Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree1449Likes

Thread: MuscleScience's Iron Lab

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I'm on their site daily lol
    RaginCajun likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Hey MS wats going on today? Just ordered me some Muskrats glands to add to the deer meat I got sitting in a bucket since Aug 2015 don't worry I stabilized it after 4 weeks the Coyotes and fox will love it!
    MuscleScience and Obs like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Hey MS wats going on today? Just ordered me some Muskrats glands to add to the deer meat I got sitting in a bucket since Aug 2015 don't worry I stabilized it after 4 weeks the Coyotes and fox will love it!
    Sounds yummy lol
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    chest tris and shoulders today. Had a really great workout. Pushed flat bench for the first time in years. Was able to pyramid up to 295 for a couple of reps. I'm sure I could have got 315 but I didn't want to push the shoulder. Next week I will go on up.

Met a dude that competes in physique and classic physique at the gym. It was good to bounce some training and dieting tips back and forth. He is a few weeks out from his next show so I am going to follow his prep pretty closely and try and learn some things.

I went a bit light on shoulders because I went up so high on flat bench. My shoulder actually feels really good and not all beat up ATM. I also switched up shoulder press on the hammer strength machine to smith machine shoulder press. I have never really done it before, it felt great and I had no grinding or pain. The hammer strength shoulder press hurts in every rep and always has. I am really becoming a fan of the smith machine, I literally have not used one for anything other than shrugs until this past 3-4 weeks.
    NACH3 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Also, I think I'm finally going to listen to Nach and break shoulders off of chest and tri day. My workouts are getting pretty long and brutal and I'm not recovering well between bouts of exercise. I think I might do a shoulders and Tris day.

What do you guys suggest?
    NACH3 and songdog like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Also, I think I'm finally going to listen to Nach and break shoulders off of chest and tri day. My workouts are getting pretty long and brutal and I'm not recovering well between bouts of exercise. I think I might do a shoulders and Tris day.

What do you guys suggest?
    As you know I love delt & tri work brotha it's a great set up not putting much pressure on your chest - chest is it's own day or chest and bis fit me... I know lots of people try the pressing w/the shoulders on chest day and I could never do that whether it'd be my shoulder injury or just my mindset now knowing I'm done pressing... live the tri work with delts though - Kel has put some very great tips in these lifts for me as it works - even doing bis first creates that cushion for pressing after the hardest part is getting the damn bells to your knees lmao

I like the lift earlier and post prior to these... look forward to seeing you split these up - when will you do traps on delt day or back day? I got great results starting with heavy shrugs - blades pinched together and shoulders back I was doing 500lbs + on traps and they grew(lots of receptors in those traps to work) especially on a blast!
    MuscleScience and songdog like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    chest tris and shoulders today. Had a really great workout. Pushed flat bench for the first time in years. Was able to pyramid up to 295 for a couple of reps. I'm sure I could have got 315 but I didn't want to push the shoulder. Next week I will go on up.

Met a dude that competes in physique and classic physique at the gym. It was good to bounce some training and dieting tips back and forth. He is a few weeks out from his next show so I am going to follow his prep pretty closely and try and learn some things.

I went a bit light on shoulders because I went up so high on flat bench. My shoulder actually feels really good and not all beat up ATM. I also switched up shoulder press on the hammer strength machine to smith machine shoulder press. I have never really done it before, it felt great and I had no grinding or pain. The hammer strength shoulder press hurts in every rep and always has. I am really becoming a fan of the smith machine, I literally have not used one for anything other than shrugs until this past 3-4 weeks.
    Live the smith shoulder press you can use the leverage of the bar if an injury is their too! I live it started back up a month or more or so a go consistently b4 I got sick but managed 305 for 6+ reps on it so shoulders are strong but could be much stronger - just concentrate on TUT for now if your having trouble with anything? Lmk I may be able to help
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Live the smith shoulder press you can use the leverage of the bar if an injury is their too! I live it started back up a month or more or so a go consistently b4 I got sick but managed 305 for 6+ reps on it so shoulders are strong but could be much stronger - just concentrate on TUT for now if your having trouble with anything? Lmk I may be able to help
    Next week I will probably pyramid back up on flat bench and see if I can press 315 depending on how the shoulder feels. Until today I hadn't actually flat benched in 3 weeks almost. Feeling pretty good about my self to be back up to my strength levels I was hitting in my mid 20's.

Also hit 185 for 5 on smith machine shoulder press, forgot about that. Not bad for first time ever I think.
    NACH3 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Went back in tonight and got some abs and 40 minute of HIIT. Got a pretty good sweat going. Had some problems with my left shin fatiguing to quickly, I haven't had that since I started cardio again back in February. It maybe because I haven't really been running or doing incline walking on the threadmill as frequently as I have been doing other cardio. Anyway it worked it's self out and I just had to take a bit more rest on the low intensity interval phase.
    songdog and NACH3 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Wats up MS yeah I am just starting too bench again myself real light and it feels good so far.Now with incline it isn't quite right yet and throwing the weights up I don't like.But it's coming along.

Blog Entries
    Wats up MS yeah I am just starting too bench again myself real light and it feels good so far.Now with incline it isn't quite right yet and throwing the weights up I don't like.But it's coming along.
    Sometimes it takes awhile

Blog Entries
    Back and Bi's tonight.

Pretty descent workout, everything felt good. Wanted to do cardio but my knees were a little sore. I will probably get some cardio in tomorrow.
    NACH3 and RaginCajun like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good morning MS! how are we doing today?

Blog Entries
    Good morning MS! how are we doing today?
    Other than a nasty sunburn I'm doing good lol

Had to do some weed management around the property yesterday. #Countrypeopleproblems

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Hamstrings and Calves tonight.

First time I've done a dedicated hamstrings and calf split.

Did some light sumo deadlifts, haven't done any DL since my knee injury went real light but got 4 quality sets of 10 in. My knee felt good but my groin was talking to me a bit in the left as usual. Went straight into Romanian DL for 4 sets with 48 inch box jumps in between. Did 4 sets of heavy leg press for the quads with heavy toe raises right after. Also got 30 minutes of steady state cardio in. My right foot has been fairly sore the last few days and I didn't want to push it in case I have a stress fracture from all the cardio I've been doing lately.

Other than my sunburn, everything felt really good. I'm going to do a hit circuit tomorrow for cardio.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    1 hour cardio. 30 min steady state 30 min HIIT. Felt pretty good knees started to get a little sore towards the end. Probably went a little longer than I should have. I just discovers Joe Rogans pod cast from his Dorian Yates interview and now I'm hooked. I get on the threadmill and pop on an interview and just listen. Wish I would have discovered this years ago...

Anyway Episode 606 has a bunch of scientist that are talking about ancient lost cultures from before 9000 years ago and how a huge cataclysmic event raised ocean sea levels 400 feet in a short period of time. They are finding ancient cities hundreds of feet under water and it is rewriting history. It goes back to a convo I had on here with several last week Coincidently before I saw this podcast. I guess he has had these scientist on 2-3 times already. Anyway it is fascinating stuff, I love how he lets people talk. The get 3 plus hours to make their point. Unlike on a 2 min TV spot where a guest has to get shit out as fast as possible and can't point out his logic string or evidence.

Tomorrow is suppose to be Quads and Abs. But I might do chest and tris since my knees and hamstrings are still sore from cardio and yesterday's hammy session.
    OdinsOtherSon and songdog like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Attachment 170364
    Over ten years ago I posted in MS's asian women thread.

We need new hobbies.
    MuscleScience and RaginCajun like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Attachment 170364
    Over ten years ago I posted in MS's asian women thread.

We need new hobbies.
    Haha, I forgot all about that thread. My woman at that time was a smoking hot Viet girl. Gawwwd we had some fun...
    Obs and RaginCajun like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Haha, I forgot all about that thread. My woman at that time was a smoking hot Viet girl. Gawwwd we had some fun...
    They closed it.... I do not understand why

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    They closed it.... I do not understand why
    That's been so long ago, I'm not sure why.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    That's been so long ago, I'm not sure why.
    Well it would be right up there with the dungeon if they hadnt lol

Blog Entries
    Definitely pushed the cardio envelope a bit to much last night. My left knee has
    A fair amount of pain behind it. So it looks likes its chest day afterall. I hate doing chest on Monday since that's when everyone else does it.
    songdog likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Wats up MS? slow day today:/

Blog Entries
    Wats up MS? slow day today:/
    Went and watched the eclipse today. Pretty cool.

Attachment 170367Attachment 170368Attachment 170369
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 08-21-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Chest and tris tonight.

First time in a good while I didn't do shoulders. Very quick workout and good pump. I actually have some veins popping on my lateral delts and tops of them. I have never had that before. I'm not particularly lean at the moment. I think because I have actually been focusing on training arms and shoulders for once I'm getting them to reach their genetic potential. In the past I only passively trained them while doing chest or back. Never really isolated them.

Since I cut out shoulders I was in and out. Went and sat in the dry sauna for a bit since I had some time. That felt good, and seems to put me in a good mood.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I too am seeing vascularity in places I've never seen before, even as a teen. I'm 43 now and am stronger and better built than I was in my teens/early 20's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MuscleScience and RaginCajun like this.

Blog Entries
    Saw a news feed on Dallas McCarver passing away. Not much details yet.

https://www.facebook.com/fitnessOn1/...39179556140177

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    I too am seeing vascularity in places I've never seen before, even as a teen. I'm 43 now and am stronger and better built than I was in my teens/early 20's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You haven't hit puberty yet. Give it time.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Blog Entries
    Quads and Calves today.

I've had this stomach bug the past 2 and a half days. Everytime I eat, even drink water my stomach hurts and I start shitting my brains out. Today has lightened up a lot. Yesterday I missed my workout from it, today I had about an hour break between episodes and hit legs. It actually went pretty well and I got a massive quad pump. I was fairly dehydrated so I had to warm up extra and be very careful with my form. Anymore my left groin muscle is what has been hurting the most if you have been following along lately. It felt ok but I could tell it was moody. I was able to squat clear up to 245 for 3 reps before I shut squats down. 2 hours post exercise I can say I'm Glad I did, its a bit sore.

My knee hasn't gave me any trouble rescently but I'm still careful as I build up my quad strength. On hack squat I did the most weight yet and did it for 4 total sets. At first I could barely do just the sled. Seems like my body is improving in one facet or another each week. Haven't really had any platues to speak of. I'm debating bulking on September 1st and instead going on a hard 6 week cut to get my body weight down. I really need to get some fat off my midsection and love handles. I need to really sit down and plan out this next year and set some goals. They fat hasn't been coming off like it has in the past. I'm eating fairly strict and doing cardio 5 days a week. I know now that since I can train legs aggressively I will put on mass and that will help, which is my Dilemma

Bulk and put a lot of mass on my legs and drop some BF as a by product OR cut hard now for 6-8 weeks. Get to a more manageable BF base and then bulk. Which puts my bulk deep into next year and maybe to soon to summer where I can cut or possibly do a show.
    RaginCajun likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    If I had any knee issue hacks would be avoided like the plague.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    If I had any knee issue hacks would be avoided like the plague.
    I thougth the same thing, hacks feel great. It's squats or more specifically stepping backwards that hurts.

Blog Entries
    Decided to up my cardio, 1hr fasted steady state cardio. Will hit weights tonight and another 20 minutes or so of HIIT. Not that I'm a huge believe in fasted cardio, but my stomach bug is still bothering me and it felt good to lightly exercise on an empty stomach
    RaginCajun likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quads and Calves today.

I've had this stomach bug the past 2 and a half days. Everytime I eat, even drink water my stomach hurts and I start shitting my brains out. Today has lightened up a lot. Yesterday I missed my workout from it, today I had about an hour break between episodes and hit legs. It actually went pretty well and I got a massive quad pump. I was fairly dehydrated so I had to warm up extra and be very careful with my form. Anymore my left groin muscle is what has been hurting the most if you have been following along lately. It felt ok but I could tell it was moody. I was able to squat clear up to 245 for 3 reps before I shut squats down. 2 hours post exercise I can say I'm Glad I did, its a bit sore.

My knee hasn't gave me any trouble rescently but I'm still careful as I build up my quad strength. On hack squat I did the most weight yet and did it for 4 total sets. At first I could barely do just the sled. Seems like my body is improving in one facet or another each week. Haven't really had any platues to speak of. I'm debating bulking on September 1st and instead going on a hard 6 week cut to get my body weight down. I really need to get some fat off my midsection and love handles. I need to really sit down and plan out this next year and set some goals. They fat hasn't been coming off like it has in the past. I'm eating fairly strict and doing cardio 5 days a week. I know now that since I can train legs aggressively I will put on mass and that will help, which is my Dilemma

Bulk and put a lot of mass on my legs and drop some BF as a by product OR cut hard now for 6-8 weeks. Get to a more manageable BF base and then bulk. Which puts my bulk deep into next year and maybe to soon to summer where I can cut or possibly do a show.
    quit messing around with those dirty women! haha!

get well bud

I thougth the same thing, hacks feel great. It's squats or more specifically stepping backwards that hurts.
    You mean stepping out of the rack for squats? What about low bar smith squats instead?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Blog Entries
    You mean stepping out of the rack for squats? What about low bar smith squats instead?
    No, like doing a reverse lunge. If I load the knee while I'm stepping backwards it mimics the movement I was doing when I shredded it the first time.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Wats up MS after messing with my truck I am ready for a nap.

Blog Entries
    Wats up MS after messing with my truck I am ready for a nap.
    I just woke up from one. I had the windows open and the weather is perfect today about 77 with a nice gentle breeze.

Blog Entries
    Back and Bi's tonight. Nothing special to report really. I'm so bloated from having that stomach bug that I'm just very uncomfortable. I think I'm going to just fast all day tomorrow. I ate Normal for the first time today in 3-4 days and am miserable. Just going to give the ol GI tract a bit of a break.

On a secondary note, I've been very concerned lately about how rapid my stomach will become distended. It's like I go from having a small waste line to looking like I'm 7months preggers. My mom a couple years ago almost died from a GI condition, which there seems to be family Hx of that.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

No, like doing a reverse lunge. If I load the knee while I'm stepping backwards it mimics the movement I was doing when I shredded it the first time.

Then by all means try Smith Machine static lunges. It's the only way I do them anymore. Totally one leg at a time. Like a one leg squat with all the weight on your front foot.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Blog Entries
    Then by all means try Smith Machine static lunges. It's the only way I do them anymore. Totally one leg at a time. Like a one leg squat with all the weight on your front foot.
    Those actually hurt, I can do walking lunges just fine as long and I move forward. It's only if I do step back lunges that I will have slight pain. Sorry I'm not describing it right. There were a few exercises I couldn't do af Orange Theory and almost all were that backwards moving lunge or stepping down off of a step. Stepping down to the side of the bench or letting my weight on my right leg being the support leg when you do step up lunges off a bench.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Thread Information