Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1449Likes

Thread: MuscleScience's Iron Lab

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    .243 @ 300-500 yards is the most fun way to deal with them. Its like prarie dog hunting except its not just tearing up your field with burrows, it killing your livestock.
    I only cater to the law so far.
    Hawks are in no way endangerd and can be a real pain in the ass.
    No but they are a bird of prey and are federally protected. It's a felony if you get caught.
    OdinsOtherSon and Obs like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    No but they are a bird of prey and are federally protected. It's a felony if you get caught.
    True, where I lived though, our neighbors would stop in front of my house to shoot at them. Was pretty damn funny. One of the neighbors was an 80 year old man who drove our dirt roads with his wife every day. If he saw a hawk he would stop and hobble out with his 30_06 and shoot across his hood.
    They were super friendly, always waved and always had a smile. Adorable senile old folks.
    MuscleScience and songdog like this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good morning everyone yeah I know MS this is why you never tell anyone
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    Back and Bi's today. Was a lighter day for back and Bi's more to work on form and anything I've missed lately. Got a really great cardio session in afterwords. Will probably be off working out since I will be traveling tomorrow and maybe the next day.
    songdog likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good morning MS just sitting here trying too wake up with my coffee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Good morning MS just sitting here trying too wake up with my coffee
    Morning SD, me too, I got a 12 hour drive ahead of me. Went and visited my parents and grandparents for a few days up in the KC area. Time to head back and get to work.

Had some crazy good workouts while I was home. When you ain't got nothing to do but play with the dogs, fish and workout. You can really get them in
    songdog, RaginCajun and NACH3 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Man I70 between ST Louis and KC is CRAZY the things I have seen there and in the winter it's brutal.

Blog Entries
    Man I70 between ST Louis and KC is CRAZY the things I have seen there and in the winter it's brutal.
    Lots of traffic, seen some pretty nasty tractor trailer wrecks too
    songdog likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Decided not to drive back home and stay at my folks a few more days. Since work is kinda at a stand still for another week or so.

Instead I got a great leg workout in. Did my heaviest leg press yet. 6 plates on each side. I started to feel some pressure in the knee at that point. My legs were strong enough to go much higher but any chance it. So I did reps to near failure.

I feel like now I can go heavy and hard enough to get my legs to grow again. Have narrowed down my hack squat foot placement, I can squat again and even do some light ply stuff. I'm really kicking around trying to go for classic physique. I figure I will need a solif
    songdog and NACH3 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Decided not to drive back home and stay at my folks a few more days. Since work is kinda at a stand still for another week or so.

Instead I got a great leg workout in. Did my heaviest leg press yet. 6 plates on each side. I started to feel some pressure in the knee at that point. My legs were strong enough to go much higher but any chance it. So I did reps to near failure.

I feel like now I can go heavy and hard enough to get my legs to grow again. Have narrowed down my hack squat foot placement, I can squat again and even do some light ply stuff. I'm really kicking around trying to go for classic physique. I figure I will need a solid year of bulking and training to get my weight up in my legs to where I wouldn't embarrass myself. Since summer is nearly over I think I am going to plan a bulk and get to a target weight then lean up.
    Obs likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

I feel like now I can go heavy and hard enough to get my legs to grow again. Have narrowed down my hack squat foot placement, I can squat again and even do some light ply stuff. I'm really kicking around trying to go for classic physique. I figure I will need a solid year of bulking and training to get my weight up in my legs to where I wouldn't embarrass myself. Since summer is nearly over I think I am going to plan a bulk and get to a target weight then lean up.
    Do it man you only live once. Hit it hard

Good morning MS yes that bit of road is nasty seen many a freaky woman also!

Blog Entries
    Good morning MS yes that bit of road is nasty seen many a freaky woman also!
    I haven't gone down that stretch to much. I use to hit I-70 west to Colorado to snow ski a lot when I was younger. Got caught in a blizzard one year and they closed the highway for 3 days. Stayed st some little hotel in Burlington Kansas. All they had was that, a gas station and a Pizza Hut. Needless to say I was sick of pizza by the second day...lol

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    how is the knee holding up?
    MuscleScience and NACH3 like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    how is the knee holding up?
    So far so good, been pushing it a bit more and a bit more each week. No soreness or pain during exercise. I feel like I'm as close to 100% as it's going to get. My lower quad strength is terrible though, so I am focusing on that at the moment.
    NACH3 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

So far so good, been pushing it a bit more and a bit more each week. No soreness or pain during exercise. I feel like I'm as close to 100% as it's going to get. My lower quad strength is terrible though, so I am focusing on that at the moment.
    that's good to hear

what exercises are you doing to try to strengthen it? squats, leg extensions, single leg squats with kettles/db, ..........what else? i feel like all of the muscles in my quad are inflamed and tendons really tight. it feels like i have a log, hard tube running down from my hip to my knee that just won't relax. even when i foam roll i can feel it rolling around

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    that's good to hear

what exercises are you doing to try to strengthen it? squats, leg extensions, single leg squats with kettles/db, ..........what else? i feel like all of the muscles in my quad are inflamed and tendons really tight. it feels like i have a log, hard tube running down from my hip to my knee that just won't relax. even when i foam roll i can feel it rolling around
    I am feeling that just above both knees actually. Makes it very uncomfortable to do squats and such at first. I'm using hack squats, smith machine squats (which I have never done before) and leg press to really isolate my lower quads. My upper quads are strong I need to balance the lower quads more. On leg day especially I have to do a really thorough warm up or my quads hurt to bad to squat down. My surgeon told me that it's a reaction to the surgery to some extent in my right leg, couldn't explain why it hurt on my left. Oh well, I figured it was just from sitting on my ass for two years.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I am feeling that just above both knees actually. Makes it very uncomfortable to do squats and such at first. I'm using hack squats, smith machine squats (which I have never done before) and leg press to really isolate my lower quads. My upper quads are strong I need to balance the lower quads more. On leg day especially I have to do a really thorough warm up or my quads hurt to bad to squat down. My surgeon told me that it's a reaction to the surgery to some extent in my right leg, couldn't explain why it hurt on my left. Oh well, I figured it was just from sitting on my ass for two years.
    haha, i think that is my problem, sitting on my ass!

i need to get back on the leg press machine

Blog Entries
    Chest tris and shoulders. Went a little light on the tris since I worked them 3 days ago pretty heavy. Really a good workout, worked on some lagging parts and got some stability exercises in for the shoulders. Got a really good pump and had some bros come up and ask me some questions. Feels kinda nice to be
    Somewhat in shape again. Still got a long way to go. Also I need to cut back on my time in the gym. With Cardio and all I was there for almost 2 full hours. I ran out of steam a bit towards the end.

Cardio went fairly good, I did some walk run hiit training like I normally do. My right quad started to cramp up a bit. I tried working through it but with my knee I decided not to push it to far. I got 22 of the 30 planned minutes of cardio in and with HIIT that was probably more than enough anyway.

Overall I have been able to work out at very high percentages of my max heart rate and not be winded. I was starting to notice it at about 92% and was working in the 85-90% range without much effort. I feel my stamina is really good. I will start to push the envelope a bit and try to get it to where I can sustain exercise at a higher Heart rate for a bit longer duration.

Other than that, that's all I got for tonight lol
    RaginCajun likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good morning MS well now I have no chickens the last 2 disappeared yesterday that's it for me on the chickens I am not feeding the wild life!

Blog Entries
    Good morning MS well now I have no chickens the last 2 disappeared yesterday that's it for me on the chickens I am not feeding the wild life!
    Dang, you got a pen for them chickens?

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Woke up this morning and my midsection was very tight. Cardio before bed seems to make me look great in the mornings. Had two upper abs relaxed and 4 flexed with some mild oblique showing through. I'm going to probably shread a bit more BF and start bulking in September. Sat down this morning and mapped out a plan for the next 12 months. I might look to doing a show sometime in June or July. Just probably a small local show and see how I do and go on from there.
    RaginCajun likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Back and biceps today, lighter on the back heavier on the Bi's since I hit them Monday. Worked mainly on unilateral movements and super strict form and slow slow slow negatives. Worked up an incredible pump.

The thing about slow negatives is they cause an insane pump and insane amount of sweating. I was completely covered in sweat within 5 minutes of warming up and my working sets. Also really helps make the muscles and striations pop.

I have really been having great workouts and improvements lately. I am having so much fun. Makes me wonder why I ever stopped working out. I know injuries and such but it was such a choir to go to the gym for a period in time. Now it's all I think about.

Got a really great session of HIIT cardio in to after weights. My knee was bothering me a little at first but I got it to warm up and eventually pushed myself pretty hard. Made my full 30 minutes I had planed, went even a little over since I was having such a great session.

Traveling tomorrow. Probably won't hit the gym until Saturday or Sunday again.
    songdog likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Sounds like you have been killing it!

Safe travels bud!
    MuscleScience and songdog like this.

Good morning MS I let my chickens free range but the one I got left is staying in the coop until I catch this thing.I really think it's either a Fisher mink or a fox.I was thinking Hawks at 1st but now I don't think so.

Blog Entries
    Good morning MS I let my chickens free range but the one I got left is staying in the coop until I catch this thing.I really think it's either a Fisher mink or a fox.I was thinking Hawks at 1st but now I don't think so.
    Got any guard dogs?

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Got any guard dogs?
    No dogs I don't want to deal with having a dog in the house fleas ticks having too house train beacuse in the winter it gets bad up on this hill no cover so the dog would have to be inside.And it would like how many baths it got beacuse I can't handle a smelly dog.I wanted one for the trap line but this is why I don't.I use to raise rabbit dogs but I didn't live here.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    MS how things going with training? Love the logs we have going and your started it - prick lol!

If fishing work is slow etc enjoy life brotha - hope that knee lets you push s lil harder each leg day!

What's your split? How many days on and off?

Well we got a storm going through power on and off sucks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    MS how things going with training? Love the logs we have going and your started it - prick lol!

If fishing work is slow etc enjoy life brotha - hope that knee lets you push s lil harder each leg day!

What's your split? How many days on and off?
    Trainings going really well, making constant gains in all areas. Split is back and bis, chest- tris- shoulders,legs. Lift 6 days a week with cardio after, each body part gets 3 days rest between exercise bouts. I'm getting leaner and leaner but actually putting on some quality muscle. My legs are still my weak point but they are coming along. Back and chest are popping, shoulders are good, arms are lagging a bit but will come up, they typically grow just as a side to chest and back exercises.

Knee is feeling pretty good to, added some light plyo work in. I'm going to attemp to play some Basketball next week. That helps my legs more than anything.

How's yours going? I've noticed you killing some workouts lately.
    songdog and RaginCajun like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Well we got a storm going through power on and off sucks!
    Tornados and such?

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good morning everyone no tornado's just heavy rain and thunder.Well I found where something got another one of my chickens but couldn't find and sign (tracks) of the animal seems they were waiting in the corn and ambushed them when they came by.

Blog Entries
    Good morning everyone no tornado's just heavy rain and thunder.Well I found where something got another one of my chickens but couldn't find and sign (tracks) of the animal seems they were waiting in the corn and ambushed them when they came by.
    Could be aliens.
    songdog and RaginCajun like this.

Blog Entries
    Vid by Phil Health. I have a similar philosophy in training splits.

https://generationiron.com/watch-phi...raining-split/

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good morning just sitting here drinking my coffee AHH that 1st couple sips is heaven

Blog Entries
    Good morning just sitting here drinking my coffee AHH that 1st couple sips is heaven
    I just got up, at noon.
    songdog likes this.

Blog Entries
    Legs today,

Not the best workout, had a really hard time warming up my low back and my left hip flexor. For some reason my left hip flexor has hurt like hell when I bend forward or try to squat. It's been good the past 3-4 weeks but today it just wasn't having it.

I worked around it, doing only varies leg press machines and such. I noticed it really bothers me if I'm dehydrated. Again wasn't the best workout but I got it in. Weight is staying steady at around 220 ish but I'm still getting leaner which I'm happy with. I've been upping the cardio and intensity during the workouts to keep my heart rate up.

Have chest and tris tomorrow. Not looking forward to doing them on a Monday since it's national bench press day, it's just how it landed this week.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Good morning MS I am going to hit my chest today with tri's!

Blog Entries
    Chest/tris/shoulders

I think I'm due for a low week. Today wasn't a very good workout either. Took forever to get warmed up and my elbows were very sore. My shoulder workout actually went very well I got a good pump and my delts are improving weekly. My rear delts are coming on strong too which for me is hard to get to grow. I'm going to hit back and Bi's tomorrow and just do abs and cardio for the rest of the week I think.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

get some rest bud, take a day to rest

on another note, did some leg presses and feeling it right above the knee!

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread Information