely domesticated to such a point that they acted just like normal household dogs. It was found that these domesticated foxes were mentally in a constant childlike state, and it's for this same reason that we are able to control dogs. For if dogs were allowed to mentally mature they would be more independent and less tolerant towards their human owners. They would still act like the wolf.

It may appear as if humans have controlled the dog's evolution, but look at it from the dog's point of view. It was the dogs themselves that decided to join the humans, and for them it's been very successful. Although dogs are more dependant on humans than their wild brethren the wolf, we have more dogs than children, while the numbers of wolves in the wild has been dramatically reduced. So it would truly seem that Man is a Dog's best friend.

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Well please enlighten the rest of us "dullards" with your scientific acumen.

The comment was intened to lament the loss of Nathan and that weird-name dude from Sweden who used to poast here; no need to take it personally.

If you're interested in this kind of thing, I would suggest checking out www.physicsforums.com.

In what way are you looking to 'enlighten' yourself? There's only so much you can delve into without math, unfortunately. (Things really aren't as cool as you think they are unless you really, really like abstract mathematics and theoretical constructs.)

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    I watched some of an old TV Series from the sixties call The Outer Limits and it had an episode of an anti-matter creature on it. So it has been talked about way before 2009....Even in Sci-Fi.

Yeah, I think OP was referencing a newer discovery of an antipion or something from the mid-00s. There's a lot of weird stuff in the standard model.

http://www.pha.jhu.edu/~dfehling/particle.gif

Atleast I never claimed to be a theoretical physicist..... hell..... i went to summer school for chemistry and didn't even bother with physics. The thread really isn't intended to figure out complex mathematical equations or even to find a fvckin answer to anything. It's merely a place to discus shit we don't understand and lament on how cool it is.

If you're willing to share you're "finite but unbounded" knowledge then please tell us all something cool..... and correct any information you can. I don't wanna sound like a jackass at my next presentation at yale when I discus anti-matter

~Haz~

- Knockout_Power

Thread Information