Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 times

JJEB2 is offline Member
    off topic but i did heavy bp and aux on monday and today is my bp rep day. my tris are still sore. you think i should lift considering i have one week left and one heavy day left on wed or thurs of next week?

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    off topic but i did heavy bp and aux on monday and today is my bp rep day. my tris are still sore. you think i should lift considering i have one week left and one heavy day left on wed or thurs of next week?

wrong person to ask, knowing i would lol

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    wrong person to ask, knowing i would lol
    yea i think its a go. bc i dont want to have to do legs and bp on teh same day.

Transition Transition, Thats It

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Transition Transition, Thats It
    enlighten me a little more? i am kinda confused with where you are going with this.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    by the way brad hit me back here is his response to my email.

Thank you for your email.

You can wear track shoes only they can not have the spikes in them. We do
    work you out in a static warm-up as a group. However, you should have time
    to warm up if you get to the combine early enough. I hope this helps. If
    you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

Thank you and good luck.

by the way brad hit me back here is his response to my email.

Thank you for your email.

You can wear track shoes only they can not have the spikes in them. We do
    work you out in a static warm-up as a group. However, you should have time
    to warm up if you get to the combine early enough. I hope this helps. If
    you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

Thank you and good luck.

thats what i thought, i remember last yr that they wouldnt let you into the gates until the first combine was done. you also couldnt get on the field either. should have ask him about bringing small track shoes bag onto the field so you can all the shoes u need on the field.

like this: http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...&zone=1&grid=9

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well in the letter they sent they said bring shoes for all surfaces so i assume they will let you bring something onto the field. i do have the small nike book bag with just the drawstrings that can hold only two pairs maybe three pairs of shoes.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so todays workout i went to the town over to use the track and the field turf.

i felt like shit in the beginning and my legs were sore and i just couldnt get warm. i took the spikes out of my track spikes. these are a cheap pair of shit spikes with a 6 pin design and extremely flexible. they honestly werent that bad as far as traction but i am still going to purchase another pair. the field was water logged but still had very good traction on it except when i did my SS.

my 10s felt good after the first too which felt out of whack. i started to get warm and finished up my starts. not thinking i started to do 20s which today isnt my 20, 30 day so i did 2 like a moron. switched over to fly 20s with a 20 acc zone. ended up doing 5.

i have been analyzing my running style and my head comes up at about 12-15 but i do continue to lean because i get more drive then when i am straight up. then when i hit 25-30 i start to stride it out so i may be a power sprinter more than i knew. in doing my flies i noticed that when i stride i dont get the same drive that i do as comming out of the blocks and acc. i get that lean and drive back with the balls of my feet and then come upright at about 25 yards and i am already going so fast that i might get a little faster.

i didnt have a timer today but i wish i had bc after i got warm i felt pretty good.

well in the letter they sent they said bring shoes for all surfaces so i assume they will let you bring something onto the field. i do have the small nike book bag with just the drawstrings that can hold only two pairs maybe three pairs of shoes.

last yr no bags on field and you wasnt able to go back into the stands

JJEB2 is offline Member
    buckeye when u get a chance go here.

http://www.combines.com/sample_opd/p...r.asp?num=105#

this is a streaming video froma combine. i had his 40 somewhere in the 4.5 range and his shuttles at a 3.9 and a 4.0. he looks faster then a high 4.5 tho. check and see what u get

buckeye when u get a chance go here.

http://www.combines.com/sample_opd/p...r.asp?num=105#

this is a streaming video froma combine. i had his 40 somewhere in the 4.5 range and his shuttles at a 3.9 and a 4.0. he looks faster then a high 4.5 tho. check and see what u get

i timed his 40 many time and got 4.56 almost all times. shuttles 4.06/4.19. he look fast bc hes more turnover, not much length for tall guy.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i timed his 40 many time and got 4.56 almost all times. shuttles 4.06/4.19. he look fast bc hes more turnover, not much length for tall guy.
    yea that is true.

my friend attended the northern ill combine it rain the whole time his 40yd dash was ok but shuttle he slip both times.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    my friend attended the northern ill combine it rain the whole time his 40yd dash was ok but shuttle he slip both times.
    did he snap? whats the deal if rarely anyone makes the elite combine due to the weather?

did he snap? whats the deal if rarely anyone makes the elite combine due to the weather?
    heis gonna try and go to dallas

JJEB2 is offline Member
    heis gonna try and go to dallas
    so they didnt grant anyone a pass to indy if they were close? thats ****in bullshit bc of thw eather. care to explain a little more so i can clear this up.

so they didnt grant anyone a pass to indy if they were close? thats ****in bullshit bc of thw eather. care to explain a little more so i can clear this up.

hell no, if you are short oh well, the guy told my friend he was the number one wr and they would post on his profile that it was bad weather. but thats it

JJEB2 is offline Member
    that ****in sucks man. i feel bad for the dude. i hope he gives it another shot and gets in.

how close was he?

also check out the weather report for the week prior and day of for my combine location.
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...ink_undeclared

idk if i should just go to atl or dallas and get a few more weeks of training in me and not risk against the weather.

that ****in sucks man. i feel bad for the dude. i hope he gives it another shot and gets in.

how close was he?

also check out the weather report for the week prior and day of for my combine location.
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...ink_undeclared

idk if i should just go to atl or dallas and get a few more weeks of training in me and not risk against the weather.
    if u have the funds i would go to dallas or atl the surf is better also.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if u have the funds i would go to dallas or atl the surf is better also.
    true

do ur boys have agents?

true

do ur boys have agents?

no-not at all.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    no-not at all.
    true. obviously same here but an old coach has a contact and i told him to hold off bc i wanted to do the first combine so i didnt ****in blow it and then look like a dick.

true. obviously same here but an old coach has a contact and i told him to hold off bc i wanted to do the first combine so i didnt ****in blow it and then look like a dick.
    if u not a top prospect no need for agent, for what

JJEB2 is offline Member
    if u not a top prospect no need for agent, for what
    idk my coach just brought it up for some sort of representation. i just told him to hold off bc it wasnt needed but when i get the best scores in NJ and off to indy then i will see what the deal is.

idk my coach just brought it up for some sort of representation. i just told him to hold off bc it wasnt needed but when i get the best scores in NJ and off to indy then i will see what the deal is.

what level u play at div 1 2 3

JJEB2 is offline Member
    d1aa. wasnt fast enough comming out of school, lived in mass so exposure is garbage, they said my pass drops were non existant, and tackling was par. first year i made great gains in my football not to mention i had 120 tackles my junior year before i got hurt my senior year. only two d1 schools that even gave a look were UCONN and Iowa.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    its hard to explain to someone who really hasnt seen u play but i always had insticts and toughness just never the attributes. just i should have been playing at a D1 school without a doubt in my mind. past few years i have made great gains in strength, speed, quickness and overall bodt maturity.

its hard to explain to someone who really hasnt seen u play but i always had insticts and toughness just never the attributes. just i should have been playing at a D1 school without a doubt in my mind. past few years i have made great gains in strength, speed, quickness and overall bodt maturity.

as you guys know the last past week i have been playing with diff setups to help one of my clients improve his top speed for the 40yd , this is what i came up with and will follow for the next 3-4 weeks.

mon:
    warmup
    starts 10-20yds
    flying 20 with 30 acc zone
    regular sprint 50-60

thur:
    warmup
    40's
    20-20-20 sprint-float-sprint

if you guys have any comments or questions plz ask?

also guys any of you guys can ask or make comments!

workout today:

8x10
    4x20
    5x40 fastest 40yd was 4.47
    4xshuttles fastest shuttle was 3.96

jjeb what did you do u today and how was ur last speed workout

JJEB2 is offline Member
    jjeb what did you do u today and how was ur last speed workout
    it poured all day so i may have to bump it to today and then thurs do warm up and light bench on thurs as well.

i did heavy bench yesterday, som push press low weight-low reps very fast, and some plyos. few depth jumps and squat jumps and some lateral jumps.

it poured all day so i may have to bump it to today and then thurs do warm up and light bench on thurs as well.

i did heavy bench yesterday, som push press low weight-low reps very fast, and some plyos. few depth jumps and squat jumps and some lateral jumps.

depth jumps the week of, wow all high intensity jumps should be stop 1-2weeks.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    4 days out.

today i went and did a shorter warm up then did 7 starts to wear in my new spikes.

i got these.
    http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...095011&sport=0

aggressive plate and still fairly light. a power sprint spike is alot different from the ones i was using. took a few starts to get used to but after some going it started to work itself out. i didnt feel to warm but i felt loose.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also monday i went up on my bench for reps so i am getting stronger so hopefully added a few reps onto what i already was around.

the next few days is relaxing, eatting, stretching and possibly a massage tommorow.

also monday i went up on my bench for reps so i am getting stronger so hopefully added a few reps onto what i already was around.

the next few days is relaxing, eatting, stretching and possibly a massage tommorow.

did you do heavy squats the last 2 weeks

JJEB2 is offline Member
    did you do heavy squats the last 2 weeks
    nah did deads with only 495 last saturday for 2 reps which was easy

nah did deads with only 495 last saturday for 2 reps which was easy

thats all u been during for ur lower body? why dl

JJEB2 is offline Member
    thats all u been during for ur lower body? why dl
    just following the lower u hit me with. i did speed squats as well off a parrell box with 225 for 8x3 which were the most explosive i have ever done. i really cant remember what else i did that day. hold on let me check the template and see if i followed it all the way.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information