Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 times

JJEB2 is offline Member
    then i did GMs for lower back and some pull throughs 2 sets each then abs

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    just following the lower u hit me with. i did speed squats as well off a parrell box with 225 for 8x3 which were the most explosive i have ever done. i really cant remember what else i did that day. hold on let me check the template and see if i followed it all the way.

yeh my guys have two more training weeks one of my friends said i should drop the heavy squats and do speed squats both days for those two weeks, i really dont see the point since our vol is getting low (4x2 and 2x1)

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    yeh my guys have two more training weeks one of my friends said i should drop the heavy squats and do speed squats both days for those two weeks, i really dont see the point since our vol is getting low (4x2 and 2x1)
    well as i said before in terms of a weightlifter/pl they wont go heavy the week of. generally they will do a workout the week of but nothing crazy. you can relate it very similar. even if you recover fast it still has some effect on ur CNS. gernally i think its easier to overtrain the legs esp when you are running 3-5 times a week.

well as i said before in terms of a weightlifter/pl they wont go heavy the week of. generally they will do a workout the week of but nothing crazy. you can relate it very similar. even if you recover fast it still has some effect on ur CNS. gernally i think its easier to overtrain the legs esp when you are running 3-5 times a week.
    i feel if you only do speed squat for 2 weeks with no heavy leg work you will lose leg strength and leg is very important in short races. you dont have to heavy squatt it can be a heavy single leg movment. so what you are telling me u didnt squat heavy in 2-4 weeks just sdl and speed squats once a week.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i feel if you only do speed squat for 2 weeks with no heavy leg work you will lose leg strength and leg is very important in short races. you dont have to heavy squatt it can be a heavy single leg movment. so what you are telling me u didnt squat heavy in 2-4 weeks just sdl and speed squats once a week.
    i squatted heavy not last week but the week before that. i think that once ur approaching the combine you should possibly stop the heavy heavy squats but that all depends on the person you are training so dont recover as fast. it alld epends.

i squatted heavy not last week but the week before that. i think that once ur approaching the combine you should possibly stop the heavy heavy squats but that all depends on the person you are training so dont recover as fast. it alld epends.

got it, i thought u were during no heavy leg workout.. normally if i get a guy who has great leg strength then i wont squat with him, i would do heavy single leg squats and speed squats.

so mon u didnt do nothing, tue warmup wed starts thur-fr-sat rest?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so mon u didnt do nothing, tue warmup wed starts thur-fr-sat rest?
    yup, i have been contemplating whether i want to do some SSs tommorow but its up in the air. resting, eatting and possibly a massage

JJEB2 is offline Member
    oh monday i heavy benched and di some plays as i stated before.

damn its raining all day at ur combine site

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yea its been changing all week. i dont mind the rain bc i have ran a 4.31 on my shuttles with a slip and it was a pretty big slip.

yea its been changing all week. i dont mind the rain bc i have ran a 4.31 on my shuttles with a slip and it was a pretty big slip.

a wet turf slip is totally diff from a workout slip, my friend was running 4.35 in training but only ran 4.48 bc of wet turf and rain. rain will **** up anyone.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    a wet turf slip is totally diff from a workout slip, my friend was running 4.35 in training but only ran 4.48 bc of wet turf and rain. rain will **** up anyone.
    yea i have checked everyday and it goes back and forth i was assuming it would be better bc i live north of NJ and it was nice out today. hopefully whatever they guess will hit bumps up a few days.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also which do u think is faster the field turf or grass. i have only done my SS on grass untill last week. i am hoping the turf is alot faster and that my feet stay under me.

also which do u think is faster the field turf or grass. i have only done my SS on grass untill last week. i am hoping the turf is alot faster and that my feet stay under me.

i think field turf. my guys had a shitty workout bc today is usually a rest day but we had to go 3 days str and u know the kind of vol we do. also what u r saying that it would be better for us to hit squat hard this week with the 4x2 then the week before and week of go to our speed squats?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i think field turf. my guys had a shitty workout bc today is usually a rest day but we had to go 3 days str and u know the kind of vol we do. also what u r saying that it would be better for us to hit squat hard this week with the 4x2 then the week before and week of go to our speed squats?
    i am not squatting week of but if anything is done i would do speed squats. the week before i think you can go heavy but thats my opinion. i was stil a lil sore the next few days after doing my workout this saturday eventhough i kept my sets and reps at 2x2 for deads. then i did light weights on pull throughs and GMs and my back and hammies were a little sore until tues but nothing like an extreme heavy day.

honestly my squat is done a shitload and i am fast for being me. i think it all depends on the person and that just needs to be monitored closely.

how wide is ur back foot when u r in ur stance? i am watching kelly jennings and his back foot look close as hell

JJEB2 is offline Member
    how wide is ur back foot when u r in ur stance? i am watching kelly jennings and his back foot look close as hell
    shoulder width apart. i would say its about 14-16 inches away from the line.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    deep tissue massage today for an hour and just resting, hydrating and eatting all day. tommorow is the same and then traveling at 530.

deep tissue massage today for an hour and just resting, hydrating and eatting all day. tommorow is the same and then traveling at 530.

how u feel after the message

JJEB2 is offline Member
    how u feel after the message
    to be honest the same. it was funny bc she said i was ectremely tight and i had some built up shit in my muscles that the lymphatic system secrete for sorness and they were huge balls. i forget the term she used. right now i have a slight pain in my knee from her massaging the tendons. she was elbows in all in my hamstrings and asked if it hurt and honestly i couldnt feel a thing and she just laughed bc i was so tight.

i prob will be a lil sore tommorow. she said to just drinka shitload of water and stretch more than usual.

so do you feel the best u ever felt in ur lift, meaning strongest, powerful and fastest etc.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so do you feel the best u ever felt in ur lift, meaning strongest, powerful and fastest etc.
    strongest no overall-no, strongest upper body-yes. lower body is really down in weights right not with my squats. all my other weights are stronger if not the same as they were when i was my strongest a few months ago. this past week i got back up to the weights i was using before. i am benching more than 350 now and prob around 370. so i have put on alot of strength in the past few weeks since we spoke about that. i feel the most powerful i have ever in the sense of strength and speed of the weight. overall just really explosive in the lifts. my vert doesnt feel as springy as it has in the past but i feel looser and more athletism in my jumps. fastest is a definate. i have never even been timed in the 4.6 range in my life. there were times where i thought i was in that range but never got to see it on a clock. nevermind running in the 4.4s or 4.5s so i feel really good. my form is pretty good and my leg drive is good.

strongest no overall-no, strongest upper body-yes. lower body is really down in weights right not with my squats. all my other weights are stronger if not the same as they were when i was my strongest a few months ago. this past week i got back up to the weights i was using before. i am benching more than 350 now and prob around 370. so i have put on alot of strength in the past few weeks since we spoke about that. i feel the most powerful i have ever in the sense of strength and speed of the weight. overall just really explosive in the lifts. my vert doesnt feel as springy as it has in the past but i feel looser and more athletism in my jumps. fastest is a definate. i have never even been timed in the 4.6 range in my life. there were times where i thought i was in that range but never got to see it on a clock. nevermind running in the 4.4s or 4.5s so i feel really good. my form is pretty good and my leg drive is good.
    well thats the mind set you have to have come sun, that no one can **** with you and you are the best out there!!

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well thats the mind set you have to have come sun, that no one can **** with you and you are the best out there!!
    yea i knew where you were going with the question but i know when it comes to getting on the field not many people can **** with me. i am nervous as **** right now but that only is anticipation and i know i will have the tops scores out there. its the fact that i am putting my numbers into the hands of timers as well as the weather. those are things i have no control over that and i am sure you understand that to the fullest. i am ready and i have worked hard for this and no one will take that from me.

i just gotta concentrate and leave it all out there on sunday and show the people i am capable of playing ball. i am really gonna try to showcase myself on one on ones. tahts where i think i can stand head and shoulders above the other guys. keep them from the inside. intiate contact until 5 yards hand near hip and other one getting ready to smash the ball. recovery speed recoveryt speed and dont bite

yea i knew where you were going with the question but i know when it comes to getting on the field not many people can **** with me. i am nervous as **** right now but that only is anticipation and i know i will have the tops scores out there. its the fact that i am putting my numbers into the hands of timers as well as the weather. those are things i have no control over that and i am sure you understand that to the fullest. i am ready and i have worked hard for this and no one will take that from me.

i just gotta concentrate and leave it all out there on sunday and show the people i am capable of playing ball. i am really gonna try to showcase myself on one on ones. tahts where i think i can stand head and shoulders above the other guys. keep them from the inside. intiate contact until 5 yards hand near hip and other one getting ready to smash the ball. recovery speed recoveryt speed and dont bite
    and dont let no rb beat u on a out and up route, seen it many times last yr. rb to the flat and up the field.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    and dont let no rb beat u on a out and up route, seen it many times last yr. rb to the flat and up the field.
    definately. that was one of the routes i am definately awaiting. i am wondering if i should give the rb a good shot when he comes out of the hole. a. i dont want to over persue and get totally beat. b. i want to be physical c. i almost know where it is going so it almost makes me look like a scumbag.

definately. that was one of the routes i am definately awaiting. i am wondering if i should give the rb a good shot when he comes out of the hole. a. i dont want to over persue and get totally beat. b. i want to be physical c. i almost know where it is going so it almost makes me look like a scumbag.
    if u think hes during a out and up, you should give him a lil quick bump then get depth, bc really a rb vs lb is a miss match if hes a good rb.. remember be a athlete and dont look tight everything should look easy and fluid. the rb i have i think he may have a chance to hit 24 now, he has gone up 4 reps in the two weeks.

let me know how things went

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well here is the story. this place sucks and garbage but i still did decent. all the things i thought i would do better in i did worse in and the things i didnt even work at i did well at. here are all my times and weights and heights

not even 6 feet. everyone was getting recheacks. i have never been under 6 ft since i was a soph in high school. i get reg checks so i would know.

only weighed in at 226 which i weighed myself in h\just shorts at 230 befor ei lft.

short shuttle best was 4.18. it was raining so i couldnt get the best of grips.

40- hahah what a ****in joke. everyone was running horrible. best time of the day was a 4.48. ok so i am loose as **** man and i get out there and i run. they dont give ytimes until everyone is done. some guy in the stands yells to me u got a 4.47. then my mother and boys said the guy next to them at 4.52. so thats a 4.47 and a 4.52. so that was my besr. at the end they show the scores i got a 4.76. bunch of moth****as. everyone ahead of me ran mad slow in like 5.1s and shit. i couldnt believe it. so buckeye i am gonna send u my pin when the vids come out and i want u to time it for me and tell me if i should go to brad with this bc thats a shitload of difference from a 10 and a 8.5.

vert-10'9 so reach was 7'7 and thats a 38" inch vert

bench-19 reps ahhaha. last event and i shit the bed.

1 on 1 did alright but the out and up i got burnt a few times. thats all they were running so it was a track meet out there. i was mad sore and cramping.

overall i calc at a 8.6 but with the 10 on speed thjat i should have gotten i would be a 9. but buckeye that is for u to determine and i will let u see it for urself bro.

it was porrly run. u were right my legs were tired. i was tired. i was emotionally drained. overall i think i did well esp in the wet surface. i did my best and the fact they are trying to screw us was the worst.

my boys said i looked like i was flying and my form was flawless they said. u will see buckeye but i am kinda disappointed right now. so hopefully i make indy and get a real time.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so my calculations i think i got 8.5 on strength bc my vert was so high, 10 on quickess, 8.5 on the speed and 7.5 on the height/weight. which puts me at about 34.5 but with that 10 on speed i would get a 36 and a 9 even which is huge difference.

well here is the story. this place sucks and garbage but i still did decent. all the things i thought i would do better in i did worse in and the things i didnt even work at i did well at. here are all my times and weights and heights

not even 6 feet. everyone was getting recheacks. i have never been under 6 ft since i was a soph in high school. i get reg checks so i would know.

only weighed in at 226 which i weighed myself in h\just shorts at 230 befor ei lft.

short shuttle best was 4.18. it was raining so i couldnt get the best of grips.

40- hahah what a ****in joke. everyone was running horrible. best time of the day was a 4.48. ok so i am loose as **** man and i get out there and i run. they dont give ytimes until everyone is done. some guy in the stands yells to me u got a 4.47. then my mother and boys said the guy next to them at 4.52. so thats a 4.47 and a 4.52. so that was my besr. at the end they show the scores i got a 4.76. bunch of moth****as. everyone ahead of me ran mad slow in like 5.1s and shit. i couldnt believe it. so buckeye i am gonna send u my pin when the vids come out and i want u to time it for me and tell me if i should go to brad with this bc thats a shitload of difference from a 10 and a 8.5.

vert-10'9 so reach was 7'7 and thats a 38" inch vert

bench-19 reps ahhaha. last event and i shit the bed.

1 on 1 did alright but the out and up i got burnt a few times. thats all they were running so it was a track meet out there. i was mad sore and cramping.

overall i calc at a 8.6 but with the 10 on speed thjat i should have gotten i would be a 9. but buckeye that is for u to determine and i will let u see it for urself bro.

it was porrly run. u were right my legs were tired. i was tired. i was emotionally drained. overall i think i did well esp in the wet surface. i did my best and the fact they are trying to screw us was the worst.

my boys said i looked like i was flying and my form was flawless they said. u will see buckeye but i am kinda disappointed right now. so hopefully i make indy and get a real time.
    i told you they are full of shit and they are not very nice with the times. i really think those tempo 80 would have help. so do u think they screw everyone with there times. how was it poorly run? who else were in ur group fb te etc? what was ur rotation of events? its normal to drop a few lbs bc of the sweating. did you use the cheat methods for the vj? what happen to the bp, should have done those 100reps lol. i hope u make it and if u do u have bout 4 weeks. hit me up with the vid. did craig talk to you guys when it was over?
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 05-21-2006 at 10:17 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yea they ****ed everyone in the whole combine. fastest time was a 4.48 or 4.47 or some shit. hahah tempo def would have worked.

as far as the bp. it was my last thing and it started to pour and u only got one time to warm up. piss pour set up. everyones bp numbers were down in my group

my group was all lbs and a few safeties.

the rotation was by number. so i was 143 and my group was 130-166 or so. only 20 kids at most. we just roated. mine went vj to ss, to weigh in to 40s to bp and then one on ones,

hahah cheat methods dont work bc they only use one arm and u need to put ur hip to the side and push some thing up into the air.

everyones heights and weights were off. it was such bullshit. all the groups were broken by position generally. some outliers in eacdh group.

yea i figure to make it. i will make a detailed thing on things to help u about what goes on tommorow bc i am exhausted.

yea they ****ed everyone in the whole combine. fastest time was a 4.48 or 4.47 or some shit. hahah tempo def would have worked.

as far as the bp. it was my last thing and it started to pour and u only got one time to warm up. piss pour set up. everyones bp numbers were down in my group

my group was all lbs and a few safeties.

the rotation was by number. so i was 143 and my group was 130-166 or so. only 20 kids at most. we just roated. mine went vj to ss, to weigh in to 40s to bp and then one on ones,

hahah cheat methods dont work bc they only use one arm and u need to put ur hip to the side and push some thing up into the air.

everyones heights and weights were off. it was such bullshit. all the groups were broken by position generally. some outliers in eacdh group.

yea i figure to make it. i will make a detailed thing on things to help u about what goes on tommorow bc i am exhausted.

i could have told you that u only get 1 warmup set and that why my guys only do one set rest 1min then 10 fast pushups then they are really to go. last yr the cheat methods work you can use the retract shoulder blades and u should have been able to use the method you told me about. remember the turf was wet so sub about 1 tenth did ur track spikes help?
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 05-21-2006 at 10:34 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i could have told you that u only get 1 warmup set and that why my guys only do one set rest 1min then 10 fast pushups then they are really to go. last yr the cheat methods work you can use the retract shoulder blades and u should have been able to use the method you told me about. remember the turf was wet so sub about 1 tenth did ur track spikes help?
    track spikes helped alot. but honestly you will see. my boy said i looked smooth. my other boys said i was by far the fastes in my group and i actually had a kid hit a 4.4 something in my group. i havenmt see it so i have no idea but the proof is in the pudding. all the insides ran 4.9s and 5s. i was the fastest inside.

track spikes helped alot. but honestly you will see. my boy said i looked smooth. my other boys said i was by far the fastes in my group and i actually had a kid hit a 4.4 something in my group. i havenmt see it so i have no idea but the proof is in the pudding. all the insides ran 4.9s and 5s. i was the fastest inside.
    so u could have had 40in if u did the cheat methods, all of my guys last yr did them.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so u could have had 40in if u did the cheat methods, all of my guys last yr did them.
    yea but it was a lil different bc they let us go until we couldnt hit the one above it again so some guys got 7 chances or so. i only got 4 bc i couldnt get higher. if u can get away more power to ya. honestly i tried but he kept yelling at me to straighten this and that and i lost it after a while hahah.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i need to work on my endurance before indy bc i am dead right now. i am out of my mind tired. my legs are sore. i need work on one on ones. i need to start working the new drills. i need to work on broad alot more.

yea but it was a lil different bc they let us go until we couldnt hit the one above it again so some guys got 7 chances or so. i only got 4 bc i couldnt get higher. if u can get away more power to ya. honestly i tried but he kept yelling at me to straighten this and that and i lost it after a while hahah.

thats how they always test u keep going until u fail. also it helps if u wear baggy clothes so they cant see u what ur during, like maybe wear a long sleeve nike drifit shirt and pants and they cant tell.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    thats how they always test u keep going until u fail. also it helps if u wear baggy clothes so they cant see u what ur during, like maybe wear a long sleeve nike drifit shirt and pants and they cant tell.
    yea thats what i figured. like with the bench some stiffw asnt repping it out and they counted all his reps. another kid hit 41 and he did all half reps and they let it slid hahah. ****in scumbags. one guy there tooka liking to me and started to talk to me and ask where i went to school. so he def saw me being the top lb in my scores so he was interested.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information