Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 40 times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JJEB2 is offline Member
    how is ur guys training going buckeye? ur in the home stretch right now.

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    how is ur guys training going buckeye? ur in the home stretch right now.

its going ok, the guys that were running 4.46's indoor on the track since we have been outside it has been hot but kinda windy so they have only been running 4.50's which is making them feel like shit. like today we went through the warmup and they had great 10 and 20 but only 4.5's 40 dont know if they were tired from the warmups etc or what.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    its going ok, the guys that were running 4.46's indoor on the track since we have been outside it has been hot but kinda windy so they have only been running 4.50's which is making them feel like shit. like today we went through the warmup and they had great 10 and 20 but only 4.5's 40 dont know if they were tired from the warmups etc or what.
    yea that can be discouraging. have you worked out on field turf surface yet? bc i would expect about .04 loss from track to field turf as well. i know the feeling with the heat bc today was the first hot day today and its nothing like down there and my workout was hard.

yea that can be discouraging. have you worked out on field turf surface yet? bc i would expect about .04 loss from track to field turf as well. i know the feeling with the heat bc today was the first hot day today and its nothing like down there and my workout was hard.

no, my guys will be running at north texas on a brand new art turf field which is very fast. i promise all my guys will ran a 4.45 or better when its time to run. our warmup and starts or faster/harder then most people workouts, our fastest 10 today was 1.37 and 20 2.48 and after u run 8x10 and 3x20 u cant expect to 4.38 40. all that surface shit doesnt mean shit ur either fast or u r not like my uncle says.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    no, my guys will be running at north texas on a brand new art turf field which is very fast. i promise all my guys will ran a 4.45 or better when its time to run. our warmup and starts or faster/harder then most people workouts, our fastest 10 today was 1.37 and 20 2.48 and after u run 8x10 and 3x20 u cant expect to 4.38 40. all that surface shit doesnt mean shit ur either fast or u r not like my uncle says.
    those are some very good times. i agree to some extent with the surfaces bc if it wasnt a newer surface then there are chances of the feet getting absorbed more than it would say on a newer surface or track.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also my starts were horrible today. idk why i just wasnt feeling it today. i did drills after and i figured out my prob opn my 45 drop. one my feet werent under me enough and two i wasnt dropping my hips enough. so i did alot better today on my drills.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    here is a part of a vid of a guy doing a high box jump. its about 10 secs in so u dont have to let it load a long time but there is also a ton of olympic lifts. pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0GG...arch=rezazadeh

here is a part of a vid of a guy doing a high box jump. its about 10 secs in so u dont have to let it load a long time but there is also a ton of olympic lifts. pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS0GG...arch=rezazadeh

that shit is sweet!

JJEB2 is offline Member
    that shit is sweet!
    yea i cant wait to start lifting like this again. front squats, cleans and snatches. its amzing how strong some of these guys are.

hows training going??

JJEB2 is offline Member
    hows training going??
    today was another shit day. my starts were pitiful. i didnt feel the same one bit. drilsl went ok. did plyos tonight. my bj best is 9'4 which is ****in garbage and i have the form as well

JJEB2 is offline Member
    hmmm. i wouldnt have lifted first bc they say the thing you most need to work on should come first. the wind def is taken into effect. all i can say is that the lifting probably had a major cause to this

hmmm. i wouldnt have lifted first bc they say the thing you most need to work on should come first. the wind def is taken into effect. all i can say is that the lifting probably had a major cause to this

when u r a coach and working with athletes that have many other issues u cant always do the ideal, i really hate during speed work early in the morning bc the cns is still sleep and dont perform as well - so i thought since our lift wasnt as heavy we could get away with it and we also had a long break we got done lifting at 1030 then ran at 430. im really not worry but i just want my atheltes to feel positive at this point.
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-01-2006 at 09:44 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    when u r a coach and working with athletes that have many other issues u cant always do the ideal, i really hate during speed work early in the morning bc the cns is still sleep and dont perform as well - so i thought since our lift wasnt as heavy we could get away with it and we also had a long break we got done lifting at 1030 then ran at 430. im really worry but i just want my atheltes to feel positive at this week.
    yea questions oneself at this point is the worst. but just reassure them that the reasonw as bc of the wind and shit like that and they will do fine.

yea questions oneself at this point is the worst. but just reassure them that the reasonw as bc of the wind and shit like that and they will do fine.

yep, we have our last 225 bp workout tomm morning so we see how that go, one of my guys havent sign up and hes waiting to see how things go tomm and mon.

hey i cant find the post where u list what u did the week of?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also i think that tues i did plyos bc i remember u were saying i was supposed to stop 2 weeks out

kool this week should be interesting. im still waiting for one of my guys to make his decision.

also i think that tues i did plyos bc i remember u were saying i was supposed to stop 2 weeks out

yeh i think i remember you saying u did do something on tue.

could all this tightness be a sign of over-training,im not sure just asking

JJEB2 is offline Member
    could all this tightness be a sign of over-training,im not sure just asking
    i just think how it is for me. i am just always tight. i am flexible but if i am not warm my body is very tight but when i warm the muscles i am not tight but it almost feels like my muscles arent fully strong. its very hard to explain.

it could be that i was overtraining but i usually run with low vol as is and lift with low volume as well. but just the extent of my training peroid. i usually take a week off every 2 months or so just to rest and recoop

i just think how it is for me. i am just always tight. i am flexible but if i am not warm my body is very tight but when i warm the muscles i am not tight but it almost feels like my muscles arent fully strong. its very hard to explain.

it could be that i was overtraining but i usually run with low vol as is and lift with low volume as well. but just the extent of my training peroid. i usually take a week off every 2 months or so just to rest and recoop
    kool- goodluck wit that. less then a week now the weather suppose to be 95/14mph wind from sse
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-04-2006 at 07:46 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    with the three cone why do you switch ur stance? also do u teach to turn when you touch the starting line again? i have seen that done before. any other tips?

with the three cone why do you switch ur stance? also do u teach to turn when you touch the starting line again? i have seen that done before. any other tips?

3steps spider/2steps spiders/2steps plant etc

change stance to help with ur steps

at ur last combine did you have any scouts there, bc my boy went to the balt combine after going to ill and the weather was ****ed up and he said the ravens made him run the 40 again.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    at ur last combine did you have any scouts there, bc my boy went to the balt combine after going to ill and the weather was ****ed up and he said the ravens made him run the 40 again.
    nah not that i knew of. there were some guys on the outside of the fence but most were semi pro guys. there were the coachs who helped but i have no idea if they were with a team or what.

lol- my guys are getting slower each week

JJEB2 is offline Member
    they have to be burnt. do u check what there diets consist of aand their sleeping patterns?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so u ran this am and then tested them again at 345 today?

so u ran this am and then tested them again at 345 today?

yes, it take forever for them to really get strecth out

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewA...0&ATCLID=66997

can u tell which way the field is?? suppose to be 99 20%chance of rain winds 14mph sse.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    http://www.unt.edu/pais/map/campusmap.htm
    by this map it runs nw to se. its diagonal. so if ur expecting se winds that it will either be wind aided or into the wind which can help or hurt. they will also make note of that to some extent.

http://www.unt.edu/pais/map/campusmap.htm
    by this map it runs nw to se. its diagonal. so if ur expecting se winds that it will either be wind aided or into the wind which can help or hurt. they will also make note of that to some extent.

KOOL, today is going to be light and short warmup and bp work. rest of week REST and recovery methods like we have been during since last fri. this one should be fun suppose to 102 now shouldnt have problem with keeping warm
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-06-2006 at 09:21 AM.

today ended up being a heavy bp day -lol, bc the guys felt really good so we pretty much worked up to a 1rm max somewhat. almost everyone bump up 50-60lbs. also what did you eat the morning of the workout and did you take any bars or gatorade with you??
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-06-2006 at 07:42 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    today ended up being a heavy bp day -lol, bc the guys felt really good so we pretty much worked up to a 1rm max somewhat. almost everyone bump up 50-60lbs. also what did you eat the morning of the workout and did you take any bars or gatorade with you??
    i ate an omlette, some fruits, some oatmeal. then i ate a meal around 1030 of chicken and rice. i brought water and 2 protein bars. i would recommend brining more bars and def some gatorade so there is no cramping. i started to cramp at the end and i ate fruits and was well hydrated.

i ate an omlette, some fruits, some oatmeal. then i ate a meal around 1030 of chicken and rice. i brought water and 2 protein bars. i would recommend brining more bars and def some gatorade so there is no cramping. i started to cramp at the end and i ate fruits and was well hydrated.
    damn, we probably get back late sun ill let you know how things go - really think good things will happen for them.
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-06-2006 at 08:18 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i got offered to do semi pro last night at the gym with a pretty good team i guess nationally ranked. you think i should just go and get my football skills sharpened or just lift, lift, run, run. this could be an oppurtunity to get some film.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i just made reservations it was 204 with 15% tax so it came to 235-240.

i just made reservations it was 204 with 15% tax so it came to 235-240.

kool, i dont think my guys will be going spoke to my uncle about it - just not really worth it. everybody case is diff but we will most def attend the dallas one. are you gonna be disappointed if u never make it and be damn i wasted all that damn money lol?
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-08-2006 at 09:51 AM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    they dont serve a continental breakfast but there is a restuarant at this joint.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information