Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    ^understood.

if you have any troubles or questions with any "barbaric archaic beliefs", give me a hollar.

Best to you...

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I edited the pic. And i will leave the thread.

No disrespect. My dislike for religion must have gotten the best of me.
    My pic didn't offend you did it? My bad if it did.. it was a joke. we all know god is white not black. Saw you posted after me though.

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Again, you mess up God and religions.
    Like one can live without the other...
    Or ever has.
    These are apologetic excuses and they are becoming all to common these days.
    jmo

GuybrushThreepwod is offline Associate Member
    Why does Christianity always get brought up in conversations about God? It's almost as everyone has some huge grudge against Christians. No one bad mouths Buddhists or New Agers, only religions based on the Bible and it's heroes (Islam, Judaism, Christianity). The question was whether you believe in God. Not the Christian God, the Islamic God, the Hindu Gods etc... The question was, simply, do you believe in God. do you believe in an all mighty being. Human morals and human beliefs/views aside. IMHO, there is most definitely a higher power who created the universe as we know it. Whether we "evolved" as part of the creation, or were placed here relatively the same as we are now, to deny an intelligent design is ridiculous.

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    buddists are atheists.. they believe in no god...

new agers?? could you elaborate?? agnostics?? neo-pagans?? wiccans?

i choose not to believe in god.. or any gods for that matter.. i follow an ancient type of paganism that is atheistic

or to say the least, i have a problem with the common christian idea of god.. all good, all knowing, u know.. binevelence, omnipresence,omnipitance...

if god is all good, how could evil come of him?? how could the devil exist?

why would he allow genocide? murder? rape? are we to say that this is for the better good of all? if he is all these things, hes turned his back on all faiths christian or not...

and please save the creationist arguments.. we all know they are flawed by blind faith

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    how does one know God doesnt exist?

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    red haring...

would you say that there is more concrete evidence to prove the existance of god then the non-existance??

akham's razor & hume's razor both disagree with the idea of a divine being out there.. seeing as how you cannot even prove the existance of reality past the point of your own perseption, why even bring up the question??

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Cuz if he did, he would be a pal and present me 70 virgins...

...female virgins...

But he can't do that for me. Just like how he can't stop all the little girls from getting raped everyday or all the babies starving on a daily basis.

What a good guy. For so much power he has, he really doesn't put it to good use.

oooo, what I would do for 70 virgins......

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Cuz if he did, he would be a pal and present me 70 virgins...

...female virgins...

But he can't do that for me. Just like how he can't stop all the little girls from getting raped everyday or all the babies starving on a daily basis.

What a good guy. For so much power he has, he really doesn't put it to good use.

oooo, what I would do for 70 virgins......
    would you strap a bomb to your chest and commit jihad??

those fcukers, the use sex to get those poor bastards who usually arn't even adults to blow themselves up in the name of ala... this is what religion does.. and it's just as much christianity's fault as it is islams...

Blog Entries

There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can`t prove that there aren`t any, so shouldn`t we be agnostic with respect to fairies?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyjamjr View Post
    would you strap a bomb to your chest and commit jihad??

those fcukers, the use sex to get those poor bastards who usually arn't even adults to blow themselves up in the name of ala... this is what religion does.. and it's just as much christianity's fault as it is islams...

Yep... its pretty ridiculous ain't it?

Just for the sake of conversation, just because God exists, doesn't mean he cares what happens to us. I am by no means a religious expert (as you can tell from the Buddhist God comment...), I'm just trying to point out that God doesn't have to be good or evil to us to exist. Why should he? Maybe he just doesn't care about us. We are just some byproduct of a larger picture. I personally believe that he does care about us. I can't answer the questions about rape, starvation, murder, etc... but I do believe that there is some purpose beyond our understanding. Have you ever had something bad happen to you? It sucks at the time for sure, but if you chose to work through the pain, you arise stronger from the experience. Possibly even able to help others through a similar situation. Believe me, I'm not trying to condone horrible acts on our fellow man (i personally believe that all child molesters, murderers, rapists, etc... should be put to death), but good can come from evil if we so choose. And I also believe what goes around, comes around. Victims will find their peace and the perpetrators will receive their punishment.

And evolution through creation is a perfectly plausible theory. How did the matter come to be before the big bang for instance? Evolution is just another form of faith also. There is no concrete proof to prove evolution or creation. Some trust in man's science, some trust in God inspired writing. It all boils down to what you want to believe.
    Last edited by GuybrushThreepwod; 08-27-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwod View Post
    Just for the sake of conversation, just because God exists, doesn't mean he cares what happens to us. I am by no means a religious expert (as you can tell from the Buddhist God comment...), I'm just trying to point out that God doesn't have to be good or evil to us to exist. Why should he? Maybe he just doesn't care about us. We are just some byproduct of a larger picture. I personally believe that he does care about us. I can't answer the questions about rape, starvation, murder, etc... but I do believe that there is some purpose beyond our understanding. Have you ever had something bad happen to you? It sucks at the time for sure, but if you chose to work through the pain, you arise stronger from the experience. Possibly even able to help others through a similar situation. Believe me, I'm not trying to condone horrible acts on our fellow man (i personally believe that all child molesters, murderers, rapists, etc... should be put to death), but good can come from evil if we so choose. And I also believe what goes around, comes around. Victims will find their peace and the perpetrators will receive their punishment.

And evolution through creation is a perfectly plausible theory. How did the matter come to be before the big band for instance? Evolution is just another form of faith also. There is no concrete proof to prove evolution or creation. Some trust in man's science, some trust in God inspired writing. It all boils down to what you want to believe.

You're drunk

The devil was not always an evil character. At one time he was God's right hand man. He became prideful and tried to take down God. But as a creation of God, he failed. He then made it his purpose to do everything completely opposite of God. So where God is love, the devil is hate. Where God is brings pleasure, the devil brings pain. You get the point. Evil does not come from God, evil is the opposite of God brought forth by the devil. Man also was given the choice to do good or evil. Unfortunately, man more often then not chooses evil, which in turn, brings about more evil. For instance, a child who has been sexually assaulted, who receives no restoration, is more likely to become a child molester himself. God is not the one who is bringing forth all this evil, it is our defiance against restoration that keeps the cycle going. Although, all of this is only viable if you believe in Evil and Good being absolutes.

I don't drink.

Blog Entries

And evolution through creation is a perfectly plausible theory. How did the matter come to be before the big bang for instance? Evolution is just another form of faith also. There is no concrete proof to prove evolution or creation. Some trust in man's science, some trust in God inspired writing. It all boils down to what you want to believe.
    So if your daughter or son was getting raped. So you would just stand there and let it happen. Its obviously what God wants, and like you said, maybe they will learn from their experience....

give me a ****ing break...no one in their right mind would let that stand.

Its getting late, I need sleep.

Its all one big ****ed up fairy tale...

I don't drink.

haha, well I sure as hell need one.

Take from it what you will but you obviously missed my point.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Nice, DSM.

Reported.

Can I go onto the "gay thread full of homo goodness" and post an offensive pic to you?

You know if I did that everyone would get all pissy.

So you want tolerance, well learn to be tolerant.
    I couldn't say it in a better way!
    TOTALLY AGREE.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-boosted View Post
    Like one can live without the other...
    Or ever has.
    These are apologetic excuses and they are becoming all to common these days.
    jmo
    Sure you can, being a deist!
    I would advise you to study a bit of theology.
    Last edited by BJJ; 08-28-2009 at 02:18 AM.

BJJ
    ... to deny an intelligent design is ridiculous.
    Perfectly Agree.
    Last edited by BJJ; 08-28-2009 at 02:19 AM.

sizerp is offline Banned
    We're all human! I believe that as long as we're stuck in this organic world, we'll not know the "correct" answer to this debate. If ever.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    The reason I dont think like a Deist is because it's again, putting an anthropogenic spin on the Universe. Yes, Deism denies superstition and religion but again, it's a concept similiar to those in that it's looking for an anthropogenic way of looking at the Universe. It's my belief that creation and life is nothing more than a numbers game, that everything can be defined with maths and physics.

Look at it this way, what came first...God or the Universe? You could debate that for the creation to exist, there had to be a creator first. But from where did the creator originate? The only way one of these two abstracts could exist without the other is if one was infinite.

Another question to ask is, how did the Supreme Being become the supreme being. What sets him/her/it apart from everything else in creation? By comparison the difference between you and an ant is immense..it is impossible for the ant to even comprehend what we know but that doesnt make us neither supreme, or currently, in a better off position that the ant in defining the universe. I guess the point im making is that we can never quite accept anything on face value. An alien civilisation could visit us with a level of technology that makes them seem as far ahead of us as we are of the ant, technology that makes them seem like Gods, but are they really Gods? Or do they simply have a greater awareness of their surroundings over us?

Its a bit late and im sort of rambling here. If you do have a good book for me to read let me know as I am keen and find this stuff very interesting.
    This is it, hope you did not read it already.
    Personally, having studied myself the topics, I agree with many ideas reported and in general I would say it should be read by everybody in school to open everyone's mind.

The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You to Read
    by Tim C. Leedom

ranging1 is offline Anabolic Member
    OK i havent read all ur posts, so sorry if i repeat something BUT FUK DERS 3 pages here lol

this is what i think and from what ive studied, im currently studying economics and accounting (i know its not religion BUT im majoring in religious studies, history of economys and globalisation) so ive done alot of study into this, and GOD AND RELIGION always seem to be a hot subject in all areas

i think god i a creation by man, it is an idea or belief that forms part of religion

the definition of religion is: a belief

therefore if GOD forms part of a religion then he forms part of a belief

their are many different religions, and NO ONE CAN ARGUE which is right, its like argueing whos beliefs are right, its completely based upon morals, idea, culture etc

IMO i think god and religion were created as an idea by man to help GUIDE man, lets face it i dont know ANY WELL KNOWN religions that believe MURDER or STEALING is right, AND I DONT THINK THEY EVER SHOULD BE

but look at many religions around the world and realise alot of them CATOR to a certain society and economy

heres few examples

china is a typicalt buddist beliefs country, buddism emphsises around hard work, caring for each other, respect for elders and family etc
    at the same time chinas economy and culture are based on the teachinga of conficious (a famous chinese man i cbf explaining), these teachings are exactly identical to the religion of buddism and chinas legal system is founded upon this aswell.
    the parculiar thing is that both confucism and buddism emerged at a time when china was a country in war, several stated were at war with each continuosly, what emerged? confucism and buddism teaching that CARE and love were the way, NOT FIGHTING, this even halped prevent wars
    Coincidence?

when countires like UK wanted to expand their economy quickly the government of UK supported christian teachings, hell they gave the religion money.......
    early christian and catholic countries such as england, christianity taught hard work, care for one another,
    but at same time perceived wealth as a sign hard work, the more u had the harder u had worked,
    its no wonder the first economys to develop rapidly were christian (england, dutch, United states, french) Coincidence?

muslim countires are another example, typicalt beliefs in the countires were MEN were superior, this was becuase one of the first empereors of early islamic empires believed this would strengthen his army and economy after learning early teachings of the muslim religion from Mohammads predessors,
    (for those of u who dont know Mohammed, he was basically a man who came up with the idea of the muslim relgion, BTW he didnt come up with this idea up until the age of 40? so u can already question the religion), he sore himself as the messenger of god (ALLAH)
    the islamics legal system began to revolve around muslim due to the empereors heavy beliefs influenced by muhammads teachings,
    what does the muslim religion teach? that exact same thing thier legal system and economy are based upon. Coincidence?

what im trying to point out here is that the differences in religion ARE ALL shown to revolve around different economys

heavy early capitalist economys ALL were christian or catholic
    Merchantalism economys were heavyily surrounded by Muslim teachings
    buddist, hindu, punjab etc all early stages were dictatorships and empires, or socialist (i wont say communist becuase that is INCORRECT, communist is a term used to describe alot fo countires, when really its the wrong word and people who use it usually have NO IDEA what it means)

NOW i know der alot of arguements to this so ill try prevent a few since i know alot of people will disagree, HELL i disagree, IM CATHOLIC, BUT its hard to argue my beliefs with THE BIBLE SAYS SO, when theirs evidence to show my bible is wrong, especially when another religion like Jewish seems to teach HALF MY RELIGION and denys the other half....... (old testemant and new testament)

A. some people say we all originally believe in the same god. and over time since man kind as seperated through land movements etc our religions has evolved or changed to suite areas and cultures?
    NO im sorry, first the continants shiftled LONG before mankind was around, so we all originated from different continants, so every different religion CAME from a different person..........., UNLESS he could swim from america to asia......... (i Doubt)

B. People have souls?
    Do we? think about the first time u even thought about having a soul? guess it wasnt before primary school? for another fact i bet u can barely remeber anything from ur childhood between the ages of 1-4?
    reason why is our Brains develop in stages, each stage allows us to do different things
    its the reason why soo many kids toys are bright colours, its becuase our brains at that age are attracted and can see bright colours clearly, while other colours are still unclear

what does this have to do with a soul? well the idea of a soul is just a creation of ur mind, if u couldnt think about having a soul at 2 or didnt even know what a soul is, then how can u say u have one when it was either an idea someone told u about or u learnt it from somewhere, or u use it to describe the thing ur personality is becuase u dont know how to describe ur existance?

ANOTHER: christianity or catholic is the most logical religion and most popular becuase of that?
    NO, most likely or not if ur christian u live in a counrty that is either A. industrialised or capitalist, B. live sin a country that has either had english, dutch, portuguese or spanish influence due to these 4 nations owned together almost 80% of the world at a stage in time, they ALL were christian or catholic and helped develop and industrialise countries, they spread their religion through countires and its little wonder why SO MANY PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES are these 2 religions, thats why its so popular in these countries

what im trying to come accross here is that GOD, religion, etc are all ideas of man that emerged as time went on and MANKIND began to develop into different stages

thiers endless evidence to support that religion and god are just a belief, theirs NOTHING to support that GOD exists, only beliefs

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I pleaded with god for years to win the lottery and it never happened...

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ranging1 View Post
    OK i havent read all ur posts, so sorry if i repeat something BUT FUK DERS 3 pages here lol

this is what i think and from what ive studied, im currently studying economics and accounting (i know its not religion BUT im majoring in religious studies, history of economys and globalisation) so ive done alot of study into this, and GOD AND RELIGION always seem to be a hot subject in all areas

i think god i a creation by man, it is an idea or belief that forms part of religion not necessarily, they can stand separately.

the definition of religion is: a belief

therefore if GOD forms part of a religion then he forms part of a belief

their are many different religions, and NO ONE CAN ARGUE which is right, its like argueing whos beliefs are right, its completely based upon morals, idea, culture etc

IMO i think god and religion were created as an idea by man to help GUIDE man, no man, religions was created by men to control and dominate others.lets face it i dont know ANY WELL KNOWN religions that believe MURDER or STEALING is right, AND I DONT THINK THEY EVER SHOULD BE sorry but you should read more. for instance the holy bible, it is well written that murders and beat one's wife and many others..., are more than welcome. if you don't trust me, go and read it, you might get surprised. i am talking about the last holy bible, the king giàcomo's one revised in 1603. the one that you find in the hotel/motel around usa with the complimentary of the gideon society. by the way, look for gideon in the holy bible, it should be in chapter 6, and you will see how good he was...

but look at many religions around the world and realise alot of them CATOR to a certain society and economy

heres few examples

china is a typicalt buddist beliefs country, buddism emphsises around hard work, caring for each other, respect for elders and family etc
    at the same time chinas economy and culture are based on the teachinga of conficious (a famous chinese man i cbf explaining), these teachings are exactly identical to the religion of buddism and chinas legal system is founded upon this aswell.
    the parculiar thing is that both confucism and buddism emerged at a time when china was a country in war, several stated were at war with each continuosly, what emerged? confucism and buddism teaching that CARE and love were the way, NOT FIGHTING, this even halped prevent wars
    Coincidence?

when countires like UK wanted to expand their economy quickly the government of UK supported christian teachings, hell they gave the religion money.......
    early christian and catholic countries such as england, christianity taught hard work, care for one another,
    but at same time perceived wealth as a sign hard work, the more u had the harder u had worked,
    its no wonder the first economys to develop rapidly were christian (england, dutch, United states, french) Coincidence?

muslim countires are another example, typicalt beliefs in the countires were MEN were superior, this was becuase one of the first empereors of early islamic empires believed this would strengthen his army and economy after learning early teachings of the muslim religion from Mohammads predessors,
    (for those of u who dont know Mohammed, he was basically a man who came up with the idea of the muslim relgion, BTW he didnt come up with this idea up until the age of 40? so u can already question the religion), he sore himself as the messenger of god (ALLAH)
    the islamics legal system began to revolve around muslim due to the empereors heavy beliefs influenced by muhammads teachings,
    what does the muslim religion teach? that exact same thing thier legal system and economy are based upon. Coincidence?

what im trying to point out here is that the differences in religion ARE ALL shown to revolve around different economysi would say it in another way since i would speak about domination, the economy is a consequence.

heavy early capitalist economys ALL were christian or catholic
    Merchantalism economys were heavyily surrounded by Muslim teachings
    buddist, hindu, punjab etc all early stages were dictatorships and empires, or socialist (i wont say communist becuase that is INCORRECT, communist is a term used to describe alot fo countires, when really its the wrong word and people who use it usually have NO IDEA what it means)

NOW i know der alot of arguements to this so ill try prevent a few since i know alot of people will disagree, HELL i disagree, IM CATHOLIC, BUT its hard to argue my beliefs with THE BIBLE SAYS SO, when theirs evidence to show my bible is wrong, especially when another religion like Jewish seems to teach HALF MY RELIGION and denys the other half....... (old testemant and new testament)

A. some people say we all originally believe in the same god. and over time since man kind as seperated through land movements etc our religions has evolved or changed to suite areas and cultures?
    NO im sorry, first the continants shiftled LONG before mankind was around, so we all originated from different continants, so every different religion CAME from a different person..........., UNLESS he could swim from america to asia......... (i Doubt)

B. People have souls?
    Do we? think about the first time u even thought about having a soul? guess it wasnt before primary school? for another fact i bet u can barely remeber anything from ur childhood between the ages of 1-4?
    reason why is our Brains develop in stages, each stage allows us to do different things
    its the reason why soo many kids toys are bright colours, its becuase our brains at that age are attracted and can see bright colours clearly, while other colours are still unclear

what does this have to do with a soul? well the idea of a soul is just a creation of ur mind, if u couldnt think about having a soul at 2 or didnt even know what a soul is, then how can u say u have one when it was either an idea someone told u about or u learnt it from somewhere, or u use it to describe the thing ur personality is becuase u dont know how to describe ur existance?

ANOTHER: christianity or catholic is the most logical religion and most popular becuase of that?
    NO, most likely or not if ur christian u live in a counrty that is either A. industrialised or capitalist, B. live sin a country that has either had english, dutch, portuguese or spanish influence due to these 4 nations owned together almost 80% of the world at a stage in time, they ALL were christian or catholic and helped develop and industrialise countries, they spread their religion through countires and its little wonder why SO MANY PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES are these 2 religions, thats why its so popular in these countries

what im trying to come accross here is that GOD, religion, etc are all ideas of man that emerged as time went on and MANKIND began to develop into different stages

thiers endless evidence to support that religion and god are just a belief, theirs NOTHING to support that GOD exists, only beliefs
    religion
    science & faith in god

gunslinger2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
    Live and let live would help solve alotta problems.

Homophobia, abortion, drug laws, I can keep goin...

I agree, but with some things to add.

drug laws: I should be able to take what ever I like as long as its not hurting anyone else, including my family.

abortion: you can do what you like with your own body but I don't want the gov paying for it out of my tax $$$ anymore than I wanna pay for some chick to get implants. ( It could also be argued that its not your body you are doing harm to).

Homophobia: This is a made up term used by left wing people to try and make people feel bad about not liking homosexuals. Just because someone does not like your life style does not make them scared as the name implies. Its meant to get then childish reaction " I aint scared " Does this make homosexuals Caligynephobia ( fear of women )?

Just because you don't like or agree with something does not mean you are scared of it.

So if your daughter or son was getting raped. So you would just stand there and let it happen. Its obviously what God wants, and like you said, maybe they will learn from their experience
    One of the more stupid comments I have seen. Many flaws with this logic.
    Last edited by gunslinger2; 08-28-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger2 View Post
    Homophobia: This is a made up term used by left wing people to try and make people feel bad about not liking homosexuals. Just because someone does not like your life style does not make them scared as the name implies. Its meant to get then childish reaction " I aint scared " Does this make homosexuals Caligynephobia ( fear of women )?

Just because you don't like or agree with something does not mean you are scared of it.

One of the more stupid comments I have seen. Many flaws with this logic.
    Homosexuality is neither a lifestyle nor a choice. One could say that this assumption was invented by 'right wing people' to justify their dislike and opposition to homosexuality. The gay stereotype lifestyle you're speaking of is independent of sexual orientation.

And fear doesn't mean that you're theatrically scared of something. Humans react in many different ways to fear. One reaction would be feelings of disgust and hatred towards an object.

Blog Entries
    Take from it what you will but you obviously missed my point.
    Yep... what I thought

D7M
    Blog Entries
    red haring...

would you say that there is more concrete evidence to prove the existance of god then the non-existance??

akham's razor & hume's razor both disagree with the idea of a divine being out there.. seeing as how you cannot even prove the existance of reality past the point of your own perseption, why even bring up the question?
    You mean Ockam's razor.

So, are we reducing everything to Descartes universal doubt? Doubt everything, even doubt itself?

Because if we're going to take that route, then I think you'll be hard pressed to give me epistemic justification for the existence of your co-workers, family members, or even yourself.

EDIT: Unless by "proving the existence of being past the point of your own perception", you mean some sort of empiricism or positivism? A sort of Black Box epistemology a la the Vienna circle?

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    You mean Ockam's razor. haha, your very right, i got the spelling wrong..So, are we reducing everything to Descartes universal doubt? Doubt everything, even doubt itself?

Because if we're going to take that route, then I think you'll be hard pressed to give me epistemic justification for the existence of your co-workers, family members, or even yourself.

EDIT: Unless by "proving the existence of being past the point of your own perception", you mean some sort of empiricism or positivism? A sort of Black Box epistemology a la the Vienna circle?
    descartes was a logician not an empiricist and obviously we're looking at things through an empiricistic perspective... you cannot comment on what you dont know.. and you dont know the world past your own perspective.. you know its there to some degree....

think Kant.. the man who bound the two rivaling ideologies together..

how can one prove the existence of god if they cannot completely prove the existence of their own reality.. if god transcends us then how can we even begin to talk about the who, what, where, when, and why of the situation..

think synthetic a priori... logic is empty without empiricisim, empiricsm is faulty without logic...

seems u know a thing or two about theology and philosophy.. refreshing...

D7M
    Blog Entries
    descartes was a logician not an empiricist and obviously we're looking at things through an empiricistic perspective... you cannot comment on what you dont know.. and you dont know the world past your own perspective.. you know its there to some degree....

think Kant.. the man who bound the two rivaling ideologies together..

how can one prove the existence of god if they cannot completely prove the existence of their own reality.. if god transcends us then how can we even begin to talk about the who, what, where, when, and why of the situation..
    Yes!

think synthetic a priori... logic is empty without empiricisim, empiricsm is faulty without logic...

seems u know a thing or two about theology and philosophy.. refreshing...
    Kant was an idiot. He screwed up philosophy for centuries, and opened the way for all those ridiculous post-Enlightenment philosophers.

But I completely agree with you! Epistemology HAS to be the foundation of any solid philosophy, metaphysics, or theology! I never understood why people don't get that.

I guess what I was trying to ask in my previous post was your particular epistemology. Empiricist? Now it seems Kantian?

Empiricism is garbage, too. No offense. But any critical realist will make short work of an empiricist, simply because our external senses are not our only gateway to reality.
    Last edited by D7M; 08-28-2009 at 01:36 PM.

Sure you can, being a deist!
    I would advise you to study a bit of theology.
    And you need a dictionary.
    If I was to take Theology class i'd miss Deism, being being as Theology is the study of religious faith and practice.
    Deism is a philosophical stance, it rejects holy books and tradition in favour of a more 'natural' and less invasive god. Abstract philosophy and poetic excuses .

A Deist is one small step from a full blown Atheist.

BJJ
    And you need a dictionary.
    If I was to take Theology class i'd miss Deism, being being as Theology is the study of religious faith and practice.
    Deism is a philosophical stance, it rejects holy books and tradition in favour of a more 'natural' and less invasive god. Abstract philosophy and poetic excuses. no idea what you are talking about.

A Deist is one small step from a full blown Atheist. absolutely wrong.

For your info I have a degree in theology, taken in Rome with private access to the Vatican's Library.
    Deism was part of an exam to be taken in order to finish my studying as well as philosophy, etymology, epistemology, and others doctrines.
    This just for your info.

Regarding the use of a dictionary, in this forum so far I didn't need it but I guess you did it in order to reply to my message.

So long...

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Sei italiano ma non e cattolico, come mai?

Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwod View Post
    ... to deny an intelligent design is ridiculous.
    Perfectly Agree.
    Intelligent Design had been debunked at every turn. You may keep your gods, which ever of the millions out there you choose, but the moment this faith vision crosses the path of science as 'compatible' or an alternative explanation it will die.
    Again, ID is the result of the scientific revolution and the Enlightenment. Pseudo-scientific babble and misdirection, a p!ss-poor attempt to reconcile faith in the modern world.
    It is a god-of-the-gaps argument and relies on peoples ignorance.

ID =

For your info I have a degree in theology, taken in Rome with private access to the Vatican's Library.
    Deism was part of an exam to be taken in order to finish my studying as well as philosophy, etymology, epistemology, and others doctrines.
    This just for your info.

So long...
    Did you study the philosophy of scepticism?

or is that an unsafe option..

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffThaStuff View Post
    Sei italiano ma non e cattolico, come mai?
    Perchè ho studiato la teologia ed ho capito che le religioni sono una bufala, un inganno dei forti per soggiogare il popolo.

BJJ
    Intelligent Design had been debunked at every turn. You may keep your gods, which ever of the millions out there you choose, but the moment this faith vision crosses the path of science as 'compatible' or an alternative explanation it will die.
    Again, ID is the result of the scientific revolution and the Enlightenment. Pseudo-scientific babble and misdirection, a p!ss-poor attempt to reconcile faith in the modern world.
    It is a god-of-the-gaps argument and relies on peoples ignorance.

ID =
    I rely on science but still I believe there is a Supreme Being.
    Why this bothers you so much. After all it is just my thought!

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    Please speakio in Englishio or we wont get you

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information