Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree440Likes

Thread: Nfl!

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    I was expecting to see you in the half time show!
    Nah. I’m feeling groovy, ain’t leaving my recliner.
    Cylon357 likes this.

If Andrew Whitworth could have cloned himself and played for the Bengals again, they very likely could have won. Man, Cincinnati with an Offensive line?

OK, who I really want. That said, pretty good halftime show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nfl!-fa67f983-585b-4409-8548-ff762474925b.jpeg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

mattyH122 is offline New Member
    interesting that defensive linemen (57) and linebackers (41) are the most common offenders of PED in NFL since 2001. sportsbetting3.com thought it would be more stat guys on offensive end because they are more in the spotlight but i guess those peds = sacks and maybe if they are less of a star they can get away with it.
    Last edited by mattyH122; 07-30-2022 at 06:04 AM.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyH122 View Post
    interesting that defensive linemen (57) and linebackers (41) are the most common offenders of PED in NFL since 2001. i thought it would be more stat guys on offensive end because they are more in the spotlight but i guess those peds = sacks and maybe if they are less of a star they can get away with it.
    Where are you citing your sources? Anytime you post stats you need to post a link to back up your claim, and a reputable link at that sir. Thank you for your cooperation
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

It’s not like I never watched the NFL growing up, but for whatever reason the game really grew on me the past few seasons. The last 2 seasons in particular, my Sunday pretty much consisted of watching. I am officially experiencing NFL withdrawal for the first time

Josh Allen, yikes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nfl!-bfe1ba7e-62a9-40ed-84d9-2ac94acbc746.jpeg  

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Josh Allen was playing chess while the rest were playing checkers. That stiff arm he had on the Rams DB was next level and made Derek Henry wince

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Any of you play fantasy? I am in 3 leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Any of you play fantasy? I am in 3 leagues
    I’m addicted. Im I’m two leagues, one for big money and then a friends and family league. I love it and it makes the shitty games so much fun to watch. Had the 9th in my big money draft, in my opinion the worst place to be in the draft order…we shall see. Good luck this year Bio!

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    I’m addicted. Im I’m two leagues, one for big money and then a friends and family league. I love it and it makes the shitty games so much fun to watch. Had the 9th in my big money draft, in my opinion the worst place to be in the draft order…we shall see. Good luck this year Bio!
    Same brother! I am in one money league and one 6 person league that's just for fun and joined another 10 person league this year. It is a blast. I got smart this year and loaded my rosters with RB's before anything else!!

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    had a career ending injury in fantasy football.....the wife.

that shit can take up a ton of time when playing in money leagues. no longer do i play but man do I miss it

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I have a lot to say about opening weekend, but I am up to my a** in busy. I will try to weigh in before week 2 starts....
    wango likes this.

I have a lot to say about opening weekend, but I am up to my a** in busy. I will try to weigh in before week 2 starts....
    Looking forward to it. Hey, Herbert & the Chargers started off well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    had a career ending injury in fantasy football.....the wife.

that shit can take up a ton of time when playing in money leagues. no longer do i play but man do I miss it
    That shit made me laugh!

Blog Entries
    Alright! Lets talk some FOOTBALL!!!

This week, eh, there isn't a lot to get excited about, but there are a couple of games of particular interest.

Likely to be better than we think
    Ravens vs Giants
    Both teams have a legit record coming into week 6. Lamar Jackson... man, he can pick that offense up and run with it if he has to. Normally, when a defense has good down field coverage, the offense is going to struggle. But with Jackson, that's kind of a bad spot to be in from the defense's perspective. He is SO dangerous when he puts his legs to use. You don't want to make it easy to throw, but from a defensive perspective, I personally would make him use his arm vs his legs to win the game.

And what about the G-men? 4 and 1?? Legit? Who knows! The teams they have beat have been no slouches but this will be a good test, and I would bet an exciting game.

SNF - Contender for best game of the week.
    Cowboys vs Eagles

Oh my stars and garters, ladies and gentlemen, do we ever have a QB controversy brewing in Big D! Cooper Rush, soon to be the real starter for the Cowboys? IDK, Cylon-a-damus can't say, but watch this game if you want to see long time rivals continue their feud. They are battling for the lead in the NFC East - and how long has it been since that has been exciting? I bet this will be a high scoring affair, though both defenses are none too shabby. Who wins this? Dang man, IDK that either. Maybe a slight edge to the Eagles being home field, but do not discount the rivalry factor. This might be the best game of the week, except...

Playoffs?
    Bills vs Chiefs

Great googly boogly! Playoff rematch! Do the Bills strut into Arrowhead and steal a win vs an insanely talented Chiefs team? Or maybe the Mahomes Magic continues? I don't know, but this may be the best game not just of the week, but maybe of the season so far. For most people, this and Dallas vs NY are the games to watch.

MNF - Honorable Mention
    Broncos vs Chargers

UGH, I really want this to be an exciting game, unfortunately both QBs are playing a bit below their normal. Wilson seems to be struggling a bit to click just yet, but don't kid yourself - he still has a boat ton of talent. When he announced he was coming to Denver, I said "well, that makes the AFC West officially the toughest division." Change my mind? Yeah, you can't, not yet at least.

And my Chargers, dammit they want to play just good enough to give the other team a chance. Yeah, I know Herbert is aching, and Bosa is out, but just play consistently. Is that too much to ask? It might be. Anyhow, both these teams need this win to prove their pedigrees and stay close to the dominant Chiefs.

Rambling while watching NFL RedZone. . . .

I used to watch football during the Walter Payton era when I lived in Chicago. BTW, turns out I was the curse to all Chicago sports because as soon as I moved to Los Angeles in 84 - da Bears, the Bulls and eventually even the Cubs won championships, lol.

Question: I don’t recall being able to assist someone’s forward progress so blatantly was allowed. Damn, they’re carrying quarterbacks into the end zone sometimes. Then some of these rugby like scrums gaining 5-10 yards?

The other thing I don’t get is how aggressively a runner can put their hands to the defense’s face & helmet in these days of concussion awareness & concern for player safety.

Wow, now that the Dodgers choked, the Rams are going to be under even more of a microscope out here in Los Angeles. If they don’t go for Beckham now, even just for appearances sake . . .
    Cylon357 likes this.

dwiwill is offline New Member
    I'm not an addict but do love fantasy bets. I'm lately using Draftkings app for betting on games. Never had any issues with it. Only one time I couldn't withdraw money from my account but when I addressed the https://draftkings.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html, they helped me with this.
    Last edited by dwiwill; 11-16-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Reading a new biography on Bo Jackson. The stories about his athletic feats are mind blowing. Currently just started playing for the Raiders in the book. What’s unfortunate is that from high school on, the guy is not motivated to work out or practice hard. If he disagrees with something, like if the coach says something he doesn’t like, he’ll do what he likes and/or leave. Incredibly arrogant & not a team player thus far.

Unimaginable what this guy would have been capable of if he dedicated himself/worked out/GAF. Kind of disappointed in him at this stage of the book. God given talent is a gift that shouldn’t be wasted.

Blog Entries
    Oh my stars and garters, this is the Chargers team I have been waiting for all season! It's not over yet, but they are looking good against the Dolphins!
    wango likes this.

Blog Entries
    Alright, so games this weekend.

I don't care about any games this weekend except one!

Titans at Chargers

Jeeeeeeeee zzzzuuusssh, does King Henry ever scare me against this Chargers run D. And coming off an unexpected loss to the Jaguars? The Jaguars?? Titans do not have a lock on the AFC South, they will need to Play. The. Game in LA to get it done. Healthy doses of DH will be a good start. Chargers D was startlingly good against Miami, they will need to be AT LEAST as good against Tennessee.

The Chargers have finally and The Cylon means FINALLLY started playing like the team I was hoping for at the beginning of the year! Holy cats, against Miami, did you see that Williams catch where he basically Matrix'ed his whole body around the defender? The one where Allen was all hugged up with the defender in his left arm but reaches out and snatches the ball with his right?? Ekeler running the ball like a full blown BEAST? OMG, dare I get hopeful? Dare I think: "well, you know maybe the Bolts will be doing something in January other than 'ooh, Pro Bowl tickets!'??" Eh, lets see.

Of course, of COURSE, I get to watch the Who the F*ck Cares Jaguars vs Some Other Team That Don't Mean Sh*t, or maybe its the Bucs vs the "My VPN Subscription Expired" Butt Pirates, IDK. Maybe they will switch over if the local coverage game sucks. Hint: it probably will, but the NFL won't switch unless it becomes a blood bath to rival the "Alice's Restaurant Mass-a-Kree".

Shitty NFL coverage here, BUT hey, it's a week before Christmas and I wore shorts all day, so there is that.
    Last edited by Cylon357; 12-17-2022 at 10:23 PM.

Swilderbeast is offline Junior Member
    Alright, so games this weekend.

I don't care about any games this weekend except one!

Titans at Chargers

Jeeeeeeeee zzzzuuusssh, does King Henry ever scare me against this Chargers run D. And coming off an unexpected loss to the Jaguars? The Jaguars?? Titans do not have a lock on the AFC South, they will need to Play. The. Game in LA to get it done. Healthy doses of DH will be a good start. Chargers D was startlingly good against Miami, they will need to be AT LEAST as good against Tennessee.

The Chargers have finally and The Cylon means FINALLLY started playing like the team I was hoping for at the beginning of the year! Holy cats, against Miami, did you see that Williams catch where he basically Matrix'ed his whole body around the defender? The one where Allen was all hugged up with the defender in his left arm but reaches out and snatches the ball with his right?? Ekeler running the ball like a full blown BEAST? OMG, dare I get hopeful? Dare I think: "well, you know maybe the Bolts will be doing something in January other than 'ooh, Pro Bowl tickets!'??" Eh, lets see.

Of course, of COURSE, I get to watch the Who the F*ck Cares Jaguars vs Some Other Team That Don't Mean Sh*t, or maybe its the Bucs vs the "My VPN Subscription Expired" Butt Pirates, IDK. Maybe they will switch over if the local coverage game sucks. Hint: it probably will, but the NFL won't switch unless it becomes a blood bath to rival the "Alice's Restaurant Mass-a-Kree".

Shitty NFL coverage here, BUT hey, it's a week before Christmas and I wore shorts all day, so there is that.

Mid east coast available games are usually shit as well. Except for this year are the NFC east is having a run. But I’m not a Clit Commander fan and you can bank on them being aired or a Steelers game. Grew up on the west coast so I’d rather see the Raiders 49ers Chargers etc but hell if I’m paying for whatever that football coverage thing is. These streaming companies need to hurry up and pick up these games weekly IMO
    Cylon357 likes this.

Swilderbeast is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Reading a new biography on Bo Jackson. The stories about his athletic feats are mind blowing. Currently just started playing for the Raiders in the book. What’s unfortunate is that from high school on, the guy is not motivated to work out or practice hard. If he disagrees with something, like if the coach says something he doesn’t like, he’ll do what he likes and/or leave. Incredibly arrogant & not a team player thus far.

Unimaginable what this guy would have been capable of if he dedicated himself/worked out/GAF. Kind of disappointed in him at this stage of the book. God given talent is a gift that shouldn’t be wasted.

That’s the killer of many athletes from what I’ve seen playing sports growing up. Some just have this raw talent and they dominate the competition they have no work hard ethic because they didn’t need to “get better”. Perfect example when I was playing high school and legion baseball we had a guy who was just a natural, played every position, could hit and for warmups would throw the ball from home plate to the center field wall. I honestly believe had he tried he would have been Bryce Harper before Bryce Harper . A former running back for the Falcons went to that same high school 1 year under me, the guy who broke every record he set 2 years later, same thing practiced when he wanted to no work ethic just showed up and dominated. Went to Michigan State I believe was home with in a year and a half if I remember right, partying too much.
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swilderbeast View Post
    That’s the killer of many athletes from what I’ve seen playing sports growing up. Some just have this raw talent and they dominate the competition they have no work hard ethic because they didn’t need to “get better”. Perfect example when I was playing high school and legion baseball we had a guy who was just a natural, played every position, could hit and for warmups would throw the ball from home plate to the center field wall. I honestly believe had he tried he would have been Bryce Harper before Bryce Harper . A former running back for the Falcons went to that same high school 1 year under me, the guy who broke every record he set 2 years later, same thing practiced when he wanted to no work ethic just showed up and dominated. Went to Michigan State I believe was home with in a year and a half if I remember right, partying too much.
    Bo was a very special specimen/athlete. That fluke hip injury likely kept him out of the HOF in football and possibly baseball as well. I just never would of imagined he really wasn’t a great guy & teammate.

To stay current, what a few days of football - wow! If you didn’t see it, the end of the Patriots game likely will give Bill Belichec (sp?) a stroke or at the very least shave 1-2 years off of his life.

Blog Entries
    Bolts win, baby!

Not pretty from what I could tell. Herbert finished with a good completion ratio but 0 TDs and 2 picks. Eh, I will take the win, especially good to see them play a full four quarters.

Dolphins at Bills.... man, that was a fun old time football game.

Holy smoke, y'all, new record for biggest comeback. Vikings beat the Colts after being down by 33 points. What the hell, man? I STILL think maybe the Vikings are pretenders, though I bet if you look through this thread, you can see where I made some... "less than accurate" predictions, so what do I know?

But that blown lead isn't "Cylon's WTF?? Moment" for this week. Yes, that is a new feature! You should expect to see it approximately whenever the hell I feel like it, or there is just something too WTF to pass up.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the inaugural "Cylon's WTF?? Moment" goes to....

The New England Patriots!

Below here be spoilers! If you want to be surprised, don't read further!

Seriously Pats, da fuq you doin', man? Tied up 24-24 at the Las Vegas Raiders, 4 seconds left in the game, they get some pad the stats yardage to carry into the over time period. But wait, WTF is this?? A lateral from one Pat to another, then another lateral... Holy shit! Are we going to see something to rival the "Music City Miracle"??? No, because that second lateral is a pass, right to a big ass Raider, who catches it nicely, stiff arms the holy fuckity fuck fuck out of Mac Jones, and carries it to the house. Pats 24 Raiders 30.

WTF, Patriots?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swilderbeast View Post
    Mid east coast available games are usually shit as well. Except for this year are the NFC east is having a run. But I’m not a Clit Commander fan and you can bank on them being aired or a Steelers game. Grew up on the west coast so I’d rather see the Raiders 49ers Chargers etc but hell if I’m paying for whatever that football coverage thing is. These streaming companies need to hurry up and pick up these games weekly IMO
    You know, I GUESS that I can thank sh!tty coverage for me being slightly more productive on the weekends...

Blog Entries
    Totally rando here, but when I came in to post about the WTF award, this is how many likes the thread had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NFL-Page9.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	182260

Totally rando here, but when I came in to post about the WTF award, this is how many likes the thread had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NFL-Page9.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	182260
    That’s awesome…

How about that Vikes game, wow.

Then the Bills and today the Raiders?!

Holy shit what a weekend
    Cylon357 likes this.

Bolts win, baby!

Not pretty from what I could tell. Herbert finished with a good completion ratio but 0 TDs and 2 picks. Eh, I will take the win, especially good to see them play a full four quarters.

Dolphins at Bills.... man, that was a fun old time football game.

Holy smoke, y'all, new record for biggest comeback. Vikings beat the Colts after being down by 33 points. What the hell, man? I STILL think maybe the Vikings are pretenders, though I bet if you look through this thread, you can see where I made some... "less than accurate" predictions, so what do I know?

But that blown lead isn't "Cylon's WTF?? Moment" for this week. Yes, that is a new feature! You should expect to see it approximately whenever the hell I feel like it, or there is just something too WTF to pass up.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the inaugural "Cylon's WTF?? Moment" goes to....

The New England Patriots!

Below here be spoilers! If you want to be surprised, don't read further!

Seriously Pats, da fuq you doin', man? Tied up 24-24 at the Las Vegas Raiders, 4 seconds left in the game, they get some pad the stats yardage to carry into the over time period. But wait, WTF is this?? A lateral from one Pat to another, then another lateral... Holy shit! Are we going to see something to rival the "Music City Miracle"??? No, because that second lateral is a pass, right to a big ass Raider, who catches it nicely, stiff arms the holy fuckity fuck fuck out of Mac Jones, and carries it to the house. Pats 24 Raiders 30.

WTF, Patriots?
    That was all on Stevenson, just a massive brain fart. WTF is right. Unreal, get to OT dummy!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Agreeing with some ESPN analysts that are former players. They are referring to Tua as a “candle”; you blow on him and he goes out. I’m not making fun of him, but agree with the analysts that think his career could be in jeopardy. Sit his butt for the rest of the season, but what happens if the kid starts next season with yet another concussion? What a shame.

Kind of happy if Watt does retire, save your health, body & brain for you and your young family.

Next Monday, Cincy & Buffalo!

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/falcons...185243860.html

Living up to the acronym: NFL

National Felons League

Cylon357 likes this.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...220225609.html

Proof positive here gents:

You can take the woman out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the woman...

Lol, so $150,000 per year for daily expenses for a 10 year old. That amounts to $410.95 per day. Hahaha. Imagine a 10 year old spending that kind of money in real life, if my math is close.

I can only imagine how much ghetto stuff they buy, as you know no value on most things as soon as they leave the store...HomeGoods lol, no style or class just Hernandez trash, and I'm talking about her.

Anybody that spends $12k at HomeGoods needs court supervision anyways.

Kinda looks like old Aaron killed the wrong one...

Fucking, "Mom of the Millennium" award should go to her... Fucking piece of work. Ghetto Trash whore...
    Last edited by XnavyHMCS; 01-07-2023 at 11:21 AM.
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...220225609.html

Proof positive here gents:

You can take the woman out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the woman...

Lol, so $150,000 per year for daily expenses for a 10 year old. That amounts to $410.95 per day. Hahaha. Imagine a 10 year old spending that kind of money in real life, if my math is close.

I can only imagine how much ghetto stuff they buy, as you know no value on most things as soon as they leave the store...HomeGoods lol, no style or class just Hernandez trash, and I'm talking about her.

Anybody that spends $12k at HomeGoods needs court supervision anyways.

Kinda looks like old Aaron killed the wrong one...

Fucking, "Mom of the Millennium" award should go to her... Fucking piece of work. Ghetto Trash whore...
    Funny you should bring him up just now. He was another goof that couldn’t have done a better job of leaving evidence of his murder. Helluva football player though.

Nice job Hamlin! And props to the trainers, the first responders and the medical personnel that saved his life.

Although the Cincy coach has a right to gripe now, I hope there’s no backlash.
    Last edited by wango; 01-07-2023 at 01:24 PM.
    XnavyHMCS and Cylon357 like this.

I NEED to do what I said I would do...

I had completely forgotten about his colorful history of misdeeds and murder/s, depending on what you believe, and how it interlaces with our current and earnest discourse in another thread.
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    I NEED to do what I said I would do...

I had completely forgotten about his colorful history of misdeeds and murder/s, depending on what you believe, and how it interlaces with our current and earnest discourse in another thread.
    The stars of absolute stupidity, tragically and coincidentally align. Those two can toil and strife in the underworld as they contemplate their lackadaisical sense of covering their tracks after a crime. A cocky OJ will join them eventually and sarcastically mock them for not being able to afford a great defense team. Blundering buffoons in hell.

Of a somewhat similar vein regarding the National Felons League, I wish someone would have cleaned Dashawn Watson’s clock or that he would have failed more miserably upon his return. Maybe tomorrow, I won’t give up hope?
    Last edited by wango; 01-07-2023 at 02:49 PM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Blog Entries
    They opened the Titans at Jaguars with an electric guitar rendition of the national anthem. Was pretty cool, not Hendrix cool, but pretty cool all the same.

Chiefs massacre the Raiders, so if Buffalo wins, things get wild with the playoff scenarios. And if Cincinnati wins too, man, crazy.
    wango likes this.

Great start to today’s Bill’s game!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nfl!-fa7e0f02-0a5b-425e-9dd0-580da8416a87.jpeg   Nfl!-827e749c-bc24-413e-adca-76845df60a55.jpeg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

So, did Lovie Smith tell the Texans to f-off by winning the game? Was he possibly threatened before the game telling him that he had better lose? I mean damn, losing the #1 pick in the draft, bold strategy.

Checking on you Cy,
    You doing ok? Did I really watch what I think I saw? Holy shit…
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Checking on you Cy,
    You doing ok? Did I really watch what I think I saw? Holy shit…
    Yes, you did, and yeah, I'm fine. I was predicting the outcome with family and friends in text and they were like 'dang, Cylon-a-damus sees the future again!'

They broke down like that multiple times in the season, enough to where I have stated that when they actually play a full 4 quarters, they are contenders, but when they don't (which is WAY too often), they are nothing but pretenders.

The big question is: does this get Staley the boot? IDK the answer for sure, but some of us more... "seasoned" folks might remember Marty Schotenheimer (sp?). He could coach teams to wins in the regular season, like "get the playoff bye" levels of wins consistently, but could not win in the playoffs. He got fired, most recently by the the then San Diego Chargers, for losing in the playoffs after coaching to a 14-2 regular season record.

IF Sean Peyton commits to the Chargers as a legit "bring me out of retirement" option, then I believe the Chargers will fire Staley. If not, then they MAY not, but I would say his job is in serious danger, and if someone else comes along, then maybe he goes anyhow.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information