Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newer lady member needing diet & workout guidance

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    End of summer nap time transitioning from one season to the other....
    I nap on Saturday and Sundays after my kick a$$ workouts....I love AFTERNOON NAPS!!!!

Weigh in yesterday and unhappy to report that I am up some 2.5 pounds in one week. I am not in a bulking cycle so very very discouraged.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Any particular reason as to why? Regardless of why you can redeem yourself. You have before and can do so again real fast.
    TRUST yourself.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    TOM visiting soon? weighing self at same time of day? could be factors for the lill gain..
    still feeling good feeling strong chicka? cuz you sound it hold on to that and those 2 teeny tiny lbs wont hang out long

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    could be just water. don't get down on yourself, your too strong for that now. how is the TRX going? i have a friend who said he is going to try it this winter.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    Weigh in yesterday and unhappy to report that I am up some 2.5 pounds in one week. I am not in a bulking cycle so very very discouraged.
    Interested to know why you think this is? I have a feeling you know...

Either way, know that it's temporary and you can reverse it. You've already done it once, it should be easy now.

Bump!!!

Where's my number one GGR? I get nervous when I don't see you for days at a time.... help relieve my anxiety pls!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Bump!!!

Where's my number one GGR? I get nervous when I don't see you for days at a time.... help relieve my anxiety pls!
    Hi..no aniety here dude. I was on the road for work and back now. I haven't gained or lost any weight since last week so I am happy about that, especially since I was on biz trip and couldn't control the food as much.

I did my last spinning class for about 6 weeks last nite on the way home from the airport and I am impatiently waiting to leave for my "elective surgeries" that are scheduled later today. In some twisted way of thinking I think I may have gained a few pounds so that the girls wouldn't end up "ginormous" since the doctor is selecting the size during surgery. We have discussed a natural look for me, but because I was a full C when I was heavier, there is only so much a doctor can do....... He has a range that we both agreed to, but the final selection will be his to make based on what he thinks looks bets. He is not a "big boob" doctor, so I am confident he will give me the right look!

I am most anxious about the eyes since everyone will see my face. The puffy bags are hereditary, so I will be happy to see them gone. Bye bye bags!

For eating the next month or so, lacking any form of cardio and weight resistance training will be challenging. I am going to pull back on the carbs in the afternoon and just throw in the fiberous veggies if I get hungry. I will need to stay very focused to lose the 5 pounds I recently added, without the benefit of exercise, other than walking...which I plan to do for sure!

Thanks for checking in on me everyone! Later!!!

GOOD LUCK GIRL! HOPING ALL IS A FANTASTIC SUCCESS! Let us know when you are out and fine and dandy.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

GOOD LUCK GIRL! give us an update soon! you will basically be brand 'spankin' new!!!!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^ THAT!

Best of luck with everything, let us know how it all turns out once you feel up to logging in!!!

As for dieting - I wouldn't be worried about losing anything, just maintain. Get back into losing once you can give it 100% - JMHO.

Gbrice, RC, Sexy and Slimmer- thxs for the well wishes...everything seems to be okay! I am most pleased with the progress on the eyes! I think they will be awesome...the girls are much much bigger then I ever expected....ginormous!!!! Now the doctor says I will be pleased with them come 2 months time, that they are really swollen and the shape will change.....so I am trying to not have too much anxiety until December.

I have pulled back on the pain meds and will try to work one day this week, but the jury is still out on the return to work date! My body(trunk and ta-ta's) very swollen the last 2 days but seems to be lessening. I did walk a little bit yesterday and am looking forward to getting out in a bit...beautiful day for a walk!

Diet is okay. I haven't been that hungry which I think is from pain meds, plus been sleeping a ton!! Today I had some breakfast and starting to think about eating some lunch. but just not that hungry....so am not gonna force eat just to eat while I am on the meds.

I tried on my new black skinny pencil skirt this morning which I accidently dried it when it should have been dried flat so I think it shrunk abit! But it still fits! yah!!

I am going to try to take off 3 - 5 pounds if I can, through diet, but will not stress if I maintain during the next 5 weeks.

On the up side, my body is enjoying the rest. The knees where bugging me from spinning. My sprained ankle is enjoying the rest too! So perhaps this is the recovery time my body needed anyway ; )

love it!
    rest up n sweet pill enduced dreams-lol

glad to here that the procedure was a success. now, you will need someone to massage them! just try to do whatever you can while you heal and don't try to push.

All sounds good to me. Thanks for letting us know everything went well and that you are doing fine. I bet you are happy.

REST
    Rest
    rest
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    glad to here that the procedure was a success. now, you will need someone to massage them! just try to do whatever you can while you heal and don't try to push.
    in fact they do need to be massaged come friday..prevents capsulation... somehow I will have to manage cuz my gf tell me it is painful at first! too funny RC!!!

All sounds good to me. Thanks for letting us know everything went well and that you are doing fine. I bet you are happy.

REST
    Rest
    rest
    happy....in december...it is a bit overwhelming (for me) at the moment!!! but all in all, yes, I am! and enjoyng the rest too....there are so many more hours in the day now!!!

in fact they do need to be massaged come friday..prevents capsulation... somehow I will have to manage cuz my gf tell me it is painful at first! too funny RC!!!
    they will definitely hurt, more of a soreness type hurt from what i remember. and yes, prevents capsulation and gets your body/skin use to the new changes. just remember to take some pain meds before getting a rub down

they will definitely hurt, more of a soreness type hurt from what i remember. and yes, prevents capsulation and gets your body/skin use to the new changes. just remember to take some pain meds before getting a rub down
    U speak like a man with experience....save the ta tas!

I weighed in today after not working out for one week and cutting back on food, primarily carbs. I still eat oatmeal for breakfasts but only veggie carbs after breakfast. I am down 3 pounds. I am thrilled. On this side of 140 again.

Could it be muscle loss already?

I weighed in today after not working out for one week and cutting back on food, primarily carbs. I still eat oatmeal for breakfasts but only veggie carbs after breakfast. I am down 3 pounds. I am thrilled. On this side of 140 again.

Could it be muscle loss already?
    yes it could be, but you just had a major surgery and maybe your body was holding fluid from the trauma/surgery. it could have something to do with your since a few weeks ago you said your indulging a bit. anyway, that's always great to hear!

U speak like a man with experience....save the ta tas!
    i do miss that job!

What's happening?
    Author Unknown

i do miss that job!
    Depends on the patient, no?

What's happening?
    Thx for checking in. Not working out is a killer. I am walking about 30 - 35 miles a week but doesn't compare to the gym. Can't workout for another three weeks or so. I have cut back on calories and struggling to keep under 140 lbs.

Eyes look fabulous. And the girls are still swollen but not as tender. It will take time but in about 2 months have a better feel for the overlook. So far so good!!!

^^^ glad to see you're maintaining for the most part. Yes, it's tough when you can't work out. Just keep in mind that any weight you gain (you may not), you will easily get rid of as you will return to the gym with a renewed sense of vigor. I promise!!!

Was wondering this morning where you were and glad to see you are holding on.
    Like Gbrice said, you will knock off anything later anyway with vigor. Trust yourself.

Keep us posted!
    Author Unknown

Weekly weigh in and down .3 lbs. Doesn't seem like much but I have set a goal to loose .5 lbs per week thru end of December. Given the restricted work out schedule I think a modest goal is more realistic to achieve. Even at this slow rate, I will be down 5 total come end of year thru all the holidays and good food and drink. Wish me good healthy choices!!!

To be down .3lbs when not really doing much at all to facilitate fat loss is amazing. You should be very happy and proud!

^^^^^^ totally agree! just stay your course that you have set for yourself in the next few months and all will be well come 2012! they better watch out for you!

awsome girly! esp considering you added like 5lbs in new boobiez lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    awsome girly! esp considering you added like 5lbs in new boobiez lol
    i wasn't going to go there, but you are so right!

^ lol, leave it too my big mounth ta say what others are thinking

Weekly weigh in and down .3 lbs. Doesn't seem like much but I have set a goal to loose .5 lbs per week thru end of December. Given the restricted work out schedule I think a modest goal is more realistic to achieve. Even at this slow rate, I will be down 5 total come end of year thru all the holidays and good food and drink. Wish me good healthy choices!!!
    Love this plan and kinda what I am thinking myself. SLow...slow and keep it off and not let the season trick or treat!
    Author Unknown

To be down .3lbs when not really doing much at all to facilitate fat loss is amazing. You should be very happy and proud!
    and I hope to be down somemore on wednesday weigh in....

i wasn't going to go there, but you are so right!
    um....yeah, you and SEXY are on to something...so went from B to small D's...so there is some weight in the girls...maybe not 5 lbs....but probably 2 or 3 at least. Hahahaha. oh, and the swelliing....sounds like that is worth a few ounces!! LOL
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 10-15-2011 at 05:36 PM.

I logged in 35 miles walking this week, mostly outside. I feel good that I was able to get out 5 days this week. I haven't been able to lift weights for about 4 weeks. Ya'll gonna this odd, but I really miss my regular workouts, especially the weights.

I think my weight will be down again this week, but I am wondering if this is because I am potentially loosing muscle. what ya think????

I think my weight will be down again this week, but I am wondering if this is because I am potentially loosing muscle. what ya think????
    It's possible, but are you eating? How do you feel... sluggish? Tired? Depressed? Irritable?

Most importantly, how do you LOOK? You were pretty lean as per your last pics. If you're losing muscle, you should be able to see it, and/or feel it in your clothes at this point.

It's possible, but are you eating? How do you feel... sluggish? Tired? Depressed? Irritable?

Most importantly, how do you LOOK? You were pretty lean as per your last pics. If you're losing muscle, you should be able to see it, and/or feel it in your clothes at this point.
    I am eating but pulled back on the carbs other then the oatmeal for breakfast and veggies thru the day and I feel great!! I have sworn off candy too. (There is a resident candy jar 2 offices down and I swear the devil keeps filling it, but I decided I had no room for those extra carbs given restricted workout routine. And perhaps I shouldn't be in the candy at all, ever!) I am probably eating about 1000 calories daily, skewed towards protein, then carbs, little fat.

Look: My stomach is flatter (which everyone knows is my weak spot) but not hard, my ribs showing above the chest and along the side. Still cut in the arms and legs.

Clothes feeling looser at the waist band which feels good. I have been replenishing my wardrobe with smalls, size 2 pants (which is probably more like a 4 in real terms). A month ago I was about 142, and this morning I weighed in a 137. I also entered a bet to loose 5 lbs to 134 or lower by the end of the year...which is giving me some incentive...crazy as that sounds.

Since I am only able to walk, I am afraid that I am loosing muscle. I only have 3.5 weeks more of no workouts and then I roll back into the gym proper. Although I know I will not go in where I left off. I can't push/pull the vaccum across a hardwood floor quite yet, but I will be able to spin my little heart out!!!

So, what's the verdict????
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 10-16-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Based on what you're saying above, I really don't think you're losing muscle. You feel good, and you're not doing any intense exercising that would cause you to lose muscle. Unless you're severely undereating (under 1000 calories?), I see no reason your body would have to give up LBM. So, relax and keep those cortisol levels down!

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information