Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: lesnar vs fedor

LickAlotOfPuss is offline Junior Member
    Fedor would **** up Brocks little dream world he lives in. Fedor is the best pound for pound fight. Brock is big excellent wrestling.????..nothing else really going for him. Fedor would knock him senseless

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ftony View Post
    I Know,My point is there's only one fedor,there is potentially many Brock lesnars..265lb man, fight night maybe 275-280 with heavy hands, crushing guys with experience and skill..So big strong guys with heavy hands will beat heavily trained MMA professionals? Yes, he is a well established wrestler, but has not needeed to use nothing more than basic wrestiling skills to to ground and pound to DOMINATE this division...Im struggling with this idea...my Bad
    At a certain point, athletic ability, size and strength over come skill. That's why we have weight classes.

If you are owning everyone in your class....you move up, not down. Getting your ass kicked? Cut weight.

Skill wise....Fedor all the way.

But Brock is learning with each fight, and each week he trains he learns more. How many times have you seen fighters hold a arm around a guys neck and pound him with your off hand?

The sooner Fedor fights Brock, the better chance he has of winning.

As it is, Brock is not making stupid bull rushing moves anymore, he's being patient, feeling fighters out,and he's planning instead of fighting "beast" style like Bob Sapp.

Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    good post toatly agree
    Thanks!

Honestly I think MMA fans are some of the most ignorant fans in the world.

I hate the WWE crap too, it's so fake it's annoying.

But for some reason MMA fans think because the punches are real, all the beef and promoting the fights is real too.

Those guys are beefing, to promote a fight, then go back and sit and wait for dana to throw them a treat.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog65 View Post
    I think Carwin could give Brock a run for his money but overall i think Brock would be too much for Carwin. Im prty sure Carwin wrestled in College can anyone confirm that

I want to say yes, I do remember reading that he wrestled in college.

LickAlotOfPuss is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Thanks!

Honestly I think MMA fans are some of the most ignorant fans in the world.

I hate the WWE crap too, it's so fake it's annoying.

But for some reason MMA fans think because the punches are real, all the beef and promoting the fights is real too.

Those guys are beefing, to promote a fight, then go back and sit and wait for dana to throw them a treat.

No one cares, just watch the fights there awesome to watch.

bigdog65 is offline Junior Member
    ok i looked up some stats on Carwin and he did wrestle in Division 2, National Champ in 1999 in D2 and he was a 2 time All-American in football. (But Football has nothing to do with fighting jus found that interesting.)

So Brock and Cariwn were both National Champs Brock in Junior College and D1. Shane in D2 i think it would be a rlly good matchup. I still give Brock a slight advantage based on IF he would be able to control Carwin.

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't like brock.... He's such a damn tool. "I might get on top of my wife" LOL who says that in front of millions of people??

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Brock has to worry about possibly facing Carwin who is just as big with hands two glove sizes bigger than Brock, PLUS Carwin has some solid MMA, not just wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners04 View Post
    Yeah, Brock has to worry about possibly facing Carwin who is just as big with hands two glove sizes bigger than Brock, PLUS Carwin has some solid MMA, not just wrestling.

I know Brock messes around with Carwin it could be lights out. i honestly think it would come down to who had the better stand up both being National Champs in wrestling they might cancel each other out on the ground.

Anyone think this man stands a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by xnotoriousx View Post
    Anyone think this man stands a chance?

yea Cain i think stands a good chance to beat Carwin, I mean Cain beat Cheick Kongo who was considered one of the top heavyweights. i still think Carwin will beat Cain to go against Big OL Brock. Some good fights coming up soon.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Cain is tough and well rounded but in my mind cannot beat Carwin. Size and strength trumph techniqe and skill when it comes to Heavyweights.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    the difference between D1 and D2 is night and day. Make no mistake that Brock has the edge in wrestling

There is no way......Carwin will beat Lesnar. He was lucky to get past Napa.

Carwin has big hands, not that it matters....

grapejuice11 is offline Junior Member
    if hitler was still around lesnar would be his golden child haha

Man I was reading that lesner made over 3 million dollars and that's before his sponsor money... DAMN!!!!!!!

I was also reading that he didn't get a bonus like all of the other fight winners. I'm guessing that was for giving the finger to everyone? LOL

Oh i still think Brock would beat Carwin but it would be a tad more interesting of a fight then when Brock jus ground and pounded Frank Mir to death.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog65 View Post
    Oh i still think Brock would beat Carwin but it would be a tad more interesting of a fight then when Brock jus ground and pounded Frank Mir to death.
    Ya, I agree.

I don't think he would maul Carwin as easy. Carwin is a big guy, but Brock is bigger and just a lot more powerful, explosive and athletic.

Honestly, he caught Napa, beat him. But Napa made the mistake, he was too confident in that fight after getting him on the ground.

I think Napa would have a better chance Vs. Brock than Carwin. If Napa could improve his hands, he could be devastating. Like a lot of MT guys though, he keeps his hands too low. Some good boxing training, would make him a big contender in the HW class.

But Carwin's standup is probably better than Brocks, but it's not enough to win IMO. Brock can still put him where he wants him, Carwin can't keep it standing, if Brock is imposing take downs. Brock is the bigger, stronger, better wrestler, he trumps him on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Ya, I agree.

I don't think he would maul Carwin as easy. Carwin is a big guy, but Brock is bigger and just a lot more powerful, explosive and athletic.

Honestly, he caught Napa, beat him. But Napa made the mistake, he was too confident in that fight after getting him on the ground.

I think Napa would have a better chance Vs. Brock than Carwin. If Napa could improve his hands, he could be devastating. Like a lot of MT guys though, he keeps his hands too low. Some good boxing training, would make him a big contender in the HW class.

But Carwin's standup is probably better than Brocks, but it's not enough to win IMO. Brock can still put him where he wants him, Carwin can't keep it standing, if Brock is imposing take downs. Brock is the bigger, stronger, better wrestler, he trumps him on the ground.

i agree Carwin might have a better stand up but Brock will enforce his will and pound Carwin into Submission. I think we all want to see this Brock Fedor matchup.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    the difference between D1 and D2 is night and day. Make no mistake that Brock has the edge in wrestling
    Huge difference, The gophers(d1) would have rolled ndsu(d2) in wrestling when both were national champs, back in the day augsburg(sp) used to wrestle the gophers and the gophers sent out 3rd stringers and handily beat them. There are exceptions that a few great wrestlers wrestle d2 or d3 even i,e marcus levasuer but at the end of the day the difference is night and day between d1 and d2 talent levels.

lostcause is offline Junior Member
    it sucks to admitt it but i dont see how fedor beats brock. can anyone tell me? brock will out weigh him by 50lbs. randy couldnt stop his takedowns. frank couldnt submitt him. fedor beat, but wasnt impressive against mark coleman, an equally sized great wrestler and man choi, a really big unskilled guy. i hope that fedor beats him, but carwin is the better match up. heck, id think chuck would fare better against him than fedor.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No one has seen what Brocks jaw is like. Lets wait and see what happens when he cant get someone on the ground, lets see how he stands in a striking contest.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    who couldnt he take down? he was the best wrestler in the country at one time, and hes huge, dont see anyone stuffing his takedowns

southmadejd is offline Member
    I really hope Fedor beat Barnett because I think if he loses than that will take a lot of the mystique away from him fighting Brock. If Barnett gets Fedor down (which is a good possibility) I can't see Fedor submitting Barnett.

Maybe one of the more experienced fighters on the forum can explain something to me. Aren't Sambo fighters supposed to be very versed in takedowns and also takedown defense? I was just wondering if that was true because that would make me a feel a lot better about Fedor fighting wrestlers the caliber of Barnett and Lesnar.

i agree i don't think anyone can stop Brock's Take downs. But to see how composed Fedor is watch him fight Kevin Randlemen. Kevin pretty much slams Fedor on his head and Fedor still gets the submission on Kevin. and lets not forget at one time Kevin was a great fighter and wrestler. I still think we should see a Carwin Lesnar fight before Fedor steps in. We need to see how strong Brock's chin is.

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostcause View Post
    it sucks to admitt it but i dont see how fedor beats brock. can anyone tell me? brock will out weigh him by 50lbs. randy couldnt stop his takedowns. frank couldnt submitt him. fedor beat, but wasnt impressive against mark coleman, an equally sized great wrestler and man choi, a really big unskilled guy. i hope that fedor beats him, but carwin is the better match up. heck, id think chuck would fare better against him than fedor.
    Coleman was a better wrestler than what Brock ever was, in wrestling terms. What makes me think Fedor could take him is the way Randy being outweight by 50 pounds, still did pretty well... I even took brock down. Brock couldnt man handle 44 old man one year lay off Randy Couture... Mir was just an idiot, obviusly going to the ground and having Brock on top of you isnt the best Idea...

Quote Originally Posted by roid_rage View Post
    Coleman was a better wrestler than what Brock ever was, in wrestling terms. What makes me think Fedor could take him is the way Randy being outweight by 50 pounds, still did pretty well... I even took brock down. Brock couldnt man handle 44 old man one year lay off Randy Couture... Mir was just an idiot, obviusly going to the ground and having Brock on top of you isnt the best Idea...

YeA randy did great until one of Lesnars lunchbox hands hit Randy. and i think Frank figured being on his back sucked when he was getting pounded to deat. lol

organized_konfusion is offline Junior Member
    Im all about Brock, but if he had to face Fedor, I think he'd get slapped in a nice submission. If anyone has seen the Fedor vs Randelman fight fedor gets suplexed and dumped on his head, then like 5 sec. later fedor puts him in a kamura, that dude is PRIMO.

Tjohn6231 is offline Associate Member
    Bottom line....If Brock gets Fedor on the ground (and you know that he will), then the fight is over. Fedor would never be able to get Lesnar off of him. I was a fan of Lesnar in the WWE, and Im a fan of his in the UFC.
    Hes getting a bad rap, and some of it is his own fault, but that SOB can beat some ass. Fedor is awesome, but I would love to see the day when all of the Fedor guys get to watch Brock Lesnar beat the hell out of him.

organized_konfusion is offline Junior Member
    Well let's not jump to any conclusions just yet, Brock has to get past either carwin/cain, I think carwin is going to win, then he is going to have a tough challenge as well

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dana said it he wants Fedor in the ufc but Fedor says that the contract is ridiculous

I so want to see that fight.

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjohn6231 View Post
    Bottom line....If Brock gets Fedor on the ground (and you know that he will), then the fight is over. Fedor would never be able to get Lesnar off of him. I was a fan of Lesnar in the WWE, and Im a fan of his in the UFC.
    Hes getting a bad rap, and some of it is his own fault, but that SOB can beat some ass. Fedor is awesome, but I would love to see the day when all of the Fedor guys get to watch Brock Lesnar beat the hell out of him.
    and you should stick with WWE... fedor has the best hips in MMA, he is no frank mir off his back... Sure, it will be hard to get that monster off him, but if randy did it, so can fedor.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    Wow I'm surprised at all the Lesnar fans.. guess it makes sense on a BB forum where everyone thinks size is everything.. IT HELPS.. but Fedor is so much better in every department he'll destroy him. He's 30 and 1 his only loss due to a DQ from an illegal head butt... he's the man and nobody is gonna stop him.. just watch the fight then come back and re-read this.

gutshot13 is offline New Member
    no doubt about it Fedor all the way

I think some of you need to go to youtube and look at some of Fedor's fights. He is tough and proven, I can't believe that Lesnar is getting this much credit with 5 fights! I can't believe he was the under for the Mir card. Just because he is heavy and athletic don't make him unbeatable. So any pro defensive end could come in and own in the UFC because they are great athletes? I don't think so!

icepick27 is offline Member
    fedor is about the same size as rampage and is not as in shape he has a gut and no mucle tone ,he is way to small for brock ,if brock gets him on he ground he wont get up the only shot he has is catching him in a sub , or a lucky wild punch fedor was the best heavyweight and maybe p4p in the world about 5 years ago since then he has fought stiffs and side show freaks and a guy who is 3 weight clasess lower the him in the 5 fights brock just had he has fought better compitition the fedor has in 5 years brock is to big to strong,and thats it .shane carwin has the best chance of beating brock ,also i dont think fedor can beat carwin either just to big ,he should move down to 205 lbs while he has some juice left although i dont think he would beat machida either.. i love fedor i by no means think he is not good he is one of the best ever i just think over the years people got better and he stayed the same ...

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    fedor is about the same size as rampage and is not as in shape he has a gut and no mucle tone ,he is way to small for brock ,if brock gets him on he ground he wont get up the only shot he has is catching him in a sub , or a lucky wild punch fedor was the best heavyweight and maybe p4p in the world about 5 years ago since then he has fought stiffs and side show freaks and a guy who is 3 weight clasess lower the him in the 5 fights brock just had he has fought better compitition the fedor has in 5 years brock is to big to strong,and thats it .shane carwin has the best chance of beating brock ,also i dont think fedor can beat carwin either just to big ,he should move down to 205 lbs while he has some juice left although i dont think he would beat machida either.. i love fedor i by no means think he is not good he is one of the best ever i just think over the years people got better and he stayed the same ...
    Do you watch MMA? Did you see Fedor put Sylvia and Arlovski away like it was nothing.. he beat Tim in around 30 seconds and despite Arlovski's ever improving boxing and and speed he took one well placed right that put him away. I don't know what else you need to see but I will be revisiting this thread as soon as Fedor takes Brock out whether it be knock out, submission, or decision. He's a world class Sambo champion so don't expect anyone to be taking him down to easy and then don't forget how dangerous he is from his back. His build has nothing to do with his phenomenal technique and excellent conditioning. How this isn't obvious to everyone who's watched him in action, I don't know, but he's got me convinced. Not to mention the man is a genius and if anyone wants to argue for the side of Brock's intellect, by all means, feel free!

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    guys i like lesner, i like him because he seems to be a good guy... but don't let his win over mir go to everybodies head... fedor would probably destory lesner..

and everybody keeps talking about the size difference, what about the size difference lesner had over conture? and he stuggled with him.. true he did win, and it was a clear win. but its not like he ran over him, in fact was stuffed on his take downs more than once...

like i said i'm a lesner fan, but i'm also a fedor fan.. and i think people need to stop letting the MIR win go to their heads.. lesner might be molding himself into a great fighter, but he is not the best ever nor do i feel he is the clear best even in the UFC.. IMO though i really like him, at this point he hasn't fought anybody that makes me feel he is a clear talent.. not to take anything away from the people he has fought, but i do feel they were way past their prime.
    Last edited by quarry206; 07-19-2009 at 02:30 AM.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH View Post
    Do you watch MMA? Did you see Fedor put Sylvia and Arlovski away like it was nothing.. he beat Tim in around 30 seconds and despite Arlovski's ever improving boxing and and speed he took one well placed right that put him away. I don't know what else you need to see but I will be revisiting this thread as soon as Fedor takes Brock out whether it be knock out, submission, or decision. He's a world class Sambo champion so don't expect anyone to be taking him down to easy and then don't forget how dangerous he is from his back. His build has nothing to do with his phenomenal technique and excellent conditioning. How this isn't obvious to everyone who's watched him in action, I don't know, but he's got me convinced. Not to mention the man is a genius and if anyone wants to argue for the side of Brock's intellect, by all means, feel free!
    Agree with this 100% Having wrestled greco, freestyle, and sambo when I was younger the one thing you learn REAL fast is that a persons physical appearance is not an accurate indicator of ability. Some of my toughest matches were against people who looked 'soft'. It's strange. They look like a little dough boy but that work to their advantage. They were capable of delivering those fast, jerky movements with precise timing. You cannot muscle a skilled fighter, you'll gass. Been there done that. From my experiences I believe its the ability to delivery extremely fast well timed movements in a jerky (not slow) manner. Thats Fedor to a T.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I also think some of you are giving Lesnar way too much credit. I for one want to see how Lesnars chin holds up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information