Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 times

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    yea that def has alot of an effect on a time. i know if i am not warm my times are horrible and my form is horrible. people really dont understand the importance of being wamr. not meaning your guy but just in general. he has a few weeks to really hit it hard and the two weeks before if i remember correctly his vol is at 400 so he will improve and peak for sure. i would say he will hit 4.41 maybe lower.

what ya think? is this the wr or the rb?

rb, his goal today was really 4.46 so he hit the goal, what we are mad about is his 10yd are fast and he cant translate. his combine goal is 4.38-4.40, im trying to see how i can fit another speed day into the program but its hard bc our mon and thur are our lower and speed days and u know how hard those days are.

TAKE A QUIK LOOK LET ME WAHT U THINK
    Week 5:
    Mon: 110 TEST
    Speed mobilty warmup: see sheet
    2x40
    1x10/1x20
    1xshuttle
    2xvj

Tue: 1120
    Stair stepper 20mins

Thur: 300
    10x10
    5xflying 20-20
    4xshuttles finish

Fri: 1120
    stair stepper 20mins

Week 6:
    Mon: 350
    8x10
    4x20
    5x40
    4Xshuttles

stair stepper 25mins

Thur: 340
    Speed mobility warmup: see sheet
    10x10
    6xflying 20-20
    4xshuttles

stair stepper 25min

Week 7:
    Mon: 400
    8x10
    5x20
    5x40
    4xshuttle

stair stepper 30min

Thur: 400
    8x10
    8xflying 20-20
    4xshuttles

stair stepper 30min

Week 8: download
    Mon: 210
    5x10
    2x20
    3x40
    4xshuttles

stair stepper 15min

Thur: 190
    7x10
    3xflying 20-20
    4xshuttles

stair stepper 15min

Week 9: 120
    Mon:
    3x10/3x20
    2xshuttles

Tue: 240 RECOVERY RUNS
    dynamic warmup: see sheet
    4x60 tempos

JJEB2 is offline Member
    drop off from 400 to 210? do you think the drop is too much? honestly i wouldnt try to get another speed day in their. i would just work more on his 40s on mondays. thursdays look good. i like it and u shouldnt change it. possibly adding those 50s in or 60s could help. bc he needs to build that top end. alternate maybe from week to week.

how does he respond to the high volume? does he have the same problem that i do with dropping off or is he steady throught all his runs?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    does his form break down at all to cause the no increase in speed?

not at all, he ran indoor track 60m

drop off from 400 to 210? do you think the drop is too much? honestly i wouldnt try to get another speed day in their. i would just work more on his 40s on mondays. thursdays look good. i like it and u shouldnt change it. possibly adding those 50s in or 60s could help. bc he needs to build that top end. alternate maybe from week to week.

how does he respond to the high volume? does he have the same problem that i do with dropping off or is he steady throught all his runs?

all my atheltes handle vol good they have high work capacity remember also he ran track so he can take alot. i ask you yesterday about the vol drop and u said leave it at 190 but i felt that the drop was to big from 400 to 190 so i move it up to210. where in this program could i add the 50 r 60?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i am at a loss for answers. i would just keep doing what ur doing

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    all my atheltes handle vol good they have high work capacity remember also he ran track so he can take alot. i ask you yesterday about the vol drop and u said leave it at 190 but i felt that the drop was to big from 400 to 190 so i move it up to210. where in this program could i add the 50 r 60?
    possibilty of dropping the fly 20s one week and just altnerate every other? bc if you add them to ur mon then the vol will be too high

JJEB2 is offline Member
    4x20 flys
    3x50 or 60s
    ?

4x20 flys
    3x50 or 60s
    ?

so drop the 10x10 and decrease vol for the flys

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so drop the 10x10 and decrease vol for the flys
    yea his 10 is remarkable and once a week is enough to keep it consistent.

that sounds good, i may be able to keep the flys vol bc we only doing 2-3x60

JJEB2 is offline Member
    that sounds good, i may be able to keep the flys vol bc we only doing 2-3x60
    do you count the 20 acc zone with it or no?

i do, some people dont- personal choice.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    then 5-flys-200
    2-3 60s

my shippment just came in boi superdrol

JJEB2 is offline Member
    my shippment just came in boi superdrol
    personal or ur guys shit? if for them tell them to chill bc i am sure the detect is 3-4 weeks on that shit. possibly more or less

for me boi trying to hit 4.2, let chat later tonite gtg hit bang some weights.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    for me boi trying to hit 4.2, let chat later tonite gtg hit bang some weights.
    true.

Crowned is offline Junior Member
    I have a quick question... what are the best shoes available for running on track other then spikes? Also, Buck.... agent or something? And for what level exactly?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowned
    I have a quick question... what are the best shoes available for running on track other then spikes? Also, Buck.... agent or something? And for what level exactly?
    most likely waffles. the lightest anyways and from what i read decent traction. i will let buckeye chime in with his response

most likely waffles. the lightest anyways and from what i read decent traction. i will let buckeye chime in with his response

Waffles? By who... and where would I buy them?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    nike waffles...eastbay. they weigh about 7-8 oz. lightest of shoes compared to spikes. wait till buckeye get sback and he may have a better shoe. but these are by far the lightest.

what purpose are they for sprinting or distance running?

nike waffles...eastbay. they weigh about 7-8 oz. lightest of shoes compared to spikes. wait till buckeye get sback and he may have a better shoe. but these are by far the lightest.

what purpose are they for sprinting or distance running?
    Sprinting.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowned
    Sprinting.
    i would say the waffles are ur best bet then. they are fairly cheap at eastbay. i would also wait until buckeye comes back to see what he says bc he actually runs or ran track.

i would say the waffles are ur best bet then. they are fairly cheap at eastbay. i would also wait until buckeye comes back to see what he says bc he actually runs or ran track.
    i agree a track waffle or a indoor soccer turf cleat.

tough ****in workout.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    tough ****in workout.
    yea i just had a decent one myself. finally stepped up to the plate and went heavier on the bench

yea his 10 is remarkable and once a week is enough to keep it consistent.

hey man you made a great point and i have been thinking bout it, since his first 10yd is great i am going to really decrease them in his training bc we also do the acc ladder as part of his warmup which is about 10-12yd, so i think i will go to something like this:

mon:
    20's/40's/1-3flying sprint's

thur:
    flys and 60's

or maybe something like i use with my track guys during the season remember this is just week one:
    mon:
    warmup: T
    3x30 blk
    flying 20/30 4x
    1x50 blk

Fri: 270
    warmup: T
    3x30 blk
    20-20-20 3x

we have chutes but i tend not to use too much resistance stuff, only during power or maintainence phase is when i use lots of reisistance, what do you think?

below is the warmup we use on most days:

Stationary Speed Warmup:
    Perform 1set of 5 reps
    prisoner squats
    speed skaters
    lunge/twist
    forward lunge instep
    drop lunge
    toe touch walk
    Hip Mobility:
    Perform 1set of 8 reps
    scorpion
    hip circles front
    hip circles back
    hip circles side
    knee to armpit
    str leg raises
    lying hip ab and ad
    side 1 leg raises
    groiners
    Movement Prep:
    Perform 1x20 yds
    wide outs
    alt fast leg
    skip speed
    bounding
    side run
    primetimes
    verticals x3
    shuffles
    back pedal
    high pogo x10
    skip height
    fast feet
    ankling
    highknee
    b skips
    Acc Ladder 4x
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 05-08-2006 at 09:12 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    looks good buckeye. i like that set up bc the starts arent needed. the warm up you guys do is almost exactly the same as mine give or take a few excercises. i love it bc it really gets the body warm and fires up the CNS.

looks good buckeye. i like that set up bc the starts arent needed. the warm up you guys do is almost exactly the same as mine give or take a few excercises. i love it bc it really gets the body warm and fires up the CNS.
    best upper body workout of the whole training period.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    best upper body workout of the whole training period.
    same here. i did the heavy dips last night and extensions. my tirs are blasted today man.

what ur workout look like?

same here. i did the heavy dips last night and extensions. my tirs are blasted today man.

what ur workout look like?
    Tue:
    bp 3x4
    cg lockouts 3x5x105
    weight dips 3x5
    rev rows 3x5
    face pulls 15 12 10
    curls 8 6 5
    iso pushups 2x20x30

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Tue:
    bp 3x4
    cg lockouts 3x5x105
    weight dips 3x5
    rev rows 3x5
    face pulls 15 12 10
    curls 8 6 5
    iso pushups 2x20x30
    yea mine looked simlar except did front plate raises, extensions, t bar and no iso push ups. looks good

what u think jjeb this is what a guod friend just sent hes a speed coach also:

If you feel he need better top speed, then simply do top speed work in at least 6 of these workouts. Try some flying 10s and 20s with smooth 30 to 40 yard run in. Also I would probably throw in a some 60m runs. Do them flat out as fast as you can and work on relaxation and popping your feet off the ground.

To take care of his 20 weakness, I would probably work on some easy-fast-easy runs. Go 20 yards easy, then to burst for 20 yards, then shut it down and maintain for 20 yards

JJEB2 is offline Member
    what u think jjeb this is what a guod friend just sent hes a speed coach also:

If you feel he need better top speed, then simply do top speed work in at least 6 of these workouts. Try some flying 10s and 20s with smooth 30 to 40 yard run in. Also I would probably throw in a some 60m runs. Do them flat out as fast as you can and work on relaxation and popping your feet off the ground.

To take care of his 20 weakness, I would probably work on some easy-fast-easy runs. Go 20 yards easy, then to burst for 20 yards, then shut it down and maintain for 20 yards
    i never thought of anything like that but the logic definately makes sense behind it. the flyin 20s i think would be a very good top speed working with the longer acc zone you spoke about. as you said the 60 m or yard runs in there.

i have never heard of the last running scheme but that definately sounds good from just a jog and trying to reach fastest for that 20 yards and just maintain it. that also is 60 yards so as u said the 60s just with some variation in there.

i think this is a great way for him to acc and then reach his fastest and maintain that. the flying 20s and 10s will directly work on his top speed and this just helps him maintain and really focus on his foot touching and going as fast as possible.

i never thought of anything like that but the logic definately makes sense behind it. the flyin 20s i think would be a very good top speed working with the longer acc zone you spoke about. as you said the 60 m or yard runs in there.

i have never heard of the last running scheme but that definately sounds good from just a jog and trying to reach fastest for that 20 yards and just maintain it. that also is 60 yards so as u said the 60s just with some variation in there.

i think this is a great way for him to acc and then reach his fastest and maintain that. the flying 20s and 10s will directly work on his top speed and this just helps him maintain and really focus on his foot touching and going as fast as possible.
    the 20-20-20 are ins and outs i do them but i perfer to go sprint- float - sprint the float is not a jog you are still rolling at about 95% but just relax then hold breath and burst, the burst shouldnt be a big burst bc you should still be rolling pretty anyways. if you look at the sample indoor track workout i posted last night you will see them 20-20-20, if you can u should do them you dont need anymore then six reps. also he said the samething u said that it is not really top speed but his 20 is the problem, what sign is that when someone 20 is weak bc 20yd is still acc?
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 05-09-2006 at 11:50 AM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yea i am alost on that one bro. i have no idea how his acc is so good but tops off at 20 yard mark.

yea i am alost on that one bro. i have no idea how his acc is so good but tops off at 20 yard mark.

i got the answer, hes spinning his wheels like many football they take these lil choppy steps thinking they fast but not going anywhere instead of big powerful steps. it may feel slow but its not.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i got the answer, hes spinning his wheels like many football they take these lil choppy steps thinking they fast but not going anywhere instead of big powerful steps. it may feel slow but its not.
    ahh the short choppy steps. definately should work on that. you have it filmed?

ahh the short choppy steps. definately should work on that. you have it filmed?
    no i dont. like i said yesterday i really think it was our setups rushing through the testing etc see below and also remember it was only a mimi peak.

warmup
    10 bout 3mins
    2x40 2-3mins
    1x20

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information