Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    PB, you are my hero! I had no clue how many easy improvements there were to make. I'll be sure to advertise for you on here when I notice the difference. I seriously would have a paid a few bucks for that critique.

That knowledge is worth $$$$ imo.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    LOL glad i could help mate. Diet is a real bug bear with me. I hate seeing people hit it hard in the gym and then get no results. With a few easy changes it can make all the difference.

nissantech is offline New Member

critique please new to this

Just for some Info im endomorphic i gain weight drinking water =D I do 30 min of cardio after my workout, so i put 25g of simple carb after workout to replenish my bodies glucose, also 25g of complex pre workout to give energy throughout my session. I'm only intaking 100g of carb in a day because im trying to loose some fat in the process. but im taking around 1-1.5 g of protein per pound of mass im around 200lbs.Please give me your best ideas im really trying to commit to this, and if i do i need to know its going to work. I have the determination i just need a good plan of attack

6am- Oats 50g Complex Carb/Egg whites 25g Protein

8am- Whey 40g Protein

10am- Chicken-Turkey 40g Protein/Fibrous Carbs

12pm- Fish 40g Protein/Fibrous Carbs

2pm- Cottage Cheese 40g Protein

4pm- Beef 40g Protein/ Fibrous Carbs

6pm- Pre-Workout-Chicken-Turkey 40g Protein/Potatoe 25g Complex Carb

-Workout

8pm- Post-Workout-Whey 40g Protein/Banana 25g Simple carb

aer_vlad is offline Junior Member
    **edit**
    Last edited by aer_vlad; 08-21-2011 at 09:13 PM.

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    Hey buddy i would say your cals are starting way too low. Add in the carbs and EFAs i have listed and then after three weeks think about lowering carbs slightly. Do more cardio if needs be. You dont want to waste muscle after its taken so long to build it mate.
    Thanks a lot PB. I will do my best to follow your advice.

Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by nissantech View Post
    Just for some Info im endomorphic i gain weight drinking water =D I do 30 min of cardio after my workout, so i put 25g of simple carb after workout to replenish my bodies glucose, also 25g of complex pre workout to give energy throughout my session. I'm only intaking 100g of carb in a day because im trying to loose some fat in the process. but im taking around 1-1.5 g of protein per pound of mass im around 200lbs.Please give me your best ideas im really trying to commit to this, and if i do i need to know its going to work. I have the determination i just need a good plan of attack

6am- Oats 50g Complex Carb/Egg whites 25g Protein

8am- Whey 40g Protein

10am- Chicken-Turkey 40g Protein/Fibrous Carbs

12pm- Fish 40g Protein/Fibrous Carbs

2pm- Cottage Cheese 40g Protein

4pm- Beef 40g Protein/ Fibrous Carbs

6pm- Pre-Workout-Chicken-Turkey 40g Protein/Potatoe 25g Complex Carb

-Workout

8pm- Post-Workout-Whey 40g Protein/Banana 25g Simple carb
    I am an endomorph too. I am very sensitive to simple carbs. Check out the link to bodybuilding.com transformations in my profile for proof!!
    Anyhow i really do not like the diet you have outlayed allthough i can understand your reason for thinking it will work well.
    the body fights against fatloss. The key to losing fat is too encourage the body to burn fat. Fat loss is not only controlled by calorie defecit there are many other factors. If you commence a diet this low in carbs and calories then you will burn fat like crazy for the first couple of weeks. Then the fat loss will start to slow. Normally at this point in a well planned cutting diet you could restrict carbs/cals slightly to kick start the fat loss again. With this diet that wont be an option. You are already at base levels here and any further cuts to diet will IMO result in muscle loss (if it isnt already). I would need to know your height, age, waistline, so we can come up with a maintenance calorie figure. From there a diet can be constructed where we can trim it every 2-3 weeks to keep the fat loss going. The diet listed is lacking in EFAs which will again hinder fat loss. The carbs for PWO and in total are simply not enough to remain anabolic . Carbs are not bad they just need to be timed correctly.
    Fat loss is a marathon not a sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by aer_vlad View Post
    Thanks for the help Beast. I appreciate it.

Another question:

I was looking through your diet you posted in GGallin's thread and you seem to not have much fruit. Just wondered why? I usually have a bowl of fruit in the morning...do I need to eat fruit by itself or eat it with carbs and/or fats? What amount of fruit should I try to eat and when?

Thanks!
    I have advised Gallin to eat fruit if he feels like it but avoid fruits high in glucose (tropical types, bananas). Cherries and berries are good as they contain mostly fructose and are low in cals. Fructose does not provoke an insulin response. It does however top up liver glycogen. when this is topped up too much then the excess is turned to fat. Very difficult to get enough fructose in fruit to have this effect but just think about the soda industry and the increase in child hood obesity to see how high fructose content can **** you up.

Bump

Crip is offline New Member
    I was wondering if you'd be able to help me set up a diet to loose weight and tone up. I currently have absolutely no diet or scheduled times to eat, which leads to me over-eating at times, and snacking throughout the day. I sit in a cubicle for about 8-10 hours every day. I just got a gym membership and started running this morning. After work tonite I'm going to head back to lift and do a little more cardio.

I am 33, am just over six feet tall and weigh 255 pounds. Most of it is from drinking on the weekends. I drink a lot when I go out, and I mean a lot. Usually two beers to everyone else's one beer. I am quitting the drinking, which isn't a big deal for me to do. I'd rather spend that money on something else anyways.

I also decided to give up the junk food and snacks. I have replaced the junk food in my house with veggies and fruit to help fight the temptations. I like eating tuna and chicken breasts, and have started eating them today (trying to starting eating better).

Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to be able to see my abs again by my birthday (June 4th). I used to be in amazing shape when I was younger, but really let myself go in my mid twenties. I'd like to be confident enough to walk around with my shirt off this summer.

I also want to add that I don't have a whole lot of money for supplements/vitamins right now. My wife is in school full time and not working much, so I am pretty much supporting our family until she graduates in May. I have vitamin C and whey protein. I am going to pick up some multivitamins, and really want tp give clen a try.
    Last edited by Crip; 03-10-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added more info

Quote Originally Posted by Crip View Post
    I was wondering if you'd be able to help me set up a diet to loose weight and tone up. I currently have absolutely no diet or scheduled times to eat, which leads to me over-eating at times, and snacking throughout the day. I sit in a cubicle for about 8-10 hours every day. I just got a gym membership and started running this morning. After work tonite I'm going to head back to lift and do a little more cardio.

I am 33, am just over six feet tall and weigh 255 pounds. Most of it is from drinking on the weekends. I drink a lot when I go out, and I mean a lot. Usually two beers to everyone else's one beer. I am quitting the drinking, which isn't a big deal for me to do. I'd rather spend that money on something else anyways.

I also decided to give up the junk food and snacks. I have replaced the junk food in my house with veggies and fruit to help fight the temptations. I like eating tuna and chicken breasts, and have started eating them today (trying to starting eating better).

Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to be able to see my abs again by my birthday (June 4th). I used to be in amazing shape when I was younger, but really let myself go in my mid twenties. I'd like to be confident enough to walk around with my shirt off this summer.

I also want to add that I don't have a whole lot of money for supplements/vitamins right now. My wife is in school full time and not working much, so I am pretty much supporting our family until she graduates in May. I have vitamin C and whey protein. I am going to pick up some multivitamins, and really want tp give clen a try.
    Hey buddy. Yes I would be happy to help you. Sounds like you have made a great start by kicking the booze and stocking up on decent nutritios food. Can you give me your waist size so i can work out your maintenace calories. Also are there any foods you dislike? What time of day do you train? What time do you get up? What time to bed?
    From an exercise point of view I would focus on cardio at the moment. Keep it low intensity but aim to do as long as you can. Keep your heart rate around 130. The cross trainer is good for this. Running is difficult to keep low intensity due to its demanding nature. When you have high body fat you must encourage the body to start burning fat for fuel. This is why we stick to low intensity. If you increase the pace the body will be so taxed it will start using glycogen which will in turn cause a sugar low. This is why many overweight people find exercise unpleasant as they feel sick or faint.
    Do the cardio on an empty stomach in the morning then go back and eat your breakfast. Also can be done after lifting as glycogen stores are low then too. You might want to start with a full body workout focusing on the main lifts say 3 times a week just to get you into the swing of things. After a while it will be time to split the routine so we can focus more on muscular development.

My waist is exactly 44 inches. Pretty scary to think about when I used to wear a size 32 pants. The only foods I really don't care for are cottage cheese, broccoli and caul***ower. Also, I had a salad and a salmon fillet sprinkled with a tad of garlic powder. I want to know if the garlic powder is ok? If you need a pic let me know. I'm embarrassed, but if it will help you I'll take one. Thanks again for everything. I don't want to go into trying to diet and getting it all wrong. Your help is very much appreciated.

I get up at 6:00am and go jogging for about 30 minutes. My lower back burns really bad after about 3/4 of a mile. I work out after work, which depends. Some days I work late (till 9:00pm). I usually work out/cardio for an hour. I try to be in bed by 11:00pm. I had a salmon fillet with my dinner tonite and sprinkled a tiny bit of garlic powder. Is that ok, or should I use something else to season it with?
    Last edited by Crip; 03-10-2008 at 06:09 PM.

nissantech is offline New Member
    I am an endomorph too. I am very sensitive to simple carbs. Check out the link to bodybuilding.com transformations in my profile for proof!!
    Anyhow i really do not like the diet you have outlayed allthough i can understand your reason for thinking it will work well.
    the body fights against fatloss. The key to losing fat is too encourage the body to burn fat. Fat loss is not only controlled by calorie defecit there are many other factors. If you commence a diet this low in carbs and calories then you will burn fat like crazy for the first couple of weeks. Then the fat loss will start to slow. Normally at this point in a well planned cutting diet you could restrict carbs/cals slightly to kick start the fat loss again. With this diet that wont be an option. You are already at base levels here and any further cuts to diet will IMO result in muscle loss (if it isnt already). I would need to know your height, age, waistline, so we can come up with a maintenance calorie figure. From there a diet can be constructed where we can trim it every 2-3 weeks to keep the fat loss going. The diet listed is lacking in EFAs which will again hinder fat loss. The carbs for PWO and in total are simply not enough to remain anabolic . Carbs are not bad they just need to be timed correctly.
    Fat loss is a marathon not a sprint.
    Hey PB im 20 years old 5'9 and waist is around a 38 wei***ng 230lbs. Ive been working out in the gym for about 6 months ive lost alot of weight over a year i use to weigh about 285. now i want to shape my body build muscle. I'm really intrigued by bodybuilding. so if you could guide me to make a good diet plan i would appreciate it im just lost kind of im new to diets. I'm pretty active during the day im a mechanic so i do lots of walking and lifting and what not through out the day.

**edit**
    Last edited by aer_vlad; 08-21-2011 at 09:12 PM.

jethro1 is offline Associate Member
    Nice thread beast! I've been eating about 3,200 calories each day. I'm seeing decent gains, but thinking more is possible with a higher calorie intake.

Stats:

31 YO
    6'2''
    228lbs
    13% bf

I train hard and heavy, mon,tue,thur,fri. I take off wed and the weekend. I do 45 minutes of moderate cardio on treadmill directly after my workouts. Looking to put on more muscle with minimum fat gain. Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Crip View Post
    My waist is exactly 44 inches. Pretty scary to think about when I used to wear a size 32 pants. The only foods I really don't care for are cottage cheese, broccoli and caul***ower. Also, I had a salad and a salmon fillet sprinkled with a tad of garlic powder. I want to know if the garlic powder is ok? If you need a pic let me know. I'm embarrassed, but if it will help you I'll take one. Thanks again for everything. I don't want to go into trying to diet and getting it all wrong. Your help is very much appreciated.

I get up at 6:00am and go jogging for about 30 minutes. My lower back burns really bad after about 3/4 of a mile. I work out after work, which depends. Some days I work late (till 9:00pm). I usually work out/cardio for an hour. I try to be in bed by 11:00pm. I had a salmon fillet with my dinner tonite and sprinkled a tiny bit of garlic powder. Is that ok, or should I use something else to season it with?
    Ok well garlic powder is fine. Looking at your maintenance cals we would be shooting for around 3K per day.

Luckily i Have a couple of cutting diets I used last year that would fit your needs. The first would be a good place for you to start as it will get you used to eating at the correct times and you will be at maintenance calories. It should in theory be possible to burn a little fat and add some lean mass over 3-4 weeks.
    Obviously if you workout at a different time to me then simply move the PWO and PPWO meals to after your workout, PM me if you have any trouble working it out!

Meal 1 - 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat5), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 485, carbs 53 pro 50, Fat 6.5
    WORKOUT

PWO - 2 scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3), WMS 80g (cal280 carb68) TOTALS – Cal519, carbs73, pro58 fat 3

PPWO - Tuna 1/2 tin (cal 72,carb0 pro15 ), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat4) 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5) TOTALS – cal480 carbs53 pro50 fat5.5

meal 4 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Coconut Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 5 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Flax Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 6 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) hemp Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Before Bed – Lean Mince200g (cal328 pro51 fat12) TOTALS cal328 pro51 fat12

DAILY TOTAL Cal 2928Carbs 179 Protein 360 fat 68.5

Each chicken meal served with a handful of fibrous green veg bringing carbs to approx 200g per day in total.

Quote Originally Posted by nissantech View Post
    Hey PB im 20 years old 5'9 and waist is around a 38 wei***ng 230lbs. Ive been working out in the gym for about 6 months ive lost alot of weight over a year i use to weigh about 285. now i want to shape my body build muscle. I'm really intrigued by bodybuilding. so if you could guide me to make a good diet plan i would appreciate it im just lost kind of im new to diets. I'm pretty active during the day im a mechanic so i do lots of walking and lifting and what not through out the day.
    try the diet i have suggested for crip for 4 weeks. get back to me with some input after that.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro1 View Post
    Nice thread beast! I've been eating about 3,200 calories each day. I'm seeing decent gains, but thinking more is possible with a higher calorie intake.

Stats:

31 YO
    6'2''
    228lbs
    13% bf

I train hard and heavy, mon,tue,thur,fri. I take off wed and the weekend. I do 45 minutes of moderate cardio on treadmill directly after my workouts. Looking to put on more muscle with minimum fat gain. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Sorry mate but this is for 18-21 yr olds!!
    If you are seeing decent gains then your doing something right. worry about it when you stop seeing the gains - then it is time to increase cals or change diet. You may also consider re working out your maintenance cals. if you have increased your lean mass then calorific demands will be higher anyway.

PerfectBeast - do you think it is necessary to drink a protein shake in the middle of the night? I wake up around 2:30-3:00 to go to the bathroom, and I could chug a protein shake then. I've read where some people are all about it and think it is very important. I've also read that when you sleep, your body's metabolism slows and drinking a protein shake isn't necessarily good, exspecially if your trying to sleep. Or should I save the shake for right when I wake up? Thanks!
    Drink casein based shake when you get up for a pee! dont set your alarm or anything but if you happen to get up then drink one. It is very beneficial during a catabolic time for the body but not enough to force yourself awake every night.

Thanks perfectbeast. I'm going to head to the store tomorrow and stock up on everything. I'll take pics weekly to see if I can see the transformation taking effect.

Bump

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    only about 15g daily mate. i just use it (1 desert spoon) to cook the days chicken portions with. I use it as my main sat fat source and try to keep other sats as low as possible in other meals.
    Great thread. Hey bro what is the reason for saturated fat ie: coconut oil in the diet? I thought sat fat is bad fat. Does it help with the body to use for manufacturing hormones? Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by ecto9; 03-13-2008 at 04:57 PM.

**edit**
    Last edited by aer_vlad; 08-21-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecto9 View Post
    Great thread. Hey bro what is the reason for saturated fat ie: coconut oil in the diet? I thought sat fat is bad fat. Does it help with the body to use for manufacturing hormones? Thanks in advance...
    Sat fat is not "bad" that is simply the usual government knee jerk reaction to obesity where they attempt to deliver a one word solution. Sat fat is very important. It is invloved in the production of hormones including testoserone. As long as you dont over do it then its fine. People who develop problems from high sat fat diets are the kind of people who are eating mcdonalds for there lunch and dinner. On a BBs diet it shouldnt be a concern considering the ammount of lean protein we intake sat fat is kept to safe levels.

PerfectBeast:

Here is my current diet (in the making). I have not calculated the macros (I apologize, I'm swamped with school work), but it'll give you a rough idea. I was hoping you could fix some obvious mistakes without the numbers. I can fix it accordingly and then figure out the macros. I have posted some thoughts within the diet.

My current stats:
    > Age: 19 yrs
    > Weight: 185lbs
    > Height: 6'1''
    > Bodyfat: approx. 9%
    > Years lifting: appox. 3¾ yrs

[0550]
    Wake Up:
    o 24g whey protein shake

[0620]
    Meal 1:
    o 4-5 low cholesterol scrambled eggs I would leave out all the yolks here and make this a pro/carb meal.
    o 1 boiled egg (includes yolk), 2 egg white
    o 1 pint 2% reduced fat milk
    o 1 cup rolled oats
    o 1/2 cup fruit: cantaloupe, honeydew, pears, peaches etc.
    do I need more carbs here? what should my ratio be here in terms of carbs to fat? shoot for about 40g pro and 80-100g carbs keep fat to a minimum due to high carb intake

[0830]
    Meal 2:
    o 1½ tbsp natural peanut butter
    o 8oz 4% milk fat cottage cheese
    o 1 pint 2% reduced fat milk
    this meal is usually before I head to classes...I figured the high fat content would keep me over until meal 3 ok

[1155]
    Meal 3:
    o 2 chicken breasts (175g breasts)
    o ¾ cup vegetables (broccoli, caul***ower, green beans, corn, spinach)
    o 1 pint 2% milk
    do I need (complex) carbs here? No as you are taking fast acting carbs pre WO. I would add some ***** 3 fat here. a desert spoon of flax would do it.

[1400]
    Pre-Workout:
    o 24g whey protein shake
    o 35g WMS Shake

[1545]
    Post-Workout:
    o 24g whey protein shake
    o 23g casein shake (if not, 2 scoops whey)
    o 75g WMS shake

[1630]
    Meal 4:
    o 1 can chunk light tuna
    o 1 pint 2% reduced fat milk drop the milk and add some complex carbs here (about 60g)

[1800]
    Meal 5:
    o 2 chicken breasts (175g breast)
    o ¾ cup vegetables (broccoli, caul***ower, green beans, corn, spinach)
    o 1 pint 2% milk
    I'm drinking 4-5 pints of milk a day. could this be too much? IMO yes, milk is low in its natural enzymes since the patuerisation process. It puts a lot of stress on the digestive system as it lacks in Lactase which breaks down other elements of the milk. If you could get fresh non patuerised then that would be great. if not then limit intake to 1-2 pints.

[2130]
    Meal 6:
    o 10oz 4% milk fat cottage cheese
    o 1½ tbsp natural peanut butter have some mixed nuts unsalted or flax here.
    o 24g whey protein shake casein or more cottage cheese, whey is useless for bedtime
    I may drink a 23g Casein protein shake sometime in the night instead of the whey protein shake here. I always wake up to go to the bathroom anyways.

Other:
    Throughout the day, I drink probably around 1.5 gallons of water. I tend to use the bathroom every other hour. I take a good multi-vitamin and fish oil capsules 3 times a day. Overall, I think I need more carbs. Somtimes I'll cram down 3 chicken breasts at lunch and dinner.

Thanks for your time!!
    Diet looks ok in layout. I have made a couple of suggestions. Let me know how you get on.

ToonPaul is offline Junior Member
    Hey Beast do you reckon 2 weetabix as well as a banana and protein PWO would be any good?

I only say because some people have oats PWO so complex carbs aren't a no and simple are obviously beneficial PWO, weetabix seems to be a decent combo of both, and tastes pretty nice.

Cheers.

Btw don't know if you remember giving me some diet help a while ago but seeing some good clean gains!

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Pb My stats are: 49yr - 6'1" - 180lbs - 34" Waist - 40" Chest - 12%bf - Lifting 4yr - Also I brisk walk 5-10 miles/wk

My first inj. cycle will be: 250 -500mg test wk X 12wks Prob go with 250, undecided at this point.

Currently I'm following the 60 - 30 - 10 ratio of: CHO - Pr - Fat. 2200-2700 Cal/day (prone to belly fat!)

My question to you is: How should my diet adjust while being on cycle?

Goals: Put on 10lbs LBM after all said and done. Never passing 200lbs.

Thanks in adv., and for being such a helpful member...
    Last edited by ecto9; 03-16-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Hey Beast, check it out,

I dropped the gainer and saw most the other adjustments you made to my diet - still need to get better sources of fat though.

Good news - I'm putting on less fat. In fact I think I'm losing some fat, or my abs are just pumped more from dead lifts, which I saw reccommended in the workout forum.

Bad news - I have not gained a single pound since changing my diet. This may be a good cutting option for me. I'm taking in about the same cals by subsituting whole grain carbs on the side of every meal for the sugar in those gainers. I don't know what to do. The only thing I can think of is...more carbs?

Thanks a lot man.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    hey beast, i am 6'3 230 and am looking to cut. i go to school and was wondering if you could give me some help on my cutter?

630am- 1 slice wheat bread? would white be better here? dont want to much wheat in there. and 1 scoop whey protien with 8oz milk 1 fish oil cap
    cals 360 pro 40 carbs 38 fat 7.5

920am - can of tuna 1 slice wheat bread 1 fish oil cap
    cals 310 pro 41.5 carbs 23 fat 5

12am- can of tuna 1 slice wheat bread 1 fish oil cap

3 pre w.o- 2 scoops whey protien 1 apple
    cals 320 pro 48 carbs 25 fat 2

5 pwo- 2 scoops whey protien 10oz grape fruit juice
    cals 400 pro 48 carbs 56 fat 2

645 6oz chicken 1 scoop whey protien 1 fish oil cap
    cals 290 pro 60 carbs 6 fat 3

945 2 scoops casein protien 2 fish oil caps
    cals 260 pro 23 carbs 4 fat 3

cals 2250 pro 302 carbs 195 fat 27.5

i need alot of help what should i do im looking in adding maybe 550 more cals. should i add in penut butter in all my meals except for pre and pwo for fat as ive seen people have 50/30/20 for cutting fat pro carb. im completly lost i have absolutly no idea how to cut but i do no how to bulk. this will be the first time cutting and im not really lookin forward to it. i need alot of help and would like to get started on wedesday if its possible? i work out on our football routine with is upper mon thur and lowers tues fri. wed sat sun off. on leg day im going to do cardio after my workouts tuesday and friday and before on monday and thursday and wednesday have cardio to. cardio will be walk for 2 minets sprint for 1 for 45 minets or so. wich is the best for my senario? looking to lose as much fat as possible in 3.5 weeks. on off days what should i sub in there for pre and pwo food? since ill be doing my cardio after w/o should i have a shake right before my cardio or somthing? all help is very much apreciated. u are a very possitive person and i respect u very much for helping everybody out on this bored.
    Last edited by 200byjune; 03-16-2008 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonPaul View Post
    Hey Beast do you reckon 2 weetabix as well as a banana and protein PWO would be any good?

I only say because some people have oats PWO so complex carbs aren't a no and simple are obviously beneficial PWO, weetabix seems to be a decent combo of both, and tastes pretty nice.

Cheers.

Btw don't know if you remember giving me some diet help a while ago but seeing some good clean gains!
    Hey buddy. i really dont like any of the processed cereal products. They are made from inferior cheap food sources and have had the goodness processed out of them. Much better to blend some oats into your pro shake if you are looking at using low gi complex carbs. Personally for pwo shake i would use high gi simple carbs and then eat some whole food carbs about an hour later.

Quote Originally Posted by ecto9 View Post
    Pb My stats are: 49yr - 6'1" - 180lbs - 34" Waist - 40" Chest - 12%bf - Lifting 4yr - Also I brisk walk 5-10 miles/wk

My first inj. cycle will be: 250 -500mg test wk X 12wks Prob go with 250, undecided at this point.

Currently I'm following the 60 - 30 - 10 ratio of: CHO - Pr - Fat. 2200-2700 Cal/day (prone to belly fat!)

My question to you is: How should my diet adjust while being on cycle?

Goals: Put on 10lbs LBM after all said and done. Never passing 200lbs.

Thanks in adv., and for being such a helpful member...
    Hey mate. If your prone to belly fat then i would consider revising your macros to at least 40 40 20 and possibly even 30 50 20 (in favour of pro). People with a tendency to have abdominal fat in my experience do not handle carbs well and get better results with a higher pro diet. Fat (EFAs) are essentail for many vital processes that occur and also aid fat burning. They are a must and should not be avoided.

I would increase cals to at least 3200 on the new macro split. I think you will see much leaner gains. something like the diet listed below might be good. I would add fat to the last 4 meals in the form of flax (1 teaspoon each)

Pre Cardio (about 4AM) - 2scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3) TOTALS – cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3
    Meal 1 - 6 egg whites (cal 96, pro18), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat5), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 503, carbs 53 pro 53, Fat 6.5
    Meal 2 - Oats 40g (cal150 carb25 pro6 fat2) 2 scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3),. Banana (cal105 carb27 pro1 fat). TOTALS - Cal 479, carbs 57, pro 53, fat 5

WORKOUT

PWO - 2 scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat5) TOTALS – Cal519, carbs56, pro58 fat 8

PPWO - Tuna 1 tin (cal 145,carb0 pro31 fat1), Oats 40g (cal150 carb25 pro6 fat2) 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5) TOTALS – cal407 carbs27 pro60 fat4

meal 5 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Coconut Oil (cal44 fat5g) TOTALS – cal333, pro54, fat10

Meal 6 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Flax Oil (cal44 fat5g) TOTALS – cal333, pro54, fat10

Before Bed – Lean Mince200g (cal328 pro51 fat12) TOTALS cal328 pro51 fat12

DAILY TOTAL Cal 3126 Carbs 198 Protein 429 fat 56

Quote Originally Posted by RapaciousShark View Post
    Hey Beast, check it out,

I dropped the gainer and saw most the other adjustments you made to my diet - still need to get better sources of fat though.

Good news - I'm putting on less fat. In fact I think I'm losing some fat, or my abs are just pumped more from dead lifts, which I saw reccommended in the workout forum.

Bad news - I have not gained a single pound since changing my diet. This may be a good cutting option for me. I'm taking in about the same cals by subsituting whole grain carbs on the side of every meal for the sugar in those gainers. I don't know what to do. The only thing I can think of is...more carbs?

Thanks a lot man.
    I would add 200 cals to the daily total in the form of pro and carbs in equal measures. See how it goes for 2 weeks then re assess.

Quote Originally Posted by 200byjune View Post
    hey beast, i am 6'3 230 and am looking to cut. i go to school and was wondering if you could give me some help on my cutter?

630am- 1 slice wheat bread? would white be better here? dont want to much wheat in there. and 1 scoop whey protien with 8oz milk 1 fish oil cap
    cals 360 pro 40 carbs 38 fat 7.5

920am - can of tuna 1 slice wheat bread 1 fish oil cap

12am- can of tuna 1 slice wheat bread 1 fish oil cap

3 pre w.o- 2 scoops whey protien 1 apple
    cals 320 pro 48 carbs 25 fat 2

5 pwo- 2 scoops whey protien 10oz grape fruit juice
    cals 400 pro 48 carbs 56 fat 2

645 6oz chicken 1 scoop whey protien 1 fish oil cap
    cals 290 pro 60 carbs 6 fat 3

945 2 scoops casein protien 2 fish oil caps
    cals 260 pro 23 carbs 4 fat 3

cals 2250 pro 302 carbs 195 fat 27.5

i need alot of help what should i do im looking in adding maybe 550 more cals. should i add in penut butter in all my meals except for pre and pwo for fat as ive seen people have 50/30/20 for cutting fat pro carb. im completly lost i have absolutly no idea how to cut but i do no how to bulk. this will be the first time cutting and im not really lookin forward to it. i need alot of help and would like to get started on wedesday if its possible? i work out on our football routine with is upper mon thur and lowers tues fri. wed sat sun off. on leg day im going to do cardio after my workouts tuesday and friday and before on monday and thursday and wednesday have cardio to. cardio will be walk for 2 minets sprint for 1 for 45 minets or so. wich is the best for my senario? looking to lose as much fat as possible in 3.5 weeks. on off days what should i sub in there for pre and pwo food? since ill be doing my cardio after w/o should i have a shake right before my cardio or somthing? all help is very much apreciated. u are a very possitive person and i respect u very much for helping everybody out on this bored.
    Hey buddy. Well at your size you are going to need to start on a higher cal intake than you have there. If you start that low you will have nothing left to subtract when fat buring slows down. The body becomes used to excercise and calorie requirements and cleverly adjusts itself to constantly remain in homeostasis (the same). We need to encourage fat burning which we can do every two weeks or so by subtracting some cals. I have a diet for you to start out with below. Foollow that for 2 weeks then report back for adjustemnts.
    Cardio need to be steady at a heart rate of about 130. Sprinting and such is not ideal as it forces the body to burn glycogen for fuel rather than fat. Keeping it low intensity promotes fat burning and maintains muscle. cross trainer for 30 mins daily would be good. on the off days of weights do the cardio pre breakfast on an empty stomach. On lifting rest days simply do not have the PWO shake. but eat all other meals normally.

Meal 1 - 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 60g (cal233 carb40 pro10 fat4), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). Prunes 6 (cal110, carb26, pro1,) sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 535, carbs 68 pro 52, Fat 5
    WORKOUT

PWO - 2 scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3), WMS 80g (cal280 carb68) TOTALS – Cal519, carbs73, pro58 fat 3

PPWO - 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 60g (cal233 carb40 pro10 fat4), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). fruit serving seasonal 100-200g dependant on type (100 cals carbs 30) sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 525, carbs 62 pro 51, Fat 5

meal 4 - 150g chicken (cal247 pro46 fat5) walnuts 7 halves (cal93 fat9g carb 2 pro 2) 1 sweet potato or 30g brown rice (cal103 carb 23 pro 2) TOTALS – cal 443, pro50, fat14 carb 32

Meal 5 - 150g chicken (cal247 pro46 fat5) Flax Oil (cal83 fat9g) sweet potato or 30g brown rice (cal103 carb 23 pro 2) TOTALS – cal433, pro48, fat14 carb 32

Meal 6 - 150g chicken (cal247 pro46 fat5) Flax Oil (cal83 fat9g) sweet potato or 30g brown rice (cal103 carb 23 pro 2) TOTALS – cal433, pro48, fat14 carb 32

Before Bed – Lean Mince175g (cal240 pro37 fat8) 12 Almonds (cal83 pro3 fat8) TOTALS cal323 pro40 fat16

DAILY TOTAL Cal 3211 Carbs 309 Protein 347 fat 71

**edit**
    Last edited by aer_vlad; 08-21-2011 at 09:12 PM.

thanks PB, be back in 2 weeks.

What do you think of soy? I've read where it mimics estrogen - not sure if that's true.

I just wondered if you think it is a good source of protein and what seems an acceptable amount.

Most protein bars have lots of soy in them - cheaper then whey perhaps?
    http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/03summary.htm

I would not use it anymore. i used to eat it and guess what - i was always fat and had typical female style fat deposits. Heavy on the chest, hips and ass. Leaving soy out of diet made me stronger, harder and i found it easier to keep lean. The stuff is basically a cheap waste product that food companies use to fill out processed meals cheaply. And they try and tell you its good for you - yeah whatever!

**edit**
    Last edited by aer_vlad; 08-21-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks for the reply! I probably know your answer on this, but what do you think of protein bars? I figured they're highly processed and contain very little nutrition...but they do have upwards to 30-35g of protein.

This leads me to another quesiton. What's the difference between Sugars and Sugar Alcohols? They have on different protein bars and I'm not sure what Sugar Alcohols are if they have 0-1g of sugar. Are they good for you?

Thanks for your time PB.
    hey buddy. Well personally i think protein bars have there place. If you were to crave a chcolate bar once a week then a pro bar would be a good sub for it. I would definately not use them as part of an everyday diet. They are basically just candy bars with added whey.
    Sugar alcohols are sweetenrers. They are very popular at the moment due to a lot of hype surrounding them. some true and some not, Xytol is a sugar alcohol which is touted as being good for your teeth. It is found in lots of sugar free gum and pro bars. It may well be good for your teeth but it also causes gastric distress which in turn would inhibit absorbtion of nutrients. Sugar alcohols have also been touted as having very low GI and almost no calories, However sugar alcohols are readily converted to glycogen in the liver which in turn is converted to fat if too much is present.
    I would avoid.

scarface007 is offline New Member
    I have noticed a worrying and increasing trend lately. I'm getting a lot of young guys asking me how to get big. They do not want to hear about diet, they want to know which gear to take. These are people who have no idea what there eating calorie wise on a daily basis. They are consuming alcohol and junk food. Steroids will do NOTHING for you when you are eating like this. There is no point chemically increasing protein synthesis when there is no protein consumed in the diet. One guy last week told me he gets plenty of protein as he always has lots of chicken on his pizzas.
    Anyhow this really bothers me and I would like to offer free diet advice to any young people here (under 21) who are considering using AS. I can guarantee that if you follow the advice you will gain more muscle than you would doing gear with junk food and beer. So either ask for help in this thread or PM me. Sometimes it can take a couple of days to get back as i work a lot but i will always reply.

I read your thread on were you are offering some diet advise , well im
    new here and would like some help if possible . Im not under 21 like you
    said though so i would understand if that is your rule .
    well im 25yrs old weight is about 212 im 5'7". my body fat is around
    25-30%. i was really phisicaly active till i left the military in 2007 . i
    went from 175 lean and cut to 212 fat boy . i would like to get some
    muscular definition and maybe shed some fat off. I have done some reserch and i
    have learn some stuff , i need 400g of protein ,100-150g of carbs , and
    small amount of fat as possible . The only problem i have is eating that up
    into 8 melas a day , i dont know were to start . I also want to start a cyle,
    i was doing a lot of research i found this from the adverising site on this
    forum and would like you expert opinion
    http://www.buysteroids.com/growth-ho...-pgh-p-38.html .
    Any help will be greatly apreciated .

Thanks

SEMPER-FI

**edit**
    Last edited by aer_vlad; 08-21-2011 at 09:05 PM.

scarface007 is offline New Member
    Thanks - that's exactly what I needed to know!

I know I'm not PerfectBeast, but I think I can help a little.

First, at 25-30% (which is a wide range) bodyfat, you need to loose a lot of weight before you start a cycle. This can easily be achieved through proper diet and exercise. Are you sure about your BF %?

I dunno where you read "small amounts of fat as possible" because that's B.S. And for the website you posted, don't waste your time or money.

If I was you, I'd start by reading the stickies at the top of the Diet category (the one your in now) and use the search function - there's a TON (literally) of information about diet and exercise on this forum.

PB may be able to help you out, I dunno.
    Well i got that exact quote from Milos seminar video , were he stated minimum fat intake since you will be getting most of your fats from the high protein intake , correct me if i wrong but i was just going by what the experts were stating .

im not sure about my body fat , i was preatty much guessing .

im 5'7"
    my weist is a 38"
    i weigh about 210-215
    my wrist is about 7.5 "
    chest is 44"
    biceps are 15 "
    im preatty stocky i just have a beer belly ( dam Marine corp habits )
    i can still bench 295lbs max 1 rep on the flat bench ( i suse to hit 350lbs )
    i can still do 15 pull ups ( used to do like 40 before )
    my running sux a$$ i can probably run my 3 miles in 24 min ( used to run 17-18 min 3 miles in the Marines )
    i think im in that bad shape ( compared to before ) , i want to look like i did before 175-180 lean and cut . but i wouldnt mid looking like beats ( dude is jacked )
    my calory intake in the Marines was roughly about 3000-3500 calories . but we ran ALOT and my unit was verry phisicaly active . Now i dont even run if there is a fire LOL .

im kind of looking for a kick start , a point in the right direction . i know that diest are trial and error , but i dont want to start with errors.

thanks for the help .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information