Thread: 40 times

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    if i post it, it will only be for a few mins

JJEB2 is offline Member
    understandable

damn

lookin at the combine video now, it look like most of the guys there were close to the line, instead 1shoe length back.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    lookin at the combine video now, it look like most of the guys there were close to the line, instead 1shoe length back.
    there were guys who were on that second line which is no more then 5 inches

Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    there were guys who were on that second line which is no more then 5 inches

yeh im starting to look at my 1shoe length, im looking at the praisi combine video they teach 3-6in.

IXISiDiuSIXI is offline Associate Member
    Just curious to what your 40 time is. No one is gonna call u a liar or not believe you. throw it out there :P. Mine was a 4.56 in high school. but who knows if that was accurate or not. Were talkin a high school track with 1 stop watch. :/.

Quote Originally Posted by IXISiDiuSIXI
    Just curious to what your 40 time is. No one is gonna call u a liar or not believe you. throw it out there :P. Mine was a 4.56 in high school. but who knows if that was accurate or not. Were talkin a high school track with 1 stop watch. :/.
    who me or jjeb

this is how i use to run my 40 but i change it last yr, i think im gonna go back to my old ways. what you think jjeb2?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ss14.htm

JJEB2 is offline Member
    this is how i use to run my 40 but i change it last yr, i think im gonna go back to my old ways. what you think jjeb2?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ss14.htm
    thats about where i place my feet. maybe a little back with the first foot. i dont like how they dont make note of head down and i am not a fan of how flat his back is. thats my personal assessment but i am not coach. I just know whats better for me and how it feels.

i also dont liuke how they say where you should step. my first step goes a whole foot or foot and a half longer from the line to my patella. but i guess thats just a bench mark for starting point. i think an athlete should teach themselves to spring out explosively almost like a broad jump with the first step and get as far as possible but not overstriding for their body and creating as much explosion of that quick leg.

as far as the rest of the article i agree with most. i dont know how i personally breathe but this is a widely discussed issue and i really dont concentrate on my breatheing bc as i said before too much thinking and i am ****ed

thats about where i place my feet. maybe a little back with the first foot. i dont like how they dont make note of head down and i am not a fan of how flat his back is. thats my personal assessment but i am not coach. I just know whats better for me and how it feels.

i also dont liuke how they say where you should step. my first step goes a whole foot or foot and a half longer from the line to my patella. but i guess thats just a bench mark for starting point. i think an athlete should teach themselves to spring out explosively almost like a broad jump with the first step and get as far as possible but not overstriding for their body and creating as much explosion of that quick leg.

as far as the rest of the article i agree with most. i dont know how i personally breathe but this is a widely discussed issue and i really dont concentrate on my breatheing bc as i said before too much thinking and i am ****ed

i know praisi teach the flat back they like to create a launching pad so you come out at a 30degree angle, it should be a punch with the head.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i know praisi teach the flat back they like to create a launching pad so you come out at a 30degree angle, it should be a punch with the head.
    yea i have ass higher than the head to really focus on staying low bc i always had a problem with comming out high.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yo buckeye i just re read all the info for the regional combines and we have 5 hrs to warm up, height, weight, lift, SS, 40s and vert. so i would say 3 and a half hrs to actually do vert, bench, 40s and SSs and position drills which include half the guys at the combine bc its one on ones. that doesnt seem to bad at all.

last yr they one vs one only lasted about 30-45mins at best.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    thats straight then because you get 3 hrs to do 2 SSs, 2 40s, bench and a vert. that actually is really good if you think about it. there is two sessions as well. 7 am and 1230pm. so you have to think no more than 400 people will go to each regional one so say 200 people at each session. i think i wont have too much problems with fatigue

it goes pretty fast, no rest at least the one in texas last yr.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yea i have been through similar processes at college where we did all these events in 2 hrs so i am used to it.

kool, also u dont have to deal with the 110degree heat either thats a big difference.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    kool, also u dont have to deal with the 110degree heat either thats a big difference.
    yea no shit. it hit 80 here the other day and i was sweating my dick off. but ya'll are used to that weather.

who me or jjeb
    both of you guys.

both of you guys.

- 4.34. what are u running

JJEB2 is offline Member
    both of you guys.
    4.48 hand timed on a track @231 pounds

oh i forgot my height-weight> 6'3 230 wr

JJEB2 is offline Member
    oh i forgot my height-weight> 6'3 230 wr
    damn and ur 6'3 at 230. thats larger than TO son. how come you arent trying out for an teams or are you done with that?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i am an ILB as well forgot to mention dont want buckeye looking better than me. guy almost outweighs me and hes a wr hahah.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    buckeye, let me ask ya something. when i do my flies i am not as fast as i am when i do a straight 20, 30 or 40. when i do my flies it seems i am not accelerating. when i get down in my stance and explode out i hit me top speed at 20 yards and i keep getting faster but not when i do flies. this always confused me

buckeye, let me ask ya something. when i do my flies i am not as fast as i am when i do a straight 20, 30 or 40. when i do my flies it seems i am not accelerating. when i get down in my stance and explode out i hit me top speed at 20 yards and i keep getting faster but not when i do flies. this always confused me

flys are diff FIRST THING DONT GET DOWN INTO A 40STANCE USE A ROLL STANDING START. FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE DOING FLYING 20 WITH A 20YD ACC ZONE, U WOULD START IN A ROLLING STANDING START AND DO A GRAD BUILD SO BY THE TIME YOU HIT THE 20 U R AT FULL TILT THEN FROM THERE JUST MAINTAIN DONT DONT TRY AND GO FASTER MAINTAIN AND HOLD FORM. THE LONGER THE ACC ZONE THE MORE GRAD UR BUILD CAN BE.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    flys are diff FIRST THING DONT GET DOWN INTO A 40STANCE USE A ROLL STANDING START. FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE DOING FLYING 20 WITH A 20YD ACC ZONE, U WOULD START IN A ROLLING STANDING START AND DO A GRAD BUILD SO BY THE TIME YOU HIT THE 20 U R AT FULL TILT THEN FROM THERE JUST MAINTAIN DONT DONT TRY AND GO FASTER MAINTAIN AND HOLD FORM. THE LONGER THE ACC ZONE THE MORE GRAD UR BUILD CAN BE.
    oh ok. good explanation bc that is what i am doing and i didnt feel like i was faster. the people watching me said it looked like i was just strdiing it out. i start low on two feet and do the gradual build up. thanks

had a guy run 1.33 -10yd 2.53- 20yd 4.47- 40yd he need major top speed work in only 3weeks - lol.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    had a guy run 1.33 -10yd 2.53- 20yd 4.47- 40yd he need major top speed work in only 3weeks - lol.
    his start is remarkable. he def needs top end. even his 10-20 is bad for a 1.33 start. that means he is on a 1.2 in 10 yards which isnt that great. his overall start to 20 is still good but in proportion to his his start is really bad. his start and 10-20 are only at a .13 difference. his 20-40 is 1.94 which is decent but not where he needs to be. this guy could be in the 4.3 easy. just work on his top end speed man. you know the deal so he should be straight.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i had a pretty good workout myself today. nothing timed but i felt my stride is really good and my form is good. starts were shaky at first bc i was sore form lifting on sat but after the adrenaline started to flow i was straight.

his start is remarkable. he def needs top end. even his 10-20 is bad for a 1.33 start. that means he is on a 1.2 in 10 yards which isnt that great. his overall start to 20 is still good but in proportion to his his start is really bad. his start and 10-20 are only at a .13 difference. his 20-40 is 1.94 which is decent but not where he needs to be. this guy could be in the 4.3 easy. just work on his top end speed man. you know the deal so he should be straight.

which would u do flying or 50 and 60?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    hard call. you have been doing flies and he must not be responding to it. i would say that the 50 and 60s would serve a prupose. he would be accelerating throughout the run but its longer than 40. he accelerates but not to the point that he needs to. his 40 is still good but he needs to increase throughout the whole run. what about flying 30s or 40s? he would be at max speed for the length that he is having problems with.

possibly chutes and if you have bungees that could help as well. but if not i would say fly 30s or the 50s and 60s.

what do u think?

wow congrats to both of you guys, thats fast. buckeye thats nfl size and speed. I agree with jeb, why aren't u trying out for any teams??

long story.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    long story.
    same boat but nothing of mine is documented except a simple assualt charge

hard call. you have been doing flies and he must not be responding to it. i would say that the 50 and 60s would serve a prupose. he would be accelerating throughout the run but its longer than 40. he accelerates but not to the point that he needs to. his 40 is still good but he needs to increase throughout the whole run. what about flying 30s or 40s? he would be at max speed for the length that he is having problems with.

possibly chutes and if you have bungees that could help as well. but if not i would say fly 30s or the 50s and 60s.

what do u think?

this is just from a track and field standpoint, they say the best way to develop top speed is flying 20 bc flying 30 u r tapping into speed endurance bc most cant hold that distance for max speed. hope that make sense. also this was our first time running 40yd we have only been during 10-20-30 that could have played a small role. also when i said flying 40 or 60 i meant full tilt 60 from a 3point.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    this is just from a track and field standpoint, they say the best way to develop top speed is flying 20 bc flying 30 u r tapping into speed endurance bc most cant hold that distance for max speed. hope that make sense. also this was our first time running 40yd we have only been during 10-20-30 that could have played a small role. also when i said flying 40 or 60 i meant full tilt 60 from a 3point.
    aight i get ya. yea i knew u were talking about straight 50s and 60s from the 3 point.

incorporate more 40s in there then. the most alarming area to me is the 10-20. 1.2 just isnt good. and the fasct he only gets a 1.94 the 20-40 isnt great but isnt that bad. when does he reach his fastest?

with ur explanation then 50s and 60s are better suited then.

also he went through a good fast warmup, then ran 1x10x1.33 took about 3mins off then ran 2x40 about 2-3min off, then 1x20 - he had to rush through the workouts bc he had prior arrangements today so that could be a reason why also.. i really think as we start to do more 40's and more full flying 20 it will get better, bc the first month we only did flying 10 and 20's with a 10yd acc zone.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    also he went through a good fast warmup, then ran 1x10x1.33 took about 3mins off then ran 2x40 about 2-3min off, then 1x20 - he had to rush through the workouts bc he had prior arrangements today so that could be a reason why also.. i really think as we start to do more 40's and more full flying 20 it will get better, bc the first month we only did flying 10 and 20's with a 10yd acc zone.
    yea that def has alot of an effect on a time. i know if i am not warm my times are horrible and my form is horrible. people really dont understand the importance of being wamr. not meaning your guy but just in general. he has a few weeks to really hit it hard and the two weeks before if i remember correctly his vol is at 400 so he will improve and peak for sure. i would say he will hit 4.41 maybe lower.

what ya think? is this the wr or the rb?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread Information