Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Prime explained before cycling..

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries

good stuff.

sweet post.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Recently ive had alot of questions and request to post some information regarding the prime before a cycle, hopefully this will give some insight into the process.

The prime is a very valuable tool to have for any cycle-
    This process creates a very anabolic environment so muscle tissue can grow at a fast rate when you start a cycle, there are plenty of ways this process can be done, When the prime is done correctly you will not believe how quickly the muscle gains come on straight from the start of any cycle,

In simple terms you simply diet down slowly, just like you do before a comp but alot more slowly,the main objective isnt to lose bf but to create this special environment alot of BB's who have done comps will understand this process and how much can be obtained at this special stage, Dorain was a big believer in this process and would be straight back into the gym after big shows taking advantage of this valuable stage.

I have tried many different ways with my own body to find out which one suits me better and i prefer to cycle my carbs 3 low 1 high, this will create a very anabolic environment for muscle tissue to grow, the muscle receptors get highly excitable and upgrade and able to accept more glucose and because glucose levels are not full in the muscle the result is more deposited into the muscle when you start the cycle and increase the food,this environment builds muscle tissue very quickly, if this is done correctly and timed right when you start the cycle, growth is amazing, i feel priming is a must when considering any cycle but it does work and is ideal towards short cycling.

With the carb prime rotation process i follow 3 days low carbs(40% less than normal) 1 day high (15% higher than normal) You must have a basic stable diet which you have ran for afew wks before doing such a process, i feel this isn't to harsh on your muscle tissue and the 1 high carb day offsets any potential metabolic slowdown, which is extremely usefull in laying down metabolic boosting muscle or at least saving it. if this process is not done right you will lose muscle tissue so carefull planning is needed to hold on to all the muscle gains and only fat loss and putting your body into the correct environment is achieved, when any kind of priming is done an increase in protein/aminos acids will help to maintain the current muscle tissue, also GH would benefit in helping this process, the high carb/low carb rotational prime diet also upgrades the receptors cites on muscle tissue for insulin , this changes the body's ability to store carbs as glycogen in muscle tissue rather than fat. The priming works far better if its done over a longer period of time, your after burning unwanted body fat and maintaining muscle tissue and a slow reduction in carbs towards the cycle start, will create an ideal environment for huge muscle gains. Also the last 5 days to the run up to the start of the cycle should be low carbs (40%).

Another way of priming is the slow reduction of carbs within your diet over 6-8 weeks or longer, make sure protein is increased in any of the priming methods so muscle loss is stopped or at least kept to a minimum, when ever the prime is done it creates an environment for muscle tissue to grow very quickly so when you do start your cycle all this coupled with a AAS and all the other compounds you use and the increase in food intake makes this an ideal environment for muscle tissue to grow and huge tissue gains are experienced.

The idea is to create an environment,and you simple take advantage of the condition and use it to spring board into a cycle, there are certain things what must be in place so you dont receive muscle tissue loss before the cycle but when its done correctly the gains are amazing, its a excellent tool to have on any cycle.I feel alot of newbies think that AAS is the whole key to building the perfect body but its not, its just one tool for the job there are many other things what come into play to help the process of building muscle and priming is one of them.

Marcus

Bigjerdog is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for sharing this. Very good information. Glad for this site and you guys. What a huge difference it makes

billyyb is offline Junior Member
    How long should you prime before starting a cycle? Is 6-8 weeks of carb cycling about right?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by billyyb View Post
    How long should you prime before starting a cycle? Is 6-8 weeks of carb cycling about right?
    Yes 6 -8 weeks is just fine,

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    one thing i was wondering about this marcus is do you replace the calories with protein or is the idea to consume less than your TDEE?

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    one thing i was wondering about this marcus is do you replace the calories with protein or is the idea to consume less than your TDEE?
    This process is worked of a maintenance diet whats been established for many weeks. Protein needs to be adjusted during low day carbs, an increase to compensate, the amount varies again this is something you need to work out individually, some just need to increase slightly and some need to fully compensated the calories, so long as the extra protein and amino's are added then you shouldn't be having any problems,

when you start to reduce carbs by 40% for 3-5 days the glycogen stores start to deplete and when muscle glycogen stores are lower a metabolic shift occurs where additional fat is used for fuel which in turn promotes fat loss so after you return back to 1 day high carb intake the extra carbs simply re-store muscles with glycogen, so as long as there is room for more glucose from carbs the carbs must be stored as glycogen, but with only one day higher carbs the store are not fully full so the next time you do 3-5 day lower carbs the stores get even more depleted which even triggers more fat loss but the high day carb is enough to stop the starvation response of the body so no metabolic shift to slow it down,

This overall procedure puts your body into a very anabolic environment for muscle tissue to grow couple this with a short burst cycle and growth is amazing, but i must stress the prime as to be done correctly to take full advantage

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    very interesting.. I will try to take advantage of this prior to my next cycle

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    very interesting.. I will try to take advantage of this prior to my next cycle
    Majority of the pro's use some form of priming, its an amazing tool for building some serious muscles/size if you complete it correctly.

billyyb is offline Junior Member
    cheers for the reply. Will deff do this before my first cycle, probs try and cut down to about 8% BF to avoid estrogen related side effects as much as possible too.

Sounds good

MAKAVELI The Don is offline New Member
    Can Clen be used during priming?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKAVELI The Don View Post
    Can Clen be used during priming?
    Yes it can be to help with remaining anabolic .

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Really good post and useful for me.

Rizdizzle is offline Junior Member
    Great post Marcus! I will be starting a cycle in May or June and was wondering about priming before cycle. Perfect timing lol

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    can priming be done for cutting also? or mainly for muscle gains?

The prime creates an environment for muscle tissue to grow fast if all the growth factors are in place, so normally your would prime to help you springboard yourself into a growth phase and not a cutting phase. The prime itself will cut you up and in many cases really strip you down so you wont need to cut after a prime because you will already be cut.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    thanks for the clarification makes sense now

J. Cole is offline Associate Member
    very interesting thank you marcus

ucf465 is offline Associate Member
    Is lyle mcdonalds ultimate diet 2.0 a good priming diet?

Quote Originally Posted by ucf465 View Post
    Is lyle mcdonalds ultimate diet 2.0 a good priming diet?
    A good priming diet is the version I posted or a similar carb cycling protocol which is suited to your needs ( creating an anabolic window) rather than a goal of fat loss

ucf465 is offline Associate Member
    ok im
    6'2"
    190lbs
    maintenance is about 2900-3000 cals, so assuming i do 50% carbs, 15% fats, and 35% protein, i would take in 217g carbs on low days and 417 on high days? 217g still seems kind of high to me. but i gues the goal isnt complete depletion, just the up down environment it creates right?

Quote Originally Posted by ucf465 View Post
    ok im
    6'2"
    190lbs
    maintenance is about 2900-3000 cals, so assuming i do 50% carbs, 15% fats, and 35% protein, i would take in 217g carbs on low days and 417 on high days? 217g still seems kind of high to me. but i gues the goal isnt complete depletion, just the up down environment it creates right?
    If you read this thread from the start you will understand how to implement a good priming diet

Fastkid81 is offline New Member
    Amazing... Like mozart

fabAB912 is offline New Member
    Alpha Lipoic Acid can be used to increase ur's muscles ability to hold more glucose.

beerdogg is offline Associate Member
    Great read! Bump

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bump

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    this is the sh*t if you havent tried it try it, also check out burst cycles they are f**king awsome especially for athletes and fighters

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    this is the sh*t if you havent tried it try it, also check out burst cycles they are f**king awsome especially for athletes and fighters

:-)
    I take it you like it?

Did you respond well

yeah its the only way i cycle now since you convinced me to try it a few years ago.

thought this needed a good bump i posted before and people thought i was joking about running a 4 week cycle.

Good to see your still around marcus

^^^^ oh yes I'm still here, abit older but still trying to hang out with the big boys

to the top

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    very interesting, interesting how many things I was doing right before I ever used AAS lol...
    Very informative. tks.

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    SO you basically start preparing for it only 4 days before starting cycle. ?
    do 3 days lower carbs and 1 day higher carbs
    then go back diet and cycle ?

No, the prime be at least 6-8 wks

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    No, the prime be at least 6-8 wks
    alright, thank you Marcus for the quick answer

check it

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Awesome post Marcus! I will have to utilize this. Makes perfect sense.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Marcus, I know you say 6-8 weeks but is there ANY point doing this for only 3 weeks do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Marcus, I know you say 6-8 weeks but is there ANY point doing this for only 3 weeks do you think?
    I always like to prime first time around for 6-8 weeks, this really sets up a great environment but after your first prime you can bring the weeks donw to around 3-4

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    BUMP! second time i read through this.. good stuff!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information