Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
    I wonder how many of you guys donated/still donate to Ukraine. This war has been lasting for more than a year, and it seems a lot of people are pretty tired to help. I personally follow the news about the new projects aimed to help and support the Ukrainians. recently, I discovered one called Car To Donate. Its goal is to find people who want to donate their old cars for military purposes. These cars are repaired and transformed according to the needs of the armed forces, paramedics, or ASAP Rescue Teams. I like the idea.
    "Car to Donate" sounds to me, like a total Hail Mary...

There has been some recent news, here in Poland, concerning increasing protests against the war, against inflation, against assisting the Ukrainians; protests which are taking place, not in Poland but, in Western Europe. If there is any truth to this; I can't say it surprises me.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Below are clips from a news article which I came across this morning. The information logically comes as no surprise, as the fighting continues.
    Frequently, it is the boldest and the best fighters, which are the first to fall...

All 500 original members of a Ukrainian battalion were killed or wounded in fighting with Russia, commander says

Ukraine's defense is being hindered by the loss of experienced soldiers, The Washington Post reported.

One commander said all 500 original members of his battalion had been killed or injured.

Soldiers with significant combat experience "are all already dead or wounded," the commander said.

The war in Ukraine is bleeding both sides, with each suffering more than 100,000 military casualties (killed and wounded) since Russia launched its full-scale invasion last year. But with Moscow able to draft fighters from a population that dwarfs that of Ukraine, there is growing concern that Kyiv is less capable of suffering sustained losses — and that this will jeopardize its ability to strike back this spring, The Washington Post reported on Monday.
    The gravity of the situation is illustrated by the experience of Ukraine's 46th Air Assault Brigade. A commander of a battalion within the brigade told the Post that he'd lost every one of the 500 people he commanded back in February 2022, leading them to be replaced with fresh recruits far less capable on the battlefield.
    "The most valuable thing in war is combat experience," he said, describing the difference between a soldier with six months of experience and one who was freshly trained as "heaven and earth."

"And there are only a few soldiers with combat experience," he told the Post. "Unfortunately, they are all already dead or wounded."

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
    I wonder how many of you guys donated/still donate to Ukraine. This war has been lasting for more than a year, and it seems a lot of people are pretty tired to help. I personally follow the news about the new projects aimed to help and support the Ukrainians. recently, I discovered one called Car To Donate. Its goal is to find people who want to donate their old cars for military purposes. These cars are repaired and transformed according to the needs of the armed forces, paramedics, or ASAP Rescue Teams. I like the idea.

I think that the unwilling US tax payers have donated enough to complete nonsense - this “war” being one

Still no idea where this crap will go - at this point, I’m thinking realistically nowhere - it’ll just be a reason to blame for the insane inflation, until this POS is out of the White House

You’re already donating at the pump every time you gas up - well, unless you mob a Tesla or a Rivian - in that case, nothing even matters
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-vetera...125326530.html

In essence, they are all "war tourists".
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Apparently 800,000 North Korean troops “volunteered” to join the fight against Ukraine. How funny would it be if they all just defected to get out of N Korea? Kim would probably murder their families if they did try to escape. I’d be trying to get captured lol.
    XnavyHMCS and wango like this.

Blog Entries
    It’s all good as vlad just plays war games - not, just takes off a coast of the US to prove a point(I don’t “think” he will tho) - the Ruskies seem to be having too much fun over there just blasting away at everything
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    I’ll go with Patton on this one. Imagine; all of the subsequent bs that could have been avoided.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-6468de9e-2386-4621-b524-4d0104f1f4d5.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

A good question would have been, "With whom". The forces of all the armies, which conquered and converged on Berlin, had effectively shot their bolt; for lack of a better term; everyone was war weary in the late spring of 1945. And we cannot forget that the Rising Sun, which had already effectively been literally sunk by the formidable power of the America submarine arm (Go Navy / The Sea is Ours / Semper Fortis / Non Sibi sed Patriae).
    Our stalwart British allies had literally reached the end of their pool of fighters; having to amalgamate depleted units, just to continue; about the time of the final breakout battle of the Falaise Gap. (Been there, Mont-Ormel, France, It offers a panoramic, commanding view of the valley, where the pugilistic Polish 1st Armored Division slugged it out; literally earning the moniker for the cauldron, the "corridor of death".)
    Roughly 2 generations of German manhood fell, only to remain interred as fertilizer for the Eastern Front.
    And to speak nothing of the French, nor the Italians, for that matter...

Perhaps we (USA) could have forged ahead, going it alone, but the American people would likely not have permitted such a conflict to prevail. We were a nation, which had just recently climbed out of the Great Depression, armed nearly every allied army which resulted in the resounding defeat of the Axis powers, and stood poised to secure our position as the world's leader, for the future half century.

While I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Wango; for all of Patton's bluster, it would have been an insuperable undertaking to push the Soviet forces back from where they had come.

Ahhhhhh... History.

In retrospect Patton was undoubtedly prescient in his prediction, but premature with his prose.

Quote Originally Posted by XnavyHMCS View Post
    A good question would have been, "With whom". The forces of all the armies, which conquered and converged on Berlin, had effectively shot their bolt; for lack of a better term; everyone was war weary in the late spring of 1945. And we cannot forget that the Rising Sun, which had already effectively been literally sunk by the formidable power of the America submarine arm (Go Navy / The Sea is Ours / Semper Fortis / Non Sibi sed Patriae).
    Our stalwart British allies had literally reached the end of their pool of fighters; having to amalgamate depleted units, just to continue; about the time of the final breakout battle of the Falaise Gap. (Been there, Mont-Ormel, France, It offers a panoramic, commanding view of the valley, where the pugilistic Polish 1st Armored Division slugged it out; literally earning the moniker for the cauldron, the "corridor of death".)
    Roughly 2 generations of German manhood fell, only to remain interred as fertilizer for the Eastern Front.
    And to speak nothing of the French, nor the Italians, for that matter...

Perhaps we (USA) could have forged ahead, going it alone, but the American people would likely not have permitted such a conflict to prevail. We were a nation, which had just recently climbed out of the Great Depression, armed nearly every allied army which resulted in the resounding defeat of the Axis powers, and stood poised to secure our position as the world's leader, for the future half century.

While I agree wholeheartedly with your post, Wango; for all of Patton's bluster, it would have been an insuperable undertaking to push the Soviet forces back from where they had come.

Ahhhhhh... History.

In retrospect Patton was undoubtedly prescient in his prediction, but premature with his prose.
    Well, why not fire bomb them to oblivion (check out the numbers on those lists) like we did to Japan before we dropped not 1, but 2 nukes on them. And, since they didn’t develop their own nukes for several years (damn, we didn’t get all of those clever Nazi scientists, no Nuremberg trials for them lol), nuke them afterwards. Like the rest of the world would have had a major beef with us doing it to another country at that time. If so, who the f cared, because we just saved your ass in yet another world war. Hey let a a bunch of the Jews from the fledgling Israel move over there. Think of the mid-east bs problems that could have been reduced in the future. Your welcome Europe, and of by the way you’ll be thanking us in the future for obliterating Russia as well.

Pack your bags Steven, I’ll buy you a one way ticket out of here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-f32a20c4-14a0-46f2-a198-59d1560a6dfa.jpeg   What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-826b7d63-d38f-46cf-a8d9-dd20ec4cfc50.jpeg   What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-5ba37116-056d-4f13-9db1-2c11094b7651.jpeg  
    Last edited by wango; 03-20-2023 at 09:21 AM.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-vetera...125326530.html

In essence, they are all "war tourists".
    Interesting read, TY. I’m surprised he didn’t die first by some “accidental” friendly fire.

Iron Maiden. The Trooper: Based upon Alfred Lord Tennyson Charge of the Light Brigade which is part and parcel of the Crimean War.

You'll take my life, but I'll take yours too

You'll fire your musket, but I'll run you through

So when you're waiting for the next attack

You'd better stand, there's no turning back

The bugle sounds, the charge begins

But on this battlefield, no one wins

The smell of acrid smoke and horses' breath

As I plunge on into certain death, oh, oh

The horse, he sweats with fear, we break to run

The mighty roar of the Russian guns

And as we race towards the human wall

The screams of pain as my comrades fall

We hurdle bodies that lay on the ground

And the Russians fire another round

We get so near, yet so far away

We were meant to fight another day, oh, oh

We get so close, near enough to fight

When a Russian gets me in his sights

He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow

A burst of rounds take my horse below

And as I lay there gazing at the sky

My body's numb and my throat is dry

And as I lay forgotten and alone

Without a tear, I draw my parting groan, oh, oh
    < <Samson> > and wango like this.

Iron Maiden. The Trooper: Based upon Alfred Lord Tennyson Charge of the Light Brigade which is part and parcel of the Crimean War.

You'll take my life, but I'll take yours too

You'll fire your musket, but I'll run you through

So when you're waiting for the next attack

You'd better stand, there's no turning back

The bugle sounds, the charge begins

But on this battlefield, no one wins

The smell of acrid smoke and horses' breath

As I plunge on into certain death, oh, oh

The horse, he sweats with fear, we break to run

The mighty roar of the Russian guns

And as we race towards the human wall

The screams of pain as my comrades fall

We hurdle bodies that lay on the ground

And the Russians fire another round

We get so near, yet so far away

We were meant to fight another day, oh, oh

We get so close, near enough to fight

When a Russian gets me in his sights

He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow

A burst of rounds take my horse below

And as I lay there gazing at the sky

My body's numb and my throat is dry

And as I lay forgotten and alone

Without a tear, I draw my parting groan, oh, oh
    One of Johnny’s favorite songs in the trenches. He’d continue to bang his head to the rhythm, even after the war . . . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-2948628e-433e-471c-87ea-e2bdad007d62.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Iron Maiden. good music boys and the drummer has a rib place here in town, rocking roll ribs...

fucking great place
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

wango and < <Samson> > like this.

Sorry for the hijack, but this kinda pissed me off. Thank you for your service, please Rest In Peace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-da8b003f-97c3-41f8-b7c1-f7fbb9b48c14.jpeg  
    < <Samson> > and XnavyHMCS like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Sorry for the hijack, but this kinda pissed me off. Thank you for your service, please Rest In Peace.
    Life man, fuck

Just met a lady fresh out of Ru today. It was an experience to say the least. She booked as soon as all of this “war” BS was announced. Older lady & full of wisdom - really painted a good picture on what’s really going on over there.

This was really eye opening to me, at least
    wango and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Life man, fuck

Just met a lady fresh out of Ru today. It was an experience to say the least. She booked as soon as all of this “war” BS was announced. Older lady & full of wisdom - really painted a good picture on what’s really going on over there.

This was really eye opening to me, at least
    PM me the details of what she said, please.

PM me the details of what she said, please.
    Heck, I’m damn interested as well. Just spill the beans; it ain’t classified information, lol.
    XnavyHMCS and < <Samson> > like this.

Heck, I’m damn interested as well. Just spill the beans; it ain’t classified information, lol.
    Yeah, same here Samson; I would like to know what she said, her interpretation of the situation in the nation, etc...

Blog Entries
    It’s just makes me feel quite a bit different about the situation

The Russian people are getting the shaft(like always) - and, over here we’re still living “the dream”

It’s so interesting to meet folk so out of age range but still relate - she’s prob a good 70+ and just made it to US soil less than a year ago

After actually meeting her, I really do wish I had more to give - the Ru folk would be the 1st on my list - not, just because they have it the worst out of any 3rd world nation - but, it’s so close to home - it made me feel in a instant on how much I/we have & take for granted

She stated the Ru folk are finding any way to flee out of any direction possible as fast as possible.
    wango and XnavyHMCS like this.

It’s just makes me feel quite a bit different about the situation . . . .

It’s so interesting to meet folk so out of age range but still relate - she’s prob a good 70+.

. . . . it made me feel in a instant on how much I/we have & take for granted
    TY for the story Samson!

Working in a nursing home a few decades ago (several very high functioning elderly in their 80’s, 90’s and a few in their 100’s), gave me a totally different perspective on life. It’s so rewarding to take the time & truly listen to their stories.
    XnavyHMCS and < <Samson> > like this.

Oops . . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's the pulse of the American people, concerning aid to Ukraine?-f46b54c5-c2a3-47ea-8245-101127f2c086.jpeg  
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Oops . . . .
    Yeah, and by the Twitter clip I saw, she just walked up to this dude, gave him the package, and took a seat less than 10 meters from the guy...

By her comportment; she didn't appear to know there was an IED / explosive device in the bust. Nor did she appear to be a suicide bomber.

Let the Partisan War begin...
    wango likes this.

Partisan? Dude, I was born into the decade of McCarthyism. Any dead Ruskie is fine by me & is nothing to shed a tear about.

Blog Entries
    Any dead Ruskie is fine by me & is nothing to shed a tear about.

A tad crude ey?

That type of attitude & content really enables the Russian mind set

Partisan? Dude, I was born into the decade of McCarthyism. Any dead Ruskie is fine by me & is nothing to shed a tear about.
    Perhaps you misinterpreted my comment. When I said "Let the Partisan War begin.", I was implying that as the war rages on, and perhaps when formal hostilities cease; then the separatist conflict will commence, ie, guerillas in the hills, assassinations of local officials, the murder of innocent civilians and bombings.

I never once said that this hit was a tragedy or a violation of ROEs (It could be argued whether or not these are even in existence in this conflict.).
    wango likes this.

such a piece of shit thing to say knowing one of our brothers (Samson) is from Russia and openly talks about it.

wouldn't expect anything different PROX

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    such a piece of shit thing to say knowing one of our brothers (Samson) is from Russia and openly talks about it.

I would be more inclined to believe that Wango / Prox made that comment off the cuff, and with no intention of offending Samson. He is only voicing the feelings of many Western individuals concerning the Russian military and political machines and anyone who supports them.

We must not forget; we are ALL under the influence of our respective government's propaganda machines; Russian, American, etc. I am not at all surprised when I see news reports talking about the high percentage of Russian citizens who believe that their government is doing the right thing, as regards Ukraine and their prosecution of the специальной военной операции Special Military Operation. Likewise, I am not surprised when I witness the opposing Western support...

it was a disrespectful thing to say. I don't give a shit about reason.
    XnavyHMCS, almostgone and *Admin* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post

Yup. And in our hey day here when the anti-black rhetoric was flying around, including joking about lynching, you were there to put and end to it. I didn’t say you contributed, but you nor anyone else spoke up. Spare me the hypocrisy and your sudden political correctness.

I would be more inclined to believe that Wango / Prox made that comment off the cuff, and with no intention of offending Samson. He is only voicing the feelings of many Western individuals concerning the Russian military and political machines and anyone who supports them.

We must not forget; we are ALL under the influence of our respective government's propaganda machines; Russian, American, etc. I am not at all surprised when I see news reports talking about the high percentage of Russian citizens who believe that their government is doing the right thing, as regards Ukraine and their prosecution of the специальной военной операции Special Military Operation. Likewise, I am not surprised when I witness the opposing Western support...
    You brought up partisan wars and I connected it to political. And those politically based wars tear and are currently are tearing this country apart. And due to this bs move by Russia in Ukraine you see us continue to divide further while nations that genuinely hate us are forming bonds.

When China makes its move and we are divided over this POS move, what is going to happen then? We are suddenly going to unify?

I made a far more bold statement prior. That was we should of torched and nuked them then as Patton would have preferred. There was no backlash to that statement, so I took it a step further and yes it “was off the cuff”.

That said, I grew up while McCarthyism and J Edgar Hoover looking for Russian spies, Russia is putting nukes in Cuba, we were doing duck and cover drills & a lot of folks including my family were kind of nervous.

BTW, Russia did back N. Korea & my father just served and lived through that, so there was some inherent hatred there.

To Samson or any other Russian in our forum, I mean you no harm nor disrespect, however if you dis our participation in it and try to split this country up, or if you continue to disrespect leadership with respect to this war, I’ll perk up & back the Stars and Stripes I have proudly inked on my forearm.

And oh yeah, Russia backed N Vietnam, and I was getting myself mentally prepped in middle school for possibly serving. Yup, some definite dislike & distrust due to my age.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

A tad crude ey?

That type of attitude & content really enables the Russian mind set
    And we’re never a tad crude to blacks or others on this forum? Ey? As I stated sarcastically in an earlier post, the USA have been bastions of human rights and overall goodness since we started Jamestown. If I were born in another country, I’d have a certain mindset about us as well, and rightfully so.

prox, u can spin this however but it is bullshit.

wtf are u talking about with race shit and other countries. own the shit, what u said was wrong about a fellow good member.

and u were never here for hey day, under any account u may have had.

and we are in different countries, ur in retarded ass California and im in America

Hey gents, let's calm this down, at least on the open mic; go to PM if you guys want to sling barbs, please.

I sense with foreboding, almostgone / Admin with their collective punishing fingers poised above the keyboard...

Let's police ourselves, and tone it down, please.

I hold both of you in high regard here on the forum, so I will ask you gentlemen to cease fire.

Thank you gents.
    wango likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I've been sitting on the sidelines watching and hoping this wasn't going to happen, but some people seem to desire to live in the past.

1) As far as racial shit, that shit was knocked down whenever it emerged. We've worked damn hard to make the lounge a tad more relaxed without being disrespectful to each other.

2) <Samson>, I'm sorry, man. I'm apologizing for that comment being posted. I know you're tough as cowhide, but there's no reason for comments like that.

3) Unfortunately,the thread will be temporarily locked until *Admin* looks it it over. It may or may not be reopened.

4) For anyone that enjoys dragging up the past and is feeling snarky, step away from the computer, go outside, take a break.
    lovbyts, XnavyHMCS, Booz and 2 others like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I've been sitting on the sidelines watching and hoping this wasn't going to happen, but some people seem to desire to live in the past.

1) As far as racial shit, that shit was knocked down whenever it emerged. We've worked damn hard to make the lounge a tad more relaxed without being disrespectful to each other.

2) <Samson>, I'm sorry, man. I'm apologizing for that comment being posted. I know you're tough as cowhide, but there's no reason for comments like that. <--- I am also very sorry for that comment. wasn't cool at all.

3) Unfortunately,the thread will be temporarily locked until *Admin* looks it over. It may or may not be reopened.

4) For anyone that enjoys dragging up the past and is feeling snarky, step away from the computer, go outside, take a break.

DITTO!!

This thread has caused enough issues and WILL NOT reopen... I am in disbelief at some comments....

Thank You, Almostgone for closing this mess!
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information