Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Slaiv is offline Banned

I'M HUNGRY and its past 11pm!! Help!

*sigh*

well i get really really hungry late night (who doesnt!)

and right now im having trouble sleeping, so of course im browsing the web and what not, but im also hungry as heck!!

now this ISNT the first time it happens, it happens to me everynight, and i usually drink ALOT of water to fill me up, but man, its just not doing it anymore :'(

im on a cutting diet, eat 5-6 times a day, small meals in small amounts, got a great diet, i have already lost 13lbs (im 178lbs) and my bf% is at 26% from a whopping 32% !!

thanks !!!

i usually dont eat ANYTHING after 9pm, i end my day with a thick peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread with a delicious fresh banana and MAAAAN im stuffed for the night !!!

BUT !! .... its 2am right now :'( and i am STARVING !!

keep in mind im on a cutting diet, i want to slim and slim down ALOT, i just finished my Test E cycle and im loving my new body!! its what ive always dreamed, but not fully just yet, still need to lose fat

is there anything i can eat at THIS hour where it wont mess me up, u know give me fat, or put sugar in my blood, or you know just not help me get the physique im wanting

i was thinking eat fruits? but is the sugar at this hour ok?

how about some Wheat Thins Reduced Fat or some Mixed nuts? but wont that be too much to digest at this hour THUS causing fat? Rice cakes maybe? or too much carbs?

help me plz... im hungry, and i wanna be skinny... if there is anything i can do, plz tell me, if not, so be it, its not a problem, ill hold it out.... but i really hope there is a solution to this....

thanks everyone in advance again!!

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm…. Doughnuts! Just Kidding I usually have a glass of chamomile tea or sometimes I will eat those 10 calorie diet popsicles or sometimes I go for the doughnuts, but don’t listen to me. I’m a fat a$$. I hope this helps to some degree anyway.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    10 calorie diet popsicles?!

doesnt that have like ALOT of sugar?!

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv
    i usually dont eat ANYTHING after 9pm, i end my day with a thick peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat bread with a delicious fresh banana and MAAAAN im stuffed for the night !!!

keep in mind im on a cutting diet, i want to slim and slim down ALOT,
    I'm by no means a diet guru but that does not sound ideal to me if you are cutting...

Slaiv is offline Banned
    peanut butter sandwich isnt a good idea? why not?

peanut butter is a slow digesting proteins, PLUS, there light, easy to absorb and great fuel for the body, why wouldnt that be good for cutting?

please tell me!! im having second thoughts about my favorite nighttime meal :'(

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    peanut butter sandwich isnt a good idea? why not?

peanut butter is a slow digesting proteins, PLUS, there light, easy to absorb and great fuel for the body, why wouldnt that be good for cutting?

please tell me!! im having second thoughts about my favorite nighttime meal :'(
    Peanut butter alone isnt the worst choice when it comes to your late night hunger, but you need to keep in mind that it still comes with some sugar.

The sandwich is not good for cutting because it important to minimize mixing carbs and fat within the same meal, especially late at night and def while cutting. Secondly, carbs that late probably shouldnt be your last meal. A good protein/fat meal would be superior. Get some good casein like cottage, and some healthy fats (or at worst just fat) and stay within your calorie limit. Fuel like that is not what you need at night while cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    Peanut butter alone isnt the worst choice when it comes to your late night hunger, but you need to keep in mind that it still comes with some sugar.

The sandwich is not good for cutting because it important to minimize mixing carbs and fat within the same meal, especially late at night and def while cutting. Secondly, carbs that late probably shouldnt be your last meal. A good protein/fat meal would be superior. Get some good casein like cottage, and some healthy fats (or at worst just fat) and stay within your calorie limit. Fuel like that is not what you need at night while cutting.
    Yup, and also the banana is loaded with sugar, also is what you guys call "jelly" the same as what we in the UK call "jam"? i.e. a fruit preserve whos 2 ingredients are basically fruit & refined sugar or are you referring to some sugar free alternative?

Either way like BWhitaker says you're combining fats and carbs which is not ideal when cutting as the carbs raise BG causing the pancreas to release insulin which then stores that fats. Alos consuming carbs before bed is not a great idea IMO - opinions vary on this issue, some say that so long as it is still within your daily macros then it is OK but personally I would rather avoid it, for one thing elevated BG levels can block your natty nighttime release of GH so better to stick with a pro/fat meal at bedtime.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    lose the sanwich it is crap.

Your last meal should be timed with bedtime. If you are aslleep then you wont feel hungry.

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    casein ... cottage cheese

Slaiv is offline Banned
    casein?

can i just eat some mixed nuts instead with cottage cheese?

and should i eat my peanut butter sandwhich in the morning then? you know, breakfast?

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    casein ... cottage cheese
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein

whoaaa........ Casein doesnt sound safe

JC2007 is offline Associate Member
    casein?

can i just eat some mixed nuts instead with cottage cheese?

and should i eat my peanut butter sandwhich in the morning then? you know, breakfast?
    **** the PB sandwich, get it out of your head.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    awww.... no more peanut butter sandwhiches :'(

fine :'(

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001

Your last meal should be timed with bedtime. If you are aslleep then you wont feel hungry.

Amen. Your 6th or 7th meal of the day should be right before getting in bed! For me, it's a pro/fat meal.

777rocky777 is offline New Member
    eat some low fat yogurt

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker

Thats exactly what I eat Peanut butter and a liter of water

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    i just had a little of my left over steak. it was cold but it was steak... mmmm

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    have a shake, and some natty butter...

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rocky777
    eat some low fat yogurt
    some yogurt ?!?!!?

OK !! BUT.... isnt that dairy?

for a cutting diet, everyone says stay away from dairy

so yogurt is ok for a cutting diet late night snack?

Slaiv is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwaytbaby
    have a shake, and some natty butter...
    and you.... natty butter meaning peanut butter?!

but there was like 2 guys that posted above saying no peanut butter for a cutting diet, especially late at night

why do u say yes to it? the protein shake i can understand, but the peanut butter? why?

no carbs, great efa's, and helps slow digestion down over nite.i eat it every night...

Slaiv is offline Banned
    but read the above posts :'(

JC2007

**** the PB sandwich, get it out of your head.

PerfectBeast2001

BWhitaker

NotSmall

I'm by no means a diet guru but that does not sound ideal to me if you are cutting...

5 ppl have said no to peanut butter.... but you say yes.

im on a cutting cycle, you sure its ok?

yes... i did not suggest the sandwitch, just 2 table spoons of natty, and a whey shake. no carbs, and this will hold you over...a simple pro/fat meal...

Slaiv is offline Banned
    2 tablespoons?

hmmm..... can i have just 1 slice of wheat bread? or no, 2 spoons of peanut butter and a shake?

It's not the peanut butter that was the problem (provided its natty PB) it was the bread, jelly and banana with it that was the issue.

Post your whole diet up in the diet forum and let the boys in there tear it apart for you, I'm guessing it could all do with some work.

dude ok, ok if you really need bread drive down to an organic store and buy some sprouted grain bread, and have at it...and i would love to see this diet as well.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    its fine to have peanut butter as it is a good fat source. You should combine it with a lean protein source before bed.
    I cannot believe you are worried about eating dairy but you were eating pb and jelly sanwiches!!
    Rule No 1 while cutting - if it tastes real good you are not allowed it!

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein

whoaaa........ Casein doesnt sound safe

Slaiv is offline Banned
    thanks foir all the help everyone, im def. taking all this into consideration!!

domeyeahaigh is offline Senior Member
    this is a funny thread, i am on a cutting diet and i will eat 1 peanut butter sandwich in the morning after my 45 min of cardio, i do not see a problem with it and it seems to do me okay. natural peanut butter is good if you look you can even get the organic which will have less sodium...dairy just keep low fat skim milk, low no fat yogurt, low no fat cheese...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i think its funny that he thinks a 10 CALORIE snack is FULL of sugar... a whole 2 g's.

roundkick is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by christopherallen
    this is a funny thread, i am on a cutting diet and i will eat 1 peanut butter sandwich in the morning after my 45 min of cardio, i do not see a problem with it and it seems to do me okay. natural peanut butter is good if you look you can even get the organic which will have less sodium...dairy just keep low fat skim milk, low no fat yogurt, low no fat cheese...
    im pretty sure its the processed sugar in most dairy products that many who are cutting chose to stay away from, and not necessarily the fat.

slaiv, im surprised no one else said it, but it seems like you really havent put the research into dieting.. without the right knowledge and a sound diet it probably was not a good idea to be doing a test enth cycle. just my .02 man, gather the knowledge before you hit the gear again.
    Last edited by roundkick; 08-02-2007 at 07:43 PM.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    i think its funny that he thinks a 10 CALORIE snack is FULL of sugar... a whole 2 g's.

whoa whoa... put it down buddy... walk away... you will get a huge sugar rush with that...

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I'm suprised nobody mentioned brocolli. If I get the midnight munchies I heat up a couple cups of frozen broccoli.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    if i were to fail with my diet and not eat before bed and then get the midnight munchies...

i'd drink a glass of water and suck it up.

ZiOh6 is offline Junior Member
    I snack on baby spinach leaves on my midnight cravings.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    wow thats crazy what there sayin about casein haha

Slaiv is offline Banned
    go to wkipedia and type in casein and this is what comes up after the first paragraph descr. what it is

[edit] Health issues

[edit] Possible Cancer Link
    Casein has been implicated very strongly as a carcinogenic compound according to The China Study by T. Colin Campbell. Also mentioned is the incidence of higher cancer rates in countries that consume more dairy products, specifically cheese, which has more than 10 times the casein density of milk. The book overviews many previous studies of the effects of animal fats, and builds a stong case for the possibility of a correlation between a diet containing excessive amounts of fat and the development of cancer. The authors admit freely that the book is controversial, but maintain that they are only presenting the conclusions of the studies. [1] [2] Others have noted that the studies discussed in the The China Study do not conclude what Campbell claims and caution, "Campbell consistently presents only half the story -- at best -- through the duration of the book." [3]

ok, so now what THAT all about?!

eacman65 is offline Member
    slaiv it seems like everytime you ask 4 help you wanna contradict all the feedback

Slaiv is offline Banned
    no no im sorry, i dont mean to contradict, but im just saying how is all this possible when all the facts and researches and statements tend to say otherwise?

thats all.... when i get someone giving me advice, i wanna make sure it will be good, so i show them the problem to what they say and im hoping they can prove it wrong.... but right now, all ppl say is casein is a slow digesting protein so eat it !! but in wikipedia they say its a carcinogen....

wassup with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information