Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    bcap is offline Member
    03/14/06

Hello All.

Update for the morning: I came to school nice and early on an empty stomach and did a quality 45 minutes of cardio. I just finished my oats/whey meal 1, mmm it was so good!

I weighed myself in this morning just for fun and i'm at 194, not too bad considering i had a cheat on Saturday

Anywya, i'm going back to the gym @ 12:00 today to do shoulders, then I have an interview @ 1:30, wish me luck.

Can't wait till thursday to weigh in!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    good luck in your interview...

your determination will take you far!

bcap is offline Member
    Hey

Thanks, just got back from the interview, all went well

I also worked out shoulders like a beast and now i'm super super sore.

I'm eating meal 3 right now, ppwo, rice + veggies + chicken

Keeping yeah updated

bcap is offline Member
    03/15/06

Today, I'm feeling a little, not soo good.

Woke up this morning feeling great, came to the gym, did arms, am going to be doing cardio this afternoon on an empty stomach.

My concern is that, i looked in the mirror this morning, and i know in my mind that I have lost 9 pounds, but in the mirror, I don't notice a difference.

It's been 3 weeks already, at http://www.johnstonefitness.com/, after 3 weeks, the guy loooked like he had dropped 150 pounds he looked terrific. I feel like i ahven't really done much. I guess i'll really see when i compare the photos tomorrow. I'm obviously NOT going to give up and i'm obviously going to stick to it, I guess everyone just runs into roadblocoks whiel on something like this right?

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    remember this is a day to day PROCESS, dont let the perceived OUTCOME dictate the PROCESS. Let the PROCESS dictate the OUTCOME. Forget how someone else looked after they did the diet, we are talking 3 weeks here. Diets always run smooth in the begining and then at some point you run into some glitches, work out the glitches and continue on as you planned, on track, unaffected by where you think you should be or where you want to be, just be persistant and you will always benefit greatly. Goodluck!! : )

bcap is offline Member
    Bojangles, thanks so much for your kind words.

I am sticking with the whole thing, no screwing up, I just need the pics tomorrow to keep me motivated, thats all.

Thanks and hope you will follow along. Can't wait until tomorrow to see updated stats!

The Moose is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    Bojangles, thanks so much for your kind words.

I am sticking with the whole thing, no screwing up, I just need the pics tomorrow to keep me motivated, thats all.

Thanks and hope you will follow along. Can't wait until tomorrow to see updated stats!
    If you feel unmotivated you should pick up an accumeasure body fat caliper, there like $20 from GNC or other supplements stores. I picked one up as they're accurate within 2% of underwater body fat testing, you can use that once a week, at the same time to progress if your losing body fat or lean mass, its an excellent tool to help judge your weekly progress and then you can try changing your macronutrient levels to find what works best for you. I find 45Carbs-35Protein-20Fat (Udo's Oil/Salmon/Flax/Olive Oil Etc.) works the best but only for a weeks at a time and then bump it back up to 50-30-20 and then down again and so on. Also another tip I have is to zig-zag your calories, depending how many you need you shopuld either dip by 20% or if you can go 1000 below for 3 days and then 1 day at normal level and then back down. This way you keep your body guessing and out of starvation mode, burn fut not muscle, this alone should keep your burning 2lbs of fat per week, anymore then that and your probably burning muscle. But remember what they say, if its not broken don't fix it!

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks Moose for the suggestion.

Right now i have one of those little handheld ones. You enter your weight, height, age, sex and then hold your thumb on the sensors and it tells you (apparantly). If you guys don't think this is good enough i can get the calipers, should i do this?

Also, i think just the fact that i cheated this week is getting me down i feel as if i have failed. I don't like eating crappy (althouh i didn't, but i DID drink, which is worse).

Thank god i am back on track now. As far as changing the diet up, Moose. I think i will definetly take you up on that in a few weeks, once fat loss slows down, but at the moment i'm going about 3lbs/week, so, i meal we'll see right

Can't wait until the morning. Thanks for all the help/advice guys!

MrLust is offline New Member

Nice work

Three pounds per week is nothing to shake a stick at - that's above average fat loss, so you're doing pretty darn well. Congratulations on having the guts and willpower to stick to it - doing better than I have thusly

Keep up the good work. Perhaps it will inspire my lazy ass to do better

bcap is offline Member
    Hey thanks so much MrLust

To tell you the truth, I want to be able to inspire people. I would LOVE to even start a program or someothing to keep people motivated, a website, online cmmunity (such as this) or something like that for people with the same goals.

You guys are doing an AMAZING job keeping me motivated and i am on my knees praying for you guys to keep it coming the whole way. I am only @ week 3 and I have 9 more weeks to go, it will only get harder.

But with hard work will come good results, i can't wait until i see myself in 12 weeks.

bcap is offline Member
    Alright guys

Today is the day, as well all know I update my stats/pics every Thursday.

I'll post them and then I want to say a few words about them:

Weight: 192.4
    Height: 71.5
    BMI: 26.45
    Body Fat %: 26.2%
    Waist (Belly Button): 34.5"

Pic for today only:

The 12 Week Transformation-week-3.jpg

Ok now i'd like to say a few words about my stats. First of all, i'm really impressed with my progress as far as weight goes - I have dropped 11 pounds so far in 3 weeks. My waist size is also good, as it has gone down 3.5".

Now, my bf% i don't really like to use this measurement to measure my progress because i'm just using that crappy little handheld thing - and i doubt its too accurate.

As far as pictures go, guys, to tell you the truth I don't see much progress from last week, in fact I'm not seeing much progress at all. Is it just my naive eyes, or am I actually not looking any slimmer? My waist measures slimmer but i don't see it.

Any suggestions/feedback/motivation would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I am going to go for my a.m. cardio, hope to hear from you all soon.

Bryan

Updated pic of my progress:

The 12 Week Transformation-progress.jpg

IronAdam is offline Member
    The lower your BF% gets the more difference you'll see from week to week. You're only 3 weeks in on a 12 week transformation. Have faith and stick to it and you will not be dissapointed in the end.

Great progress thus far, keep up the hard work!

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks Iron, I know that i am only on week 3 - i was just expecting faster PHYSICAL results, thats ok, i know they will come

I'm also NOT on an eca stack - should I be? I was hoping to keep off it, at least until my progress slows down

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    bcap -

I haven't read through your updates in awhile, looks great bro. Wonderful job, it's great to see your dedication really paying off. I will use this thread as a reference to anyone who might need it.

Keep up the good work bro,

Congrats on success thus far,

LAG

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks so much LagMuxle, really appreciate it. Hopefully with the weeks to come, I will see some real drastic changes from the 1st picture

Streaker is offline Member
    Great thread! Keep up the hard work!

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i can totally see your progress bcap! what stands out to me the most is your upper abbies...they're really starting to pop out. as far as BF% goes...if you're a member of a gym, they'll usually do it for free as a "goal assesment." or, if it is a chain gym...they might charge $5-10. either way, it is probably 20x more accurate than one of those accumeasure things (i have one of those myself, and it has been 8-10% off). as far as progress goes, keep it up...you may want to throw one high carb day in once a week, to tweak your metabolism.

bcap is offline Member
    xtinaunasty, thank's for the suggestions. i talked to the guys at my gym and he said he'd do it for 12 weeks for a one time fee of 50 bucks. kinda expensive to me, but since i'm noticing how off the finger one is, i think i just might do it (i'll start next week possibly). also, as for a carb-up day. i was definetly considering this.

how would you suggest i go about it? do i do it on an off day? do all my meals have carbs? what kind of carbs?

thanks for the positive feedback, makes me feel all warm inside

bryan

bcap is offline Member
    03/17/06

Update so far

I did chest this morning, really really REALLY crushed my chest. I've had meal 1, 2(pwo), 3(ppwo) and i'm enjoying meal 4 as we speak. In a few hours i'm going to go for a walk outside (its so nice out!).

Tomorrow i'm going to do legs.

Everything is looking up

Keeping it real, Bryan

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Alright guys

Today is the day, as well all know I update my stats/pics every Thursday.

I'll post them and then I want to say a few words about them:

Weight: 192.4
    Height: 71.5
    BMI: 26.45
    Body Fat %: 26.2%
    Waist (Belly Button): 34.5"

Pic for today only:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Week 3.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	64725

Ok now i'd like to say a few words about my stats. First of all, i'm really impressed with my progress as far as weight goes - I have dropped 11 pounds so far in 3 weeks. My waist size is also good, as it has gone down 3.5".

Now, my bf% i don't really like to use this measurement to measure my progress because i'm just using that crappy little handheld thing - and i doubt its too accurate.

As far as pictures go, guys, to tell you the truth I don't see much progress from last week, in fact I'm not seeing much progress at all. Is it just my naive eyes, or am I actually not looking any slimmer? My waist measures slimmer but i don't see it.

Any suggestions/feedback/motivation would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I am going to go for my a.m. cardio, hope to hear from you all soon.

Bryan

Updated pic of my progress:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Progress.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	64726
    dude ur burnin fat so quit getting discouraged! u look way better in the last pic! i can really see a diff! ur like i am. ive gained 10lbs and dont see a difference but my girl says i look a lot bigger. u will always be ur biggest critique. dont give up. ur doing awesome

bcap is offline Member
    dude ur burnin fat so quit getting discouraged! u look way better in the last pic! i can really see a diff! ur like i am. ive gained 10lbs and dont see a difference but my girl says i look a lot bigger. u will always be ur biggest critique. dont give up. ur doing awesome
    Thanks bro. I know i've always been super super critical of myself. I probably won't see a difference once I have my abs showing!

Thanks for the words of encouragement and I hope that you can follow me along this life-changing decision

Bryan

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Yo Bryan. Just checking in man. Glad to see everything is going well. You can definately see a noticable difference in the pics. Looking good . I'm impressed. Need anything just shoot me a PM. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this will end up for you.

Heyyyy bcap, first time poster on your 12 week transformation page. Im doing the same except its a 7 week cutting transformation period until the last day of school, May 5th. Being in college and cutting is a task let me tell you. But hey Ive given up all alcohol for these next 7 weeks, ironic since its saint patties day ayyy haha. Well I started Monday and I swear I alreay feel and see results. When Monday hits I will post all 7 days of my workouts/eating and hopefully pics (no digi camera =/). Maybe me and you can have a little duel off since were both trying to achieve the same thing. Although I started out at 184.5 and u started a bit higher than me, I think it will be fun. Aright man Im going to continue to check out yours and Ill get mine up Sunday night with my first weigh in monday morning before my cardio. KEEP IT UP BUDDY, the eyes from the girls at the beach this summer will be well worth it!

xtinaunasty, thank's for the suggestions. i talked to the guys at my gym and he said he'd do it for 12 weeks for a one time fee of 50 bucks. kinda expensive to me, but since i'm noticing how off the finger one is, i think i just might do it (i'll start next week possibly). also, as for a carb-up day. i was definetly considering this.

how would you suggest i go about it? do i do it on an off day? do all my meals have carbs? what kind of carbs?

thanks for the positive feedback, makes me feel all warm inside

bryan
    As far as spending $50 to have your body comp done at a gym, save your money, I'm a member of Goodlife they have one of those high tech electronic ones that gives you a printable readout of calorie expenditure, water weight lean mass fat mass etc. Once I bought the accumeasure and learned how to use it consistently (this is key as it did take some time) I found out my body fat was two percent higher as stated by the electronic one. I'm sure if you make an appointment with your doctor or even call a dietician and make an appointment with them they will do it for free, as it takes roughly 5 minutes and it shows you are trying to do something about your health. Another thing, you say you are losing 3lbs per week? Not to sound negative, but you are probably losing muscle mass, its average to lose 1 pound per week for the average person, 2 pounds can be done safely with a very personalized nutrition and exercise regimen, but chances are at 3lbs, 2lbs will be fat and 1 will be muscle, if this is the case losing the 1 lb of muscle will slow down your metabolism as you won't be burning the same amount of calories and you will hit a plateau. You should try cycling your carbs consume low density fibrous carbs towards the end of the day and all your starchy carbs in the morning such as your oatmeal, 3 days lower carbs abd 4th day do a higher carb day to replensih your muscles to precent them from being broken down into glucose, you can even build muscle on this regimen. Also try eating more 'real' foods as a peice of chicken has a higher thermal effect then a protein shake. On average it usually takes 30% of the calories consumed by the chicken just to digest it, as oppose to fats which have the worst thermal effect. I do notice good results in 3 weeks though, your doing a hell of a job, just try and maintain that muscle as best as possible and you'll get even better results!

bcap is offline Member
    Corey - I wish you luck with your cutting program. I also am in university, but am living at home, so i find it a bit easier to manage. As for drinking - yeah it's super hard for me to stopd rinking for 12 weeks as well - i used to be a somewhat heavy drinker (hence the weight!). I'd love to do a duel with you, PM me your email and we'll chat on msn or something!

The Moose - as for your comments about bf%, i think i will definetly look into that. Also, the whole 3 pounds thing. I understand that to you it probably looks like i'm loosing muscle, but heres the thing. About 6 or 7 months ago, I went from 220 down to 180, but then quickly gained that back to where I am now. So I am assuming this first bit of fat/water weight will be easy to take off without losing much muscle - but once i get past that 180 mark, I am not expecting any more than a pound a week. As for the carb days - at the moment, I only consume starchy carbs (oatmeal) in the a.m. and have fibrous veggies at night - broccoli, coliflower, lettuce. I do like your idea of having a carb up day though. I need a better explanation, if you don't mind. Would i merely just have carbs pretty much all day? Have lots of oats? Also, the only whey i have is pwo and i mix a scoop in my pre workout oats, thats it,e verything else is solid food - chicken, sole and tuna.

Thanks for the advice and I'll keep you guys posted - tomorrow a.m. = cardio on empty stomach then later on in the day, weights.

Have a good one guys and thanks again!

Bryan

bcap is offline Member
    03/18/06

Alright ladies and germs - update for the morning.

I got to sleep in this morning, which was good seeming as i was in bed really late - got a good 9 hours of sleep in

When i woke up - GOD DAMN MY CHEST HURT! I've never had this much pain in my chest from a workout before. Wow!

Anyway just thought i'd say that! I've had meal 1 and i'm going to the gym in a few minutes to do legs. I'm going to give cardio a break today - but i am going to go tomorrow morning on an empty stomach.

Everything is going well - i can see myself getting slimmer. Last night i was walking around in just an undershirt - something i would never allow myself to do when i was around people, and i felt good in it, i didn't feel too incredible big. It was then that i noticed that i was doing really well on this and it was then that i first noticed the physical changes.

Anyway thats the update for now i'll keep you posted, thanks again for keeping up with me you have no idea how much it helps!

Bryan

Its not that it looks like your losing muscle, its just that at your body weight and fat percentage everything I've read before on the subject tells me that you would be losing some muscle, but hey if you feel good about you look and feel good doing it, thats all that really matters right? Everyone usually will lose some muscle when on a very strict cutting diet, which for the finishing results in my opinion is worth it. So keep doing it. As for a carb up day, just include a higher percentage carbs in all your meals, instead of say 30% which you may be doing now go as high as 45% or whatever gives the results, play with it a little, you should notice your muscles fill out a bit after that as if you are going 3 days low carbs they will flatten out a bit, its definately my favourite way to cut down. I zig-zag my calories as well and make my carb up day the same day as my high calorie day so you a a little more room with the quantity and quality of what you eat.

bcap is offline Member
    Great - that sounds really good actually. I think i'll go this week normal because this weekend, I am participating in a study @ school where I cannot leave the school for 3 days, I sleep there, I can't bring my own food, I can't exercise or anything, so. I'll still be able to eat healthy(ish) but I can't do any exercise - so i'll count these as kind of a 3 day - cheat (ish) but I think in the end, they might benefit me. Get my body out of the habbit for a few days, know what i mean? Then the week after that when i get back into it, I'll try your method and see how it works out. Thanks a lot for all the advice

Just an update for the later part of the day:

I just got back from the gym, I did legs, and holy shit. I've never hurt this bad after legs. I could barely walk down the stairs into my bedroom - I'll be really hurting tomorrow.

No pain, no gain tho right?

Keeping yeah updated
    Bryan

kaorialfred is offline Member
    one thing, em.........................

your doing good and it shows in your pictures

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks dude.

Today - I woke up and WOW my legs hurt so incredibly much. I could barely walk up the stairs. I think i'm going to have to give cardio a break for today, I definetly can't walk for 45 minutes. I will go to the gym though and do back today.

I sooo can't wait until Thursday, I'm feeling great about my progress.

Bryan

the_experiment is offline New Member
    Hey Bryan,
    keep up the good work. way to stay on your program.
    your post inspired me to make one too.
    i have more to lose than you.

LAGMuXle is offline Member
    Thanks dude.

Today - I woke up and WOW my legs hurt so incredibly much. I could barely walk up the stairs. I think i'm going to have to give cardio a break for today, I definetly can't walk for 45 minutes. I will go to the gym though and do back today.

I sooo can't wait until Thursday, I'm feeling great about my progress.

Bryan

I feel iIt's good for you to take a day off from cardio once in awhile, I do after legs every few weeks; or depending on how sore my legs are. I feel that they need time to recover properly, and in your case; if you are doing intense "power" walking - you may prolong their repair.

You sound like you are doing excellent. Keep up the motivation Bryan, excellent job so far.

Regards,

LAG

bcap is offline Member
    Thanks bro.

But remember, without any of you guys here keeping me motivated and keeping the positive feedback coming, I would have given up weeks ago - much like I have with any other program I've tried. You have no idea how much all your kind words mean to me.

Thanks so much and keep it coming!

Bryan

sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink

Keep up the great work bro.

You are on the right track.

I will start training again this summer after a long layoff, got some serious bodyfat to get rid off myself.

I am gonna look into your diet cause it great and damn it try to keep my discipline this time, i dont have problem with training but eating HA.

Got myself some superdrol 5 bottles of it, Stimulant X, PCT and San Vault.

I guess by building some muscle mass from this it will be easier to lose my gut and build a more muscular body.
    Last edited by sonar1234; 05-10-2006 at 07:27 PM.

bcap is offline Member
    Good job bro, way to start something serious here. You should do it along side each other so we can compare measurements and progress.

p.s. I have the same boxers as you

bcap is offline Member
    Update for the day

Just got back from the gym, did back, really hurting at the moment. I have a question though - lately (over the past 3 1/2 weeks) I haven't had ANY carbs past like 2 in the afternoon, but i know that i have to have my ppwo meal - probably oats and some chicken, is it ok to have this at like 9:00 at night?

I dont wnat to make any negative progress :S

Thanks

Bryan

Wink

Good job bro, way to start something serious here. You should do it along side each other so we can compare measurements and progress.

p.s. I have the same boxers as you

LOL yeah i bought a tone of theses cause they are cheap and look cool LOL

Wink

Update for the day

Just got back from the gym, did back, really hurting at the moment. I have a question though - lately (over the past 3 1/2 weeks) I haven't had ANY carbs past like 2 in the afternoon, but i know that i have to have my ppwo meal - probably oats and some chicken, is it ok to have this at like 9:00 at night?

I dont wnat to make any negative progress :S

Thanks

Bryan
    Back in 2002 i lost 231 pounds doing the CKD, i add back pain has i still do today but didnt quit know i add posture problem that i am working on.

I will never low carb again but i can tell you that what you want to eat at 9pm is so clean and low glycemic that it will not put you off track, you have trained you depleted muscles glycogen and you are just gonna fill in the gap.

Liver takes in 50g of glycogen when this is empty its a free ride for the rest.

Her are some pics taken back in 2002 of me at 231 pounds and 4 months later at 194 pounds, i used to swim 5 times per week did not weight training.

Of course i got fatter cause i ate crap but this is gonna change this summer.
    Last edited by sonar1234; 05-10-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Since i was in ketosis most of the time i never could shake the damn dizziness, foggy feeling.

This is why i am gonna go with a low glycemic diet this time around.

bcap is offline Member
    Makes sense. Thanks for the advice on the carbs too - i enjoyed a nice 1 cup of oats

Your pics look impressive - looked like you knocked quite a bit of weight off, good luck doign it again (2nd times always easier, right?)

Bryan

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread Information