Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 times

JJEB2 is offline Member

40 times

ok say you are getting hand timed and you have some outliers. technically how do you really find where you are at. as i have said in other threads i am fastest at my 2nd and 3rd with my 3rd being the fastest and then i drop off with the proper rest. my times are all over the place and i even had a second hand timing for accuracy.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    anyone? this is really getting to me bc my times from my first two my second are .24 or so off, second to third was .04 off, third to fourth was .17 or so off and 4th and fifth were only .02 off. very inconsistent

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    i would try and help but i really dont know what u r asking, explain?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    ok i am not even gonan tell u the times haha bc i will get bashed for them not bc they are bad but bc a few are very very good. mind u on a track tho.

my times are all over the place. they range in .2 tenths of a scond. i did 5 40 yard dashes today and that was all. my first one was my worst and the slowest. form was bad, my start was bad. second one i was fast but not my fastest and they were different by .17 or so. my 3rd time which is always my best time in anything i run was .04 lower than that time which is a remarkable time for an ILB. then the track coach came by and started to talk to me and it was like 8-10 mins before i ran again and my legs were kinda cold but i tried to warm them up. my time was .2 off from the third on. then my last one was about the same as the 4th one but i could feel my heels actually hitting the ground on the touch which is a big no no. basically what i am trying to say is both the timers were accurate and close to each other so my intial timer who timed was around were i really was on hand time.

but would u say its more my lack of speed endurance or more human error?

Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    ok i am not even gonan tell u the times haha bc i will get bashed for them not bc they are bad but bc a few are very very good. mind u on a track tho.

my times are all over the place. they range in .2 tenths of a scond. i did 5 40 yard dashes today and that was all. my first one was my worst and the slowest. form was bad, my start was bad. second one i was fast but not my fastest and they were different by .17 or so. my 3rd time which is always my best time in anything i run was .04 lower than that time which is a remarkable time for an ILB. then the track coach came by and started to talk to me and it was like 8-10 mins before i ran again and my legs were kinda cold but i tried to warm them up. my time was .2 off from the third on. then my last one was about the same as the 4th one but i could feel my heels actually hitting the ground on the touch which is a big no no. basically what i am trying to say is both the timers were accurate and close to each other so my intial timer who timed was around were i really was on hand time.

but would u say its more my lack of speed endurance or more human error?

speed endurance plays no role in 40yd training esp if ur taking enough rest btw runs, if anything u need to warmup longer so that 1 and second are ur fastest. ALSO REMEMBER THIS IS FRI LAST TRAINING DAY SO EVERY REP WONT GO AS PLAN, JUST TAKE UR FASTEST TODAY AND COMPARE IT WITH THE UPCOMINE TIMES. hope this helps.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    speed endurance plays no role in 40yd training esp if ur taking enough rest btw runs, if anything u need to warmup longer so that 1 and second are ur fastest. ALSO REMEMBER THIS IS FRI LAST TRAINING DAY SO EVERY REP WONT GO AS PLAN, JUST TAKE UR FASTEST TODAY AND COMPARE IT WITH THE UPCOMINE TIMES. hope this helps.
    my bad i meant with endurance of my legs. because my form in the first, fourth and fifth were horrible. i can almost feel how mush slower i was. but yea i will take that time any day of the week hahah.

my bad i meant with endurance of my legs. because my form in the first, fourth and fifth were horrible. i can almost feel how mush slower i was. but yea i will take that time any day of the week hahah.

NOT AT ALL, YOU PROBABLY JUST HAD A HARD TRAINING WEEK, THAT WHY I LIKE DURING SPEED EARLY IN THE WEEK:

FOR EXAMPLE:

MON SPEED
    TUE REST
    WED: SPEED
    THUR: REST
    FRI: SPEED

OR

MON: SPEED
    TUE; REST
    WED: REST
    THUR SPEED
    FRI: REST

JJEB2 is offline Member
    NOT AT ALL, YOU PROBABLY JUST HAD A HARD TRAINING WEEK, THAT WHY I LIKE DURING SPEED EARLY IN THE WEEK:

FOR EXAMPLE:

MON SPEED
    TUE REST
    WED: SPEED
    THUR: REST
    FRI: SPEED

OR

MON: SPEED
    TUE; REST
    WED: REST
    THUR SPEED
    FRI: REST
    to be honest i took since monday off as far as running bc of weather permitting up here and i dont have acess to the dome anymore. i do the same as u guys as far as my speed days and such. it just happens so frequently where my numbers drop off and i feel my body not going as fast.

to be honest i took since monday off as far as running bc of weather permitting up here and i dont have acess to the dome anymore. i do the same as u guys as far as my speed days and such. it just happens so frequently where my numbers drop off and i feel my body not going as fast.

if thats the case decreased ur vol.. lil tip dont say im going to run 5x40, just say i have 40's today and keep going until you drop off then stop - it may 2 or 12 who knows.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if thats the case decreased ur vol.. lil tip dont say im going to run 5x40, just say i have 40's today and keep going until you drop off then stop - it may 2 or 12 who knows.
    yea i read that and thats really how i train but i was so obsessed with the times i kept going. but i talked to the track coach and he said u know ur body better than anyopne so i would do ur warm up and then do a 40 on ur own so u hit ur bests at 2 and 3 like u usually do. so thats the plan of attack.

did u ever call them

JJEB2 is offline Member
    did u ever call them
    nah i kind of already know the answer to the question. they are gonna do some stupid ****in warm up. i am gonna try to make due and do my own shit. i could careless what they think of me. its my testing.

nah i kind of already know the answer to the question. they are gonna do some stupid ****in warm up. i am gonna try to make due and do my own shit. i could careless what they think of me. its my testing.

just remember whos timing you, but i agree my wanted to do there warmup last yr but they only had 10min to warmup -lol.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    just remember whos timing you, but i agree my wanted to do there warmup last yr but they only had 10min to warmup -lol.
    true. i think i am gonna ask them to play however do you want it from the belly soundtrack over the loud speakers when i run my 40s.

lol. bring some headphones.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    lol. bring some headphones.
    hahah yea i am already customzing the ipod with some shit on it.

what you think about this, i have a guy who cant make it to our tempo run sessions but he has a stair stepper at home do you think that would be a good sub for tempos.

check out his stance, this is how i try and teach my guys front foot should be bout 1shoe length back, most coaches tell you to get close to the WRONG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 40 times-pl_346849.jpg  

JJEB2 is offline Member
    what you think about this, i have a guy who cant make it to our tempo run sessions but he has a stair stepper at home do you think that would be a good sub for tempos.
    see my own mistake i made this whole 2 and a half month process is not doing the tempos bc i was too sore to do anything. i have made great strives on my 40 so i would say that any work to help rehab the muscles back would be fine. its more of a recovery workout then anything.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    anything is better than nothing.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    check out his stance, this is how i try and teach my guys front foot should be bout 1shoe length back, most coaches tell you to get close to the WRONG.
    yea i get about 10-12 inches back and my back leg is in the same generally area. same knee bend as well. i saw a few dbs that had their legs straight and i have tried that and it just got no spring or drive out. rewatch his video and look at his first stp and the bend of his knees and then his drive off that foot. when i ran my fastest times yesterday i tried to concentrate that.

yea i get about 10-12 inches back and my back leg is in the same generally area. same knee bend as well. i saw a few dbs that had their legs straight and i have tried that and it just got no spring or drive out. rewatch his video and look at his first stp and the bend of his knees and then his drive off that foot. when i ran my fastest times yesterday i tried to concentrate that.

dont get it - what did you concentrate on yesterday.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if u go back and watch reggie's first step out, look at how he pushes off with his quick leg. he comes out low and he drives off that foot. before i was just touching with the foot and off with no power. my fast few weeks i have been focusing on driving out bc its on movement and i dont want a rolling start.

if u go back and watch reggie's first step out, look at how he pushes off with his quick leg. he comes out low and he drives off that foot. before i was just touching with the foot and off with no power. my fast few weeks i have been focusing on driving out bc its on movement and i dont want a rolling start.

i agree: nice read:

With the sprint starts they do require practice. Get in the right position. Lead foot 1.5 to 2 foot lengths behind the start line. Back foot one foot length behind the lead foot. Get in position and practice. Make sure you're pushing from both legs, extending fully from the start and not taking short choppy steps. In fact it often helps if you concentrate on pushing first with the trail leg. Make sure your heals aren't hitting first. If they are you're over-striding.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i agree: nice read:

With the sprint starts they do require practice. Get in the right position. Lead foot 1.5 to 2 foot lengths behind the start line. Back foot one foot length behind the lead foot. Get in position and practice. Make sure you're pushing from both legs, extending fully from the start and not taking short choppy steps. In fact it often helps if you concentrate on pushing first with the trail leg. Make sure your heals aren't hitting first. If they are you're over-striding.
    yea cant get any better of advice then right there. i have made my start very fast by practice.

yea cant get any better of advice then right there. i have made my start very fast by practice.
    question for you, how do you push off the back leg without leaning back bc as you know you want a good forward and sometimes that forward lean take pressure off the back leg?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    question for you, how do you push off the back leg without leaning back bc as you know you want a good forward and sometimes that forward lean take pressure off the back leg?
    my initial push is off my front/strong leg. my quick leg come accross and i keep a low center. i head is still down at this point. my knees are bent. right leg is forward and left hand is up from a good arm swing. then i am so low that i push off my quick leg and arm switch and leg switch. these steps are staggered and then i start to bring my form in. after 10 my head comes up.

my initial push is off my front/strong leg. my quick leg come accross and i keep a low center. i head is still down at this point. my knees are bent. right leg is forward and left hand is up from a good arm swing. then i am so low that i push off my quick leg and arm switch and leg switch. these steps are staggered and then i start to bring my form in. after 10 my head comes up.

so if your initial push is off ur front leg then u r not pushing off of both legs?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so if your initial push is off ur front leg then u r not pushing off of both legs?
    from natural instincts yes i am pushing off with that back foot bc i line it up right at the heel of my first foot bc it is more comfortable. if it is too far out i dont get as explosive. i try to lean so far forward that my front leg pushes the most.

from natural instincts yes i am pushing off with that back foot bc i line it up right at the heel of my first foot bc it is more comfortable. if it is too far out i dont get as explosive. i try to lean so far forward that my front leg pushes the most.

i probably wouldnt do that, but if u feel comfortable with. back foot line up right at the of my foot foot.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i probably wouldnt do that, but if u feel comfortable with. back foot line up right at the of my foot foot.
    see if i get to far back it hinders my first stride and then i dont get as much push. i have played around with my stance alot and this seems to give me the best times and is what i am alot more comfortable with as u said

see if i get to far back it hinders my first stride and then i dont get as much push. i have played around with my stance alot and this seems to give me the best times and is what i am alot more comfortable with as u said

by no means u want that back leg str. http://www.youngchamps.com/40articles.html

download it and look at the guys back leg NONO

JJEB2 is offline Member
    by no means u want that back leg str. http://www.youngchamps.com/40articles.html

download it and look at the guys back leg NONO
    oh yea that ****in guy is a nitwit hahah. worst stance i have ever seen in my life. i think u could go to the special olypics and see better stances than that

oh yea that ****in guy is a nitwit hahah. worst stance i have ever seen in my life. i think u could go to the special olypics and see better stances than that
    there were some guys at the combine similar to him

JJEB2 is offline Member
    there were some guys at the combine similar to him
    it just makes me wonder how they get invited to the biggest stage in college football and they dont know whats going on. i know if i was invited i would be at parisi or in arizona training thats for damn sure. no matter how much money or even if i wasnt expected to get drafted. make me a free agent

seeeker is offline New Member

hello

hello.i hav made some podts.but i dont get reply.somebody tell.where ishould post.and where i get response?thanks

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seeeker
    hello.i hav made some podts.but i dont get reply.somebody tell.where ishould post.and where i get response?thanks
    depends on what u want to ask

do u know how to post video on here bc they say the file is too large.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    do u know how to post video on here bc they say the file is too large.
    nah i dont. no idea. i amnot the most computer literate person

JJEB2 is offline Member
    u may be able to post it on rapidshare and then put the link up and we will just have to dl it ourselves

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread Information