Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    gunslinger2 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, yeah, we know. You are so much smarter than all of those people put together. Here is what I don't get: Why is it ok to bash Christians but not others? If I were to say something bad about gays or jews or blacks I'm a homophobe, anti semite, or raciest. BUT, its ok to bash Christians and people who believe in god and clump them all together in one group.

Have a double standard much?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    DSM brought up a spectular point in the face of the popular religion. they teach that god created all of us with his love and blah blah blah. yet "his" book says homosexuality is an abomination. It COMPLETELY contradicts itself. People need to realize that the morons who wrote that book werent as smart as u think they were. There are contradictions like that all over the bible, if u have a brain u can clearly see this and laugh at the sillyness. Sorry DSM but according to that book he created just so we all could hate you and send you to hell. but its ok, cuase he loves you!!! lol
    Now can you tell when i ask questions like this in these threads they just get ignored. Thats what religion does, ignores the facts and keeps on moving.

Undercover is offline Associate Member
    Someone said something about the Kinsey scale before, I just forgot who. Kinsey scale 4 - 6 is predominantly homosexual. That's the kind of homosexual I'm talking about, not a straight guy who decides to have fun with his 'friend'.

I really don't know why people think homosexual men are straight people who woke up one day and decided to try cock.

I really don't know why people think homosexual men are straight people who woke up one day and decided to try cock.
    Maybe some are...lol

Are you the voice for all homosexuals now? Are you gay? Do you have inside knowledge on how the homosexual mind works? And if you are, are you sure all other homosexuals think like you?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
    DSM brought up a spectular point in the face of the popular religion. they teach that god created all of us with his love and blah blah blah. yet "his" book says homosexuality is an abomination. It COMPLETELY contradicts itself. People need to realize that the morons who wrote that book werent as smart as u think they were. There are contradictions like that all over the bible, if u have a brain u can clearly see this and laugh at the sillyness. Sorry DSM but according to that book he created just so we all could hate you and send you to hell. but its ok, cuase he loves you!!! lol
    Your conclusion is false insofar as you minor premise is false. Please show me where in the Judeo-Christian tradition that God "created" homosexuality. In fact, 1) the original creation story depicts the creation of a man and a woman, who were made in the image and likeness of God and created 'for each other', and 2) all Biblical references to homosexuality are stictly post-lapsarian occurrences. Thus, the original creation was in a state of original justice with surds (murder, sin, death, etc.) only occurring after the introduction of sin into the original design.

Ray, perhaps you should spend more time studying the issue before resorting to calling those with differing views morons. The irony, of course, is that you, not studying the issue and creating a weak argument with poor logic, in fact show yourself to be intellectually lacking.

NB: I am not making a value judgment on homosexuality. DSM knows my views on that already. I am merely clarifying one religions' stance on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Now can you tell when i ask questions like this in these threads they just get ignored. Thats what religion does, ignores the facts and keeps on moving.
    Actually, my friend, I haven't seen you ask any questions in this thread.

But I'd be more than happy to answer any difficulties that arise for you.

For the most part, I choose to stay out of threads like this simply because they are rife with anger and pointless ad hominem attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger2 View Post
    Maybe some are...lol

Are you the voice for all homosexuals now? Are you gay? Do you have inside knowledge on how the homosexual mind works? And if you are, are you sure all other homosexuals think like you?
    I'm not gay. I don't know why I have to be to know that sexual orientation is not a choice. It's not a matter of homosexuality, we're talking about sexual orientation and, apparently, some people insist they chose to be straight.

I'm pretty sure you can't develop a likeness for a sex if you decide to have sex with them all of a sudden. If that were true, closet gays would screw girls to go back to being straight.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Here's something i've always thought about......

Sitting ehre at my computer..... i am self-aware. I see things through my own eyes..... no-one can have the same perspective as my own. How do I know that I wasn't previously on this earth?

Could I have been an animal or possibly another human? I surely can't know for sure..... but I can't say I didn't have a previous life. That life may be over but what if that "soul" is living in my current body.

When people say "once you die.... thats it..... lights out" - in once sense yes.... for the body..... but you yourself are currently self aware and is it possible you lived once before? Could this explain why some people are extremily smart? Have they lived on this earth already....?

idunno - just some thoughts LMAO - i don't want to get into a heated debate over it really.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Here's something i've always thought about......
    When people say "once you die.... thats it..... lights out" - in once sense yes.... for the body..... but you yourself are currently self aware and is it possible you lived once before? Could this explain why some people are extremily smart? Have they lived on this earth already....?

~Haz~

I have no anwer to that question if not only my point of view, but I figure out something from your words... you have a thinking brain! I would put my hand on fire since I am sure there is a space-time continuum...

...and to those who have previously written "there is nothing after death" I want to ask: what are you wasting your time for in your life? you spend most of your time working like everyone else, I guess, to then what? just disappear!
    Why don't you go plundering a bank and live freely in happines surrounded by robobabes and lamborghini... the rest of your life?

I tell you why you don't to that, because within yourself you know there is something else, you know it cannot be just like that, like a period after a sentence more or less long; and this unconscious thought makes you be a "good" person after all!
    Think about...

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I have no anwer to that question if not only my point of view, but I figure out something from your words... you have a thinking brain! I would put my hand on fire since I am sure there is a space-time continuum...

...and to those who have previously written "there is nothing after death" I want to ask: what are you wasting your time for in your life? you spend most of your time working like everyone else, I guess, to then what? just disappear!
    Why don't you go plundering a bank and live freely in happines surrounded by robobabes and lamborghini... the rest of your life?

I tell you why you don't to that, because within yourself you know there is something else, you know it cannot be just like that, like a period after a sentence more or less long; and this unconscious thought makes you be a "good" person after all!
    Think about...
    See, you are just trying to give meaning to the world beyond what it is. It's very hard for most people to accept things as they are. Ethics, morales and upbringing are the person you are today.

We are all just a computer simulation. Sad but true.

apparently, some people insist they chose to be straight.
    Apparently.

Think about...
    Well said. I think for the most part, people who claim to be atheist are people who are rebelling against their upbringing or in some way think God let them down in their lives so they chose to act like they don't believe in anything.

Apparently.

Well said. I think for the most part, people who claim to be atheist are people who are rebelling against their upbringing or in some way think God let them down in their lives so they chose to act like they don't believe in anything.
    Athiests are laughable because they are saying they dont believe in God, but they kinda wish they did.

I don't believe in God from a perfectly logical point of view. Im not jaded by how grimdark the world is around me..its people that make the world what it is today, not some superstition.

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    The Atheist who says, god let me down, is not an Atheist.

Atheism is not a religion. Therefore, you can't group all atheists under one category. Atheists don't have certain guidelines they have to follow to be atheist. I can be an atheist and not believe in evolution (I do, though).

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    See, you are just trying to give meaning to the world beyond what it is. It's very hard for most people to accept things as they are. Ethics, morales and upbringing are the person you are today.
    Those are necessary and make the difference among men.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    We are all just a computer simulation. Sad but true.
    You cannot just quote something like that.
    You must explain it.

Atheism is not a religion. Therefore, you can't group all atheists under one category
    You are correct. Even if it was a religion it would not be right for me to group all atheists under one category. Each person sees things their own way. This applies to people who do believe in a God also, its not fair to lump all of them together as some try to do.

The Atheist who says, god let me down, is not an Atheist.
    I agree, but I think some who call themselves atheists do so because they feel that they were wronged by God at some point.

BJJ
    To "Flagg" and "Undercover":

So tell me, you did not answer the question I asked?
    Where's your Lambo and the robobabes?
    I don't know you but I believe you are normal people who go to work, grow up a family taking care of your girl-friends/wifes, kids and so on...

If I was really sure, within myself, there is nothing beyond, FIRST, I would not make a family! SECOND, I would try to enjoy and be happy without caring about any other, simply because there is NOTHING after.

I await...

gator_mclusky is offline Junior Member
    I believe in God. The human body is too complicated to be a fluke.

gator

jamyjamjr is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
    Someone said something about the Kinsey scale before, I just forgot who. Kinsey scale 4 - 6 is predominantly homosexual. That's the kind of homosexual I'm talking about, not a straight guy who decides to have fun with his 'friend'.

i did lol

You cannot just quote something like that.
    You must explain it.
    This was just a joke, though it's a probable and very interesting theory.

Read the argument's summary here: http://www.simulation-argument.com/computer.pdf

and the original paper here: http://www.simulation-argument.com/simulation.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by gator_mclusky View Post
    I believe in God. The human body is too complicated to be a fluke.

gator

Damn, this just bothers me. Go do some research on Biology and Cell Biology for your answers. The Bible wont tell you about DNA.

BJJ
    Damn, this just bothers me. Go do some research on Biology and Cell Biology for your answers. The Bible wont tell you about DNA.
    "The Bible wont tell you about DNA"
    Agreed.[B][COLOR="Blue"]

"Go do some research on Biology and Cell Biology"
    Researches will not declare there is not God but only release information, what so far we understood, on how the life developed.

To "Flagg" and "Undercover":

So tell me, you did not answer the question I asked?
    Where's your Lambo and the robobabes?
    I don't know you but I believe you are normal people who go to work, grow up a family taking care of your girl-friends/wifes, kids and so on...

If I was really sure, within myself, there is nothing beyond, FIRST, I would not make a family! SECOND, I would try to enjoy and be happy without caring about any other, simply because there is NOTHING after.

I await...
    Because of society. I told you i believe in a philosophy known as Absurdism...existentialism to a degree as well, but as much as I believe those to be true, I just cant do the things you are suggesting because of society. I may not believe that a murderer will not go to Hell but I just cant go out and kill someone I dont believe should carry on living. Law and society prevents me from doing that, ethical indoctrination stops me from doing that...I might not believe in good or evil but such notions are so deeply inbeded into the human psyche that I can't just do what I want, regardless of my notions of consequence.

Happiness is subjective. What is happiness for me, might not be happiness for you. Who said a Lambo would make me happy? It might make you happy, but not me. Because people are all different.

You have to admit BJJ, that Deism and Religion share that common thing, that there has to be life after death because what is the point of life before death?

The meaning of life is survival and evolution. A species either adapts, becomes stronger, endures...or it stagnates and dies. You do realise that when the Cretaceous period ended some 65 million years ago, so did 90% of the dinosaurs. It's heavily suggested that a bolide impact caused this. Now, the dinosaurs would probably have died out at some point because when the himalayas formed and the land mass joined to australia drifted over to the South Pole, massive environmental changes took place and the planet would start having Ice Ages. Mammals only got a chance to proliferate because of the demise of Dinosaurs. If that meteorite had never hit the earth 65 million years ago, Dinosaurs would have carried on for quite some time more, which meant we wouldn't be here now.

I guess the point im making is that you seem to think humans are important in the grand scheme of things. Why? Because we can think and dream, that gives us some devine insight into life? Humans are not any more special than the Shark. Sharks predate the Dinosaurs and are around 500,000,000 years old. Sharks will no doubt be around long after we are gone... so at the end of the day, I would say the simple Shark is more worthy of surviving over us. And im sure the humble Shark doesnt think about life after death either.

You believe that life on Earth originated from an asteroid carrying life. What if that asteroid missed Earth? See, life is a numbers game. Life could very well not have started on earth or at a far later date than it did, meaning we still wouldn't be here now.

I have a question for you BJJ, and religious people feel free to chime in. If there is a spiritual or cosmic rise to immortality after we die...what was the point of life in the first place? Why go through 70 odd years? Why not just kill yourselves now and become one with Creation already? I'll tell you why you wont...because you're not 100% sure yourselves.

People that believe in Oblivion are in a win win situation. If we're wrong, its a pleasant surprise. If we're right...well it wont matter anyway will it?

"The Bible wont tell you about DNA"
    Agreed.[B][COLOR="Blue"]

"Go do some research on Biology and Cell Biology"
    Researches will not declare there is not God but only release information, what so far we understood, on how the life developed.
    I have another question for you BJJ. Does the God you believe in, have physical or biological properties? How would you define the Supreme Being?

A 5 minute breather from the god debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTTzGAXI9Cw&NR=1

can anyone embed this plz

This seems like a very simple narrow minded way to look at things. The Egyptian hieroglyphics never made any mention of DNA, nor did the writings of Homer, Plato and others. Yet we don't discount what they wrote do we?

This is something else that seems to be a trend in atheists. They seem to think they are smarter than they really are, and that modern science has all the answers.
    Last edited by gunslinger2; 09-02-2009 at 06:56 AM.

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    I have another question for you BJJ. Does the God you believe in, have physical or biological properties? How would you define the Supreme Being?

The Bible says, "God is a spirit and must be worshipped in the spirit". Literal or symbolic? I'm not sure. Bible also says "receive the spirit and you will speak in tongues", again literal or symbolic??

BJJ
    Because of society. I told you i believe in a philosophy known as Absurdism...existentialism to a degree as well, but as much as I believe those to be true, I just cant do the things you are suggesting because of society. I may not believe that a murderer will not go to Hell but I just cant go out and kill someone I dont believe should carry on living. Law and society prevents me from doing that, ethical indoctrination stops me from doing that...I might not believe in good or evil but such notions are so deeply inbeded into the human psyche that I can't just do what I want, regardless of my notions of consequence. agreed but i was expecting more from a person who is living just not to survive after his death. you are "stopped" by the society and ethical indoctrination? realizing this you are already partially free, you just need to act on that freedom...

Happiness is subjective. What is happiness for me, might not be happiness for you. Who said a Lambo would make me happy? It might make you happy, but not me. i had it and did not Because people are all different. agreed

You have to admit BJJ, that Deism and Religion share that common thing, that there has to be life after death because what is the point of life before death? agreed

The meaning of life is survival and evolution. A species either adapts, becomes stronger, endures...or it stagnates and dies. You do realise that when the Cretaceous period ended some 65 million years ago, so did 90% of the dinosaurs. It's heavily suggested that a bolide impact caused this. Now, the dinosaurs would probably have died out at some point because when the himalayas formed and the land mass joined to australia drifted over to the South Pole, massive environmental changes took place and the planet would start having Ice Ages. Mammals only got a chance to proliferate because of the demise of Dinosaurs. If that meteorite had never hit the earth 65 million years ago, Dinosaurs would have carried on for quite some time more, which meant we wouldn't be here now. partially agree, i believe we were brought here since this planet became a second choice in our solar system after...

I guess the point im making is that you seem to think humans are important in the grand scheme of things. Why? Because we can think and dream, that gives us some devine insight into life? Humans are not any more special than the Shark. Sharks predate the Dinosaurs and are around 500,000,000 years old. Sharks will no doubt be around long after we are gone... so at the end of the day, I would say the simple Shark is more worthy of surviving over us. And im sure the humble Shark doesnt think about life after death either. the sharks "are not capable" if they see a whale in troubles to go and help...

You believe that life on Earth originated from an asteroid carrying life. this is the scientific way which is becoming obvious to everyone but in reality i believe it happened in another way What if that asteroid missed Earth? See, life is a numbers game. Life could very well not have started on earth or at a far later date than it did, meaning we still wouldn't be here now. i answered before

I have a question for you BJJ, and religious people feel free to chime in. If there is a spiritual or cosmic rise to immortality after we die...what was the point of life in the first place? Why go through 70 odd years? Why not just kill yourselves now and become one with Creation already? i believe we come here upon our own decision, we choose to become incarnate so, there would make no sense to come not to accomplish whatever we previously decided. committing suicide it's like losing a match. I'll tell you why you wont...because you're not 100% sure yourselves. i have faith

People that believe in Oblivion are in a win win situation. If we're wrong, its a pleasant surprise. If we're right...well it wont matter anyway will it? in any case you will be happy so, i am glad for you.
    It is better an ugly truth that a wonderful lie.
    This is the way I have chosen to live on.

BJJ
    I cannot define the Supreme Being, a human mind is not able to do that, I believe.
    Otherwise, after all, it would not be Supreme if one was able to define it.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by chicmagnet View Post
    The Bible says, "God is a spirit and must be worshipped in the spirit". Literal or symbolic? I'm not sure. Bible also says "receive the spirit and you will speak in tongues", again literal or symbolic??
    Bible is a romance made for those who does not or cannot ask questions.

..you are just one tiny step from being an Atheist my man!
    Now, substitute the word, Bible, for god..

There you go

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    This statement is based on nil research.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-boosted View Post

There you go
    Not really. The Bible and God are not the same thing. You can believe in God without believing 100% in a book written by man.

I do find it interesting that you get all happy about this though.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    not really. The bible and god are not the same thing. You can believe in god without believing 100% in a book written by man.

+1 ....

Not really. The Bible and God are not the same thing. You can believe in God without believing 100% in a book written by man.

Well of course they are not the same thing, it is just a play on words.
    It was a response to this --->
    In my world they are as good as the same, god and holy books, because they both take a leap of imagination to swallow. Neither demands much in the way of questioning, and both are logically and intellectually bankrupt.
    jmo

BJJ

There you go
    Study 20 years theology and come across readings unavailable to the mass of people located in the Vatican's Library.
    Then, you would not tell me what you quoted, man!

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by chicmagnet View Post
    This statement is based on nil research.
    study theology first then write about something you seem to ignore...

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by *el diablo* View Post
    +1 ....
    +2...

BJJ
    Well of course they are not the same thing, it is just a play on words.
    It was a response to this --->

In my world they are as good as the same, god and holy books, because they both take a leap of imagination to swallow. Neither demands much in the way of questioning, and both are logically and intellectually bankrupt.
    jmo
    My advice is always the same, get in touch with theology.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information