Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 40 times

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    the workout looks good bro. the volume is low so thats straight.

i would expect them to do very well. hopefully the field is fast and weather conditions are in check. if that happens then they definatel should be in the 4.4 range. that 10 and 20 is amazing so if he can knock that off on his runs he would hit a 4.38 or so. but i am sure u ran the 10s then 20s and then did the 40s that could have been the reason for 4.54 and if u didnt then u could say its bc he wasnt warm as well.

that jump is very good. lets put it in terms of this i can box jump to a box that comes to a lil under my nipplesand i have a 38" inch vert. so that is only about 50 inches or so. i would expect him with that much explosiveness to hit a 41-42.

i am just hoping that the weather is good for ur guys and that they are ready for scout camps ****ed up way of running shit.

hey i cant remember what did you u do the week of for your bp i cant remember?

yes you are right we did 8x10/3x20/4x40 so that could have been the reason why. NOW ABOUT THAT THAT JUMP I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT - LOL HE DID A 58-60 BOX JUMP WITH NO STEP JUST STR UP BUT I REALLY DONT THINK HE WILL JUMP 40 BC WHEN WE WHERE DOING VJ EVERY WEEK HE WAS BARELY GETTING 35. but hey i hope he does get 40 or shit even 38. thats weird how he can box jump high but cant vj high.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    hey i cant remember what did you u do the week of for your bp i cant remember?

yes you are right we did 8x10/3x20/4x40 so that could have been the reason why. NOW ABOUT THAT THAT JUMP I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT - LOL HE DID A 58-60 BOX JUMP WITH NO STEP JUST STR UP BUT I REALLY DONT THINK HE WILL JUMP 40 BC WHEN WE WHERE DOING VJ EVERY WEEK HE WAS BARELY GETTING 35. but hey i hope he does get 40 or shit even 38. thats weird how he can box jump high but cant vj high.
    i did
    x5
    x3
    x2
    x2
    x1
    x1
    if i remember correctly. i dont think i benched on wed.

well the box jump that high is all about getting ur hips under you and getting your knees up. so its alot different. but to get that high means u have to have some power in ur legs.

i did
    x5
    x3
    x2
    x2
    x1
    x1
    if i remember correctly. i dont think i benched on wed.

well the box jump that high is all about getting ur hips under you and getting your knees up. so its alot different. but to get that high means u have to have some power in ur legs.

now ur talking durin high box jumps like that hip flex plays a major role.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    now ur talking durin high box jumps like that hip flex plays a major role.
    yea well u have to be able to get ur hips under u and get ur knees. bc its almost like when u hang clean and u want to **** the air. thats how i start so my pelvis goes forward. then i spring up and knees come high and i bring my hips under me to catch on the box and then i straighten out.

i think our next two speed workouts im gonna do some 50-60 is that smart or what:

Week 8
    Thur: 340
    Speed mobilty warmup: see sheet
    10x10
    4x60
    shuttles tech

Week 9: week of
    Mon: 240
    4x10
    4x50
    2xshuttles

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i think our next two speed workouts im gonna do some 50-60 is that smart or what:

Week 8
    Thur: 340
    10x10
    4x60
    shuttles tech

Week 9: week of
    Mon: 240
    4x10
    4x50
    2xshuttles
    yea not a bad idea. working above then the 40 yard and can help that one guy with some top end eventhough its too close to change or kinda gain anything. but i would say its not a bad idea.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    here is a part of a vid of a guy doing a high box jump. its about 10 secs in so u dont have to let it load a long time but there is also a ton of olympic lifts. pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0GG...arch=rezazadeh

here is a part of a vid of a guy doing a high box jump. its about 10 secs in so u dont have to let it load a long time but there is also a ton of olympic lifts. pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0GG...arch=rezazadeh

that shit is sweet!

JJEB2 is offline Member
    that shit is sweet!
    yea i cant wait to start lifting like this again. front squats, cleans and snatches. its amzing how strong some of these guys are.

hows training going??

JJEB2 is offline Member
    hows training going??
    today was another shit day. my starts were pitiful. i didnt feel the same one bit. drilsl went ok. did plyos tonight. my bj best is 9'4 which is ****in garbage and i have the form as well

today was another shit day. my starts were pitiful. i didnt feel the same one bit. drilsl went ok. did plyos tonight. my bj best is 9'4 which is ****in garbage and i have the form as well

whats going on?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    whats going on?
    i couldnt tell ya. maybe my body is starting to die out bc of the months straight i have been going without any rest. my legs are extremely sore today which is odd since all i did yesterday was drills and run and some plyos.

i couldnt tell ya. maybe my body is starting to die out bc of the months straight i have been going without any rest. my legs are extremely sore today which is odd since all i did yesterday was drills and run and some plyos.

could be it, thats why i wish u would have did the m-w-f plan bc the weights are not as important bc u only had a small window to train 3-4 weeks.

mon: speed/drills
    hs
    speed squats
    bp
    2-3 aux lifts

wed: speed/drills
    hc
    single leg squats
    bp
    2-3 aux lifts

fri: speed/drills
    hs
    bsq
    bp
    2-3 aux lifts

wrost speed workout ever.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    wrost speed workout ever.
    are they tired

are they tired

we normally dont time our second speed day but we did today, it was also windy and we lifted this morning first then ran later in the day its been really hard for us to get accurate times since it has been windy every since we have gone outside.

our lift

Thur:
    hang cleans 6x50 4x65 5x2x75
    speed snatch 4x3x50
    spilt jerk 4x3x60
    jump squat reset 4x5x30
    depth jumps 6x4x18in
    speed squats/bjx1 5x3x45
    1 leg calf raises 2x12
    sdl 3x10
    core

speed:
    5x10 fast times
    2x40 4.66 was the best
    2x50 didnt time
    2x60 didnt time
    1x40 4.66

JJEB2 is offline Member
    hmmm. i wouldnt have lifted first bc they say the thing you most need to work on should come first. the wind def is taken into effect. all i can say is that the lifting probably had a major cause to this

hmmm. i wouldnt have lifted first bc they say the thing you most need to work on should come first. the wind def is taken into effect. all i can say is that the lifting probably had a major cause to this

when u r a coach and working with athletes that have many other issues u cant always do the ideal, i really hate during speed work early in the morning bc the cns is still sleep and dont perform as well - so i thought since our lift wasnt as heavy we could get away with it and we also had a long break we got done lifting at 1030 then ran at 430. im really not worry but i just want my atheltes to feel positive at this point.
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-01-2006 at 09:44 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    when u r a coach and working with athletes that have many other issues u cant always do the ideal, i really hate during speed work early in the morning bc the cns is still sleep and dont perform as well - so i thought since our lift wasnt as heavy we could get away with it and we also had a long break we got done lifting at 1030 then ran at 430. im really worry but i just want my atheltes to feel positive at this week.
    yea questions oneself at this point is the worst. but just reassure them that the reasonw as bc of the wind and shit like that and they will do fine.

yea questions oneself at this point is the worst. but just reassure them that the reasonw as bc of the wind and shit like that and they will do fine.

yep, we have our last 225 bp workout tomm morning so we see how that go, one of my guys havent sign up and hes waiting to see how things go tomm and mon.

hey i cant find the post where u list what u did the week of?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    hey i cant find the post where u list what u did the week of?
    i dont think i made a completely post but just made light. but as far as i can remember i did this

monday speed workout: starts, 20, 30, 40
    ME bench- 90-95%x2x2
    PP- light light 135
    pull ups

tues-nothing

wed- warm up
    anyweher from 6-10 starts

thurs-massage

fri- rest

sat-rest

it was like this from what i remembre of the week.

oic, how did you feel sun morning since u had three days off (good,rusty etc)

JJEB2 is offline Member
    oic, how did you feel sun morning since u had three days off (good,rusty etc)
    i felt alright. nothing spectacular. i was fairly tight for some reason. i stretch the night before. but i felt alright. i slept 8 and a half hrs but woke up at 7 am.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also i think that tues i did plyos bc i remember u were saying i was supposed to stop 2 weeks out

kool this week should be interesting. im still waiting for one of my guys to make his decision.

also i think that tues i did plyos bc i remember u were saying i was supposed to stop 2 weeks out

yeh i think i remember you saying u did do something on tue.

could all this tightness be a sign of over-training,im not sure just asking

JJEB2 is offline Member
    could all this tightness be a sign of over-training,im not sure just asking
    i just think how it is for me. i am just always tight. i am flexible but if i am not warm my body is very tight but when i warm the muscles i am not tight but it almost feels like my muscles arent fully strong. its very hard to explain.

it could be that i was overtraining but i usually run with low vol as is and lift with low volume as well. but just the extent of my training peroid. i usually take a week off every 2 months or so just to rest and recoop

i just think how it is for me. i am just always tight. i am flexible but if i am not warm my body is very tight but when i warm the muscles i am not tight but it almost feels like my muscles arent fully strong. its very hard to explain.

it could be that i was overtraining but i usually run with low vol as is and lift with low volume as well. but just the extent of my training peroid. i usually take a week off every 2 months or so just to rest and recoop
    kool- goodluck wit that. less then a week now the weather suppose to be 95/14mph wind from sse
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-04-2006 at 07:46 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    kool- goodluck wit that. less then a week now the weather suppose to be 95/14mph wind from sse
    how does the field run? would it be hitting from side or front or back?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    with the three cone why do you switch ur stance? also do u teach to turn when you touch the starting line again? i have seen that done before. any other tips?

with the three cone why do you switch ur stance? also do u teach to turn when you touch the starting line again? i have seen that done before. any other tips?

3steps spider/2steps spiders/2steps plant etc

change stance to help with ur steps

at ur last combine did you have any scouts there, bc my boy went to the balt combine after going to ill and the weather was ****ed up and he said the ravens made him run the 40 again.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    at ur last combine did you have any scouts there, bc my boy went to the balt combine after going to ill and the weather was ****ed up and he said the ravens made him run the 40 again.
    nah not that i knew of. there were some guys on the outside of the fence but most were semi pro guys. there were the coachs who helped but i have no idea if they were with a team or what.

lol- my guys are getting slower each week

JJEB2 is offline Member
    lol- my guys are getting slower each week
    **** man. lower the volume alot bro. def what i would do. i am in the same boat. what u think if i stop doing speed workouts the rest of this week and all of next week? just warm up and stretch

JJEB2 is offline Member
    they have to be burnt. do u check what there diets consist of aand their sleeping patterns?

**** man. lower the volume alot bro. def what i would do. i am in the same boat. what u think if i stop doing speed workouts the rest of this week and all of next week? just warm up and stretch

nope i wouldnt, all of my guys call and wanted to be time again so we bought them back in at 345pm done a short 10min warmup and they all ran 4.4's this time. i really think its the field and wind our field is very soft.
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-05-2006 at 04:59 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information