Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bapper
    I know loads of Bodybuilders that leave carido out of there prep as long as possible. The reason being your body ajusts to a diet very quickly and you stop losing fat, now if you trow everything in at the start. Fat buners, carido, reduced caloric intake its very easy to get stuck near the end in regards to bodyfat loss. So I say clean up the diet, loose a bit, reduce the calories loose some more now there is only so far you can go with this as the body needs cals to maintain bodymass. So trow in some carido when the bodtfat loss stops. Then you still have your clen, ECA, T3 etc to fall back on if you stop loosing bodtfat.
    This i sexactly what I do bro.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    now if you trow everything in at the start. Fat buners, carido, reduced caloric intake its very easy to get stuck near the end in regards to bodyfat loss.
    Of course, this is common sense. The body wants to constantly be in homeostasis, anything that throws it off it will want to adjust to return back. I totally agree with this Bap.

So what you do is take steps, everything is a process here. You can start cardio earlier and adjust that as well just like you do with workouts. For some 3 weeks out is crazy. For others (like some on this thread) can wait that long and even longer.

So I say clean up the diet, loose a bit, reduce the calories loose some more now there is only so far you can go with this as the body needs cals to maintain bodymass. So trow in some carido when the bodtfat loss stops. Then you still have your clen, ECA, T3 etc to fall back on if you stop loosing bodtfat.
    What if the BF loss never stops? What if it never really starts and all the "stubborn" fat won't budge? Then what do you do? Wait til 3 weeks out? . Too many factors here.

This is yet another one of those "to each is own" topics. That is relating to how long to wait til showtime to perform cardio. This thread really did take a turn. I told you we would get to 3 pages Bap!!! A little off topic but it made it.

For the ones that are waiting 3 weeks out thats saying to wait 3 weeks out to start your Clen and T3? Those can be implimented much earlier and cycled throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova
    Of course, this is common sense. The body wants to constantly be in homeostasis, anything that throws it off it will want to adjust to return back. I totally agree with this Bap.

So what you do is take steps, everything is a process here. You can start cardio earlier and adjust that as well just like you do with workouts. For some 3 weeks out is crazy. For others (like some on this thread) can wait that long and even longer.

What if the BF loss never stops? What if it never really starts and all the "stubborn" fat won't budge? Then what do you do? Wait til 3 weeks out? . Too many factors here.

This is yet another one of those "to each is own" topics. That is relating to how long to wait til showtime to perform cardio. This thread really did take a turn. I told you we would get to 3 pages Bap!!! A little off topic but it made it.

For the ones that are waiting 3 weeks out thats saying to wait 3 weeks out to start your Clen and T3? Those can be implimented much earlier and cycled throughout.
    I usually start my clen 8 weeks out. not going to try to alter that as it worked well for me in the pass

not sure if I want to use t-3 as its not sparing to muscles.. bastard. what would you suggest Jay? YEEEAAAHHH 1000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    what would you suggest JAY?
    Honestly T3 can be used with Clen achieving great success. I've seen studies where T3 upregulated beta 2 receptors in fat tissue. As you know clenbuterol and similar compounds downregulate this receptor, so using T3 with your clen will help stave off or reverse this downregulation. And since you're using Clen this will benefit you in Fatloss. Both from that little bit of info and from what you already know about T3.

The problem with T3 is what has already been stated previously in this thread. It doesnt discriminate and will go through whatever is has too. Combine that with this very topic of LBM and cadio and you can run into a problem.

Do what has worked for you as I dont have a definite answer on this one. I have used T3 (never above 25mcg) with great success. As of now I"m taking some time off of it and seeing what I can achieve without it. For you Mr. M, I see nothing wrong with what you have done in the past, has always worked. Tweak a few things <<cough>><<cardio>><<cough>> and take it from there buddy.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i have started my diet, cardio, and clen at 8 weeks out in an attempt to try and get ready asap. not because i am behind, but i would like to be ready 2 weeks before my show than be right on time, or even behind in the last couple weeks and try and catch up when i am depleting or rtying to carb up. also if i am ready earlier it gives me a chance to play with carb/sodium loading. also i KNOW i am not one of those lucky few that can wait till 3 weeks out to start cardio.

Honestly T3 can be used with Clen achieving great success. I've seen studies where T3 upregulated beta 2 receptors in fat tissue. As you know clenbuterol and similar compounds downregulate this receptor, so using T3 with your clen will help stave off or reverse this downregulation. And since you're using Clen this will benefit you in Fatloss. Both from that little bit of info and from what you already know about T3.

The problem with T3 is what has already been stated previously in this thread. It doesnt discriminate and will go through whatever is has too. Combine that with this very topic of LBM and cadio and you can run into a problem.

Do what has worked for you as I dont have a definite answer on this one. I have used T3 (never above 25mcg) with great success. As of now I"m taking some time off of it and seeing what I can achieve without it. For you Mr. M, I see nothing wrong with what you have done in the past, has always worked. Tweak a few things <<cough>><<cardio>><<cough>> and take it from there buddy.
    LMAO.. I've done well with 3 weeks out cardio. I'm a bit scared of more cardio. I've posted what I looked like i nmy last competition with 3 weeks out cardio. I'll post it here again so you guys can see. OK so maybe i'll take a chance and strech it out to 4 weeks.
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 02-29-2008 at 08:23 AM.

I'll post it here again so you guys can see. OK so maybe i'll take a chance and strech it out to 4 weeks.
    Ment, if you can look like that 3 weeks out diong cardio then by all means keep it up. Everything works differently with everyone. What ever works for you buddy. Looks like you found what works for you so keep it up.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    ive heard about nicotine before the am cardio makes it 50-60% harder to burn fat, something about high insulin levels or stuff like that, if anyone knows anything about this could u post it ??

chest6 is offline Banned
    Why would you want nicotine?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Why would you want nicotine?
    i use moist snuff and if what ive heard is correct then i wont use it before my cardio or might even consider quitting.

Big Bapper is offline Member

WTF are you ranting on about this time. To answer your questions, even though you do not desvere a reply. Do you even take time to read posts before posting yourself you obviously need to learn a lesson in respect something you know nothing about.

You say: What if the body never stops loosing fat ?? Of course it will unless you are the type of body that does not store fat easily, you said yourself the body will always try to keep homeostasis.

You say: What if it never really starts and all the "stubborn" fat wont budge ?? Of course it will. YOUR ON A DIET !!

ALL I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THE BODY WILL AJUST AND TRY TO KEEP HOMEOSATSIS. ITS WHAT KEEPS US ALIVE !! I WAS NOT SAYING START CARIDO, THERMOGENICS, CLEN AND EVERYTHING ELSE 3 WEEKS OUT BUT ADD IN THINGS WHEN THE BODY NEEDS THEM TO KEEP THE FAT COMING OFF OR YES YOU WILL GET STUCK.
    Last edited by Big Bapper; 05-07-2006 at 07:14 AM.

LMAO, I know many Bodybuilding competitors that never do cardio when prepping for a show and I would argue because of there insane fast metabolisms they would probably would loose LBM if they did. Just my opinion.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    That will probably be me. We'll see this time next year.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

WTF are you ranting on about this time.
    , no rant. Difficult to understand ones motive when expressed in text rather then in person.

something you know nothing about.
    Know nothing about? Ouch. Bap, I've been training others for 6 years and have a degree in this field. My W/O partner wins BBing shows on a regular basis and all I do is talk about this stuff all day. To say I know nothing about this is rather intrusive. We all are open to our opinions though buddy..........

I want this to be a good reference tool for the future so I wont clog it up with useless posts.

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    ive heard about nicotine before the am cardio makes it 50-60% harder to burn fat, something about high insulin levels or stuff like that, if anyone knows anything about this could u post it ??
    jayhova do u know anything about this ??

jayhova do u know anything about this ??
    I cant really say I do FB.

I do remember researching a while back on cigarette smoke finding that it actually stimulated Norepinephrine turnover and thermogenesis in adipose tissue. But at the same time Nicotine does cause insulin resistance, that I'm sure of.

So no, I dont have a definite answer. Good topic to research on though.

I cant really say I do FB.

I do remember researching a while back on cigarette smoke finding that it actually stimulated Norepinephrine turnover and thermogenesis in adipose tissue. But at the same time Nicotine does cause insulin resistance, that I'm sure of.

So no, I dont have a definite answer. Good topic to research on though.
    aight thnx bro, then im gonna research this and ill post it when i find some good answers !

im gonna research this and ill post it when i find some good answers !

Nice!!! Start a new thread on it, I'll keep an eye out for it.

, no rant. Difficult to understand ones motive when expressed in text rather then in person.

Know nothing about? Ouch. Bap, I've been training others for 6 years and have a degree in this field. My W/O partner wins BBing shows on a regular basis and all I do is talk about this stuff all day. To say I know nothing about this is rather intrusive. We all are open to our opinions though buddy..........

I want this to be a good reference tool for the future so I wont clog it up with useless posts.
    Know nothing about Respect for other peoples point of view. I have to spell everything out to you dont I, My only motive is to help others. I know you talk about this all day cause you are never off this site and know all your degrees and studies are good for this board because it gives a different point of view, food for thought I like to call it and for a while I was starting to respect that because of your academical knoweledge. But at the end off the day just like you did with the Ansomone thing you are talking and giving advice on things you have never experienced. Just cause it says it in a text book does not make it gospel. Nuff Said.

You seem like the one with no regard to respect Bigbapper.. Take this shit to PM's and quit trashing a good thread.

From my knowledge Jay speaks not only from personal experiences but from many others experiences from ppl who surround him. I'm not quite sure how you got your feelings hurt but bickering like this isn't the way to handle the situation.

(waiting for personal insults upon me now).
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Now Now play nice... you guys are both right. plus everyone has a right to his own opinion. remember what we are talking about here is not FACTS. but a theory. we may never know the answer, there probably is no correct answer. like we all know everyone's different. so its taylored to the individual. Enough on this thread.

I give people the respect they give me.

I give people the respect they give me.
    Bro I know both you guys individually and both you guys are mad cool.. BB I really didnt think Jay meant any harm in anything he said. maybe you misunderstood or mistook his humor for diss.

Maybe MrMent1on, were I come from when someone gives you a sign that means disrespect so if someone disrespects me I wont take it lying down. I WILL NEVER BACK DOWN FROM ANYONE OR ANYTHING IF I BELEIVE I AM RIGHT. IF I AM WRONG I WILL BE THE FIRST TO HOLD MY HANDS UP.

Maybe MrMent1on, were I come from when someone gives you a sign that means disrespect so if someone disrespects me I wont take it lying down. I WILL NEVER BACK DOWN FROM ANYONE OR ANYTHING IF I BELEIVE I AM RIGHT. IF I AM WRONG I WILL BE THE FIRST TO HOLD MY HANDS UP.
    Bro beileve me you just took it the wrong way. That was not at you, but at the statement and not the statement you made either but at the "what if! too much factor" statement bro. Just like he stated bro you cannot get an emotions from text/typed words bro, what happens in a situation like that, people will get the wrong perception.

If thats what you say Mrment1on, No problem I will leave it at that. It will just take a bit of time for me to understand the way things work round here in regards to icons and smiles . You know the guy and his humor I dont. So if you say he was not being disrespectful I will take your word for it, thats good enough for me.

If thats what you say Mrment1on, No problem I will leave it at that. It will just take a bit of time for me to understand the way things work round here in regards to icons and smiles . You know the guy and his humor I dont. So if you say he was not being disrespectful I will take your word for it, thats good enough for me.
    Thanks a lot Bapper for understanding.

Bro beileve me you just took it the wrong way. That was not at you, but at the statement and not the statement you made either but at the "what if! too much factor" statement bro.
    Wow, I didnt even have to write anything you got it all Ment.

Just like he stated bro you cannot get an emotions from text/typed words bro, what happens in a situation like that, people will get the wrong perception.
    Exactly. As I stated earlier its difficult on how to interpret ones take via text.

Hey Bap, remember when you wrote this in Ments thread:
    Hold on now you want to go to his home ??

I think you could have a stalker MrMent1on.
    And

Thats worrying.........Maybe its the long hair that does it for ya Jay. LOL
    That's like me getting all worked up and pissy about it . I never intend to disrespect anyone on this board. Even if it comes at me first there is no sense jacking up postcount doing so (hypothetical situation). Sometimes I see others get all worked up and frustrated and I get a kick out of it. I try to live a stress free life, I know its impossible, that will be the day I get stressed out over a thread.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Wow, I didnt even have to write anything you got it all Ment.

Exactly. As I stated earlier its difficult on how to interpret ones take via text.

Hey Bap, remember when you wrote this in Ments thread:

And

That's like me getting all worked up and pissy about it . I never intend to disrespect anyone on this board. Even if it comes at me first there is no sense jacking up postcount doing so (hypothetical situation). Sometimes I see others get all worked up and frustrated and I get a kick out of it. I try to live a stress free life, I know its impossible, that will be the day I get stressed out over a thread.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
    Well I am sure there is no need for anyone to loose a eye over this. !! LOL.

All the things said in the Mrment1on Thread were only a joke. Really. I was just having a bit of fun so sorry if you thought it was personal. Bro at no stage was I getting stressed or fustrated over this thread. Only when I thought you were calling me a wanker witch means to me dickhead, fool etc. I know now this is not the case. So lets put the whole thing behind us and get back to what this thread is about. At least your prediction that this tread would go for 3 pages came "true" and both of us was a big part of that happening. So you can thank me later. Thanks for the pm you could be right that us Irish are always up for a fight. I will reply in the morning.

All the things said in the Mrment1on Thread were only a joke. Really. I was just having a bit of fun so sorry if you thought it was personal.
    Nah buddy, I knew it was a joke and thats how I took it. No harm done.

Only when I thought you were calling me a wanker
    Aw man I couldnt find the smiley with the little guy on his back kicking his legs laughing. Wanker!?!?!!?! I literally had to stop typing b/c I thought that was so funny. I dont think I've ever heard anyone call someone a wanker. I dont even know what that means . OK OK I have to go man, this is too much. Wanker, LOL. What a funny term Bap.

All due respect, I wasnt calling you a wanker. LOL, I really cant stop laughing over here.

Glad to here it !!

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Cat Fight!! LOL yall chill

chest6 is offline Banned
    I liked the good discusion..got off topic

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I liked the good discusion..got off topic
    Yea it was going dam well. I think it gotten beaten to death though, input ran out.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Meh..I agree. Just seeing if I could squeeze one more out..but yeah I think everything that coulda been covered was covered. This should be stickied somewhere..maybe. Not a direct informative thread as the first post..but the whole thread has some great info

Jakspro is offline Member
    Lets bring this one back to topic....

So there are BBers who dont even include Cardio for the contest prep? and they come out fine? Do they just rely on lowering cals and clen , t3, ECA, juice?

For those who only add cardio till 4-3 weeks out, this is after lowering cals, cleaning things ups, and supps right? This would also mean that during bulking you wouldn't let yourself get to high in BF% in order to get on stage looking decent, correct?

And in that case you would solely rely on a clean bulk achieving only an increase in LBM, right?

Is it then possible to compete without using clen if you only clean bulk and stay with a low BF all year round, and employ cardio before clen to cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro

So there are BBers who dont even include Cardio for the contest prep? and they come out fine? Do they just rely on lowering cals and clen , t3, ECA, juice?

For those who only add cardio till 4-3 weeks out, this is after lowering cals, cleaning things ups, and supps right? This would also mean that during bulking you wouldn't let yourself get to high in BF% in order to get on stage looking decent, correct?

And in that case you would solely rely on a clean bulk achieving only an increase in LBM, right?

Is it then possible to compete without using clen if you only clean bulk and stay with a low BF all year round, and employ cardio before clen to cut?
    BUMP this entire post for those that commented on this.

Great post, bump... I feel this subject has not fully been discussed, I'd like to see more input and experiences on the questions just asked above by current/previous competitors.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by Jakspro

So there are BBers who dont even include Cardio for the contest prep? and they come out fine? Do they just rely on lowering cals and clen, t3, ECA, juice?

Yes, I know Bodybuilders that use this approach.

[/QUOTE]

Yes this would mean being fairly lean in the off season and when the bodyfat stops comeing off, start cardio to give the metabolism a jolt.

[/QUOTE]

Yes well you could trow in a bit a junk in the off season to bulk, this is what I do as I find it hard to bulk on clean cals. But yes mainly clean Bodybuilding food and loads off it.

Is it then possible to compete without using clen if you only clean bulk and stay with a low BF all year round, and employ cardio before clen to cut?[/QUOTE]

Off course, I personally dont like the way clen makes me feel. So the only time I would use it is the last 6 weeks before a show and really have to force myself to take. In other words just deal with the side effects because of the show. I would never use it to cut in the off season.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information