Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newer lady member needing diet & workout guidance

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    ^^^ sounds like a plan!

I did weigh in and I am back down to 139 which makes me very pleased cuz I really wanted to end the year strong with a 35 pound loss which sounds so much better then 30 pounds. For those of you out there that think there is an easier way, I am proof there isn't. But I will also tell you that it isn't that hard neither. You just got to decide that you want it and then you just go for it!

I can't begin to tell you how much better I feel - physically, mentally, emotionally. For 9 crappy years I didn't have control of my weight....and now I can say, my weight does not control me. I can do this....so can you!

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    ^^^ sounds like a plan!

I did weigh in and I am back down to 139 which makes me very pleased cuz I really wanted to end the year strong with a 35 pound loss which sounds so much better then 30 pounds. For those of you out there that think there is an easier way, I am proof there isn't. But I will also tell you that it isn't that hard neither. You just got to decide that you want it and then you just go for it!

I can't begin to tell you how much better I feel - physically, mentally, emotionally. For 9 crappy years I didn't have control of my weight....and now I can say, my weight does not control me. I can do this....so can you!

Yay!!! Good job! Keep it up girl!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    awww I lovey GGR! <3

btw...what corrective surgery? are the melons ok?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    You got it girl and Merry Merry is around the corner.....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm stoked about two days of eating to re-prime the fat burning.

happy new year to you ggr!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

This ^^^^

Happy New Year's everyone!!!

Happy new year GGR!!!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    pick a 2012 res yet girly?

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    Just checking in to see how you're doing, lady. Seeing if any....oh, I dunno....amends have been made....of any kind, yet? Hope all is well with you!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    ok now, you had a great 2011, how do you plan to topple last year? i have no doubts that you will come on strong in 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    pick a 2012 res yet girly?
    no...not yet....struggling!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyblahblah View Post
    Just checking in to see how you're doing, lady. Seeing if any....oh, I dunno....amends have been made....of any kind, yet? Hope all is well with you!
    thx for checkin in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    ok now, you had a great 2011, how do you plan to topple last year? i have no doubts that you will come on strong in 2012!
    I am thinking about checking out for a few months. Up against a few things.

Last year was my best year yet....but seems like the devil is trying to even that score this year...

Good luck Girly!!! I know you won't let the devil win!

Last year was my best year yet....but seems like the devil is trying to even that score this year...
    Whoa Nelly......giddy up!
    Author Unknown

Ive seen the devil....

Attachment 119312

you can take him girly

GGR, you have everything you need to win, not ever getting knocked down isn't what makes you a winner, it's just getting up one more time than you get knocked down. We all go through it and we are all here to help you get back up however many times you have to. Here's some quotes from my favorite book, I hope they help encourage you, they do me when I feel like you do right now.

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Luke 10:19

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. 1st Peter 5:8-9

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. Rom 8:37

Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. Eph 6:11

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Good luck Girly!!! I know you won't let the devil win!
    Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Whoa Nelly......giddy up!
    you my friend are startin to sound like RC!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    Ive seen the devil....

Attachment 119312

you can take him girly
    yeah..your devil is carryin some extra weight...mine is lean and ripped and handsome! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    GGR, you have everything you need to win, not ever getting knocked down isn't what makes you a winner, it's just getting up one more time than you get knocked down. We all go through it and we are all here to help you get back up however many times you have to. Here's some quotes from my favorite book, I hope they help encourage you, they do me when I feel like you do right now.

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Luke 10:19

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. 1st Peter 5:8-9

No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. Rom 8:37

Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. Eph 6:11
    I know this book too and it's a good read. My "signature" verse is 1Chron 4:10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted his request.

Thanks everyone...but this is bigger then me right now and a bit overwhelming. On a treatment and the mild sides are just awful which I am experiencing and will spare you the details on the severe sides. I've had to scrap my diet (WHICH IS HOW I LOST 35 POUNDS OF FAT LAST YEAR) cuz I have to eat those foods that I have spent the last year eliminating from my diet. I have gained 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks so I am freaking out!

have been forcing myself to workout even if I can't do everything to the intensity I like. Today, my joints hurt so much, I only ran for 15 minutes and did incline walk for the balance and then lifted weights. The worst side for me is the depression....I am a happy go lucky spirit and have learned to laugh at life and myself, cuz in the big picture, all the daily crapola really isn't what matters.

I will not take more drugs to address the sides...cuz I should be through the worst in about 2 more months. Instead, I am just going to continue to workout cuz the endorphines have got to be better for me then more meds......so back to that fight with my SATAN.

Appreciate your prayers and positive thoughts!!

Our prayers are with you GGR! I hope you feel better soon hon....If you ever need to vent or just talk, I'm here!

Oh my GGR. My heart just sank a bit reading what you wrote. It really did. I have become so fond of you. I hope whatever you are going thru you, you remember this: "this too shall pass." Please know you are so dear to all of us here. And prayers are being sent your way.

Keep up your good spirit. And keep us posted.
    SM
    Author Unknown

Ms.Magoo is offline Female Member
    -GGR: I haven't been here for long but after reading your thread I feel as if I know you and I'm sorry to hear that you're going through some hard stuff....I will pray that whatever it is you'll be through it quickly.

Oh my GGR. My heart just sank a bit reading what you wrote. It really did. I have become so fond of you. I hope whatever you are going thru you, you remember this: "this too shall pass." Please know you are so dear to all of us here. And prayers are being sent your way.

Keep up your good spirit. And keep us posted

^THIS!

cant imagine what your struggling with honey the depression alone has wrecked me and put me where I am today ~ my heart is truely acking for you, and any anxiouty you may be having while antisipating the challenges ahead <3

Nothing I can say would help or make you feel any better...but thats o.k. cuz YOU dont need it, others might, but I know your kick@ass-y-ness will once again take hold and lanch you to where you wanna be, even if it takes some more time than you would like~ I know you will rebound.

Were here for ya lady!

you know we are all here for ya GGR!!! you have the fight in you no doubt, so let us know we can do on our end!

We battle not against flesh and blood, and you sure aren't in this fight alone!

Thanks everyone and really appreciate your kind words and prayers!!! More then you will ever know.

I am up another pound and not happy. At this rate, I won't have a dang thing to wear (I got rid of the fattie pants) in another 2 weeks.

I am reevaluating my new eating plan to cut out as many carbs to see if I can just not gain anymore this month. I am working out as best I can, but may switch to mostly cardio for the next 2 - 3 months.

That's my plan for now....

Good news is, you have a plan and that is a great start!!! I am sure with your determination you will still be fitting the same clothes and not having to run around naked lol. However, if you were forced to do your daily jog in the nude watch out for crazy stalker dude, Im sure he would lovethat!!!!

Hey ya never know. Many times switching it up gives better results. You might be pleasantly surprised.

We all have a lot of faith in you GGR.
    Author Unknown

^^^^^what she said. look at triathlon, marathon runners, all they do is cardio and do not have an ounce of fat on them. like ms magoo said, you have a plan!

Hope things are looking up for ya GGR! Have a wonderful weekend.
    Author Unknown

FANTASTIC News / Good News / Bad News story...and all your thougths and prayers have worked!!! My God is bigger then this and you all all so awesome for the continued support.....Fantastic news is the meds are working....tests came back NEGATIVE...best result could have hoped for!! Good news is won't have to be meds as long. Bad news is have 5 more months of sides...

I modified diet to squeeze out some carbs and am down 1.5 lbs in the last week. I feel pretty good about that...all things considered. I still fit into my skinny bling bling jeans, they are a bit tighter, but still fit so another reason to celebrate!

Worked out 6 days which is shocking to my nurse, because the meds have made me anemic (another one of those nasty sides). I did 4 spinning classes, 2 total body workouts with bar weights, 1 yoga class, hill climb on treadmill for 1.5 hours over several days...and this morning, surprised myself by running for 3.5 miles on the treadmill. This made me very happy cuz the joints have been achy and I was really wanting to keep running in the routine.

so....tested neg, down 1.5 pounds (of the 5 I gained cuz of the meds), 9 hours in the gym...so I am calling it a FANTASTIC WEEK!

Wow!!!! This is incredible news GGR, I am so happy for you!!!!

Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats (just regular old fashioned oats or quick oats)
    1 cup egg whites (about 7 large eggs)
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese (or 1% if you desire)

Splenda all you want
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired
    baking powder 1-2 tablespoons

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot after sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup
    and banana or raspberries with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt
    -or-
    fry an egg with Pam and top your pancake with the egg

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Author Unknown

FANTASTIC News / Good News / Bad News story...and all your thougths and prayers have worked!!! My God is bigger then this and you all all so awesome for the continued support.....Fantastic news is the meds are working....tests came back NEGATIVE...best result could have hoped for!! Good news is won't have to be meds as long. Bad news is have 5 more months of sides...

I modified diet to squeeze out some carbs and am down 1.5 lbs in the last week. I feel pretty good about that...all things considered. I still fit into my skinny bling bling jeans, they are a bit tighter, but still fit so another reason to celebrate!

Worked out 6 days which is shocking to my nurse, because the meds have made me anemic (another one of those nasty sides). I did 4 spinning classes, 2 total body workouts with bar weights, 1 yoga class, hill climb on treadmill for 1.5 hours over several days...and this morning, surprised myself by running for 3.5 miles on the treadmill. This made me very happy cuz the joints have been achy and I was really wanting to keep running in the routine.

so....tested neg, down 1.5 pounds (of the 5 I gained cuz of the meds), 9 hours in the gym...so I am calling it a FANTASTIC WEEK!
    Wonderful to hear ALL the above.
    Author Unknown

"Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world!" Jn 16:33b

Wow girly....AWESOME job! So proud of you!

keep the good news coming!!! everyday is a new challenge!

^^^true cuz today I am cranky, bloated and tired!

^^^true cuz today I am cranky, bloated and tired!
    We all have our days, that'll be me tomorrow lol!

Thread Information