Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newer lady member needing diet & workout guidance

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    did a TRX set and spinning this evening and I am already sore. Hadn't remember how much of an awesome workout...been about 8 months....too long.

I do have a question about inner thighs. Anybody got a good inner thigh workout. Seems to be a tricky spot to workout. Appreciate your suggestions! Thx in advance.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    did a TRX set and spinning this evening and I am already sore. Hadn't remember how much of an awesome workout...been about 8 months....too long.

I do have a question about inner thighs. Anybody got a good inner thigh workout. Seems to be a tricky spot to workout. Appreciate your suggestions! Thx in advance.

inner thigh, hmmmmmmmmm let me think......... hahahaha! you have a dirty mind! lying side leg lifts, yoga, the machine at the gym to where you push out with your thighs, sprints, side jumps, side stradle running, and i will try to come up with some more, glad to see you brushed the dust off of the TRX straps! have a great memorial day weekend!

GGR reminder to self.

Workout days Calories/g P/g C/ g F

Meal 1 Breakfast - 300/29/34/6
    Wake up – 16 oz coffee with dry creamer
    ½ c oats with stevia and cinnamon
    ½ c 99% egg whites
    ½ c 2% cottage cheese

Meal 2 Snack – 189/16/4/4
    1/2 c cottage cheese 2%
    dash of cinnamon and stevia
    2 fish oil caps
    1 c broccoli

Meal 3 Lunch - 364/42/13/10
    6 oz grilled skinless chic breast
    Mixed Leafy Salad with balsamic dressing
    2 fish oil caps

Meal 4 Pre WO –160/11/15/4
    6 oz 0%f fage yogart with stevia and cinnamon
    ½ med sweet potato with cinnamon

Meal 5 Post WO – 260/28/30/4
    Met-Rx Protein plus shake-1 scoop
    ½ c oats

Meal 6 Dinner- 271/45/4/4
    6 0z tilapia (or other fish but not salmon)
    6/7 Asparagus spears grilled (pam and drizzle of EVOO and fresh garlic)

Total Daily: 1543 cal/171P/101C/35F

Non Workout days. Delete Pre & Post WO Carbs. Combine Pre and Post work out meals into yogurt and protein shake mix.

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    good luck!

oweiwon is offline New Member
    Thanks GGR I really like your layout

Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    good luck!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by oweiwon View Post
    Thanks GGR I really like your layout
    This is the prefered layout and you will more input cuz easy to follow! : ))))

Status update

Weigh and measure. I am at 135.3 lbs and my measurements are the smallest they have ever been. I guess I have meant my goal but afraid it is because of the drug therapy program that I have been on for 6 months. I have lost half my hair and I am anemic. But the good news is today is my last day of meds and now I start wheening myself off the other meds I was taking for the side effects. yay!!!!!! yay!!!!!

My new short term goal is to keep weight at 135
    My near term goal is to train for warrior dash
    I have plastic surgery to fix the issue with the girls come end of summer and then have 6 weeks off to recover (again yuk!)
    Then I have to fix the shoulder....hoping that will be ultrsound and physical therapy.

My long term goal is to shape selected areas, if that is possible. Shoulders and butt are my 2 focus areas, as well as trim tummy roll. so diet and exercise. LOL!!!!

Thanks for all the support. Appreciate the encouragement!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Status update

Weigh and measure. I am at 135.3 lbs and my measurements are the smallest they have ever been. I guess I have meant my goal but afraid it is because of the drug therapy program that I have been on for 6 months. I have lost half my hair and I am anemic. But the good news is today is my last day of meds and now I start wheening myself off the other meds I was taking for the side effects. yay!!!!!! yay!!!!!

My new short term goal is to keep weight at 135
    My near term goal is to train for warrior dash
    I have plastic surgery to fix the issue with the girls come end of summer and then have 6 weeks off to recover (again yuk!)
    Then I have to fix the shoulder....hoping that will be ultrsound and physical therapy.

My long term goal is to shape selected areas, if that is possible. Shoulders and butt are my 2 focus areas, as well as trim tummy roll. so diet and exercise. LOL!!!!

Thanks for all the support. Appreciate the encouragement!
    finally found your thread again.. lol
    love the measurment thing lady!

feel your pain about the anemic thing, I have to get perscrip iron pill from Dr at times, take a s toll on the energy level thats for sure
    sweet that your coming of the meds...and the girls are doing fine?

sending healthy vibes to your shoulders sweetie! hope all goes well with them!

^^^ I really appreciate all the support and encouragement and BA too for bringing me back for an update.

I am now totally off all meds, but still not all are out of system yet. My weight is still at 136 so happy about that. I am still battling the anemia, but everyday I feel alittle better : ))) My hair is still falling out...down to half that I once had, but I ain't bald.

I have been reassigned to a new location and I can't say that it has been all that. I am working with a whole new team of peeps and been taking some hits from one person in particular. This gal is about 6 years my senior and about 200 pounds heavier than me. She has called me "eye candy" during an executive review, makes cracks at my seaweed salad and called my oatmeal old ladies food. She cuts on me everyday cuz I come in dressed like I am going to a wedding...when what she doesnot know is that I had to buy a whole new waredrobe cuz I dropped so many sizes and they are mostly new.

Complete stranger call me a c_nt , first day here in the grocery store...long story, but I am beginning to see that not only are fat girls ridiculed, but thinner gals aren't treated better necessarily. There are haters out there and I never thought I would be treated poorly because I care for myself. I am getting attention from guys too, but I can't say that I like this attention and that I am prepared to deal with it...it gets trying at times, plus I have been working so much.

I have been contemplating lately and hanging out in the AR lounge as a way to escape... My diet has been terrible tooand I am getting upset stomach. I feel like I need a vacation, but can't get away now.

As far as my immediate plan for this thread...not sure at this moment. I am feeling a bit stressed about alot of crap in my life, but I also know that this too shall pass!!!!

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Hope you get better real soon. Glad you have been hanging out here a lot, you definitively helped me through my lazy period. If I may suggest perhaps you can start logging your diet and try to get that balanced. I know that when the diet is not in check I feel like crap. No need to starve since you are at goal weight but try to eat clean at least M-F and I know you will be feeling better. PM me if I can help in any way.

^^^ thanks. I am feeling better everyday, but did get a little sick with chest cold and sinus so I have had alot of time to think about a direction for myself.

Been thru a lot in the past year. and just found out that I can't lift as much weight as would like, so I am going to work with light weights and zero in on form. and then focus on diet in October right before the holidays

got some big goals for next year I feel great about this plan!

I have committed to the 2013 Tough Mudder so it will give me focus and a challenge. I am recruiting others to join me, but some aren't interested after they watch the video and others think I am crazy and perhaps they are right

I was surprised when I went out yesterday and ran my "training hill" on 3.8 mile course straight thru. I haven't run in 8 months so I was very very very happy about that!

All is good and plan to jump on the scale, measure and pics - it has been too long! Cheers!!!

Hey GGR that tough mudder looks like my kind of thing. I've done a triathlon but this looks a lot cooler. You have peaked my interest.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have committed to the 2013 Tough Mudder so it will give me focus and a challenge. I am recruiting others to join me, but some aren't interested after they watch the video and others think I am crazy and perhaps they are right

I was surprised when I went out yesterday and ran my "training hill" on 3.8 mile course straight thru. I haven't run in 8 months so I was very very very happy about that!

All is good and plan to jump on the scale, measure and pics - it has been too long! Cheers!!!

AWESOME!!
    my gf just did the mudder and Color races...looks insane fun!!

your sure to have a BLAST!! post pix!

wwwwwwwwooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! love it, time to grind!

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Hey GGR that tough mudder looks like my kind of thing. I've done a triathlon but this looks a lot cooler. You have peaked my interest.
    more impressive. BTW, Tough Mudder doesn't do chips. It isn't a race against time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    AWESOME!!
    my gf just did the mudder and Color races...looks insane fun!!

your sure to have a BLAST!! post pix!
    pics in a year sexy...by then, I should be RIPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    wwwwwwwwooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! love it, time to grind!
    yeh, and u know just how much I luv to run - NOT!

Hey GGR how are things going?

Hey GGR how are things going?
    thx for asking. I've been working too much and so stressed out right now and barely able to workout and stressing about that. It should be just temporary : )

THOSE DANG BAD HABITS (like emotional eating and fast food) came back after a year and a half so I realized what was happening and started to focus on DIET and eat alot (cottage cheese, lean protein, tons and tons of veggies). I am just trying to keep the scale from moving up right now. Sweets are calling my name...like a drug right now.

I have a little 5K run coming up so I really need to focus.

BTW...recruiting for the ToughMudder and I have a few men on my team : ) The gals are backing out after they watch the video : (

Keep at it I know you will do well. Next week I signed up for a mini Tough Mudder called Rebel race. only 5k but they have similar obstacles. You really got me into this. For the Tough Mudder in Oct I've recruited a few guys from work at at least 1 trainer from my gym.

thx for asking. I've been working too much and so stressed out right now and barely able to workout and stressing about that. It should be just temporary : )

THOSE DANG BAD HABITS (like emotional eating and fast food) came back after a year and a half so I realized what was happening and started to focus on DIET and eat alot (cottage cheese, lean protein, tons and tons of veggies). I am just trying to keep the scale from moving up right now. Sweets are calling my name...like a drug right now.

I have a little 5K run coming up so I really need to focus.

BTW...recruiting for the ToughMudder and I have a few men on my team : ) The gals are backing out after they watch the video : (

life seems to get in the way sometimes, and that is when you really need to focus! get back in the gym and running, it will help out some with the stress. you know after doing this a while that diet is pretty much the most important aspect of this lifestyle. tell them gals to tighten up!

"BTW...recruiting for the ToughMudder and I have a few men on my team : ) The gals are backing out after they watch the video : ( "
    my quote buttons not working...

this is funny cuz all my gals laughed at me and said "pass" when I FB posted about the zombie run and than later told them about the Spartian and tuff mudder lol (pvssys, all um lol)

im def not in shape for the tuff mudder~ unless i could walk it lol
    fingers crossed you can find some poeple to join you sweetie !

and i hear ya about the old habbits *uggg* lol but you will push through it fo'sho

gymaddict1234 is offline Banned
    Your comments aren't welcome here..
    Last edited by Matt; 07-14-2012 at 02:40 AM.

^^^^You need to learn some manners or your time here will be very short lived. We DO NOT speak to female members that way.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    what the fuk?

would you really speak to a lady like that in person? i sure as sh1t hope not! then why would you do that here?

I'm thinking apologies are in order..........
    Last edited by Matt; 07-14-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    For me, that should be an immediate ban. GGR, ignore this tool!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    What a complete idiot!!!!!!! What gives you the right to even breathe the same air as decent living people you sound like stone age man!!
    Last edited by Matt; 07-14-2012 at 02:41 AM.

gymaddict1234 is offline Banned
    Im sorry for any childish comments ive made, Im only a one brain celled fool........

Yes you are but im glad to see you apologise at last...
    Last edited by Matt; 07-15-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gymaddict1234 View Post

baaahahaha a...umm this is HER thread ya #$%^&^%$# .... its YOUR comments thats are not allways welcome here

boooooo yeaaaaa lol free beer at the finish line

and a 48 hour death race next year lol
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 07-14-2012 at 09:23 AM.

"BTW...recruiting for the ToughMudder and I have a few men on my team : ) The gals are backing out after they watch the video : ( "
    my quote buttons not working...

this is funny cuz all my gals laughed at me and said "pass" when I FB posted about the zombie run and than later told them about the Spartian and tuff mudder lol (pvssys, all um lol)

im def not in shape for the tuff mudder~ unless i could walk it lol fingers crossed you can find some poeple to join you sweetie !

and i hear ya about the old habbits *uggg* lol but you will push through it fo'sho
    I think they can't get past the mudd...it's only temporary. Tuffmudder is not a timed event, so u can walk. and there are all kinds of events out there anymore - i luv the challenge and the companionship!

Keep at it I know you will do well. Next week I signed up for a mini Tough Mudder called Rebel race. only 5k but they have similar obstacles. You really got me into this. For the Tough Mudder in Oct I've recruited a few guys from work at at least 1 trainer from my gym.
    how this go?

[QUOTE=00ragincajun00;6074639]life seems to get in the way sometimes, and that is when you really need to focus! get back in the gym and running, it will help out some with the stress. you know after doing this a while that diet is pretty much the most important aspect of this lifestyle. tell them gals to tighten up![/QUOTE]

lead horse to water but can't make em drink! hahaha

Dang - Not sure what the addict said for Sgt Hartman, SteM, milky01623, Times Roman and Sexy to hit my thread and Matt to mop up the mess so quickly! I missed the nasty comments and they must of been bad for you all to not reply with quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    ^^^^You need to learn some manners or your time here will be very short lived. We DO NOT speak to female members that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    For me, that should be an immediate ban. GGR, ignore this tool!
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    What a complete idiot!!!!!!! What gives you the right to even breathe the same air as decent living people you sound like stone age man!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    what the fuk?

would you really speak to a lady like that in person? i sure as sh1t hope not! then why would you do that here?

I'm thinking apologies are in order..........
    baaahahaha a...umm this is HER thread ya #$%^&^%$# .... its YOUR comments thats are not allways welcome here

U bunch of gay dicks , ur all probably virgins, look at u all lol ****in jokers go suck dick
    ummm, hate to be the one to point this out, but you used the the d word twice in the same sentence.....anyway, lets everyone welcome gymaddict123 to the boards since he doesn't seem to have any friends yet!!

^^ lol awww ggr, such a good girl

Metatron is offline Banned
    Wow all I have to say is wow, who says that

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I have been contemplating lately and hanging out in the AR lounge as a way to escape.. but I also know that this too shall pass!!!!
    WHAT? ( note: Edited for comic relief.....)
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

GGR, I am out of the loop for a few days and I missed the action in your thread. Well glad to see the ass was dealt with quickly.

Anyway hope all is going well for you. Rebel Race is this Saturday, I'll let you know how it goes and maybe post a muddy pic.

GGR, I am out of the loop for a few days and I missed the action in your thread. Well glad to see the ass was dealt with quickly.

Anyway hope all is going well for you. Rebel Race is this Saturday, I'll let you know how it goes and maybe post a muddy pic.
    really, i went out with girl friends last friday and missed the action too....and all it proves is that there are 5 times as many nice people on this board then the OP : )))))

pics or it didn't happen!!! (I picked that up in the AR lounge )

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    dad gummit GGR im gonna have to stop by here more often! u get all the action!!! LOL

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Truly a happening thread. I am so pleased for all your progress and prayerful for your stress with all you are experiencing in health/life/emotional changes and challenges. You are a lovely person and you are loved you have support here, but everyone needs support in the real world as well. Find a good church home and maybe a gym and I believe you will be blessed and pleasantly surprised with finding the right folks who accept you as you are and encourage you in acheiving your goals, not putting theirs onto you.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^^ nice Tbody......especially the last sentence.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Thread Information