Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 198
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?

  1. #121
    Fresh2death's Avatar
    Fresh2death is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Just a reminder. Please don't drag any politics into threads. It never ends well.


    Carry on.
    My parents generation had that figured out. You never talked about politics or religion with your friends/ at parties! Now it's all anyone wants to talk about!!! When I'm at parties, even the people that are similar to me ideologically, if they start in on a political rant, I'll immediately steer the conversation away from it. It's pointless. No one ever wins.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  2. #122
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    7,088
    Just found this youtube channel. It is foreign fighters fighting in Ukraine. They are conducting combat patrols and close quarter street fighting.

    Look at the kit they are using. A nice gift from Biden most likely.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQeyk1BQ7LE

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzfg...ature=youtu.be

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOiG...ature=youtu.be
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  3. #123
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    I agree with the esteemed members, in participation here, regarding the fear mongering (fear porn; I'm gonna incorporate that one into my lexicon); a common tactic that bridges the political divide, as both sides are equally as culpable.

    This fits right in with about 2 wks ago when some govt official / analyst published a report stating that, it is believed that we (USA) will be at war with China by/in/just after 2025; or something like that... Well, heaven forbid if we don't keep the golden goose (military industrial complex) laying her golden eggs; eggs which benefit a small percentage of the nation.

    Gotta keep the fear alive after the American people have seen what a pitiful shape our primary adversary was really in.

    Chinese balloons? Does anyone know the regulations, distances, governing international airspace? I would like to believe that Am. airspace extends much greater than the reported 40,000 ft, that the Ch. balloon was flying. I mean, when the Russians downed F.G. Powers spy plane; I sure hope that his mission required him to traverse enemy territory at a greater height... So, if that was really a violation of our airspace, the govt would have brought it down in a heartbeat. I am calling bullshit on a bunch of stuff.

  4. #124
    Cylon357's Avatar
    Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    AKA "Nice Guy Cy"
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post

    I had to go back into my history and search, which is not easy, when you consume the quantity of PORN that I am watching... But, for the pleasure of the perusing audience on the forum, I present a news tid bit which strikes me as more of an act of desperation, than of defense. You be the judge.
    You just watch your porn in a private browsing window. That keeps it out of your history. Or at least that is what a friend of mine does...
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  5. #125
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    7,088
    I agree that by 2025 The cold war with China will end and she will become hot.

    We are basically living the same as they were in the mid to late 1930s when everybody new a war was brewing.

    Now is a good time to rack up heaps of debt in buying supplies because you most likely won't have to pay it back when society collapses.

  6. #126
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    I agree with the esteemed members, in participation here, regarding the fear mongering (fear porn; I'm gonna incorporate that one into my lexicon); a common tactic that bridges the political divide, as both sides are equally as culpable.

    This fits right in with about 2 wks ago when some govt official / analyst published a report stating that, it is believed that we (USA) will be at war with China by/in/just after 2025; or something like that... Well, heaven forbid if we don't keep the golden goose (military industrial complex) laying her golden eggs; eggs which benefit a small percentage of the nation.

    Gotta keep the fear alive after the American people have seen what a pitiful shape our primary adversary was really in.

    Chinese balloons? Does anyone know the regulations, distances, governing international airspace? I would like to believe that Am. airspace extends much greater than the reported 40,000 ft, that the Ch. balloon was flying. I mean, when the Russians downed F.G. Powers spy plane; I sure hope that his mission required him to traverse enemy territory at a greater height... So, if that was really a violation of our airspace, the govt would have brought it down in a heartbeat. I am calling bullshit on a bunch of stuff.
    Agreed, but when dealing with communism in this country itís business as usual. Weíve been in ďfearĒ (not saying that as a positive or negative) since the 40ís. Itís gotten us entangled with Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan (aiding them against Russia), now Ukraine and the ever looming Taiwan & N. Korea.

    We need to bring back the drop & cover drills in school. And to be ahead of the curve, push & invest in companies that make bomb shelters. We can then form a niche market for luxury bomb ďresidencesĒ equipped with wine rooms, high end kitchens & underground pools.

    Hopefully with this global economy, China is more hesitant. Putin seems to be a bit of a loose canon here, but I wonít put anything past N. Korea, as they have little to nothing to lose.

    Hey gotta dig those underground air-fields for Iran, thatís some cool design work.

    Last edited by wango; 02-11-2023 at 10:33 AM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  7. #127
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    I agree that by 2025 The cold war with China will end and she will become hot.

    We are basically living the same as they were in the mid to late 1930s when everybody new a war was brewing.[/B]

    Now is a good time to rack up heaps of debt in buying supplies because you most likely won't have to pay it back when society collapses.
    Euroholic, I hope that you are wrong in your congruity with the 2025 forecast.

    We must keep our fingers crossed that the past peace keeper, the concept of mutually shared destruction, which worked quite well at keeping the big players at bay in the last 50 odd years, will continue to do so. Of course, we faced off obliquely with the Soviets in Vietnam, perhaps Korea, if in fact the USSR was supplying Red China, Afghanistan; along with many other locales. I have faith that China and America, being members of the nuclear club, will let cooler heads prevail in this matter.

    Furthermore, I have heard/read that we are the number one consumer of Chinese goods. If that is in fact true, then a "shooting war" between the parties would certainly be unwelcomed by both sides. (Please note that I specified "shooting war".)

    I would agree that Ch. is flexing her muscle in the Pacific region, but I would guess that's to be expected, it being her backyard. Hopefully as long as we maintain our support and our presence in the countries which are allied with us, we can dissuade them from any greater provocative moves in the region. I personally do not consider an Am. administration abolishing support and assistance, in the coming years, to the breakaway republic of Taiwan, as any reason to resort to an armed conflict with the Red Dragon. My wish is to see their repossession come off without firing a shot.

    Where I highlighted your second sentence; I would venture to guess that you made a rapid typo here... As China preceded Europe in the global conflagration which we now know as the Second World War, being invaded by their bellicose Asian brothers on July 7, 1937, by approx. 2 years. You call yourself "Euroholic", so I would surmise that you hail from the European Continent, so it is only logical, along with myself and my fellow Americans, that we are of the mind that WW II began with the 1 September, 1939 breach of Polish sovereignty, when in fact the war had been raging in Asia prior to this date. Excuse me for pointing that out here; I am not meaning to come off as smart.
    Last edited by XnavyHMCS; 02-12-2023 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Editing and improving my prolific errors; I beg your forgiveness as I am a work in progress, gents.

  8. #128
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Just found this youtube channel. It is foreign fighters fighting in Ukraine. They are conducting combat patrols and close quarter street fighting.

    Look at the kit they are using. A nice gift from Biden most likely.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQeyk1BQ7LE

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzfg...ature=youtu.be

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOiG...ature=youtu.be
    Thanks for the links, brother. I will pass some time watching these, as I have seen several already, which friends sent me from Tik Tok and YT.

    I have some interesting info from my Christmas visit to the Ukrainian Consulate in Lublin, Poland (roughly 2 hrs north of where I am currently installed) specifically regarding an in shape and in possession of a DD214, middle-aged man's possible summer vacation enlistment with the Ukrainian International Legion.

    You are spot on that the foreign fighters are supplied by primarily the US govt (I puff out my chest in the belief that WE are NATO.), with the weapons of war, because logically, one couldn't travel intercontinentally with a bag packed with instruments to deal death and destruction. An enlistee is strongly advised to cross the border in Korczowa-Krakowiec bearing his own body armor and ballistic helmet, because if he is issued these items by the Int. Legion, and he later decides of his own accord to change to another group, he must return these things to them.

    Thanks for the links.
    Last edited by XnavyHMCS; 02-11-2023 at 11:43 PM.

  9. #129
    Fresh2death's Avatar
    Fresh2death is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    You just watch your porn in a private browsing window. That keeps it out of your history. Or at least that is what a friend of mine does...
    DDG and burn that history after watching. Same friend told me that
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  10. #130
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh2death View Post
    DDG and burn that history after watching. Same friend told me that
    I will keep it in mind; thank you.

    I tend to carouse with the type of cunts (see what I did there) that are willing to accept my peculiar (it is rather not; I would say common) affliction for pornography. I tell'em straight up that if they want to be with me they have to accept that; it comes with the territory, so to speak. They need to understand that they are the beneficiaries of my fantasies, which I fuel with my consumption of said genre of films.

    I am far and away from any form of IT specialist... I delete my history after watching, so unless she enlists the assistance of a specialist, she isn't likely to find much. I oftentimes think that some monitor, buried deep within the NSA (or some equivalent EU organism), is scratching his head while observing me and thinking, "something has to be wrong with our surveillance system; nobody can watch that much porn". Hey, I can do...!!!

  11. #131
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Euroholic, I hope that you are wrong in your congruity with the 2025 forecast.

    We must keep our fingers crossed that the past peace keeper, the concept of mutually shared destruction, which worked quite well at keeping the big players at bay in the last 50 odd years, will continue to do so. Of course, we faced off obliquely with the Soviets in Vietnam, perhaps Korea, if in fact the USSR was supplying Red China, Afghanistan; along with many other locales. I have faith that China and America, being members of the nuclear club, will let cooler heads prevail in this matter.

    Furthermore, I have heard/read that we are the number one consumer of Chinese goods. If that is in fact true, then a "shooting war" between the parties would certainly be unwelcomed by both sides. (Please note that I specified "shooting war".)

    I would agree that Ch. is flexing her muscle in the Pacific region, but I would guess that's to be expected, it being her backyard. Hopefully as long as we maintain our support and our presence in the countries which are allied with us, we can dissuade them from any greater provocative moves in the region. I personally do not consider an Am. administration abolishing support and assistance, in the coming years, to the breakaway republic of Taiwan, as any reason to resort to an armed conflict with the Red Dragon. My wish is to see their repossession come off without firing a shot.
    I know the thread is about Russia/Ukraine, but the Chinese and the balloons were introduced and continue to be a topic. Fear of communism is in the DNA of anyone here post WWII. Grated, Hussein and Bin Laden/Terrorism took over the headlines for a bit, but we still have that lurking paranoia about the commies.

    As I mentioned, Iím thinking China wants to keep business flowing as more of their population is getting progressively accustomed to luxury and wealth. That said, theyíre not a democracy, so the publicís opinion doesnít have the same impact as ours on the leadership & itís decisions. However, I see China just keep pushing in more clever ways. They are well ahead of us with their strategy; donít read this at night, youíll lose sleep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-1592e026-717c-4c6d-a8d2-7f3d6bc4b15e.jpeg   What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-b4dd270d-656a-4dfc-b811-10aafcbc51b4.jpeg   What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-643d03f6-0071-436d-b29f-201ed4164788.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  12. #132
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,010
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    I know the thread is about Russia/Ukraine, but the Chinese and the balloons were introduced and continue to be a topic. Fear of communism is in the DNA of anyone here post WWII. Grated, Hussein and Bin Laden/Terrorism took over the headlines for a bit, but we still have that lurking paranoia about the commies.

    As I mentioned, I’m thinking China wants to keep business flowing as more of their population is getting progressively accustomed to luxury and wealth. That said, they’re not a democracy, so the public’s opinion doesn’t have the same impact as ours on the leadership & it’s decisions. However, I see China just keep pushing in more clever ways. They are well ahead of us with their strategy; don’t read this at night, you’ll lose sleep.
    I want to say I read this in the late 90's early 2000's +/-. It shows how adept the Chinese game plan uses/avails itself of deceit and subterfuge. They greet with one hand and use the other to assault.
    XnavyHMCS and lovbyts like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  13. #133
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraines-...160759531.html

    I don't have time this early morning to contribute; I have an exam to prepare for my university students... So I will just drop this here for now.

    I gather, by the write up, that the situation is not so rosy, as concerns UA. manpower...

  14. #134
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,176
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I want to say I read this in the late 90's early 2000's +/-. It shows how adept the Chinese game plan uses/avails itself of deceit and subterfuge. They greet with one hand and use the other to assault.
    They might have learned that from us (the US)
    wango and XnavyHMCS like this.

  15. #135
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    They might have learned that from us (the US)
    Man that is so unpatriotic; we have been the bastions of decency & human rights since the 1600ís .
    XnavyHMCS and < <Samson> > like this.

  16. #136
    Honkey_Kong's Avatar
    Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Dude Abides
    Posts
    10,766
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Euroholic, I hope that you are wrong in your congruity with the 2025 forecast.

    We must keep our fingers crossed that the past peace keeper, the concept of mutually shared destruction, which worked quite well at keeping the big players at bay in the last 50 odd years, will continue to do so. Of course, we faced off obliquely with the Soviets in Vietnam, perhaps Korea, if in fact the USSR was supplying Red China, Afghanistan; along with many other locales. I have faith that China and America, being members of the nuclear club, will let cooler heads prevail in this matter.

    Furthermore, I have heard/read that we are the number one consumer of Chinese goods. If that is in fact true, then a "shooting war" between the parties would certainly be unwelcomed by both sides. (Please note that I specified "shooting war".)

    I would agree that Ch. is flexing her muscle in the Pacific region, but I would guess that's to be expected, it being her backyard. Hopefully as long as we maintain our support and our presence in the countries which are allied with us, we can dissuade them from any greater provocative moves in the region. I personally do not consider an Am. administration abolishing support and assistance, in the coming years, to the breakaway republic of Taiwan, as any reason to resort to an armed conflict with the Red Dragon. My wish is to see their repossession come off without firing a shot.

    Where I highlighted your second sentence; I would venture to guess that you made a rapid typo here... As China preceded Europe in the global conflagration which we now know as the Second World War, being invaded by their bellicose Asian brothers on July 7, 1937, by approx. 2 years. You call yourself "Euroholic", so I would surmise that you hail from the European Continent, so it is only logical, along with myself and my fellow Americans, that we are of the mind that WW II began with the 1 September, 1939 breach of Polish sovereignty, when in fact the war had been raging in Asia prior to this date. Excuse me for pointing that out here; I am not meaning to come off as smart.
    I wouldn't believe a fvking word in the news regarding anything. These people are notorious liars. What makes you think this time they're telling you the truth about China?

    That being said, I'm just tired of all the fvuking fear porn. None of us have any power over our government nor do we have any control over the lies and propaganda our media/government feeds us. The whole thing here is just crap to get you living in fear so that THEY can manipulate you in to thinking/going along with anything they want you to.

    And of course it'll all go back to that fake left/right paradigm. If you vote harder next time.... Except every single candidate in every single election is hand picked by the same people that are manipulating us in to the China/Russia hate. Think your vote is going to make a difference this time? LOL.


    They way I see it is this. If there's going to be some "hot" war with China, the get on with it already. If not, STFU. This is equivalent to the bully on the playground that threatens to kick everyone's ass but never actually fights anyone. Idle threats only work for so long. So now, they're upping the ante with the threats to make you think it's more and more serious. It's called sensationalism.
    lovbyts likes this.

  17. #137
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,176
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Man that is so unpatriotic; we have been the bastions of decency & human rights since the 1600’s .
    I wish that was always true. I think Most of the time we actually try to help but like any good thing someone has to F it all up.

  18. #138
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-r...160900945.html

    Tanks are coming; slowly but surely.

    Again, these engines have not proven to be total war winners, in and of themselves. The German Leopard 2, said to be one of the best in existence, is not without her battlefield limitations. Below is a clip from information on an obscure Syrian engagement, which demonstrates the logical limitations of these "wunderwaffe".

    Use of Leopard 2 tanks
    Initially, three of the Turkish Leopard 2A4s operating in Syria were destroyed or damaged by ISIS using anti-tank missile systems (possibly Fagot or Konkurs anti-tank guided missiles obtained from Syrian or Iraqi Army captured stocks).[citation needed] In mid-December 2016, two 2A4 tanks were captured by ISIS near al-Bab city in Syria during Euphrates Shield operations; Amaq News Agency posted video of the captured vehicles.[214] By late December 2016, Islamic State had captured or incapacitated 10 Leopard 2A4s. Some of the 10 were damaged by IEDs, while the rest were damaged by anti-tank weapons. This is the largest number of Leopard 2A4 tanks to have been incapacitated in any one conflict.[215] Additional ISIS propaganda images and video depicting several completely destroyed Leopards, some with their turrets blown off, were published in January 2017.[216] Tanks which suffered the worst damage may have been destroyed by air strikes in order to prevent capture but sources generally state that the damage was caused solely with anti-tank missiles or car bombs driven by a suicide bomber (also known as suicide vehicle borne improvised explosive devices or SVBIED).[217][218]

    In January 2017, the German newspaper Die Welt reported that ISIL fighters used 9M133 Kornet anti-tank missiles to destroy six Leopard 2 tanks used by the Turkish military in Syria.[219]

    At least eight Leopard 2 MBT have been destroyed according to photographic reports.

    (The above section comes from the following analysis / run down of the battle, Wiki; perhaps not the most reliable source.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_al-Bab

    It goes without saying that the UA forces can diminish the inherent risks to these battlefield behemoths, by effectively incorporating the tactic of combined arms.

    Furthermore, there have been news reports concerning the current difficulties in keeping the UA army supplied with artillery shells and small arms ammunition. These reports stated that Western governments were telling them to in effect, shoot less.

    The game is still being played.

  19. #139
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    12,752
    Blog Entries
    2
    “Shoot less” < how do you not love that?
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  20. #140
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    Ok, get a load of this update:

    Today, in the main hospital in Rzeszow, Poland (The city nearest the airport where Pres. Biden was twice, just this Monday, and last late spring.), a group of British army medical officers, and I assume "Line Officers", visited my good friend and student, who is the head of the Pathology / Histopathology Dept.. These officers were there to discuss taking over the morgue in the facility, and wanted to know the hospitals contingency plans for increasing the existing morgue's capacity...

    I leave you gents to draw your own conclusions.

    I can add that in the last month, there has been a marked increase in the traffic of Am. military vehicles coming and going, from the area near the airport, where the US mil. has established their "temporary" (A recent news article in the Polish news media stated that the US military has signed a 10 yrs lease on the plot of land 700 meters from my girlfriend's house; where they have their base.) base. Furthermore, last Friday evening I saw a long line, a convoy, of flatbed semi trucks waiting to load up, with cargo, destined for UA.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the West cooks up a casus belli to cross the border, in aid of our UA allies.

    Again, I leave you to form your own conclusions.

  21. #141
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    12,752
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    Ok, get a load of this update:

    Today, in the main hospital in Rzeszow, Poland (The city nearest the airport where Pres. Biden was twice, just this Monday, and last late spring.), a group of British army medical officers, and I assume "Line Officers", visited my good friend and student, who is the head of the Pathology / Histopathology Dept.. These officers were there to discuss taking over the morgue in the facility, and wanted to know the hospitals contingency plans for increasing the existing morgue's capacity...

    I leave you gents to draw your own conclusions.

    I can add that in the last month, there has been a marked increase in the traffic of Am. military vehicles coming and going, from the area near the airport, where the US mil. has established their "temporary" (A recent news article in the Polish news media stated that the US military has signed a 10 yrs lease on the plot of land 700 meters from my girlfriend's house; where they have their base.) base. Furthermore, last Friday evening I saw a long line, a convoy, of flatbed semi trucks waiting to load up, with cargo, destined for UA.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the West cooks up a casus belli to cross the border, in aid of our UA allies.

    Again, I leave you to form your own conclusions.
    Well, thx for the eyes & ears at as close as you are to ground zero

    What exactly? Who knows

    It’s just draining the tax payers fake credit money from the US

    IMO this garbage will drag out till “our” fictitious president is finally out of the White House

    At least Vlad isn’t going complete ass hole & is just spraying the cities with hot lead instead of pulling a Hiroshima(yet)
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  22. #142
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    Nice assist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-17c52471-d394-4e68-a887-2ac7e1e82be3.jpeg  

  23. #143
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,010
    Since China and others have become part of the Ukrainian discussion, does anyone ever wonder if some of our enemies are responsible for all of the financial hacks that are occurring?

    Here's a very minor incident . Just today, there were over $400 dollars pending ,(fraudulent charges) on the wife's debit card. The kicker is we keep the debit cards locked up and the charges were in NYC. On top of that, the last time she used her debit card was.....wait for it......NEVER. The only activity that card has seen is when she activated it when SunTrust became Truist.

    It's gotten to the point that I'm going to take Kel's advice and keep all of our credit and debit cards locked,; then unlock them as needed.

    It's got to be on SunTrust's/Truist's end of things since the card had only been activated and been stored securely.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  24. #144
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Since China and others have become part of the Ukrainian discussion, does anyone ever wonder if some of our enemies are responsible for all of the financial hacks that are occurring?

    Here's a very minor incident . Just today, there were over $400 dollars pending ,(fraudulent charges) on the wife's debit card. The kicker is we keep the debit cards locked up and the charges were in NYC. On top of that, the last time she used her debit card was.....wait for it......NEVER. The only activity that card has seen is when she activated it when SunTrust became Truist.

    It's gotten to the point that I'm going to take Kel's advice and keep all of our credit and debit cards locked,; then unlock them as needed.

    It's got to be on SunTrust's/Truist's end of things since the card had only been activated and been stored securely.
    We get fraudulent charges & have to change our credit card about once every year or if we’re lucky, two. Our bank and credit card company are generally on top of things & never had to pay.

  25. #145
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,010
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    We get fraudulent charges & have to change our credit card about once every year or if we’re lucky, two. Our bank and credit card company are generally on top of things & never had to pay.
    Unfortunately, debit cards don't have the equal protections of credit cards. My credit card has been used on your side of the country. I've literally had the bank fraud department call me at home and asked me where I was. I had to point out the fact that they called me so they know where I'm at. Then they explained that at that very moment someone was racking up charges on my card in Cathedral City, Ca.

    Debit cards are even worse. I've had it take over 5 months for resolution when my debit card was stolen out of our mailbox. Supposedly they say it takes less than 60 days to rectify it, but that's not the exact truth. They can claim " investigation difficulties" and string it out an additional ,80 days.

    I will say Truist is reacting quicker than when it was SunTrust.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  26. #146
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Since China and others have become part of the Ukrainian discussion, does anyone ever wonder if some of our enemies are responsible for all of the financial hacks that are occurring?.
    Yes, but then again, thatís what the book I mentioned earlier (UnRestricted Warfare) was about.

    BTW, bummer about the card. Itís a new world & not necessarily a better one.

  27. #147
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,878
    Drove all the way to Tucson from PA last week and was having all kinds of issues with my cards not working. Noticed a bunch of bogus “Apple.com” purchases when I checked the bank app. Like 10 over a 2 day period. Put a lock on the card and I have to call and see what is going on tomorrow.
    lovbyts likes this.

  28. #148
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    I thought we should have moved on Iran the second there was a hint that they were assisting Russia against Ukraine. Letís eliminate these clowns and give N. Korea something to think about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-5287324d-c85b-4c1c-9cba-874fc1709301.jpeg  

  29. #149
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    A world without islam!!!!
    Posts
    7,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Drove all the way to Tucson from PA last week and was having all kinds of issues with my cards not working. Noticed a bunch of bogus “Apple.com” purchases when I checked the bank app. Like 10 over a 2 day period. Put a lock on the card and I have to call and see what is going on tomorrow.

    What I do is lock my card on the bank app on my mobile phone and only unlock it when I go to make a purchase then lock it straight away.

    You should pay everything with credit card and just pay it off within the interest free period. Visa and mastercard 100% guarantee against fraud.

    It is better to use their currency for free than your own.
    XnavyHMCS and Test Monsterone like this.

  30. #150
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    I thought we should have moved on Iran the second there was a hint that they were assisting Russia against Ukraine. Let’s eliminate these clowns and give N. Korea something to think about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQiIkz7J5Y

    Wango : You could have guessed, that was coming...

    We will have our hands full trying to knock the Iranian piece off of the chess board, which is the Middle East. That nation is destined to be a nuclear power, and quite likely to dominate the region, superseding what has been roughly 100yrs of American hegemony in the region. She certainly lacks sufficient naval forces to compete with us (There is a reason why we have the unofficial motto: The Sea is Ours; it's true.) and her army is definitely second (or third) rate, also we have a jump on them technologically, but I urge people to take a look at a map of that country; it is not Iraq... The mountainous terrain will work to their advantage, in a land war, as mountains have a tendency to nullify a strong portion of technological advantage; at least for the moment. Furthermore, the Iranian population is substantially larger than her ME neighbors. In the end it may be seen as cheaper to bring these Persian "ragheads" to the bargaining table, than to confront them militarily.
    wango likes this.

  31. #151
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    I wasnít thinking nation building like previous blunders. More in the line of strategically fín them up militarily & temporarily crippling their oil production. Perhaps a ďlittleĒ selective infrastructure & government building destruction. A NATO joint effort. Actually as little civilian deaths as possible.

    I would hope that weíve learned our lessons from Iraq & Afghanistan.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

  32. #152
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    https://news.yahoo.com/day-meeting-b...113251839.html

    I love how in the article, "The Russian minister went on to accuse Washington of "trying to militarise" the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue, a partnership between the United States, Australia, India and Japan that focuses on strategic issues in the Indo-Pacific region.". Correct me if I am remiss in believing that that is the purpose of a security partnership which focuses on issues of strategy...

    Gotta love the diplomatic rhetoric at play here, gents.

    Also, even if you don't take (waste) the time to read the whole article; check out the comments section; many of them are pure gold.

    This also comes from the above article:
    "Speaking at the same strategic affairs forum after Blinken, Lavrov said it was "double standards" to question Russia's action in Ukraine when the United States cited a "threat to its national interest" to justify military intervention in various parts of the world, including the war in Iraq, air strikes on Libya, and the bombing of Yugoslavia during the Kosovo conflict in 1999."
    I reckon there is quite an element of truth here from Minister Lavrov.
    Last edited by XnavyHMCS; 03-03-2023 at 01:29 PM.

  33. #153
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    Sorry for the hijack Xnavy. But with the recent kidnapping /killing, continued & increasing deaths from fentanyl & then this statement? Iíve said it years ago; itís time to annex the northern 1/2 of this mess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-aad4e8b2-376e-4e5b-8f75-ecb5d9a8f0e1.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS and Test Monsterone like this.

  34. #154
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Sorry for the hijack Xnavy. But with the recent kidnapping /killing, continued & increasing deaths from fentanyl & then this statement? I’ve said it years ago; it’s time to annex the northern 1/2 of this mess.
    I agree with you here. I support our military either working independently, or in concert with the Mexican govt., crossing the border and thinning out the narc gangs herds. If we were to meet any resistance from the Mexican govt. or military, we should just push them aside.

    Of course, this proposition is a great political rhetoric talking point, and is rife with difficulties, but it could certainly be implemented in practice. Likewise what Wango said; we don't go for occupying the whole country; just some territory along the border. I mean; it's not like we haven't done it before with Mexico, so this is nothing new for us.
    Last edited by XnavyHMCS; 03-10-2023 at 02:05 PM.
    wango and Test Monsterone like this.

  35. #155
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nato-chie...145325972.html

    I guess one could surmise that it is about time for the Russian Bear to take posession of this battered city; at least, what is likely left of it.

    The article is quite long, but here's an interesting snippet:

    EU defence ministers were meeting in Stockholm to discuss a plan to rush one billion euros worth of ammunition to Ukraine as pressure mounts on Kyiv's allies to bolster supplies to the war effort.

    Ukraine's Western backers warn that Kyiv is facing a critical shortage of 155-millimetre howitzer shells as it fires thousands each day in its fight against the grinding Russian offensive.

    "The current rate of consumption compared to the current rate of production of ammunition is not sustainable, and therefore we need to ramp up production," Stoltenberg said.

  36. #156
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    26,010
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    I agree with you here. I support our military either working independently, or in concert with the Mexican govt., crossing the border and thinning out the narc gangs herds. If we were to meet any resistance from the Mexican govt. or military, we should just push them aside.

    Of course, this proposition is a great political rhetoric talking point, and is rife with difficulties, but it could certainly be implemented in practice. Likewise what Wango said; we don't go for the occupying the whole country; just some territory along the border. I mean; it's not like we haven't done it before we Mexico, so this is nothing new for us.
    Exactly. Not the first time this has been done. Colombia was a hot bed for ~ a decade and a half.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  37. #157
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    I agree with you here. I support our military either working independently, or in concert with the Mexican govt., crossing the border and thinning out the narc gangs herds. If we were to meet any resistance from the Mexican govt. or military, we should just push them aside.

    Of course, this proposition is a great political rhetoric talking point, and is rife with difficulties, but it could certainly be implemented in practice. Likewise what Wango said; we don't go for the occupying the whole country; just some territory along the border. I mean; it's not like we haven't done it before we Mexico, so this is nothing new for us.
    Mexico should become a US colony at this point. Their law enforcement works with the cartel. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. They have off duty cops that work for the cartel part time. Bodybuilder Larry Pollock lived in Mexico for a while when he was in the steroid selling and manufacturing business and ended up getting kidnapped. He escaped and described just how corrupt the police is down there... The police would have given him back to the cartels, so he had to get someone to drive him to the border. He has quite a story on youtube. Very intense.
    wango and XnavyHMCS like this.

  38. #158
    wango's Avatar
    wango is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Mexico should become a US colony at this point. Their law enforcement works with the cartel. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. They have off duty cops that work for the cartel part time. Bodybuilder Larry Pollock lived in Mexico for a while when he was in the steroid selling and manufacturing business and ended up getting kidnapped. He escaped and described just how corrupt the police is down there... The police would have given him back to the cartels, so he had to get someone to drive him to the border. He has quite a story on youtube. Very intense.
    Absolutely no way we can coordinate with or trust them.

    If you get a chance, watch ďThe Last NarcĒ on Amazon. Itís the real life documentary of the investigation of the killing of a DEA agent by the cartel. They actually have some of those cop/cartel enforcers on the show.
    Test Monsterone and XnavyHMCS like this.

  39. #159
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Mexico should become a US colony at this point. Their law enforcement works with the cartel. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. They have off duty cops that work for the cartel part time. Bodybuilder Larry Pollock lived in Mexico for a while when he was in the steroid selling and manufacturing business and ended up getting kidnapped. He escaped and described just how corrupt the police is down there... The police would have given him back to the cartels, so he had to get someone to drive him to the border. He has quite a story on youtube. Very intense.
    I'll have to check that out. I had seen something about it, on some news source or YT, but I thought that it was some bullshit PR move or click-bait.

    TM as well as Wango (I think all of us are on the same page concerning the Mex govt and the narco traficers.) are right; trusting the Mex. military or the Federales would be akin to the Pres. Obama administration eliciting assistance from the Pakis on the Abbottabad raid
    wango likes this.

  40. #160
    XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post

    If you get a chance, watch “The Last Narc” on Amazon. It’s the real life documentary of the investigation of the killing of a DEA agent by the cartel. They actually have some of those cop/cartel enforcers on the show.
    I remember reading about this in Time magazine. A truly tragic story of the abduction, torture and murder of DEA agent Kiki Camarena...
    wango likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •