Page 32 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,280 of 4241
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Shoot it went well!! I actually coulda dun 275lbs for severAl sets but i have a slightly pulled groin muscle.. Its funny how u dont realize how many difft muscles and tendons and stuff u use to do stuff

Well got my cardIo dun.. And thats it for today... Gonna put some thought into this carb cycle thing today..

Thinking:
    Mon: high (200g) chest
    Tue: zero (35g from veg) back
    Wed: zero (35g from veg) cardio
    Thu: high (200g) legs
    Fri: low (100g) shoulders, arms
    Sat: low (100g) cardio
    Sun: low (100g) off

Unsure about incorporating a cheat meal in.. I enjoy my cheat which is usually 2 chk breasts grilled skin on and removed after cooking.. Alot of ketchup (i can get reduced sugar) and fries baked (thinking of switching to sweet potato fries made from real sweet potato or reg fries made from reg potato baked in oven)

Any opinions would be aPpreciated.. SteM? I think u suggested i reduce protein on high carb days down to compensate for cals.. If so instead of 300g pro id eat 200g pro?? But i was wondering if it wouldnt even out leavn it the same since ill be eating less cals on zero carb days??

Am a bit concerned about hunger on zero carb days.. If i add veggies to meals that usually have oats or yams then my carb count will go up.. If i dont ill prob be hungry all day.. I dont like being hungry

Wat if on zero carb days i have 400g protein ?? And on 200g carb days i have 200g protein?? This is a little confusing

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Mate, I think if you are gonna do a full no, low and high carb cycle, keep your protein the same every day, otherwise it ends up being a carb and protein cycle. The idea is that you'll be undereating some days and aovereating others.

Don't worry about the hunger, plenty of fibre should help, besides on a reduced calorie diet your body should tell you it's hungry as it adapts to the new eating plan!

Anyhow, more importantly, where's my snickerdoodle recipe, ha ha!

LOL......... ^^took a pic of this message and sent it to my wife ill try and get it soon by the end of the weekend...

ok i think i have my plan for this carb cycle.. diet looks pretty similar to my current diet:

HIGH CARB DAYS(MON,THU- CHEST,LEGS):
    2497CALS 307g pro/ 205g carb/ 46g fat

(0700) meal1: 1whole egg, 5whites, 3oz burger, 3/4C oats, 2tsp sugar free jam

(1030) meal2: (pre w/o) 5oz chikn, 8oz yam, 2C broccoli

NOON LIFT

(1300) meal3: PWO: 2scoops whey, 3/4C oats

(1430) meal4: 6oz burger, 2C broccoli, 4oz yam

(1800) meal5: 5oz chikn, asparagus (10 spears)

(2030) meal6: 5oz chikn, 1C cottage cheese

low carb total macros:2128cals/ 298Pro/ 91Carb/ 55Fat

zero carb total macros:1849cals/ 290Pro/ 34Carb/ 52Fat

low carb days will reduce carbs in meals 1,2,3, (oats to 1/4c and yam to 4oz) and eliminate carb in meal 4

zero carb days will eliminate all carbs except fibrous veggies and maybe cottage cheese (would like some input there) of which i will prob add veggies to breakfast and pwo...

both low carb and zero carb days ill prob add back in my natty pb to meal 6... i eliminated it on high carb days...

feedback welcome thx

well got my am fasted cardio in today..

5min warmup
    20 min HIIT
    5min moderate(160BPM HR)
    10min LISS (132BPM HR)

got it in good today on shoulders and arms.. managed to get 205lbs on closegrip bench for 2 sets of 6 reps which is good for me cuz my shoulder issue.. the abs seem to be inching out ever so slightly week by week.. maybe someday ill get a critique for my carb cycle i plan on startn monday...\

tonite im havn my 2 chikn breast, fries baked in the oven cheat.. this time im gonna use reduced sugar ketchup since i use like 8oz of it LOL...

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What kind of ab routine are you doing? I'm doing crunches and leg lifts, but I'm not really feeling it anywhere in my oblique areas.

I'm lucky that I've NEVER liked Ketchup....always prefered brown mustard on my fries, etc. Good for dieting cause I can pour all I want on and be go to go!!!

not doing any ab routine as of now.. prob need to start though since my bf is lower ketchup is a less carb/calorie substitute to my true love...

BBQ SAUCE!!!]

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    stopping in and see you are still doing this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    not doing any ab routine as of now.. prob need to start though since my bf is lower ketchup is a less carb/calorie substitute to my true love...

BBQ SAUCE!!!]
    If you like spicy at all....Give Famous Daves "Devil's Spit" BBQ sauce I try one of these days. FREAKIN FANTASTIC. Best sauce ever in my Opinion.

I would not lift on a zero carb day, only mod or high. So readjust your lifting days or move about your low/zero days.

And zero days should just be fibrous carbs, no sugar (lactose) so you'll need to sub your cott chs for something else on those days.

And start training those abs!!!!

Ok cool thx man! Ill make the necessary adjustments.. Will have to switch my lift days around.. I read in GB's Ask thread when he carb cycles he does:
    1 high
    3 zero
    3 low

Wondering if 2 high days will be ok for me since im keeping weekly carbs at 700g or if i should consider changing it?

Also curious if i should shoot for 3 zero carb days and if so 3 in a row?

If i stay with 2 high days i could increase the carbs those days to 250g and have 3 zero days and 2 low days at 100g?

Sat: high(250g) Legs
    Sun: zero- off
    Mon: zero- cardio
    Tue: low(100g) back
    Wed: high(250g) chest
    Thu: zero- cardio
    Fri: low(100g) shoulders, arms

Well, as you know I haven't personally cycled. I know GB works with Nark, the Godfather of diet. On that basis, I'd maybe go with the 1 high and split the other 6 days low/zero. Or use the search function, there will be plenty of ideas.

Ultimately one method will work best for you and you'll only know after experimenting but I think I would prefer the one high day only.

Yeh i suppose ur rite .. Would that change my low carb day macro? If im consuming 100g/day(700/week) now and i must note bf chek this am:8.57% from 9.04 last week ..

U know SteM maybe im just being stupid.. It seems i get this way periodically as u prob recall.. My bf% is still dropping every week.. Maybe i should just keep things as they are.. I mean really.. 0.5% each week (or close) is fantastic.. Abs r startn to show when flexed.. 4 weeks from now at this rate ill be at 6.57% which should prob put me close to 10% in all actuality.. Why would i wanna change.. Maybe i wait on GB and get a proper planned carb cycle ironed out in the event my progress stops before im happy otherwise be grateful this thing keeps going!!

What u think?

Also im with wife today = snickerdoodle recipe for u

Well, if we go back to page 1 or 2 of this thread you wanted to swap then. But didn't. ANd now you look amazing. Honestly? If it's still working and you still feel the same (or more) motivation, then stick with it. If the progress stops or you are feeling great urges to cheat, then change it up.

Must be nearly time for more pics?

Oh, and train those abs and they'll start popping out more.

If it ain't broke.......

SteM ill pm u both recipes tomorrow when i have my laptop.. By the time u read this itll prob be tomorrow for u

Had a good off day.. Pretty busy though.. Lookn forward to fasted am HIIT and chest tomorrow.. Will remain on current diet for now ... Also i need to incorporate ab work i suppose.. SteM would it help them pop out better doing bodyweight ab work or weighted ab work? High weight low rep or low weight high rep?? Nite yall

Yep, it's already tomorrow/today here and I've done my shift at work already!

The thing with abs exercise is that you just have to do them right. If you go weighted, you will likely 'cheat' to do the reps. Though I consider weighted ab work to be superior for getting to see the abs I would work on your tecjhnique first. Make sure you are feeling the contraction and on a basic crunch, that you squeeze the abs so they lift you off the floor. Not momentum and not jerking upwards. Try a few things, see what feels best, then start adding weight. I wouldn't drop below 10 reps.

BTW I HATE training abs.

yeh i hate training them too! i do enjoy the weighted cable crunch where ur on ur knees in front of the tricep pushdown machine and u put the ropes on it and hold onto the ropes and crunch downward.. figd id do that with a straight set and then a set twisting to the sides..and the repeat for like 3 sets of each and then also superset each one of those sets with hanging knees but do them with the legs straight out as opposed to bent??

woke up late this am but got in HIIT anyways.. total of 25mins with 2 min warmup and 13 sets of 30sec all out 60-90sec slow repeat and then 2 min cooldown...

ready for chest at lunch... really starting to like wat i see in the mirror... i believe i currently am as lean now at 37 as ive ever been in my whole life! took waist measurement this am (ive always been big waisted) at the biggest point around the love handle area(which are almost gone)and over the belly button and it was 34.5" .. when i started this cut it was 42"

weight still 190lbs.. been that way for 2 months!

Mate, brilliant news, is the Mrs liking the new svelte you?

Re: hanging leg raises - overrated IMO. Too much hip flexor involvement partic with straight legs. The way I do them is hang, knees bent and thighs paralel to the floor. That is your start and finish point. Crunch up from that position and back down to it. It's a small movement and against what most people do/recommend but try it and see! Cable crunches are my faves for upper abs, like you describe. Just make sure the weight isn't too heavy!

oh yeh she def does shes doing the diet as well and her bf is dropping.. i have to remember she is not me and i have a tendency to want to push her like i would myself.. i havent done so but it can be tuff when she doesnt seem as driven as i think she should be LOL.. she hasnt done any lifting yet and i suspect is not being very diligent with her cardio either.. she does it after i leave for work.. the way i see it why diet and deprive urself of the good tasting food if ur not gonna hit the workouts as hard as u can..

speaking for myself the diet is fairly routine at this point.. mainly i just crave food .. it doesnt really matter what it tastes like anymore.. i used to have to have condiments on all my meat but now i simply enjoy eating what i know is good for me.. its nice being thin... being able to put on clothes that fit snugly and not having to worry about sucking in my gut or whether or not i look fat but to the contrary having confidence in the fact that snug fitting clothes actually make me look better than baggy ones

I remember a supermodel once saying 'thin is better than cake'.

And most the time, it is!

stem u have a PM

back atcha!

well i had a 1300 start at work so i slept in today and woke up at 1000 ... got in my 45mins am fasted LISS.. will do back at 1800.. SteM up to now my refeeds have been about 200g carbs.. do u think i should increase that to 300g?? learning a little about leptin .. also read u could use simple carbs during a refeed day.. not a lot of them but some.. like maybe peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on wheat bread?? id prob still use my sugar free jam but id use jif extra crunchy peanut butter (my favorite) say 2 sandwiches?? say pre w/o on LEG DAY??

***id like to note here lately ive been eating 1 pb and j sammich on my cheat meal day on top of my cheat meal..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 02-14-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    well i had a 1300 start at work so i slept in today and woke up at 1000 ... got in my 45mins am fasted LISS.. will do back at 1800.. SteM up to now my refeeds have been about 200g carbs.. do u think i should increase that to 300g?? learning a little about leptin .. also read u could use simple carbs during a refeed day.. not a lot of them but some.. like maybe peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on wheat bread?? id prob still use my sugar free jam but id use jif extra crunchy peanut butter (my favorite) say 2 sandwiches?? say pre w/o on LEG DAY??

***id like to note here lately ive been eating 1 pb and j sammich on my cheat meal day on top of my cheat meal..
    Lol on the cheat meal on top of the cheat meal!!! Hey remember if it aint broken, dont fix it. If you still keep lookin leaner and scale keeps showing progress continue doing what your doing IMO

LOL yeh pap i tell u i crave xtra crunchy jif and jelly on bread more than anything .. i usually eat it while laying in bed rite before i go to sleep with about 12oz milk!

my cheat meal is 2 chicken breasts grilled with skin on and then removed with reduced sugar ketchup and some baked fries.. so its pretty not bad for a cheat.. i fig 2 hrs later i can still have a pb and J

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    LOL yeh pap i tell u i crave xtra crunchy jif and jelly on bread more than anything .. i usually eat it while laying in bed rite before i go to sleep with about 12oz milk!
    Hahaha niceeee

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

Does the extra PB and J (what the fvck is jelly anyway?) fit in with your macro's for the day?

And bread as a pre workout carb source? Doesn't work for me, I have the worst workouts after bread, wheat or not.

When are pics again?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Does the extra PB and J (what the fvck is jelly anyway?) fit in with your macro's for the day?

And bread as a pre workout carb source? Doesn't work for me, I have the worst workouts after bread, wheat or not.

When are pics again?
    Its Jam I think....

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post

When are pics again?
    well up to now i have been eating the pb and j on my cheat meal day.. on that day ill eat meal 1, 2, 3, 4 and thats it then i have 2 chik breasts and fries with low sugar ketchup and about 2 hrs later i have a pb and j and glass of milk.. dont count macros that day.. fig skipping last 2 meals which is prob about 700cals helps out but i just say screw it on the calorie counting.. still drop fat..

what i was askn though is if on my refeed day (a difft day from cheat day) if i could/should raise carbs to 300g and if i can eat 2 pb and j's that day which will eliminate the pb and j on my cheat day>> LOL and yes i realize i go over on cals 2 days out of 7... LOL but im still losing fat..

i can drop the fries on my cheat day and make fries out of a yam and the ketchup i use had about 15g sugar and thats it...

id also like to note even at 300g carbs id be at maintenance on refeed day and im prob under maintenance on cheat day just over my typical deficit..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 02-14-2012 at 02:52 PM.

yeh jelly is jam without the fruit chunks in it.. i actually eat jam/preserves just call it jelly LOL

So, if on your refeed day, your macro's allow for it, then yeah why not. Only your results will tell you if it's an issue or not. I'd still try and keep the fat content of any carb laden meal down to about 10g. May mean you get to eat 2 sandwiches but at different meals each one! Your refeed is a carb refeed, remember.

And jelly is something we put in trifle! Not the same as your jelly! You may call that jello?!

ok gotcha.. gonna be tuff to eat peanut butter of any amt on a sammich and be below 10g fat.. about 1tbsp .. my main other question is the amt of carbs i refeed with.. ive actually been refeeding with prob 175g carbs.. do u think 300g would be better ?? a few things i read put carb refeeds higher than that in the 400-600g range.. something like 3-7g per lb of lbm... ive got about 170lbs lbm... so thatd be 1.76g carb per lb of lbm.. ?? thanx buddy

No harm in trying different levels, maybe start at 240-260g and see how you go. I've done a keto diet before and I absolutely despised the carb load day of only 400g.

All I will say is this. Don't try to over engineer changes to a regime that is still working great gains (losses) for you. You have been cutting a long time, I know, and you are probably bored of it a little by now. Even if you took a week at 180g carbs per day, then get back on it as it is, that may help!?

Thread Information